FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Nolan principles

Nolan principles

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *or Fox Sake OP   Couple  over a year ago

Thornaby

These are the principles the government are meant to adhere to

1) selflessness, acting only in the public interest

2) integrity, avoid placing themselves under obligations that may want them to act inappropriately

3) objectivity, decisions must be impartial and fair

4) openess, decisions must be transparent and information available to the public

5) accountability, must be accountable to the public

6) honesty, holders of office must be truthful

7) leadership, holders of office must act in accordance with the principles and promote them

Now test the current government against the above.

Not good is it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"These are the principles the government are meant to adhere to

2) integrity, avoid placing themselves under obligations that may want them to act inappropriately

4) openess, decisions must be transparent and information available to the public

7) leadership, holders of office must act in accordance with the principles and promote them

Not good is it."

Not good at all, they fail at every single principle

6 out of 7 so not that bad

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

I’d say 0 your of 7

Thornaby

"I’d say 0 your of 7 "

Correct

Thornaby

"6 out of 7 so not that bad "

Are you serious in saying they pass 6

Love to hear the 6

"6 out of 7 so not that bad

Love to hear the 6"

not good on the first but rest ok but it says principles just like morals every as a different version of what they are

"6 out of 7 so not that bad

Love to hear the 6not good on the first but rest ok but it says principles just like morals every as a different version of what they are"

What are your versions of numbers 1 & 2

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

The Johnson government fails on every single criteria. There is nobody in the current cabinet that should even have been allowed to become a member of parliament. Every single one of them has openly broken the law and should be in jail now.

Test any Government with the above

Every single one throughout history fails in some way

Thornaby

"Test any Government with the above

Every single one throughout history fails in some way"

this bunch of clowns seem to be making it a mission

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

Every single one throughout history fails in some way"

Are people really so beaten down that the no longer even aspire to have honest politicians who serve the country instead of themselves?

Are people really so beaten down that the no longer even aspire to have honest politicians who serve the country instead of themselves? "

No I'm just a realist

It would be nice to have a perfect government

That ain't going to happen while we have Human Nature.

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

Are people really so beaten down that the no longer even aspire to have honest politicians who serve the country instead of themselves?

No I'm just a realist

"

Of course there will never be a "perfect government" but what's being said here, is that no-one in the present Cabinet gets close to ticking all those points off.

There have certainly been individuals previously who failed, but a whole Cabinet?

Thornaby

No I'm just a realist

Of course there will never be a "perfect government" but what's being said here, is that no-one in the present Cabinet gets close to ticking all those points off.

There have certainly been individuals previously who failed, but a whole Cabinet?"

Hurrah, at least we lead the world in something, even if it's incompetence.

No I'm just a realist

There have certainly been individuals previously who failed, but a whole Cabinet?

Hurrah, at least we lead the world in something, even if it's incompetence."

Well I think the US lead the way there tbh

thornaby

No I'm just a realist

Hurrah, at least we lead the world in something, even if it's incompetence."

why do you only ever post something negative do you actually like the U.K. ?

golden fields

No I'm just a realist

Well I think the US lead the way there tbh"

Shout for Brazil, they're having a good crack at being the most incompetent.

Thornaby

No I'm just a realist

Hurrah, at least we lead the world in something, even if it's incompetence.why do you only ever post something negative do you actually like the U.K. ?"

Love the place, that's why I fight to defend it from blaggards and scoundrels like BoZo Johnson

No I'm just a realist

Well I think the US lead the way there tbh

Shout for Brazil, they're having a good crack at being the most incompetent."

Possibly. So many choices.

thornaby

No I'm just a realist

Hurrah, at least we lead the world in something, even if it's incompetence.why do you only ever post something negative do you actually like the U.K. ?

Love the place, that's why I fight to defend it from blaggards and scoundrels like BoZo Johnson "

FIGHT how’s it going then ? I’d believe you loved the place if I’d even read one decent post about the U.K.

Thornaby

No I'm just a realist

Hurrah, at least we lead the world in something, even if it's incompetence.why do you only ever post something negative do you actually like the U.K. ?

Love the place, that's why I fight to defend it from blaggards and scoundrels like BoZo Johnson FIGHT how’s it going then ? I’d believe you loved the place if I’d even read one decent post about the U.K. "

It's going well, BoZo Johnson behind in the polls, his constant lies being exposed, his constant U turns clearly visible.

