FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > UK steel braced for slump

UK steel braced for slump

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

UK steel industry braces for slump in trade..

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/dec/29/uk-steel-industry-braces-for-slump-in-trade-as-us-eu-tariffs-abolished?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Let's be honest here as this isn't about steel or tariffs between the US and the UK.

The US has no reason to favour the EU over the UK except perhaps due to it being a bigger trading partner.

The real reason is simply Beexit and the NIP.

As long as the UK continues to renege on the deal it agreed and continues to threaten the Good Friday Agreement, the US will do it's best to make things difficuilt.

I don't remember seeing this written on the side of a bus!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"UK steel industry braces for slump in trade..

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/dec/29/uk-steel-industry-braces-for-slump-in-trade-as-us-eu-tariffs-abolished?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Let's be honest here as this isn't about steel or tariffs between the US and the UK.

The US has no reason to favour the EU over the UK except perhaps due to it being a bigger trading partner.

As long as the UK continues to renege on the deal it agreed and continues to threaten the Good Friday Agreement, the US will do it's best to make things difficuilt.

"

ah so your part of the USA government then and privy to eehats going on ? Can you tell us about Area 51 aswell please ?

By *itzi999Woman  over a year ago

Slough

"UK steel industry braces for slump in trade..

"

The real reason British Steel has gone to seed is because the Chinese have taken it over….they produce super cheap Chinese steel in China and want to sell their own!

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

but our new blue passports put us at the front of the queue for a post-brexit steel trade deal with America

By *ichi_acerMan  over a year ago

notts

Not a chance will our steel industry face a slump with the high prices in steel and lack of supply I’d say output will increase significantly. That and some of the stainless steel on the market is complete rubbish not enough carbon and rusts not enough chromium

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

"Not a chance will our steel industry face a slump with the high prices in steel and lack of supply I’d say output will increase significantly. That and some of the stainless steel on the market is complete rubbish not enough carbon and rusts not enough chromium "

Has boris done away with the standards of steel on the British market already?

That or you are buying the wrong steel for your needs

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"Not a chance will our steel industry face a slump with the high prices in steel and lack of supply I’d say output will increase significantly. That and some of the stainless steel on the market is complete rubbish not enough carbon and rusts not enough chromium "

The UK has a domestic shortage of steel. I am often quoted in weeks now, rather than days, for supply.

Stainless steel is made to a standard, wherever it is made. Its the nickel and chromium that stops it rusting.

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

"Not a chance will our steel industry face a slump with the high prices in steel and lack of supply I’d say output will increase significantly. That and some of the stainless steel on the market is complete rubbish not enough carbon and rusts not enough chromium

The UK has a domestic shortage of steel. I am often quoted in weeks now, rather than days, for supply.

Stainless steel is made to a standard, wherever it is made. Its the nickel and chromium that stops it rusting. "

Feel your pain, we are having the same issue with getting steel in also, causing us some problems with meeting customers delivery schedules to say the least.

» Add a new message to this topic