FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Lies, lies and more lies

Lies, lies and more lies

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I really do not know how a newspaper can write such rubbish.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/dec/25/brexit-one-year-on-so-hows-it-going?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

One man's lies is another man's truth

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"I really do not know how a newspaper can write such rubbish.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/dec/25/brexit-one-year-on-so-hows-it-going?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other"

Which bit or bits do you disagree with? I have just read it in its entirety and claims are referenced, and opinions are backed by actual events.

Just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean that it is a lie.

The summary that 60% of people feel like Brexit is going badly was widely reported and I don’t think that many on the 40% can really articulate with any persuasiveness that the current trajectory is a positive and winning one.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

60% of the people they have talked too or polled does not make it the whole nation

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

As long as polls are taken using a varied selection of people from different backgrounds, ethnically, politically and economically to answer the questions, it is accepted as a fair and truthful reflection of the.nation as a whole. It has a margin of error of a few percent.

Seems the bbc are in agreement that It isn’t going well and looks to be staying that way or worse.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59761292

Interesting how Reece Mogg quoted, cheaper food, clothing along with its exciting and a wonderful opportunity.

Mogg disregarded the negative Bank of England and the CBI forecasts as bias. Then mentioned his favourite economic forecaster Patrick Minford saying he has the best track record of all forecasters on economic matters and trusts his views saying he is in favour of Brexit.

Quoted directly from Patrick Minford through another source. “ For Brexit to succeed, agriculture and industry in this country will be decimated”.

Brexit supporters have been mugged by liars it’s that simple. I am not angry at or disappointed by anyone voting for voting Brexit I’m angry at the self serving leaders who lied to them.

We will now be importing meat from Australia which will be to their production standards not to our hard fought higher standards.

We have given standards control to Australia. Taking back control?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"60% of the people they have talked too or polled does not make it the whole nation "
from a yougov poll last week...

34pc of leavers were saying it is going well to very well, 31pc neither well nor nadyly, and 26 pc saying it is going badly or very badly.

Of course badly could mean "we've not gone hard enough" rather than its worse than staying ...

Manchester

"60% of the people they have talked too or polled does not make it the whole nation from a yougov poll last week...

34pc of leavers were saying it is going well to very well, 31pc neither well nor nadyly, and 26 pc saying it is going badly or very badly.

Of course badly could mean "we've not gone hard enough" rather than its worse than staying ..."

So assuming the question was worded differently the roughly 60% (57%) stands then? They agree It isn’t going well !

Bristol

We all know that polls can and are mostly manipulated to give the answers that the people or companies want

They just keep on going until the desired answer is reached

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"We all know that polls can and are mostly manipulated to give the answers that the people or companies want

They just keep on going until the desired answer is reached "

So your opinion is that most people think Brexit is going well?

Do you have any resource at all to back that up? Even the Mail, Telegraph and Express have been back-pedalling in recent months.

Even on here, Brexit support has been melting away month on month.

Maybe you could accept that Brexit is not going well … just maybe because… well, it just isn’t going well is it?

Manchester

[Removed by poster at 26/12/21 18:15:45]

Manchester

Sadly we don’t have politicians capable of saying ok it’s not working and unlikely to get better. We need to get an easier way to trade with the EU.

We don’t need to re-join but customs Union would help reduce industry problems along with free movement . No benefits free movement migration only free movement for business and if you have a job or self sufficient like pensioners in Spain. It’s not hard to improve things quickly so the refusal to act is not economic uncertainty it’s political face saving.

The alternative is just more holding our economy back and ultimately going backwards.

By *aughtiness69Couple  over a year ago

Kinmel bay

Haha it would be going undisptedly worse if Covid had not masked and given an excuse for a lot of the issues that have arose.

By *oolpinstripeMan  over a year ago

Kildare

It’s a bit like the Formula 1 World Championship..... thousands out there ‘believe’ that Hamilton should have won.....

But he didn’t !

