FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > The French

The French

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

The French are up to their old tricks. The English are being banned from travelling there from Saturday but the French are allowed to and fro. Is this a racist policy and if so is it just the start.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Wasn’t aware the French were a “race”…

By *PDVMan  over a year ago

Nottingham City Centre

Has it got something to do with Omicron spreading faster in the UK? Can you give some context please?

Yawn political something something lie slogan catchphrase.

By *PDVMan  over a year ago

Nottingham City Centre

I bet this guy works for LBC

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Yes and as soon as the uk do the same thing it’s wrong

Bristol

"I bet this guy works for LBC "

Well they have banned all but essential travel

"The French are up to their old tricks. The English are being banned from travelling there from Saturday but the French are allowed to and fro. Is this a racist policy and if so is it just the start. "

Hmmm, if only we were in some form of political union where we all abided by the same rules...Maybe one in which we set common policy for things like travel and so on.

No it's not racist. That's dumb.

Is it the start? Of what? I think we already had the start (Thanks Farage), now we are the "reaping" phase

"The French are up to their old tricks. The English are being banned from travelling there from Saturday but the French are allowed to and fro. Is this a racist policy and if so is it just the start. "

Yes it's racist. They hate the Brits.

More countries will ban us travelling soon too.

Bristol

"The French are up to their old tricks. The English are being banned from travelling there from Saturday but the French are allowed to and fro. Is this a racist policy and if so is it just the start.

Hmmm, if only we were in some form of political union where we all abided by the same rules...Maybe one in which we set common policy for things like travel and so on.

Is it the start? Of what? I think we already had the start (Thanks Farage), now we are the "reaping" phase"

Do you really think that if the uk was still in the Union that they would not have dienthe same thing ?

"Wasn’t aware the French were a “race”…

"

I'd like for Tom to be zen.

Bristol

"The French are up to their old tricks. The English are being banned from travelling there from Saturday but the French are allowed to and fro. Is this a racist policy and if so is it just the start.

More countries will ban us travelling soon too. "

But to be fair we have banned other countries and out them on red lists ect

I went to France on a school trip. I remember a lady laughing at us school kids trying to speak French. In the nicest way.

Quite a lovely memory really. She told us where to find a baguette and where the station was too

By *odgerMooreMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

I wonder if they’d have banned us if it was 1944 when they were under the bootheel of Gerry German… Cheese eating surrender monkeys…. There were no white bedsheets available in 1940 because the French had made flags out of them ….

Give us back our fish!!!

No travel- No fish - you decide Pierre!!!

I have to go now - nurse has arrived with the custard creams…..

By *iman2100Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I wonder if they’d have banned us if it was 1944 when they were under the bootheel of Gerry German… Cheese eating surrender monkeys…. There were no white bedsheets available in 1940 because the French had made flags out of them ….

Give us back our fish!!!

No travel- No fish - you decide Pierre!!!

I have to go now - nurse has arrived with the custard creams….."

More countries will ban us travelling soon too.

But to be fair we have banned other countries and out them on red lists ect "

That must be a racist policy too.

They put their hotdog buns on metal spikes to warm them too.

"They put their hotdog buns on metal spikes to warm them too. "

To be fair, I've seen that on a caravan park in North Wales.

"They put their hotdog buns on metal spikes to warm them too.

To be fair, I've seen that on a caravan park in North Wales."

Tidy!

*correction*

"From Saturday, people arriving from the UK will have to have a negative Covid test within less than 24 hours"

Tbf i think this should be mandatory with any travelling to and from the uk.

If I can’t get a case of Côtes Du Rhône for our family Yuletide chateaubriand gathering, Christmas is ruined!!

Damn you farage!!

Glasgow

As an example of French arrogance consider this. After France had been liberated by the allies in WW2, Charles de Gaulle the French President, tried to leave NATO.

It is reported that in a conversation with the US President LB Johnson he demanded all American service personnel should be removed from French soil.

"Does that include," Johnson is said to have replied, "those buried in it?"

The French are our natural enemy. Is anyone surprised there is friction between us?

By *odgerMooreMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

Post custard cream rant pt2

And while Im at it… go and get your own words for a Weekend, Jeans and a host of others you stole from the English !!!

