FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Cricket institutionally racist?

Cricket institutionally racist?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *mateur100 OP   Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

I suggest you listen to the interview this morning on sky news with the excellent Mark Ramprakash and the very poor Kaye Burley

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"I suggest you listen to the interview this morning on sky news with the excellent Mark Ramprakash and the very poor Kaye Burley "

Did you watch the Azeem Rafiq testimony?

It is what he experienced and what other people ‘think’ has less value.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I suggest you listen to the interview this morning on sky news with the excellent Mark Ramprakash and the very poor Kaye Burley

It is what he experienced and what other people ‘think’ has less value."

Yep, it was horrific what he had to endure

nr faversham

"I suggest you listen to the interview this morning on sky news with the excellent Mark Ramprakash and the very poor Kaye Burley

Yep, it was horrific what he had to endure "

Have you listened to mark ramprakash

Have you listened to mark ramprakash"

No,

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

Cricket is definitely very racist and I'm embarrassed by it as I quite like cricket.

You go to any major cricket match, T20, The Hundred or an international match and the ECB have a guy blaring out " there is no room for racism in cricket" while the players take the knee.

What a load of bullshit from the ECB. Cricket is racist all the way through from top to bottom, it's so natural in the game that no one bat's an eyelid at it.

Well done Azeem Rafiq.

nr faversham

No, "

Then I suggest you do

No,

Then I suggest you do"

I don’t have sky,

"Cricket is definitely very racist and I'm embarrassed by it as I quite like cricket.

You go to any major cricket match, T20, The Hundred or an international match and the ECB have a guy blaring out " there is no room for racism in cricket" while the players take the knee.

What a load of bullshit from the ECB. Cricket is racist all the way through from top to bottom, it's so natural in the game that no one bat's an eyelid at it.

Well done Azeem Rafiq. "

Is it that bad? I know it looks awful for Yorkshire but it is a worry if it happens everywhere

nr faversham

No,

Then I suggest you do

I don’t have sky, "

You're a resilient chap, you can find it if you want to...

Near Wells

"Cricket is definitely very racist and I'm embarrassed by it as I quite like cricket.

Well done Azeem Rafiq.

Is it that bad? I know it looks awful for Yorkshire but it is a worry if it happens everywhere "

I believe so, sooner or later it will come out at other counties as well. Its already happening at Essex.

nr faversham

Well done Azeem Rafiq.

Is it that bad? I know it looks awful for Yorkshire but it is a worry if it happens everywhere

I believe so, sooner or later it will come out at other counties as well. Its already happening at Essex. "

Please listen to mark ramprakash. It was of its time and wasn't malicious

Well done Azeem Rafiq.

I believe so, sooner or later it will come out at other counties as well. Its already happening at Essex.

Please listen to mark ramprakash. It was of its time and wasn't malicious"

What wasn’t ‘malicious’ ? he never played for Yorkshire

No,

Then I suggest you do

I don’t have sky,

You're a resilient chap, you can find it if you want to..."

Nah, tbh, I am not really interested in what he has to say, he never played for Yorkshire

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"I suggest you listen to the interview this morning on sky news with the excellent Mark Ramprakash and the very poor Kaye Burley "

So I just googled

Mark Ramprakash Sky News

And

Mark Ramprakash Kay Burley

Nothing came up other than a Guardian article about Ramprakash having a go at Yorkshire County Cricket Club.

Perhaps we all just need to accept that quite a lot of British people harbour deeply unpleasant racist ideas and it just takes brave people like Azeem Rafiq to call it out for what it is.

So I just googled

Mark Ramprakash Sky News

And

Nothing came up other than a Guardian article about Ramprakash having a go at Yorkshire County Cricket Club.

Perhaps we all just need to accept that quite a lot of British people harbour deeply unpleasant racist ideas and it just takes brave people like Azeem Rafiq to call it out for what it is."

