FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Teesport - again

Teesport - again

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *or Fox Sake OP   Couple  over a year ago

Thornaby

Greetings foxychic

Are you keeping an eye on the wind turbine project down there?

Things are getting "interesting"

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"Greetings foxychic

Are you keeping an eye on the wind turbine project down there?

Things are getting "interesting""

no sorry not heard what’s happening ?

thornaby

Just read up on it there’s a delay in it that’s all really it happens with large projects I’d of thought

Thornaby

"Just read up on it there’s a delay in it that’s all really it happens with large projects I’d of thought "

No that is not what happens on large projects. They are planned to within an inch of their lives, contingency is built in, risks are managed and mitigated.

The whole thing was a triumph of PR over business.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Just read up on it there’s a delay in it that’s all really it happens with large projects I’d of thought

No that is not what happens on large projects. They are planned to within an inch of their lives, contingency is built in, risks are managed and mitigated.

The whole thing was a triumph of PR over business.just remind us how tight the hs2 is going with in a inch or two.

"

thornaby

"Just read up on it there’s a delay in it that’s all really it happens with large projects I’d of thought

"

I thought you would be over the moon that there’s a problem you been a good boro lad ffs there’s a problem with the legal side it’s for lawyers to sort out GE are a global giant so I’d imagine them been able to sort it

By *xhib12Man  over a year ago

Blyth

"

Not all projects run to plan, no matter how much prior planning takes place. Last large project I was involved with took three years longer than planned and came in more than double over budget.

thornaby

Not all projects run to plan, no matter how much prior planning takes place. Last large project I was involved with took three years longer than planned and came in more than double over budget."

exactly I don’t think he’s heard of HS2 either lol

Thornaby

I thought you would be over the moon that there’s a problem you been a good boro lad ffs there’s a problem with the legal side it’s for lawyers to sort out GE are a global giant so I’d imagine them been able to sort it "

The problem is they can't get orders.

I want the best for my area, that means investigation of everything said by the bunch of conmen in government and their local lackies. Not swallowing the bullshit they pump out.

thornaby

I thought you would be over the moon that there’s a problem you been a good boro lad ffs there’s a problem with the legal side it’s for lawyers to sort out GE are a global giant so I’d imagine them been able to sort it

I want the best for my area, that means investigation of everything said by the bunch of conmen in government and their local lackies. Not swallowing the bullshit they pump out.

"

you don’t want the best at all that’s why you started this post gloating over a delay and that’s all it is a delay according to you that doesn’t happen with large projects lol I think it’s sad that you feel this way about Teesside it’s not about the government it’s a project for GE

Thornaby

you don’t want the best at all that’s why you started this post gloating over a delay and that’s all it is a delay according to you that doesn’t happen with large projects lol I think it’s sad that you feel this way about Teesside it’s not about the government it’s a project for GE "

Right, I was not gloating. Re-read the original mail.

The orders didn't materialize. The next opportunity to tender is 2023.

This project was a central plank in the Freeport. That's a central government initiative.

What is genuinely sad is that believe the nonsense spouted by the government. Do you ever, even just for a moment, think "really, what's happening beneath the surface?"

thornaby

you don’t want the best at all that’s why you started this post gloating over a delay and that’s all it is a delay according to you that doesn’t happen with large projects lol I think it’s sad that you feel this way about Teesside it’s not about the government it’s a project for GE

This project was a central plank in the Freeport. That's a central government initiative.

What is genuinely sad is that believe the nonsense spouted by the government. Do you ever, even just for a moment, think "really, what's happening beneath the surface?""

come in then expert in big business what is beneath the surface and how is it about the government are you now saying this factory won’t be built and a global giant like GE will walk away after all there planning amd time and money why do you not want projects like this it would creat 750 new jobs and 1500 in the supply chain are you that sad that your gloating just to say fuck you boris

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

Not all projects run to plan, no matter how much prior planning takes place. Last large project I was involved with took three years longer than planned and came in more than double over budget."

Very true, I would easily say more than 50% of the large projects that my company has been involved in have ran over planned timetable s and costs almost always increases over the original figures that are quoted for a project. Its just called "shit happens"

Thornaby

What is genuinely sad is that believe the nonsense spouted by the government. Do you ever, even just for a moment, think "really, what's happening beneath the surface?" come in then expert in big business what is beneath the surface and how is it about the government are you now saying this factory won’t be built and a global giant like GE will walk away after all there planning amd time and money why do you not want projects like this it would creat 750 new jobs and 1500 in the supply chain are you that sad that your gloating just to say fuck you boris "

What's beneath the surface is throwing crumbs at an area in a desperate attempt to hold on to seats.

