FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > The demise and break up of the UK

The demise and break up of the UK

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inn OP   Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

You are watching the demise of the UK at the hands of the Tory government, corruption and lies. The misuse of power is staggering.

There can be no pride or respect left for any of the cabinet, previous ministers or the Pm.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"You are watching the demise of the UK at the hands of the Tory government, corruption and lies. The misuse of power is staggering.

There can be no pride or respect left for any of the cabinet, previous ministers or the Pm. "

It is a mess, believable or not I have faith in the conservative parry to purge the current crop of shite and replace it with a far better alternative

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

not

"not "

Tbh, I am being serious, this government are the dregs literally anything would be an improvement

angela rayner made a very good point before she was bullied into an appology by online tory supporting trolls issuing death threats.

"angela rayner made a very good point before she was bullied into an appology by online tory supporting trolls issuing death threats."

Yes, it was a very apt description of this current crop of corrupt charlatans

By *ssexbloke72Man  over a year ago

Poplar

"angela rayner made a very good point before she was bullied into an appology by online tory supporting trolls issuing death threats."

Lol, I think she had to issue an apology for reasons other than what you are claiming.

As a mater of point, any death threat against anyone should be met with the full force of the law.

"angela rayner made a very good point before she was bullied into an appology by online tory supporting trolls issuing death threats.

Lol, I think she had to issue an apology for reasons other than what you are claiming.

As a mater of point, any death threat against anyone should be met with the full force of the law."

luckily in this instance, it was

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"You are watching the demise of the UK at the hands of the Tory government, corruption and lies. The misuse of power is staggering.

There can be no pride or respect left for any of the cabinet, previous ministers or the Pm.

It is a mess, believable or not I have faith in the conservative parry to purge the current crop of shite and replace it with a far better alternative "

How do you work that out?

All the competent and decent Conservative MP’s were ejected in the Brexit purge.

There is no-one decent left.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

It is a mess, believable or not I have faith in the conservative parry to purge the current crop of shite and replace it with a far better alternative

All the competent and decent Conservative MP’s were ejected in the Brexit purge.

There is no-one decent left. "

Yep. That's what happened. Not sure it'll break up the UK - though, I'd be ok with that, for the opportunity to live in an actual democracy - but, two things are certain:

The United Kingdom is not united.

Boris is not the person to unite it.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

Yep. That's what happened. Not sure it'll break up the UK - though, I'd be ok with that, for the opportunity to live in an actual democracy - but, two things are certain:

Boris is not the person to unite it."

Does Boris have any vested interest in keeping the country united?

Presumably part of the objective of brexit was to divide the country, so it's easier for them to maintain power. It's working.

North West

Boris is not the person to unite it.

Does Boris have any vested interest in keeping the country united?

Presumably part of the objective of brexit was to divide the country, so it's easier for them to maintain power. It's working."

If the history books subsequently write the the Conservative and Unionist Party (the actual name of the Conservative Party) was itself responsible for the break up of the Union of the United Kingdom… That Party might cease to exist in years to come.

By *inn OP   Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

Very interesting feedback and comments - if I had posted this 6 months ago I would have been hassled, made fun of or insulted.

I think the gravity of the situation is sinking in.

The Tories picked Johnson as leader because they thought he'd win them an election. (He did.)

They failed to consider - or failed to care - how awful he would be as PM.

The fish rots from the head. We are seeing how true that saying is, more and more.

"Very interesting feedback and comments - if I had posted this 6 months ago I would have been hassled, made fun of or insulted.

I think the gravity of the situation is sinking in.

"

Agree wholeheartedly - this forum seems to have moved from being 100% behind Brexit and Johnson where anyone who pointed out an issue was called a traitor to become much more realistic with what the Brexit vote and Johnson government is doing to our country.

Of course, there are always going to be those who still believe that the things that we are seeing in politics, to the economy, to the environment, the jobs for the boys, the corrupt PPI scandals and cronyism is a necessary step along the way to make Britain great again.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

At least if the uk breaks up each country can have there own goverment all to themselves and if things go tits up for any country it will be a lot easier to see who has fucked up instead of blaming watever party is in power in westminster at the time,reakon the plaid in wales and sinn fein in ireland would be fine with that,not to sure if the snp would be happy though once westminster isnt there to blame anymore

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

If the U.K. broke up which I doubt it ever will apart from NI , would Labour ever get elected in England ever ?

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

I am an Englishman living in Wales, there is a lot of support for independence in Wales, despite the economic & practical problems. I think Scotland & N. Ireland will leave the UK first

golden fields

"If the U.K. broke up which I doubt it ever will apart from NI , would Labour ever get elected in England ever ? "

Is that important?

But to give my opinion, I suspect that it will have no impact, people vote for the Tories no matter what.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Does anyone think the Tories will get another large majority. I suspect either a very slim majority or even hung parliament

"Does anyone think the Tories will get another large majority. I suspect either a very slim majority or even hung parliament"

Depend who is the PM at the time of the election

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

"Does anyone think the Tories will get another large majority. I suspect either a very slim majority or even hung parliament

Depend who is the PM at the time of the election "

I dont think BJ will be easy to get rid of.

golden fields

"Does anyone think the Tories will get another large majority. I suspect either a very slim majority or even hung parliament"

I do, the public have short memories.

Plus, judging by Conservative voters who contribute on this forum. Most of them don't care about all the sleaze, human shit in the rivers, PPE scandals, free holidays etc.

"Does anyone think the Tories will get another large majority. I suspect either a very slim majority or even hung parliament

I dont think BJ will be easy to get rid of."

The tories are ruthless, look what they did to Thatcher

North West

"If the U.K. broke up which I doubt it ever will apart from NI , would Labour ever get elected in England ever ? "

If the Conservatives are seen to have overseen the collapse of the United Kingdom I think it is they who might have trouble ever getting into power.

You seem to have an opinion that Labour are no-hopers… Yet they are not the one’s who illegally pro-rogued Parliament, their Leader is a man of honesty, integrity and principles, Labour are not trashing the institution ions, they are not dividing Britain and they are not swimming in corruption.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

The tories are ruthless, look what they did to Thatcher "

54 days ….

54 days …. "

Yep, he will be gone before Xmas

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

54 days ….

Yep, he will be gone before Xmas "

Please god.

Suspect he'll throw a minister under a bus first.

By *lixerMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

The UK just isn't for for purpose anymore. A new trading arrangement between three or four sovereign nation states, with written constitutions, must surely come.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Depend who is the PM at the time of the election "

Good point. I expect Boris to still be PM though no guarantee. My question is based on Boris still being PM. Last election obviously had the brexit angle so even without the covid problems and this weeks calamitous events I would expect the majority cut. With the mentioned problems I think they will be lucky to get a slim majority.

Good point. I expect Boris to still be PM though no guarantee. My question is based on Boris still being PM. Last election obviously had the brexit angle so even without the covid problems and this weeks calamitous events I would expect the majority cut. With the mentioned problems I think they will be lucky to get a slim majority. "

Possibly, personally I think Boris will be gone before the next GE and a lot will depend on who is the new leader, when they call for a GE and how much worse Brexit will become

» Add a new message to this topic