If you can’t have your own words for things you’re not even a proper country!!

Apologies to those who experience’ Déja vu‘ with this post!! Ohhhhh bugger!!!

Let's ban french cars.....not because they are french but just that they are crap!

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Not racist

By *egoMan  over a year ago

Preston

Is it the start? Of what? I think we already had the start (Thanks Farage), now we are the "reaping" phase"

Absolutly, that man should be tried for treason for why he did. Spouting lies, angering the ignorant mobs and ultimately put us at a disadvantage in so many ways. All in the name of sovereignty, that we already had.

Now we are just little englanders in a mighty big pond.

Glasgow

Is it the start? Of what? I think we already had the start (Thanks Farage), now we are the "reaping" phase

Absolutly, that man should be tried for treason for why he did. Spouting lies, angering the ignorant mobs and ultimately put us at a disadvantage in so many ways. All in the name of sovereignty, that we already had.

Now we are just little englanders in a mighty big pond. "

I am positive that those who voted to "Take back control!!" are absolutely thrilled with their new freedom and control with Bojo at the helm.

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

usual unthinking nonsense beloved of the none thinking

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Um…. When the uk put the 11 countries on the red list…. Wasn’t that the uk doing the same thing you are accusing the french of doing!

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

It's not racist as its not done by the UK. Anyway it seems all linked to the latest covid problems and trying to slow the spread. Not sure why the EU is mentioned in this thread unless they think if your in the EU you would not be able to do what the French are doing

Why is it racist Tom?

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

Lolz.

This is some excellent comedy. This forum has some of the weirdest shit on it. Haha.

Where do people get this kind of nonsense from! Lol

There should be more.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

There is more that unites than divides us. I love France and the French. Especially that 34 year old personal fitness trainer with a body like Kylie that I met in a Paris bar a few years back. That has not influenced my opinion by the way.

By *mateur100Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

Andrew Neil wrote an excellent piece last week highlighting the many ways we co-operate and are heavily reliant upon each other and the sheer folly of the public spats that continue to cause unnecessary tension.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"

The French are our natural enemy. Is anyone surprised there is friction between us? "

Absolute tripe.

We have more in common with the French than almost any other nation on earth. Not least because we almost all have French genes that were createdsomeplace in the dark and distant past.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

The French and Germans are getting very similar figures right now. And everything another country does isn't 'AGAINST the Brits'.

And No the French don't hate the Brits or anyone else for that matter - Half French here with Family still living there (and Germany) and talking almost every day of the year.

The real problem is that some people allow themselves to have a very unhealthy victim complex. You know the kind, they catch somebodies eye across a large room and immediately lead with, 'are they talking about me?. Sort that out as a serious personalty flaw, and you will be better than half-way to removing your notion of British Geocentrism and living from within a wider perspective of awareness and consideration.

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

We need to leave the EU to be able to close our borders.

France, still in EU, closes borders

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"We need to leave the EU to be able to close our borders.

France, still in EU, closes borders "

Good point, although we always maintained borders as we weren’t in Schengen.

golden fields

"

And No the French don't hate the Brits or anyone else for that matter - Half French here with Family still living there (and Germany) and talking almost every day of the year.

The real problem is that some people allow themselves to have a very unhealthy victim complex. You know the kind, they catch somebodies eye across a large room and immediately lead with, 'are they talking about me?. Sort that out as a serious personalty flaw, and you will be better than half-way to removing your notion of British Geocentrism and living from within a wider perspective of awareness and consideration.

"

None of my French friends hate the brits.

I'm sure there's the odd bonehead. Just like everywhere. But most people I've ever met in France have been amazing humans.

Love visiting whenever I've had the chance.

Chelmsford

And should we retaliate and stop those French onion sellers coming over on their bicycles ?

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

Nothing racist about borders, it's their border and they can do as they like, just like we and any other nation can do.

Some borders exist within the EU for serious reasons, don't see any objection to them.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"And should we retaliate and stop those French onion sellers coming over on their bicycles ?"

But the uk did it to all the countries on the then red list… what is the difference?

Chelmsford

These buggers eat the legs off frogs and they actually eat snails... What does that tell you ?

