What's this about?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Come on gang where else can we not get are salt and pepper from"

The moon

"What's this about?"

I think it’s about Morrisons having a chicken on sale with words to the effect of ‘no EU salt’ on the packaging. They hastily backtracked after receiving complaints.

This is where we are.

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

Literally nothing to see here

They were just following the EU's 'farm to fork' directive which states that produce sourced outside the EU has to be labelled as such

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"What's this about?

I think it’s about Morrisons having a chicken on sale with words to the effect of ‘no EU salt’ on the packaging. They hastily backtracked after receiving complaints.

This is where we are."

That's nothing new though. Honey has had "a blend of non-EU honey" on it for years.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Come on gang where else can we not get are salt and pepper from

The moon "

probably along with cheese

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Don’t push it. "

classic

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Don’t push it. "

Love this

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"What's this about?

This is where we are.

That's nothing new though. Honey has had "a blend of non-EU honey" on it for years. "

Apparently they received complaints that the wording was anti EU and stoked anti EU feeling in the public

"What's this about?

This is where we are.

That's nothing new though. Honey has had "a blend of non-EU honey" on it for years.

Apparently they received complaints that the wording was anti EU and stoked anti EU feeling in the public"

Do we know where it was from?

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"What's this about?

This is where we are.

Apparently they received complaints that the wording was anti EU and stoked anti EU feeling in the public

Do we know where it was from? "

I think it was some offended people on twitter well thats what i read where the complaints started.

golden fields

"What's this about?

This is where we are.

Do we know where it was from? I think it was some offended people on twitter well thats what i read where the complaints started."

Isn't that what's Twitter is for? People who want to be offended by any old nonsense.

milton keynes

"What's this about?

This is where we are.

Do we know where it was from? "

Not seen where it was actually from. One of the comments was surely people want to know where its from as opposed to where its not from. Seems it does comply with the regulations and has to be on the label. The report said the print may have been to large/ prominent on the label and caused offence or anti EU feelings

near ipswich

"What's this about?

This is where we are.

Do we know where it was from? I think it was some offended people on twitter well thats what i read where the complaints started.

Isn't that what's Twitter is for? People who want to be offended by any old nonsense."

Yes thats what i think too and the reason i dont do it or faceache there are more than enough angry people on here for me.

golden fields

"What's this about?

This is where we are.

Do we know where it was from? I think it was some offended people on twitter well thats what i read where the complaints started.

Isn't that what's Twitter is for? People who want to be offended by any old nonsense.Yes thats what i think too and the reason i dont do it or faceache there are more than enough angry people on here for me. "

Haha.

Yes. Fair point.

I don't do those sites either. It's just photos of people's dinner and outrage at something written on a packet of food.

"What's this about?

This is where we are.

Do we know where it was from? I think it was some offended people on twitter well thats what i read where the complaints started."

Seriously? Not sure what the issue is here,

near ipswich

"What's this about?

This is where we are.

"

Thats social media for you and maybe a slow news day they have to fill the day up and its usually with negatives.

"What's this about?

This is where we are.

Thats social media for you and maybe a slow news day they have to fill the day up and its usually with negatives."

Tbh I am on Twitter and it’s not trending, people are more concerned with our corrupt government

milton keynes

"What's this about?

This is where we are.

"

Me neither but Morrison's have concluded it may stoke anti EU feeling (even though its what is required by law). The report did not mention Twitter though so assume these are direct complaints. At some point the regulation changes to say non UK instead. I wonder if the same people will be as angry then lol

"What's this about?

This is where we are.

Me neither but Morrison's have concluded it may stoke anti EU feeling (even though its what is required by law). The report did not mention Twitter though so assume these are direct complaints. At some point the regulation changes to say non UK instead. I wonder if the same people will be as angry then lol "

If it says non uk it will trigger a whole different set of people

milton keynes

"What's this about?

This is where we are.

Me neither but Morrison's have concluded it may stoke anti EU feeling (even though its what is required by law). The report did not mention Twitter though so assume these are direct complaints. At some point the regulation changes to say non UK instead. I wonder if the same people will be as angry then lol

If it says non uk it will trigger a whole different set of people "

It will be interesting to see if it does. Still not sure where the damm salt and pepper comes from

Manchester

What it does raise attention to is will we now actually know where our food comes from going forward? So maybe we can look forward to imported food roulette. If you’re lucky healthy meat, if not you get the growth hormone. Excellent

But the best bit today… Due to the shortage of meat processing staff ( no idea why!). We are now using European drivers to collect carcasses from the U.K. to be taken to Ireland and the Netherlands for butchering before they bring the meat back to the U.K. shops. All adding costs of course.

Maybe the farmers can export their fields to be harvested too!

milton keynes

"What it does raise attention to is will we now actually know where our food comes from going forward? So maybe we can look forward to imported food roulette. If you’re lucky healthy meat, if not you get the growth hormone. Excellent

But the best bit today… Due to the shortage of meat processing staff ( no idea why!). We are now using European drivers to collect carcasses from the U.K. to be taken to Ireland and the Netherlands for butchering before they bring the meat back to the U.K. shops. All adding costs of course.

Maybe the farmers can export their fields to be harvested too! "

As I understand it the only change to what is required on labels is replacing EU with UK. No rules have changed

Manchester

According to the food press rag Grocery one of the USA’s aims is to avoid labelling on meat saying produced in the US . This is not a deal yet but given the released details on the proposed NZ and AUS deals it’s looking likely that we will give in.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"According to the food press rag Grocery one of the USA’s aims is to avoid labelling on meat saying produced in the US . This is not a deal yet but given the released details on the proposed NZ and AUS deals it’s looking likely that we will give in. "

But surely that’s just supposition and in this day and age I don’t see why hem not having to label country of origin

» Add a new message to this topic