Yep, although you will still find people trying to make excuses for this behaviour

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

So I just googled

Mark Ramprakash Sky News

And

Perhaps we all just need to accept that quite a lot of British people harbour deeply unpleasant racist ideas and it just takes brave people like Azeem Rafiq to call it out for what it is."

Name me a more racially tolerant country than the UK?

The UK is not full of racists. A recent investigation by a committee headed by a black guy came to that conclusion, it was then questioned by the Guardianistas (white) as it didn’t suit their narrative.

Of course there are people that make ignorant or rude comments, but they are ignorant & rude, not racists.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

So I just googled

Mark Ramprakash Sky News

And

Perhaps we all just need to accept that quite a lot of British people harbour deeply unpleasant racist ideas and it just takes brave people like Azeem Rafiq to call it out for what it is.

The UK is not full of racists. A recent investigation by a committee headed by a black guy came to that conclusion, it was then questioned by the Guardianistas (white) as it didn’t suit their narrative.

Of course there are people that make ignorant or rude comments, but they are ignorant & rude, not racists."

Very well said mate some would have us all labelled racist just for being British.

So I just googled

Mark Ramprakash Sky News

And

Of course there are people that make ignorant or rude comments, but they are ignorant & rude, not racists.Very well said mate some would have us all labelled racist just for being British."

When did that happen?

So I just googled

Mark Ramprakash Sky News

And

Of course there are people that make ignorant or rude comments, but they are ignorant & rude, not racists."

I just hope these horrific incidents were isolated and are not prevalent throughout English Cricket. However is is obvious that there is a serious problem and Yorkshire CC is institutionally racist

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

So I just googled

Mark Ramprakash Sky News

And

yes a lot but fortunately it’s a very small percentage

Near Wells

The UK maybe institutionally racist. The problem is that the ECB and others are two faced about it, saying one thing but in reality do the opposite.

The other thing that's worrying is that the reason Adil Rashid didn't want to play test cricket for England was because he couldn't face being part of the Yorkshire 4 day championship team because of the racism.

That alone should have made people think. I'll look for the Mark Ramperkash interview.

near ipswich

why did this guy put up with it for 11 years and say nothing?

Maldon

"why did this guy put up with it for 11 years and say nothing?"
Then tell all at the end of his career? They said he gave his ‘evidence’ but it was simply a statement.

"why did this guy put up with it for 11 years and say nothing?"

No idea, why did the jimmy Saville victims wait until he died?

Maldon

"why did this guy put up with it for 11 years and say nothing?

No idea, why did the jimmy Saville victims wait until he died? "

Embarrassment, shame, fear? All quite understandable in sexual assault cases as you well know.

Embarrassment, shame, fear? All quite understandable in sexual assault cases as you well know. "

Azeem Rafiq understandably felt the same , it takes courage to do what he did, don’t you think?

near ipswich

No idea, why did the jimmy Saville victims wait until he died? "

how can you even compare the jimmy Saville saga to this get a grip mate.

Maldon

Embarrassment, shame, fear? All quite understandable in sexual assault cases as you well know.

Azeem Rafiq understandably felt the same , it takes courage to do what he did, don’t you think? "

How do you know how he feels?

near ipswich

Azeem Rafiq understandably felt the same , it takes courage to do what he did, don’t you think? "

No it would have taken courage to speak out at the time and put a stop to it not 11 years later.

Azeem Rafiq understandably felt the same , it takes courage to do what he did, don’t you think?

How do you know how he feels? "

How do you know how the Jimmy Savile victims felt? He is a very brave man, don’t you think?

Azeem Rafiq understandably felt the same , it takes courage to do what he did, don’t you think? No it would have taken courage to speak out at the time and put a stop to it not 11 years later. "

So it doesn’t take courage now?

No idea, why did the jimmy Saville victims wait until he died? how can you even compare the jimmy Saville saga to this get a grip mate."