Chelmsford

"And should we retaliate and stop those French onion sellers coming over on their bicycles ?

But the uk did it to all the countries on the then red list… what is the difference?"

When Trumpy did it he was called racist. When Macron does it he is called a European ..

That bugger is courting public opinion to win an election..

By *mateur100Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

Possibly a bit off piste but if UK fishermen decided to blockade french ports, how would that be received?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"And should we retaliate and stop those French onion sellers coming over on their bicycles ?

But the uk did it to all the countries on the then red list… what is the difference?

When Trumpy did it he was called racist. When Macron does it he is called a European ..

"

That is not answering the question… 2 weeks ago the uk stopped people from 10 countries from entering the uk….

Now the french are doing the same thing to the uk…

What’s the difference…. Was it okay when the uk did it?

Chelmsford

Some of you will be too you young to remember the Battle of Agincourt.. we stuck two fingers up to the French and they never ever forgave us

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Some of you will be too you young to remember the Battle of Agincourt.. we stuck two fingers up to the French and they never ever forgave us "

So it’s okay for the uk to do it to the likes of South Africa ect….. yes or no Tom?

Chelmsford

That is not answering the question… 2 weeks ago the uk stopped people from 10 countries from entering the uk….

What’s the difference…. Was it okay when the uk did it?"

Fabio. I respect you and like you. I respect your opinion on all things USA

We had a 100 year war against the French . Everyone knows a nice Frenchman. Charles Aznavour was an example.. but when the English go there they deliberately serve us raw minced beef and raw egg .

They actually butcher frogs to eat their legs and they constantly eat garlic...

Enough said

Newcastle and Gateshead

Please don’t patronise me Tom… I am asking you a simple question…

When the uk closed there borders for people travelling from the 10 Southern African countries… that was “okay” ….. but the french closing the borders to people from the uk is not…

What is the difference??

Chelmsford

"Please don’t patronise me Tom… I am asking you a simple question…

When the uk closed there borders for people travelling from the 10 Southern African countries… that was “okay” ….. but the french closing the borders to people from the uk is not…

What is the difference??"

They are letting the French through but not the English. Not intending to patronise you

and won't engage further with you. Be well and be safe.

golden fields

"These buggers eat the legs off frogs and they actually eat snails... What does that tell you ?"

Tells me that you judge an entire nation of people based on how you perceive their diet.

Chelmsford

Is this racism.?

"Please don’t patronise me Tom… I am asking you a simple question…

What is the difference??"

Both the UK and France are in the top 10 list of the world's best healthcare. Of those 10 countries, the highest is south Africa at number 87. The others are round about the 130's/140's. That's a significant difference.

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

The inglush in reference to the british isles...lol and he says the french are narrow minded lololol...stupid says as stupid does

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

No. It's not racist. In the same way that you're not intelligent enough to realise it's not racist.

"Some of you will be too you young to remember the Battle of Agincourt.. we stuck two fingers up to the French and they never ever forgave us "

I am amazed to learn that some people are still alive who were at the battle of Agincourt.

Just shows how pulling those long bows is good for the heart and lungs.

Extraordinary.

..and to think I had previously thought it was only Spitfire pilots that fought in the war and saved the French singlehandedly that were on here to keep us right and bang on about how much the French owe the English for what they did.

Those that were there during Agincourt will really push up the average age of those taking part on these forums...

golden fields

"Is this racism.?"

It depends if you classify xenophobia as racism, or not.

Your comments were deeply ignorant, but I wouldn't call it racism.

There is some quite astonishing commentary here. 21st Century and all that!

Dear oh Dear.

"Is this racism.?

It depends if you classify xenophobia as racism, or not.

Your comments were deeply ignorant, but I wouldn't call it racism."

Ignorance and confusion,

By *esusWeptMan  over a year ago

Rising Son, God's own County

Outrageous! I shall write to my triple-job Tory MP who has a second home in France to demand that he implores Priti Patel to post him an inflatable rubber dinghy to sail back on after the New Year and greet him on the beach at Dover in person.

Can I suggest those who want to get to France over Xmas use a dinghy ?

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"

Exactly

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"Is this racism.?"

I think your post is designed to try and make it about that when it clearly isn’t.