Bristol

"We all know that polls can and are mostly manipulated to give the answers that the people or companies want

Do you have any resource at all to back that up? Even the Mail, Telegraph and Express have been back-pedalling in recent months.

Maybe you could accept that Brexit is not going well … just maybe because… well, it just isn’t going well is it?"

All I can say is that nothing much has changed in my life since brexit.

By *urham 3 riversMan  over a year ago

Co. Durham

Brexit is going the way USA pleases so everything is Rosie in Westminster

Manchester

"Brexit is going the way USA pleases so everything is Rosie in Westminster "

Not if the DUP get their way with Liz Truss . Let’s be honest judging by her amazingly the same or worse trade deals she’s going to roll over at some point it’s just a matter of who too.

Manchester

Maybe you could accept that Brexit is not going well … just maybe because… well, it just isn’t going well is it?

"

So you’re immune from inflation ? I’d like some of what you’re drinking at Christmas or maybe you’re in Tibet?

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

Even though I voted remain, I would have to disagree that all of the rise in inflation in this country is due to brexit, I know some will disagree but if its all brexit then why are so many countries around the whole world also experiencing a rise in inflation just like us???. Brexit is having an effect but the main reason for inflation increases around the whole world is the covid pandemic because of the problems it has caused in the global supply chain. Its the shortages of goods and raw materials which have inflated prices globally. Anybody doing business around the world, if they are truthful will tell you the same.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I really do not know how a newspaper can write such rubbish.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/dec/25/brexit-one-year-on-so-hows-it-going?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other"

I don't understand, the article is an opinion piece with cited sources and largely validated across multiple sources....what's up?

By *antoriniMan  over a year ago

Banks,Southport

[Removed by poster at 27/12/21 17:09:01]

By *antoriniMan  over a year ago

Banks,Southport

"60% of the people they have talked too or polled does not make it the whole nation "

Rather like the referendum

Bristol

So you’re immune from inflation ? I’d like some of what you’re drinking at Christmas or maybe you’re in Tibet? "

Prices go up and down they always have done it’s just your expectations of what you think your entitled to be able to do that effects your life.

I have said that I personally have not been effected by brexit.

I still live the way I have always done

Bristol

"60% of the people they have talked too or polled does not make it the whole nation

Rather like the referendum"

Difference is that the referendum was a national vote! Not a local one and not an opinion poll

Bristol

"Even though I voted remain, I would have to disagree that all of the rise in inflation in this country is due to brexit, I know some will disagree but if its all brexit then why are so many countries around the whole world also experiencing a rise in inflation just like us???. Brexit is having an effect but the main reason for inflation increases around the whole world is the covid pandemic because of the problems it has caused in the global supply chain. Its the shortages of goods and raw materials which have inflated prices globally. Anybody doing business around the world, if they are truthful will tell you the same."

Stop it your talking sense

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

So you’re immune from inflation ? I’d like some of what you’re drinking at Christmas or maybe you’re in Tibet?

Prices go up and down they always have done it’s just your expectations of what you think your entitled to be able to do that effects your life.

I still live the way I have always done "

Yes prices fluctuate though recently inflation has only gone upwards. Not sure how much is due to brexit and how much is due to world wide inflation problems. Many countries seem to have higher than normal inflation. Brexit has I think affected my life but in a positive way at present. No idea if that will continue or not

Manchester

I still live the way I have always done "

I’m pleased for you genuinely but your shopping bill has increased and will continue to do so. That is irrefutable.

Personally I’m financial able not to be bothered , however my business is incurring 7 figure increases in costs and that has to be passed to consumers as suppliers are getting hammered too. We’ve moved jobs to the EU as we can’t stand the costs on certain business flows. We are not alone. That has directly resulted in financial loss to the U.K., Death by a thousand cuts to our economy.

Inflation has been driven by both Covid and Brexit but Brexit is the add on that puts the U.K. in a worse place than our competitors. That’s a long term damage.

» Add a new message to this topic