Why are you questioning the timing? Sexually assisting is horrific, racial abuse is horrific, there isn’t a league table of what is worse?

Maldon

How do you know how the Jimmy Savile victims felt? He is a very brave man, don’t you think? "

I don’t see any bravery no.

"why did this guy put up with it for 11 years and say nothing? Then tell all at the end of his career? They said he gave his ‘evidence’ but it was simply a statement. "

Why are you questions the timing of his ‘revelations’ ?

How do you know how the Jimmy Savile victims felt? He is a very brave man, don’t you think? I don’t see any bravery no. "

I am not surprised that you don’t

Maldon

How do you know how the Jimmy Savile victims felt? He is a very brave man, don’t you think? I don’t see any bravery no.

I am not surprised that you don’t "

That’s good then.

How do you know how the Jimmy Savile victims felt? He is a very brave man, don’t you think? I don’t see any bravery no.

That’s good then."

Do you think the Harvey Weinstein victims were brave? Or the Fred Talbot victims? Or the Barry Bennel victims? We’re they brave ?

Maldon

That’s good then.

Do you think the Harvey Weinstein victims were brave? Or the Fred Talbot victims? Or the Barry Bennel victims? We’re they brave ? "

Are you comfortable comparing alleged name calling to mass murder & sexual assault?

Let’s bring in the thousands of young women and girls in Rotherham that were groomed and assaulted. They didn’t get the chance to address a committee did they?

That’s good then.

Do you think the Harvey Weinstein victims were brave? Or the Fred Talbot victims? Or the Barry Bennel victims? We’re they brave ?

Are you comfortable comparing alleged name calling to mass murder & sexual assault?

Let’s bring in the thousands of young women and girls in Rotherham that were groomed and assaulted. They didn’t get the chance to address a committee did they?"

Yes I am, both were bad, don’t you think? Or do you think racism is ok because sexual assault is worse? I haven’t got a clue why they didn’t have the chance to address a committee, do you? So, why are you really questioning Azeem Rafiqs claims?

That’s good then.

Let’s bring in the thousands of young women and girls in Rotherham that were groomed and assaulted. They didn’t get the chance to address a committee did they?"

Btw, None of the names I mentioned murdered anyone

By *rluckyknightMan  over a year ago

marske by sea

A certain person of colour now has a lot of money

"A certain person of colour now has a lot of money "

Who is this person?

Near Wells

The way this thread is going is part of the reason he wouldn't have raise these issues before.

And this is on a swingers website!!

"The way this thread is going is part of the reason he wouldn't have raise these issues before.

And this is on a swingers website!! "

Yep, it’s sad to see, but unfortunately not surprising

Maldon

"The way this thread is going is part of the reason he wouldn't have raise these issues before.

Yep, it’s sad to see, but unfortunately not surprising "

What rot. Always two sides.

What rot. Always two sides. "

Yeah, so, what is your ‘side’ prey tell

Maldon

Yeah, so, what is your ‘side’ prey tell "

No ‘side’ at all.

No ‘side’ at all."

Impartial? That’s good to hear,

Maldon

No ‘side’ at all.

Impartial? That’s good to hear, "

And very rude of you to assume I have a side. How dare you!

No ‘side’ at all.

Impartial? That’s good to hear,

And very rude of you to assume I have a side. How dare you! "

I asked a question ? Did it offend you? If so I apologise

near ipswich

And this is on a swingers website!! "

Why is that then? surely if he had raised them before he would have got the same media coverage and probably a lot more support stopped it happening to others too.

We are talking an elite sportsman here someone who has to have the mental fortitude,self belief and drive to reach the top not some 13 or 14 year old kid who has been abused by their coach or jimmy saville there is no comparison.

And this is on a swingers website!! Why is that then? surely if he had raised them before he would have got the same media coverage and probably a lot more support stopped it happening to others too.