They could not give a shit about teesside or its people.

I am saying that it is very unlikely to be built until they have firm orders. They don't have firm orders. They didn't have firm orders when it was announced.

Can you think of an economic promise they've delivered on, or say a new hospital they've delivered, maybe they haven't raised taxes?

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

What is genuinely sad is that believe the nonsense spouted by the government. Do you ever, even just for a moment, think "really, what's happening beneath the surface?" come in then expert in big business what is beneath the surface and how is it about the government are you now saying this factory won’t be built and a global giant like GE will walk away after all there planning amd time and money why do you not want projects like this it would creat 750 new jobs and 1500 in the supply chain are you that sad that your gloating just to say fuck you boris

What's beneath the surface is throwing crumbs at an area in a desperate attempt to hold on to seats.

I am saying that it is very unlikely to be built until they have firm orders. They don't have firm orders. They didn't have firm orders when it was announced.

Can you think of an economic promise they've delivered on, or say a new hospital they've delivered, maybe they haven't raised taxes?"

The BBC report the delay is with the lease agreement and design of the factory. Construction is due to start early in the new year. Apparently they have contracts for their products which are agreed on the basis they are produced at this Teesside facility.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Not all projects run to plan, no matter how much prior planning takes place. Last large project I was involved with took three years longer than planned and came in more than double over budget.exactly I don’t think he’s heard of HS2 either lol"

add crossrail to that 3yrs late and still no date of when its gona be finished and massivley over budget

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not all projects run to plan, no matter how much prior planning takes place. Last large project I was involved with took three years longer than planned and came in more than double over budget.

Very true, I would easily say more than 50% of the large projects that my company has been involved in have ran over planned timetable s and costs almost always increases over the original figures that are quoted for a project. Its just called "shit happens" "

Actually jf the project is well spec’d, properly contracted and managed then it is called “contract change control” - assumptions prove false, risks materialise and scope can change. Sure some contracts are bullshit and pipe dreams but also things happen as you say. The world changes over the lifetime of a large project and those involved have to adapt.

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

Very true, I would easily say more than 50% of the large projects that my company has been involved in have ran over planned timetable s and costs almost always increases over the original figures that are quoted for a project. Its just called "shit happens"

Actually jf the project is well spec’d, properly contracted and managed then it is called “contract change control” - assumptions prove false, risks materialise and scope can change. Sure some contracts are bullshit and pipe dreams but also things happen as you say. The world changes over the lifetime of a large project and those involved have to adapt. "

yeah I know its not really called "shit happens", but its a saying that fits rather well with large complex contracts from my experience, as you say things change and the consequence being delays and increased cost to the project.

thornaby

What is genuinely sad is that believe the nonsense spouted by the government. Do you ever, even just for a moment, think "really, what's happening beneath the surface?" come in then expert in big business what is beneath the surface and how is it about the government are you now saying this factory won’t be built and a global giant like GE will walk away after all there planning amd time and money why do you not want projects like this it would creat 750 new jobs and 1500 in the supply chain are you that sad that your gloating just to say fuck you boris

Can you think of an economic promise they've delivered on, or say a new hospital they've delivered, maybe they haven't raised taxes?

The BBC report the delay is with the lease agreement and design of the factory. Construction is due to start early in the new year. Apparently they have contracts for their products which are agreed on the basis they are produced at this Teesside facility."

that’s what I read aswell apparantly for fuck sake knows better tho because he’s an expert in everything he’s calling it crumbs it’s a massive investment in teesport from lots of company’s nothing to do with the government and welcomed by all apart from this guy from boro who clearly doesn’t want investment sad really

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

The rumour and it is only a rumour is that Siemens based in Hull have won a large chunk of the contracts on offer. The critical volume for the plant may be bring a re-think making sure the numbers still stack on the original build plan.

If they don’t then they may re-size the factory to suit.

Like I said it’s only a rumour without any concrete Announcements but GE will not sign something if it’s not backed off by work confirmed won.

The questions mentioned were about leasing of the factory which to be honest could verify the stall in progress if volumes are under question.

I do not know anything so not claiming I do.

thornaby

"The rumour and it is only a rumour is that Siemens based in Hull have won a large chunk of the contracts on offer. The critical volume for the plant may be bring a re-think making sure the numbers still stack on the original build plan.

Like I said it’s only a rumour without any concrete Announcements but GE will not sign something if it’s not backed off by work confirmed won.

The questions mentioned were about leasing of the factory which to be honest could verify the stall in progress if volumes are under question.