By *coptoCouple  over a year ago

Côte d'Azur & Great Yarmouth

“The English are being banned from travelling there from Saturday but the French are allowed to and fro”

These travel rules are applicable to ALL persons coming to and from these countries, irrespective of whether they’re English, French or Martian. So hardly racist!

Admittedly a shite-show, it’s now costing me more in pre-departure and day-two testing - payable IN ADVANCE for the UK ones, just to make sure that Testings’r’Us etc. get their cash - than the flights themselves. Not so much a racist policy (although tit-for-tat squabbling is evident) or even an anti-COVID measure, more a money-making scam. I wonder just how many pharma companies will have Johnson, Macron et al on their Boards of Directors when it’s all over?

Chelmsford

There is something going on here .

Mark my words

Load of Bollox & Crap?

golden fields

"There is something going on here .

Mark my words "

You're right, there's a pandemic going on. It's not exactly a huge secret, it's been on the news.

golden fields

"I bet this guy works for LBC

Load of Bollox & Crap? "

Lol. I'm stealing this.

Yes despite Welsh archers being the decisive factor in that ‘English’ victory, the French have little quarrel with Wales as the great rugby fraternity can attest.

Chelmsford

This is bubbling like a slow cooker ...

golden fields

"This is bubbling like a slow cooker ... "

Too much spicy food maybe? Take some pepto bismol and wait for it to pass.

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

"

We've not moved on since tudor times really...

Chelmsford

Can they be trusted ?

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

"Is this racism.?"

It's Frogism

Glasgow

What’s the difference…. Was it okay when the uk did it?

Fabio. I respect you and like you. I respect your opinion on all things USA

We had a 100 year war against the French . Everyone knows a nice Frenchman. Charles Aznavour was an example.. but when the English go there they deliberately serve us raw minced beef and raw egg .

They actually butcher frogs to eat their legs and they constantly eat garlic...

Enough said "

Minor Correction - Charles Azanavour was Armenian born in France so took French nationality. He did however write some brilliant songs and could put true emotion into singing even a laundry list!

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 18/12/21 06:51:18]

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

I think it was George S Patton who said:

"I'd sooner have 100 Germans in front of me than one Frenchman behind me".

Distrust of the French isn't new.

"I think it was George S Patton who said:

Distrust of the French isn't new."

I can’t post the link as some with anelevated station who are certainly not Rockers may have a cause for concern.

Hovever a site which validates and meticulously documents quotations states:

“I'd rather have a German division in front of me, than a French one behind.”

Misattributed by former Defense Secretary James Schlesinger on Fox News. Patton commanded French troops, the 2nd Armored Division commanded by Philippe Leclerc, integrated in the Third Army, and had rocky but friendly relations with the French general. For instance, on August, 15 1944 Patton wrote in his diary: "Leclerc came in very much excited. He said, among other things, that if he were not allowed to advance on Paris, he would resign. I told him in my best French that he was a baby and said I had left him in the most dangerous place on the front. We parted friends"

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

this thread is maligning whole nations! however.... if the french can only hunt frogs and snails for food, they are not going to make great hunter warriors! where the british hunted rabbit a much more fearsome prey

The Dutch go into full lockdown for at least two weeks...

I wonder how many other European countries will follow - obviously not those that celebrated "Freedom Day".

Germany is to ban British tourists and business travellers from entering the country from tonight

The reality is that this virus is already in mainland Europe but these measures will (hopefully) give the health services more time to prepare and the opportunity for more people to get the vaccine (whether initial, 2nd or booster - they all help).

Vaccine rollout across France and Germany is akin to that of the UK so it is just a race against time with the focus to protect as many people as possible before the inevitable happens.

Anything that delays the spread of the virus, when by a few days, will likely save lives.

Perhaps this thread started to bash the French but the reality is, as always, that lives are at stake.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"Germany is to ban British tourists and business travellers from entering the country from tonight"

The UK, along with Denmark, France, Norway and Lebanon.

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

This is not true.

People can not travel from France to the UK without an essential reason.

Ie. somebody closely related who is ill or has died, medical evidence must be presented.

We have had to cancel our Christmas holiday from France to the UK for this reason.