We are talking an elite sportsman here someone who has to have the mental fortitude,self belief and drive to reach the top not some 13 or 14 year old kid who has been abused by their coach or jimmy saville there is no comparison."

Why does it matter to you when he made these claims?

near ipswich

And this is on a swingers website!! Why is that then? surely if he had raised them before he would have got the same media coverage and probably a lot more support stopped it happening to others too.

We are talking an elite sportsman here someone who has to have the mental fortitude,self belief and drive to reach the top not some 13 or 14 year old kid who has been abused by their coach or jimmy saville there is no comparison.

Why does it matter to you when he made these claims? "

It doesnt matter to me personally i dont get racially abused where i live but as i said before he could have saved others from the same fate if he had been brave and spoke out at the time dont you think?

Why does it matter to you when he made these claims? It doesnt matter to me personally i dont get racially abused where i live but as i said before he could have saved others from the same fate if he had been brave and spoke out at the time dont you think? "

Same for the sexually abuse victims? Shame & fear . It takes a lot of bravery to do what he did, maybe he wasn’t up to it until recently, maybe he was suffering after the still birth of his child, maybe it’s easier to speak out after you have left the environment that you were being abused.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Anytime a person talks about experiencing racism there are a good proportion of people who will try and minimise or dismiss their experiences.

It should be trivial to understand why he wouldn't feel able to speak out at the time - fear of damaging his career, or thinking that he wouldn't be taken seriously - the fact that people are still now saying 'it was just banter!' should show that would be a legitimate worry.

Why does it matter to you when he made these claims? It doesnt matter to me personally i dont get racially abused where i live but as i said before he could have saved others from the same fate if he had been brave and spoke out at the time dont you think? "

yeah always surprises me when it's comes out after there career ends if it's that bad why wait and let others go through the same brave not for me timing all it's about that bad he went back for more don't figure.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

" he could have saved others from the same fate if he had been brave and spoke out at the time dont you think? "

It's not up to the victims of racism to 'save others', for fucks sake.

Can't you just sympathise with the guy? Why do you need to find an angle to try and do him down?

near ipswich

Why does it matter to you when he made these claims? It doesnt matter to me personally i dont get racially abused where i live but as i said before he could have saved others from the same fate if he had been brave and spoke out at the time dont you think?

Same for the sexually abuse victims? Shame & fear . It takes a lot of bravery to do what he did, maybe he wasn’t up to it until recently, maybe he was suffering after the still birth of his child, maybe it’s easier to speak out after you have left the environment that you were being abused. "

He wasnt frightened when he called the England u19 coach a wanker and got banned from all matches for a month when his habit of staying out after agreed curfews became an issue.Doesnt seem to me the actions of a man who frightened to speak out.

"Anytime a person talks about experiencing racism there are a good proportion of people who will try and minimise or dismiss their experiences.

It should be trivial to understand why he wouldn't feel able to speak out at the time - fear of damaging his career, or thinking that he wouldn't be taken seriously - the fact that people are still now saying 'it was just banter!' should show that would be a legitimate worry."

Exactly ,

Why does it matter to you when he made these claims? It doesnt matter to me personally i dont get racially abused where i live but as i said before he could have saved others from the same fate if he had been brave and spoke out at the time dont you think?

Same for the sexually abuse victims? Shame & fear . It takes a lot of bravery to do what he did, maybe he wasn’t up to it until recently, maybe he was suffering after the still birth of his child, maybe it’s easier to speak out after you have left the environment that you were being abused. He wasnt frightened when he called the England u19 coach a wanker and got banned from all matches for a month when his habit of staying out after agreed curfews became an issue.Doesnt seem to me the actions of a man who frightened to speak out. "

What does that prove? Why are you criticising the timing of this? Does it diminish the accusations he has made?

Why does it matter to you when he made these claims? It doesnt matter to me personally i dont get racially abused where i live but as i said before he could have saved others from the same fate if he had been brave and spoke out at the time dont you think? yeah always surprises me when it's comes out after there career ends if it's that bad why wait and let others go through the same brave not for me timing all it's about that bad he went back for more don't figure."