I do not know anything so not claiming I do. "

that maybe true jackal we will find out early next year I’d of thought but fortunately it’s not the only thing going on down there funny that we have a guy on here from Teesside who doesn’t want investment in Teesside but would prefer it spent in Cumbria and Northumberland the mind boggles lol

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

More invented drama . . .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-59700321

,A deal to make wind turbine blades on Teesside has been delayed but the area's mayor says talks are now "progressing at pace".

US company GE Renewable Energy announced it would build 350ft (107m)-long turbine blades at the Teesworks site in March.

The turbine factory was touted to supply the enormous Dogger Bank wind farm, off Teesside's coast.

Tees Mayor Ben Houchen said political opponents were "spreading rumours".

No change there then . . .

There isn't a large infrastructure in the history of forever that has run to time or budget or anything else for that matter.

Thornaby

"The rumour and it is only a rumour is that Siemens based in Hull have won a large chunk of the contracts on offer. The critical volume for the plant may be bring a re-think making sure the numbers still stack on the original build plan.

I do not know anything so not claiming I do. that maybe true jackal we will find out early next year I’d of thought but fortunately it’s not the only thing going on down there funny that we have a guy on here from Teesside who doesn’t want investment in Teesside but would prefer it spent in Cumbria and Northumberland the mind boggles lol"

Seriously, do you ever think things through, look beyond the edges of your postcode?

I patiently explained to you the impact on teesside of the road system. Did you fail to understand? Happy to walk you through again.

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

you don’t want the best at all that’s why you started this post gloating over a delay and that’s all it is a delay according to you that doesn’t happen with large projects lol I think it’s sad that you feel this way about Teesside it’s not about the government it’s a project for GE "

thornaby

I do not know anything so not claiming I do. that maybe true jackal we will find out early next year I’d of thought but fortunately it’s not the only thing going on down there funny that we have a guy on here from Teesside who doesn’t want investment in Teesside but would prefer it spent in Cumbria and Northumberland the mind boggles lol

Seriously, do you ever think things through, look beyond the edges of your postcode?

I patiently explained to you the impact on teesside of the road system. Did you fail to understand? Happy to walk you through again."

you actually said you would prefer to see the investment at tee sport to be spent on the A66 in Durham and Cumbria and A19 in Northumberland why wouldn’t you like to see the councils there campaign to widen there roads lol you said the investment at tees port was crumbs when the fuck as Teesside ever had investment like this it’s not just government money it’s private company’s go on then run me through it again I’m a bit slow lol

thornaby

Anglo American to invest £530 million in its fertiliser plant and tunnel from Whitby to Teesside in 2022 more great news

"Anglo American to invest £530 million in its fertiliser plant and tunnel from Whitby to Teesside in 2022 more great news "

There wasn't any bad news in in-between Foxy - just bad reading lol

thornaby

"Anglo American to invest £530 million in its fertiliser plant and tunnel from Whitby to Teesside in 2022 more great news

There wasn't any bad news in in-between Foxy - just bad reading lol "

haha I’m sure someone will call it crumbs tho lol

"Anglo American to invest £530 million in its fertiliser plant and tunnel from Whitby to Teesside in 2022 more great news

There wasn't any bad news in in-between Foxy - just bad reading lol haha I’m sure someone will call it crumbs tho lol"

milton keynes

There wasn't any bad news in in-between Foxy - just bad reading lol haha I’m sure someone will call it crumbs tho lol"

That's an awful lot of crumbs lol. Sounds very good news for the region

thornaby

There wasn't any bad news in in-between Foxy - just bad reading lol haha I’m sure someone will call it crumbs tho lol

That's an awful lot of crumbs lol. Sounds very good news for the region"

it’s great news well received by people on Teesside apart from one lol thanks for the comment appreciate it

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

There wasn't any bad news in in-between Foxy - just bad reading lol haha I’m sure someone will call it crumbs tho lol

That's an awful lot of crumbs lol. Sounds very good news for the regionit’s great news well received by people on Teesside apart from one lol thanks for the comment appreciate it "

Did I see a few weeks back, that BP were investing bigtime in a hydrogen plant on Teeside?

milton keynes

That's an awful lot of crumbs lol. Sounds very good news for the regionit’s great news well received by people on Teesside apart from one lol thanks for the comment appreciate it

Did I see a few weeks back, that BP were investing bigtime in a hydrogen plant on Teeside? "

Yes your right. BP are adding a green hydrogen plant to their blue hydrogen facility creating more jobs. They may do one in Aberdeen too though that maybe the one the disputes are about.

» Add a new message to this topic