(French govt. website)

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

Seeing as you all are maligning whole nations,long before there was patton there was the term "perfidious albion", that goes back centuries and basically means england is not to be trusted in terms of international relations or international deals.

It might go back centuries but it holds true still today as we see with bojo and co.

Uk is in no place to be talking about distrusting other nations

Other nations dont trust uk or its word.

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

Uk is totally out of step with rest of europe on covid so this is why travel is restricted.

Virus is running rampant there.

People not wearing masks mostly and why would they when they can see PM going maskless even in hospitals.on top of all his other covid mismanagement this lastt couple of years

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

More about slowing the spread and saving lives. It comes at a very high cost to France financially to prevent people from the UK visiting. It was on the news last night, the French winter resorts are usually mostly occupied by brits but now more like ghost towns with people losing their jobs.

By *ack4NinaCouple  over a year ago

Carmarthen

So, by your reckoning the English are banned but The Welsh, Scots and Northern Irish are not? I think the one with issue here is you in the way you refer to the English and not the British.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Seeing as you all are maligning whole nations,long before there was patton there was the term "perfidious albion", that goes back centuries and basically means england is not to be trusted in terms of international relations or international deals.

It might go back centuries but it holds true still today as we see with bojo and co.

Uk is in no place to be talking about distrusting other nations

Other nations dont trust uk or its word.

"

Oh yes "Perfidious Albion" That one has popped up quite a few times.

Many like to quote it but very few know its origins.

It first appeared in a 1795 poem (some would say anti English diatribe) by Augustin Louis de Ximenes.

The date is important as it was slap bang in the middle of the French revolution and pretty much at the height of "The Terror" the name given to the mass murder of French aristocrats (among many others) which Ximenes supported.

The British did not support the French revolution and were called many things at the time, I suppose being called a few names was better than having your head looped off. As many in France did.

Since then it has been used by many from Napoleon to the Kaiser as a term to insult Britain when at war.

If standing up to those two is perfidious then I will take the compliment.

By *ack4NinaCouple  over a year ago

Carmarthen

"The French and Germans are getting very similar figures right now. And everything another country does isn't 'AGAINST the Brits'.

"

This 100% . Similar here Cat with being a 2nd generation Italian and noticed what you point out many times throughout my life. Sad really that some ppl are like that. But, takes all sorts !

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

it's always been crystal clear that the emglish hate everyone, but mostly hate themselves though.

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

Not sure if that’s crystal clear, the French respect many English values and achievements despite a contempt for the present govt.

They do however like very much the Welsh, Scottish and particularly the Irish peoples.

"it's always been crystal clear that the emglish hate everyone, but mostly hate themselves though. "

Crystal clear to a tiny few.

"The French and Germans are getting very similar figures right now. And everything another country does isn't 'AGAINST the Brits'.

This 100% . Similar here Cat with being a 2nd generation Italian and noticed what you point out many times throughout my life. Sad really that some ppl are like that. But, takes all sorts ! "

Agreed. Some people allow themselves to see through very small glasses - think with very narrow minds - learn through little experience. And talk with very loud mouths.

the vocal minority of the fab far righty squad have woken up then

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

You think? Really?

Maybe he did but it seems unlikely, since he was well known for being a Francophile - and he didn't trust Montgomery, who despite his French surname, was English.

How do some people allow themselves to live in a World where a few people of fame have a particular slant on something - then quote it ad-infinitum as proof of the 'cause'.

It's shocking in its tiny ness.

You think? Really?

Maybe he did but it seems unlikely, since he was well known for being a Francophile - and he didn't trust Montgomery, who despite his French surname, was English."

History does record that he said that. But what history seldom repeats is that he was also a Racist and anti-Semite.

And even if he did say it, so what.

People quote Facebook Karens all the time. It must then and obviously be true.

karen has spoken

Chelmsford

Why oh why

You think? Really?

Maybe he did but it seems unlikely, since he was well known for being a Francophile - and he didn't trust Montgomery, who despite his French surname, was English.

History does record that he said that. But what history seldom repeats is that he was also a Racist and anti-Semite.

And even if he did say it, so what.

People quote Facebook Karens all the time. It must then and obviously be true.

"

» Add a new message to this topic