Why is it relevant? Did you criticise the sexually abuse victims for not coming out at the time

near ipswich

" he could have saved others from the same fate if he had been brave and spoke out at the time dont you think?

Can't you just sympathise with the guy? Why do you need to find an angle to try and do him down? "

Im not trying to do him down far from it but it seems to me you cant even ask a question why has it taken this long to say something. Thats the trouble with the woke brigade no discussion allowed.

If victims don't speak out then nothing gets done and nobody knows.

" he could have saved others from the same fate if he had been brave and spoke out at the time dont you think?

Can't you just sympathise with the guy? Why do you need to find an angle to try and do him down? Im not trying to do him down far from it but it seems to me you cant even ask a question why has it taken this long to say something. Thats the trouble with the woke brigade no discussion allowed.

If victims don't speak out then nothing gets done and nobody knows."

Did you say the same about the sexual abuse victims?

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

"Anytime a person talks about experiencing racism there are a good proportion of people who will try and minimise or dismiss their experiences.

It should be trivial to understand why he wouldn't feel able to speak out at the time - fear of damaging his career, or thinking that he wouldn't be taken seriously - the fact that people are still now saying 'it was just banter!' should show that would be a legitimate worry."

Spot on

Maldon

He’s just had to issue an apology. Perhaps not such an innocent victim?

near ipswich

Can't you just sympathise with the guy? Why do you need to find an angle to try and do him down? Im not trying to do him down far from it but it seems to me you cant even ask a question why has it taken this long to say something. Thats the trouble with the woke brigade no discussion allowed.

Did you say the same about the sexual abuse victims? "

As i said before if you cannot see the difference between a elite sportsMAN and a 13 year old kid speaking out i cant help you do you actually believe half of what you post?

"He’s just had to issue an apology. Perhaps not such an innocent victim? "

Deflection, the usual tactic

Did you say the same about the sexual abuse victims? As i said before if you cannot see the difference between a elite sportsMAN and a 13 year old kid speaking out i cant help you do you actually believe half of what you post?"

Hold on, the victims of Harvey Weinstein were not 13, why did they not speak up?

near ipswich

Did you say the same about the sexual abuse victims? As i said before if you cannot see the difference between a elite sportsMAN and a 13 year old kid speaking out i cant help you do you actually believe half of what you post?

Hold on, the victims of Harvey Weinstein were not 13, why did they not speak up? "

barry bennel and fred talbot,s victims were though and as i said you equate these kids being sexually abused to an elite sportsMAN get called names? you have lost all credibility with me.

Did you say the same about the sexual abuse victims? As i said before if you cannot see the difference between a elite sportsMAN and a 13 year old kid speaking out i cant help you do you actually believe half of what you post?

Hold on, the victims of Harvey Weinstein were not 13, why did they not speak up? barry bennel and fred talbot,s victims were though and as i said you equate these kids being sexually abused to an elite sportsMAN get called names? you have lost all credibility with me. "

Not all Jimmy Savilles victims were children, in fact 100s were adults, why didn’t they speak up? And stop it from happening to others?

Hold on, the victims of Harvey Weinstein were not 13, why did they not speak up? barry bennel and fred talbot,s victims were though and as i said you equate these kids being sexually abused to an elite sportsMAN get called names? you have lost all credibility with me. "

Sexual assault is horrific, racist abuse is horrific, why are you trying to downplay racism because it’s not as bad as sexual assault? The reasons why people didn’t speak out at the time is the same, this isn’t a good look for you

near ipswich

Hold on, the victims of Harvey Weinstein were not 13, why did they not speak up? barry bennel and fred talbot,s victims were though and as i said you equate these kids being sexually abused to an elite sportsMAN get called names? you have lost all credibility with me.

