FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Psst wanna be a lord? Just give the Tories 3 million

Psst wanna be a lord? Just give the Tories 3 million

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It's special Tory corruption bonanza time! Hurray!

This story's from a joint investigation by openDemocracy and The Sunday Times.

"Tory treasurers who donate £3m to the party seem almost guaranteed a peerage.

In the past seven years, every former party treasurer has given at least this amount – and all but the most recently retired have been offered a seat in the House of Lords"

So there you go folks. Pay the Tories 3 million quid, get a peerage. Just dig deep into those pockets. It's just that easy.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

"It's special Tory corruption bonanza time! Hurray!

This story's from a joint investigation by openDemocracy and The Sunday Times.

"Tory treasurers who donate £3m to the party seem almost guaranteed a peerage.

In the past seven years, every former party treasurer has given at least this amount – and all but the most recently retired have been offered a seat in the House of Lords"

So there you go folks. Pay the Tories 3 million quid, get a peerage. Just dig deep into those pockets. It's just that easy. "

You can do it for free, use the profit from a dodgy PPE contract to pay for it !

Everyone's a winner ( if you don't count the public, or the state coffers )!!!

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

I can think of other things id rather spend 3 million quid on

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"I can think of other things id rather spend 3 million quid on"

But when you are wealthy enough to be able to afford to donate £3m then you already have everything you want except that peerage (status).

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

"I can think of other things id rather spend 3 million quid on"

i agree ... such as donating to organisations who assist the rescue, representation and resettlement of channel-crossing refugees

borehamwood

"I can think of other things id rather spend 3 million quid on

i agree ... such as donating to organisations who assist the rescue, representation and resettlement of channel-crossing refugees "

was thinking more about spending it on myself,nice holiday home somewhere and give my daughters a bit of a leg up in life

or paying the legal fees for climate change protestors or protestors in general or those sueing the government or police or army for their wrongdoings

borehamwood

"or paying the legal fees for climate change protestors or protestors in general or those sueing the government or police or army for their wrongdoings "
nah still rather spend it on myself and my kids thanks very much

or donating to homeless charities to help the vulnerable going into yet another cold winter where they may be at risk of dying

borehamwood

"or donating to homeless charities to help the vulnerable going into yet another cold winter where they may be at risk of dying "
nope still rather spend it within family,who in there right mind would give that much cash to a goverment or a charity

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"or donating to homeless charities to help the vulnerable going into yet another cold winter where they may be at risk of dying nope still rather spend it within family,who in there right mind would give that much cash to a goverment or a charity"

Somebody who can afford it , if people stopped giving you charity in this country a lot of people would be fucked

borehamwood

"or donating to homeless charities to help the vulnerable going into yet another cold winter where they may be at risk of dying nope still rather spend it within family,who in there right mind would give that much cash to a goverment or a charity

Somebody who can afford it , if people stopped giving you charity in this country a lot of people would be fucked"

that may be true but if you are giving away 3 million most would rather get something in return for it or use it to make there own and there kids life better

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"or donating to homeless charities to help the vulnerable going into yet another cold winter where they may be at risk of dying nope still rather spend it within family,who in there right mind would give that much cash to a goverment or a charity

Somebody who can afford it , if people stopped giving you charity in this country a lot of people would be fuckedthat may be true but if you are giving away 3 million most would rather get something in return for it or use it to make there own and there kids life better"

If someone can afford to “donate” £3m then they will certainly be expecting something back (normally influence over how to further increase and protect their immense wealth) and will have already ensured the kids are well provided for via trust funds and a property portfolio held by an offshore company.

or spend it on social projects that help people rather than hinder them.

Somebody who can afford it , if people stopped giving you charity in this country a lot of people would be fuckedthat may be true but if you are giving away 3 million most would rather get something in return for it or use it to make there own and there kids life better"

That's kind of the point of the post. The people giving the Tories 3 million blatantly are getting something in return for it. A peerage.

I wonder if anybody at all thinks this isn't corrupt. I think even Tory/Johnson supporters have stopped pretending they and him aren't grossly corrupt at this point.

(By "they", I meant Tories in government. Just to clarify.)

» Add a new message to this topic