The issue may be that you think that unless you support him and his ilk, you are not behind the country. Last I checked, he isn't the country.

No I'm just a realist

Love the place, that's why I fight to defend it from blaggards and scoundrels like BoZo Johnson FIGHT how’s it going then ? I’d believe you loved the place if I’d even read one decent post about the U.K.

It's going well, BoZo Johnson behind in the polls, his constant lies being exposed, his constant U turns clearly visible.

The issue may be that you think that unless you support him and his ilk, you are not behind the country. Last I checked, he isn't the country."

You still trust polls?

Thornaby

No I'm just a realist

Love the place, that's why I fight to defend it from blaggards and scoundrels like BoZo Johnson FIGHT how’s it going then ? I’d believe you loved the place if I’d even read one decent post about the U.K.

The issue may be that you think that unless you support him and his ilk, you are not behind the country. Last I checked, he isn't the country.

You still trust polls? "

Yes

You just have to understand the methodology, sample size etc etc

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

No I'm just a realist

Love the place, that's why I fight to defend it from blaggards and scoundrels like BoZo Johnson FIGHT how’s it going then ? I’d believe you loved the place if I’d even read one decent post about the U.K. "

You don't fight for the country by saying licky arse things about corrupt politicians. You fight for the country by shouting about what is wrong with it, by demanding that things be put right. When you love the country, and it is broken by criminals that have got into the government, you tell the people what is wrong. It is the people who hate the United Kingdom that kiss up to corruption, that loudly declare that nothing is wrong, that close down the whistleblowers, that say "I'm okay, I don't care about any other fucker".

With the current government and the crisis they have brought to this country, anybody that refuses to acknowledge the problems is part of the problems.

thornaby

No I'm just a realist

The issue may be that you think that unless you support him and his ilk, you are not behind the country. Last I checked, he isn't the country."

so what do you do in this fight you’ve lost me ? I don’t support him voted tory last election to get brexit out the way now that’s done he can do one the issue is that not just you the cult never ever post anything positive about the U.K. even threads about our history it’s always the negatives you would think the U.K. is the worst place to live on the planet and not one of the best

thornaby

No I'm just a realist

You still trust polls?

Yes

You just have to understand the methodology, sample size etc etc"

did you predict brexit trump and the last GE by understanding the polls then ?

No I'm just a realist

You don't fight for the country by saying licky arse things about corrupt politicians. You fight for the country by shouting about what is wrong with it, by demanding that things be put right. When you love the country, and it is broken by criminals that have got into the government, you tell the people what is wrong. It is the people who hate the United Kingdom that kiss up to corruption, that loudly declare that nothing is wrong, that close down the whistleblowers, that say "I'm okay, I don't care about any other fucker".

With the current government and the crisis they have brought to this country, anybody that refuses to acknowledge the problems is part of the problems."

thornaby

No I'm just a realist

With the current government and the crisis they have brought to this country, anybody that refuses to acknowledge the problems is part of the problems."

so has the government lheard your shouts and demands then did they do what you demanded? When you say by telling the people do they already not know and do you think they will listen to you ?

Thornaby

No I'm just a realist

The issue may be that you think that unless you support him and his ilk, you are not behind the country. Last I checked, he isn't the country. so what do you do in this fight you’ve lost me ? I don’t support him voted tory last election to get brexit out the way now that’s done he can do one the issue is that not just you the cult never ever post anything positive about the U.K. even threads about our history it’s always the negatives you would think the U.K. is the worst place to live on the planet and not one of the best "

Slight problem with that theory, brexit isn't out the way.

If it was out the way he wouldn't be trying to change the terms we agreed and he signed up to, we wouldn't be trying to negotiate trade deals still, we'd be on the sunlit uplands.

Instead we have a government that is a kleptocracy, that's shunned by other countries.

When BoZo Johnson does something good, I'll applaud it.

He did actually do something good, but it was way back when he was mayor of London.