Sexual assault is horrific, racist abuse is horrific, why are you trying to downplay racism because it’s not as bad as sexual assault? The reasons why people didn’t speak out at the time is the same, this isn’t a good look for you "

You try and paint me as you wish but i can actually see why a 13 y/o who has been sexually abused would not speak out as against a grown man who is being called names. You not understanding that is your problem.

Hold on, the victims of Harvey Weinstein were not 13, why did they not speak up? barry bennel and fred talbot,s victims were though and as i said you equate these kids being sexually abused to an elite sportsMAN get called names? you have lost all credibility with me.

Sexual assault is horrific, racist abuse is horrific, why are you trying to downplay racism because it’s not as bad as sexual assault? The reasons why people didn’t speak out at the time is the same, this isn’t a good look for you You try and paint me as you wish but i can actually see why a 13 y/o who has been sexually abused would not speak out as against a grown man who is being called names. You not understanding that is your problem."

Not all the sexual assault victims were 13, so why do you keep using that analogy? Why are you trying to downplay the racism he suffered and stating it’s ‘a grown man being called names’ , it’s not a good look

near ipswich

Sexual assault is horrific, racist abuse is horrific, why are you trying to downplay racism because it’s not as bad as sexual assault? The reasons why people didn’t speak out at the time is the same, this isn’t a good look for you You try and paint me as you wish but i can actually see why a 13 y/o who has been sexually abused would not speak out as against a grown man who is being called names. You not understanding that is your problem.

Not all the sexual assault victims were 13, so why do you keep using that analogy? Why are you trying to downplay the racism he suffered and stating it’s ‘a grown man being called names’ , it’s not a good look "

Im not downplaying it at all its you who was comparing it to child abusers which i guess you can see how stupid that made you look but in the end it was a grown man being called names thats what racial abuse is

Sexual assault is horrific, racist abuse is horrific, why are you trying to downplay racism because it’s not as bad as sexual assault? The reasons why people didn’t speak out at the time is the same, this isn’t a good look for you You try and paint me as you wish but i can actually see why a 13 y/o who has been sexually abused would not speak out as against a grown man who is being called names. You not understanding that is your problem.

Not all the sexual assault victims were 13, so why do you keep using that analogy? Why are you trying to downplay the racism he suffered and stating it’s ‘a grown man being called names’ , it’s not a good look Im not downplaying it at all its you who was comparing it to child abusers which i guess you can see how stupid that made you look but in the end it was a grown man being called names thats what racial abuse is "

Ah, so ‘a grown man being called names ‘ is ok? I compared it to the sexual assault victims who were quite rightly to scared and embarrassed to speak out at the time , why are you trying to diminish what he is now saying?

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

It’s seems rafiq has messages form 2011 being derogatory to Jews

Thornaby

"It’s seems rafiq has messages form 2011 being derogatory to Jews "

Which he has profusely apologized for.

"It’s seems rafiq has messages form 2011 being derogatory to Jews

"

If everybody implicated at Yorkshire cricket club apologised profusely, would that make it all ok?

If everybody implicated at Yorkshire cricket club apologised profusely, would that make it all ok? "

They have apologised, nope, it doesn’t make it ok, and what Rafiq said about Jews is really bad, if he was still a cricketer I would expect him to be punished

Thornaby

If everybody implicated at Yorkshire cricket club apologised profusely, would that make it all ok? "

If they were all 19 year old kids.

However, this a typical attempt to deflect from the issue, which in case you missed it, is the institutional racism in Yorkshire Cricket club.

Maldon

If everybody implicated at Yorkshire cricket club apologised profusely, would that make it all ok?

However, this a typical attempt to deflect from the issue, which in case you missed it, is the institutional racism in Yorkshire Cricket club.

"

Just what is ‘institutional racism’?

We like to throw the term around but what dies it mean?

Fabtastic - think for yourself, don’t just post a google search definition.

Thornaby

Fabtastic - think for yourself, don’t just post a google search definition."

