FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Loss of trade = Loss of tax revenue

Loss of trade = Loss of tax revenue

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oo hot OP   Couple  over a year ago

North West

Almost half of British businesses that traded with the EU pre-Brexit are doing less trade with the bloc, or have stopped entirely, since the UK left the single market and customs union in January, according to a new survey.

An Institute of Directors survey, commissioned by Channel 4, out today also showed 16 per cent of British businesses that trade with the EU “have already decided to move some or all of their EU operations to inside the single market because of Brexit”.

This was another widely made prediction that was ridiculed as being “Project Fear.” This is where the loss of revenue in tax receipts will hurt each and every one of us and is why the OBR said that Brexit will be twice as costly as the pandemic.

Sunlit uplands and all that…

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

"Almost half of British businesses that traded with the EU pre-Brexit are doing less trade with the bloc, or have stopped entirely, since the UK left the single market and customs union in January, according to a new survey.

An Institute of Directors survey, commissioned by Channel 4, out today also showed 16 per cent of British businesses that trade with the EU “have already decided to move some or all of their EU operations to inside the single market because of Brexit”.

This was another widely made prediction that was ridiculed as being “Project Fear.” This is where the loss of revenue in tax receipts will hurt each and every one of us and is why the OBR said that Brexit will be twice as costly as the pandemic.

Sunlit uplands and all that…"

Blue passports

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

wE nEeD tO beLieVe HarDeR

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

It's true that the EU has been as awkward as possible but hey ho.

I've just been looking at figures for wage growth, unemployment and economic growth. The UK knocks the EU into a cocked hat.

As follows:

UK economic growth 2021 (until end October) 6.8%

EU economic growth 2021 (until end October) 5.3%

The gap between the UK and EU economic performance is now accelerating. Between 2000 and 2017 the UK outperformed the EU by an average of 0.8% EVERY year.

That UK over-performance has now doubled to 1.5%

The EU is an economic corpse

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

"It's true that the EU has been as awkward as possible but hey ho.

I've just been looking at figures for wage growth, unemployment and economic growth. The UK knocks the EU into a cocked hat.

As follows:

The gap between the UK and EU economic performance is now accelerating. Between 2000 and 2017 the UK outperformed the EU by an average of 0.8% EVERY year.

The EU is an economic corpse"

I do love this stat.

The period when our growth was so good, we were mainly in the EU.

Now, not so good is it.

Our rate of growth lately is so good because it was starting from an absolute low price during the worst of covid.

5/10

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

As follows:

I do love this stat.

Now, not so good is it.

Our rate of growth lately is so good because it was starting from an absolute low price during the worst of covid.

5/10"

Tbh, it’s good to have him back, I thought the embarrassment regarding the fake Jean Monnet quote would have finished him off,

Spain, Lancs

As follows:

I do love this stat.

Now, not so good is it.

5/10"

You misread my post: the UK'S outperformance of the EU has ACCELERATED since Brexit

Spain, Lancs

As follows:

I do love this stat.

Now, not so good is it.

5/10

Tbh, it’s good to have him back, I thought the embarrassment regarding the fake Jean Monnet quote would have finished him off, "

Hmm. Thin stuff. Tell me what he said

As follows:

I do love this stat.

Now, not so good is it.

5/10

Tbh, it’s good to have him back, I thought the embarrassment regarding the fake Jean Monnet quote would have finished him off,

Hmm. Thin stuff. Tell me what he said"

I admire your resilience, the Monnet faux pas would have finished most people on here

Spain, Lancs

As follows:

I do love this stat.

Now, not so good is it.

5/10

I admire your resilience, the Monnet faux pas would have finished most people on here "

What faux pas was that? Are you saying that Monnet didn't design/envisage the EU to be insulated from public opinion?

As follows:

I do love this stat.

Now, not so good is it.

5/10

I admire your resilience, the Monnet faux pas would have finished most people on here

What faux pas was that? Are you saying that Monnet didn't design/envisage the EU to be insulated from public opinion?"

Why don’t you quote the line you kept using ?

Spain, Lancs

As follows:

I do love this stat.

Now, not so good is it.

5/10

What faux pas was that? Are you saying that Monnet didn't design/envisage the EU to be insulated from public opinion?

Why don’t you quote the line you kept using ? "

You say I was wrong in what I said. In what way?

As follows:

I do love this stat.

Now, not so good is it.

5/10

You say I was wrong in what I said. In what way?"

He never said it, which in fairness, is a bit embarrassing for you when you kept staring that he did. However, fair play, your back now , but no longer quoting what he didn’t say anymore

Spain, Lancs

As follows:

I do love this stat.

Now, not so good is it.

5/10

He never said it, which in fairness, is a bit embarrassing for you when you kept staring that he did. However, fair play, your back now , but no longer quoting what he didn’t say anymore "

So he designed it to put rulers in closer touch with voters, did he?

What evidence have you got for vthat claim?

You need to go and stand at the plaque to Peterloo and reflect hard

As follows:

I do love this stat.

Now, not so good is it.

5/10

He never said it, which in fairness, is a bit embarrassing for you when you kept staring that he did. However, fair play, your back now , but no longer quoting what he didn’t say anymore

You need to go and stand at the plaque to Peterloo and reflect hard"

Why have you stopped quoting what he didn’t say, if I could be bothered I would find what you had written on the forums, but I don’t want to inflict more embarrassment on you, especially as you have been so brave

Spain, Lancs

As follows:

I do love this stat.

Now, not so good is it.

5/10

You need to go and stand at the plaque to Peterloo and reflect hard

Why have you stopped quoting what he didn’t say, if I could be bothered I would find what you had written on the forums, but I don’t want to inflict more embarrassment on you, especially as you have been so brave "

Ha ha. You sound like you're whistling in the dark.

I thought you Remainers had brains but maybe you didn't understand what you were voting for

By *oo hot OP   Couple  over a year ago

North West

As follows:

The EU is an economic corpse"

Why are quoting such nonsense? Who are you trying to convince?

The U.K. had the worst economic outcome (and medical outcome) as a result of COVID and so any bounce back is more than obviously going to be greater… just to check though - you do know for example that a 20% drop from 100 to 80 is not the same as a 20% increase from 80?

It has been all over the radio and TV today that small and medium sized businesses are in complete disarray because of Brexit and that is just NOT good news for anyone in this country.

» Add a new message to this topic