FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > £1,200 worse 0ff in 2022

£1,200 worse 0ff in 2022

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

A think-tank says that the average household will be £1,200 worse off in 2022 because of surging heating, fuel, national insurance rises..

How much of this is down to Brexiteers...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There’s a politics forum further down

Not very much of it, most of it is actually down to the economic impact of Covid worldwide.

Not to say Brexit hasn’t had any impact, but Covid has been far greater. I’m struggling to get any IT kit in any meaningful quantities and have done since the summer. Costs of monitors have nearly doubled, yet this is nothing to do with Brexit at all.

thank you, my first eyeroll of the day..

"There’s a politics forum further down"

Brexit? What she said.

I am not an average household...so I'm likely further f**ked than most

.. that's cheered me up no end. Thanks. Happy New year

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Big companies will use any excuse to sting consumers for more money.

When we went decimal my mum said the price of everything doubled.

It's down to the household or the individual to shop wise so it effects us less. Hit the companies who you have monthly direct debit with where it hurts them the most. There are always deals out there if you look hard enough. Or don't.

I changed my job in December so im better off by £5000 a year so swings and roundabouts

"Not very much of it, most of it is actually down to the economic impact of Covid worldwide.

Not to say Brexit hasn’t had any impact, but Covid has been far greater. I’m struggling to get any IT kit in any meaningful quantities and have done since the summer. Costs of monitors have nearly doubled, yet this is nothing to do with Brexit at all."

Agreed. Brexit is having an effect on food and some commodities, as well as some effect on growth, as expected is has harmed the economy. But the biggest impact right now is from fuel (climate and demand), tech/silicon and slow economic growth (both mainly covid related).

The fuel market is horrendous, 147p for petrol, and 58p/l for oil. Keeping the house warm and cars running is painful.

By *irty CatsCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"It's down to the household or the individual to shop wise so it effects us less. Hit the companies who you have monthly direct debit with where it hurts them the most. There are always deals out there if you look hard enough. Or don't."

This

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

"

How much of this is down to Brexiteers..."

none

By *uckslut and MCouple  over a year ago

Poole

"A think-tank says that the average household will be £1,200 worse off in 2022 because of surging heating, fuel, national insurance rises..

Dose this include council tax incease, and other bills like water, sewridge and food going up? Not forgetting the £20 a week reduction to universal credits.

By *ictoria_1976TV/TS  over a year ago

Newquay

Yawn - I see Tom is being Tom again!

Similar to a chap further up-thread I've had a 6k pay rise (promotion) - so a net gain for me in 2022!

Chelmsford

"A think-tank says that the average household will be £1,200 worse off in 2022 because of surging heating, fuel, national insurance rises..

Dose this include council tax incease, and other bills like water, sewridge and food going up? Not forgetting the £20 a week reduction to universal credits. "

I think it's all of those things sadly

Chelmsford

"Yawn - I see Tom is being Tom again!

Similar to a chap further up-thread I've had a 6k pay rise (promotion) - so a net gain for me in 2022!

"

Congratulations on your promotion and that pay rise of 6k will be eroded by £1,200 which makes it a payrise of £4,800.

I am sure you have empathy for those with little increase or even a decrease.

Not sure gloating is an attractive quality..

Reminds me of somebody in a lifeboat as the Titaniic sinks..

Maybe just me.

By *moothshaftMan  over a year ago

Coventry

I'm already £1000 net a month down. Yes, £1000 per MONTH. Thanks to losing my job in engineering and finding what I could, namely a delivery driver.

At 64, I feel I could quite easily just end it all.

Chelmsford

"I'm already £1000 net a month down. Yes, £1000 per MONTH. Thanks to losing my job in engineering and finding what I could, namely a delivery driver.

At 64, I feel I could quite easily just end it all. "

No need for those thoughts..

Help is out there and support in here.. seek help...

Plenty of trees around I can burn. I dont need their gas. But yeah, 'they' just keep turning the screw dont they.

By *asilyled1Man  over a year ago

ogmore valley

I used to like your posts Tom. Fancy doing one with some good news?

Chelmsford

"Plenty of trees around I can burn. I dont need their gas. But yeah, 'they' just keep turning the screw dont they. "

No need to worry.. there are others who are thousands up..

An inspiration to us all..

"Plenty of trees around I can burn. I dont need their gas. But yeah, 'they' just keep turning the screw dont they.

No need to worry.. there are others who are thousands up..

An inspiration to us all.. "

Very depressing subject people domt wanna hear about going into the new year man.

"I am not an average household...so I'm likely further f**ked than most

.. that's cheered me up no end. Thanks. Happy New year "

Same here mate! Happy new fookin year

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"I used to like your posts Tom. Fancy doing one with some good news? "

Good news you say?

Chelmsford

"I used to like your posts Tom. Fancy doing one with some good news? "

Yes.. two people on this thread are 6k up..

Happy days !

Nowt to do with Brexit.

More to do with that Russian Pipeline.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

"I used to like your posts Tom. Fancy doing one with some good news?

Yes.. two people on this thread are 6k up..

Happy days !"

Hopefully they'll be donating to those less fortunate

Chelmsford

There is more to all this than meets the eye..

we are about to give all our staff a extra pay rise ..our care staff are amongst the best paid carers around already but i fear for them this year as cost of living is out of control not nice seeing other struggle

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

Where does our oil, gas and entertainment come from, I'd hazard a guess that's quite a few countries outside or the EU.

"we are about to give all our staff a extra pay rise ..our care staff are amongst the best paid carers around already but i fear for them this year as cost of living is out of control not nice seeing other struggle"

Pay rises are lovely of course but if anyone is also reliant on UC, they dont make a lot of difference as the difference just gets taken off the other end, or your tax band changes. Hard to get ahead sometimes.

By *mateur100Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

None of it. It's called life

By *xhib12Man  over a year ago

Blyth

Dose this include council tax incease, and other bills like water, sewridge and food going up? Not forgetting the £20 a week reduction to universal credits. "

It's not a reduction in universal credit, it's a removal of a temporary £20 uplift.

nr faversham

Dose this include council tax incease, and other bills like water, sewridge and food going up? Not forgetting the £20 a week reduction to universal credits.

It's not a reduction in universal credit, it's a removal of a temporary £20 uplift. "

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

The two things you mentioned…. None

The price of a barrel of oil has gone up from basically 25 dollars a barrel to 80 dollars a barrel now!

National insurance rise is specifically being ring fenced for the nhs….

You can absolutely ask if the increase in NI was the best way to do it as it basically hits the lowest paid people the highest ( I would have said upping the higher tax rates would have been fairer.. but that hits there own voters)

Chelmsford

The price of a barrel of oil has gone up from basically 25 dollars a barrel to 80 dollars a barrel now!

You can absolutely ask if the increase in NI was the best way to do it as it basically hits the lowest paid people the highest ( I would have said upping the higher tax rates would have been fairer.. but that hits there own voters)

"

So Brexit was a good thing?

nr faversham

So Brexit was a good thing?"

Of course...it gives you something to whine about

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

There is a global chip shortage affecting the entire car industry globally. How can it be Brexit causing it?

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

Of course...it gives you something to whine about "

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

So Brexit was a good thing?"

Brexit is not a factor in the things you posted about, so why you dragged it in I have no idea……

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Brexit is not a factor in the things you posted about, so why you dragged it in I have no idea…… "

Because some love to blame it for everything saying that im still waiting for covid to be blamed on brexit.

Chelmsford

Brexit is not a factor in the things you posted about, so why you dragged it in I have no idea…… "

I agree with you Fabio..

You have no idea....

» Add a new message to this topic