Institutional racism, where an organisations culture is such that racism is tolerated and may be encouraged if an individual wants to be part of the group.

No I didn't Google it.

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

"

only because he’s been found out I don’t agree that he has publicly named people some have admitted it but some have denied it but mud sticks

Maldon

Institutional racism, where an organisations culture is such that racism is tolerated and may be encouraged if an individual wants to be part of the group.

No I didn't Google it."

And do you really think that this exists in any organisation in the UK in 2021?

Thornaby

No I didn't Google it.

And do you really think that this exists in any organisation in the UK in 2021? "

Yes, without a shadow of a doubt.

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

"It’s seems rafiq has messages form 2011 being derogatory to Jews "

Are you saying the guy that was racially abused has himself abused others? Both are abhorrent. What on earth has been happening at that place

By *aughtycouple10069Couple  over a year ago

Nottingham

No I didn't Google it."

You've just tolerated it from a 19 year old lol soooo many hypocrites, act one way say another

A Racist complaining about Racism. Isnt that just Karma?

By *ugehandsMan  over a year ago

Fife/ Newcastle

Are we talking about the same Rafiq who is having to apologise for his anti-semitic comment he made a few years ago?

Thornaby

Oh classic

Blame the victim.

By *ichiebigMan  over a year ago

nenagh

Cricket so typically English, all the values of the empire, stnd up stand up and play the game, and all that bull***te,

What else could they be but institutional racist,

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

"Oh classic

Blame the victim."

which victim? the Asian one or the Jewish one? But when you've been a thief its a bit rich complaining that you've been robbed!

I know you'll struggle with that, no one has been robbed you'll say, best stick to monitoring spell check

Notts

"Cricket so typically English, all the values of the empire, stnd up stand up and play the game, and all that bull***te,

What else could they be but institutional racist, "

You don't play cricket then

By *ugehandsMan  over a year ago

Fife/ Newcastle

"Oh classic

Blame the victim."

I'm not looking to apportion blame on anyone,but those with glass houses should not throw stones.

Thornaby

"Cricket so typically English, all the values of the empire, stnd up stand up and play the game, and all that bull***te,

What else could they be but institutional racist,

You don't play cricket then "

Trite

By *ichiebigMan  over a year ago

nenagh

What does that jibberish

"Trite" mean

Fabtastic - think for yourself, don’t just post a google search definition."

Ask the former Chairman of Yorkshire cricket club, he has stated that they are institutionally racist , basically it’s racism that is part of the culture of a workplace or community.

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

Some of what I have read in the newspaper over the last few days about Azeem Rafiq has been hard to believe but yes I believe him.The most upsetting part I read was as a 15 year old boy he was pinned down and forced to drink red wine as some sort of bonding game.How can that be right

Notts

Statistics show the president of America is normally the tallest candidate! Yep that's how institutionally heightest the world is, we think tall guys make better leaders lol

Azeem has shown he is no different by making comments on Jewish community. Does that make him racist or just stupid? I think the latter but I can't prove it!

Lots of people do stupid shit they shouldn't and act without thinking! And it's always against a minority, gay disabled race. . whatever....

Thornaby

"Oh classic

Blame the victim.

which victim? the Asian one or the Jewish one? But when you've been a thief its a bit rich complaining that you've been robbed!

I know you'll struggle with that, no one has been robbed you'll say, best stick to monitoring spell check "

Defending racism, not a good look

"Oh classic

Blame the victim.

I know you'll struggle with that, no one has been robbed you'll say, best stick to monitoring spell check

Defending racism, not a good look"

no they are not.

Stop looking to get offended ffs

Thornaby

"Oh classic

Blame the victim.

no they are not.

"

Yeah, of course.

"It's a bit rich to say you've been robbed"

So because you have made a crass error, you have no right to point out the multiple acts of racism you have gone through?