No I'm just a realist

The issue may be that you think that unless you support him and his ilk, you are not behind the country. Last I checked, he isn't the country. so what do you do in this fight you’ve lost me ? I don’t support him voted tory last election to get brexit out the way now that’s done he can do one the issue is that not just you the cult never ever post anything positive about the U.K. even threads about our history it’s always the negatives you would think the U.K. is the worst place to live on the planet and not one of the best

If it was out the way he wouldn't be trying to change the terms we agreed and he signed up to, we wouldn't be trying to negotiate trade deals still, we'd be on the sunlit uplands.

Instead we have a government that is a kleptocracy, that's shunned by other countries.

He did actually do something good, but it was way back when he was mayor of London."

So you really think we have a government similar to say Angolas?

thornaby

No I'm just a realist

The issue may be that you think that unless you support him and his ilk, you are not behind the country. Last I checked, he isn't the country. so what do you do in this fight you’ve lost me ? I don’t support him voted tory last election to get brexit out the way now that’s done he can do one the issue is that not just you the cult never ever post anything positive about the U.K. even threads about our history it’s always the negatives you would think the U.K. is the worst place to live on the planet and not one of the best

He did actually do something good, but it was way back when he was mayor of London."

we ARE out of the eu sorry if you think we arnt but we are we will always be talking to the eu about something or other and doing deals I didn’t mention bj I said the U.K. he’s only pm not the U.K. and what countries have shunned the U.K. ?

Thornaby

No I'm just a realist

He did actually do something good, but it was way back when he was mayor of London.we ARE out of the eu sorry if you think we arnt but we are we will always be talking to the eu about something or other and doing deals I didn’t mention bj I said the U.K. he’s only pm not the U.K. and what countries have shunned the U.K. ?"

In no set order

USA

France

Germany

Based on trade deal arrangement

Australia

Japan

But to be fair we got a cracking deal with the Palestinian authority

thornaby

No I'm just a realist

He did actually do something good, but it was way back when he was mayor of London.we ARE out of the eu sorry if you think we arnt but we are we will always be talking to the eu about something or other and doing deals I didn’t mention bj I said the U.K. he’s only pm not the U.K. and what countries have shunned the U.K. ?

In no set order

USA

France

Germany

Australia

Japan

"

so these countries halve shine the U.K. and won’t be talking to them again then lmao how silly is that post fgs it’s getting worse on here they will be kicking us out of nato and blocking us going on our jollies there lol

Thornaby

No I'm just a realist

He did actually do something good, but it was way back when he was mayor of London.we ARE out of the eu sorry if you think we arnt but we are we will always be talking to the eu about something or other and doing deals I didn’t mention bj I said the U.K. he’s only pm not the U.K. and what countries have shunned the U.K. ?

In no set order

USA

France

Germany

Australia

Japan

so these countries halve shine the U.K. and won’t be talking to them again then lmao how silly is that post fgs it’s getting worse on here they will be kicking us out of nato and blocking us going on our jollies there lol"

I didn't say they would not talk to the UK, but they don't trust us, we break treaties.

thornaby

No I'm just a realist

In no set order

USA

France

Germany

Australia

Japan

so these countries halve shine the U.K. and won’t be talking to them again then lmao how silly is that post fgs it’s getting worse on here they will be kicking us out of nato and blocking us going on our jollies there lol

I didn't say they would not talk to the UK, but they don't trust us, we break treaties."

you said shunned what did you mean by that then ? So you are saying these countries won’t do a deal with us is that your prediction mine is they will

golden fields

No I'm just a realist

Completely agree. People who love this country don't stand for the shitty standards this current government is setting.

No I'm just a realist

With the current government and the crisis they have brought to this country, anybody that refuses to acknowledge the problems is part of the problems.

Completely agree. People who love this country don't stand for the shitty standards this current government is setting. "

The fetlock tuggers will though

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"These are the principles the government are meant to adhere to

Not good is it."

Well, to be fair, government and principles are incompatible.

Certainly, our current government has proven itself - literally - catastrophically incapable, to the tune of well over 100,000 deaths.

That said, the Chinese government are actively engaged in a genocide - and they're not hampered by idiocy and ineptitude. Nor by any shred of principle.

Sadly, hardly any of the World's leading governments - nor most of the others - have shown any interest in improving things by adhering to principles.

Which is, unfortunately, the way all too many of them want it, even the democracies; patricularly the UK and USA.

» Add a new message to this topic