Notts

"Statistics show the president of America is normally the tallest candidate! Yep that's how institutionally heightest the world is, we think tall guys make better leaders lol

Azeem has shown he is no different by making comments on Jewish community. Does that make him racist or just stupid? I think the latter but I can't prove it!

Lots of people do stupid shit they shouldn't and act without thinking! And it's always against a minority, gay disabled race. . whatever.... "

and again just for ffs.....

Notts

"Oh classic

Blame the victim.

no they are not.

Yeah, of course.

So because you have made a crass error, you have no right to point out the multiple acts of racism you have gone through?"

he sent messages, not one message, so thats multiple incidents.... You are the one defending racism, you are saying its ok for one person to act in a certain way but not another the very definition of racism!

"Oh classic

Blame the victim.

no they are not.

Yeah, of course.

So because you have made a crass error, you have no right to point out the multiple acts of racism you have gone through?"

A crass error? So its racism if against an asian but just a crass error if its about jews? That's just what he has been caught for.

They are as bad as each other.

Glass houses than that.

Honestly I couldnt care less

But no, one case of racism in one club does not make cricket institutional racist either

That's like say all the NHS are murderous because of Harrold Shipman

"Oh classic

Blame the victim.

no they are not.

Yeah, of course.

So because you have made a crass error, you have no right to point out the multiple acts of racism you have gone through?

A crass error? So its racism if against an asian but just a crass error if its about jews? That's just what he has been caught for.

Glass houses than that.

But no, one case of racism in one club does not make cricket institutional racist either

That's like say all the NHS are murderous because of Harrold Shipman "

One case doesn’t, but unfortunately there are numerous cases at Yorkshire

By *utcock61Man  over a year ago

glasgow

people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.

Notts

"Oh classic

Blame the victim.

no they are not.

Yeah, of course.

Glass houses than that.

One case doesn’t, but unfortunately there are numerous cases at Yorkshire "

its wrong and wants sorting... not sure finger pointing helps as you can point it everywhere! Was out last week and an asian lad jumped out of a queue of people to tell me and a friend we would burn in hell.. but angry young men full of testosterone do daft shit! .... i wondered how many in the queue agreed with him and how many thought wanker

" people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones."
in this instance, it's good they did. Id rather have two cases brought to light than none.

I guess most people know when they are being hurt. But not everyone can see when they are hurting others. And hurt people hurt people. (not an excuse. An observation).

"Oh classic

Blame the victim.

no they are not.

Yeah, of course.

Glass houses than that.

its wrong and wants sorting... not sure finger pointing helps as you can point it everywhere! Was out last week and an asian lad jumped out of a queue of people to tell me and a friend we would burn in hell.. but angry young men full of testosterone do daft shit! .... i wondered how many in the queue agreed with him and how many thought wanker "

Strange behaviour, dickheads will be dickheads. I personally don’t think the whole of cricket is institutionally racist but Yorkshire does have a problem

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"Oh classic

Blame the victim.

no they are not.

Yeah, of course.

Glass houses than that.

its wrong and wants sorting... not sure finger pointing helps as you can point it everywhere! Was out last week and an asian lad jumped out of a queue of people to tell me and a friend we would burn in hell.. but angry young men full of testosterone do daft shit! .... i wondered how many in the queue agreed with him and how many thought wanker

Strange behaviour, dickheads will be dickheads. I personally don’t think the whole of cricket is institutionally racist but Yorkshire does have a problem "

Certainly seems to be a problem at that club. I do hope its isolated and in the past. Sport can bring people together from all backgrounds. It's very sad that a person who has experienced abuse is guilty of the same thing himself

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

No idea if its racist only know its a boring game

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"No idea if its racist only know its a boring game"

I get its not everyone's cup of tea but feel sport in general can be good at bringing people from different backgrounds together. To hear this guy was racially abused during his playing time is shocking and to hear he did the same to others is beggars belief

» Add a new message to this topic