FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Taking back Control

Taking back Control

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

URGENT UPDATE FOR BRITISH RESIDENTS IN EU:

Following a French Government decision, on 28/12/2021, unless they hold French residency, British citizens are now considered 3rd country citizens and can no longer transit France by road to reach their country of residence in the EU.

I wonder how France, a member of the EU, can excercise it's own sovereignty?

I think I remember the UK putting France on Amber list because of infection rate of Réunion (10,000km from Fr mainland) - that took weeks to sort out..

Fortunately, not many people on here will be affected and France did warn people well before Christmas to not travel as restrictions could be brought in.

All makes sense really and anything to try and limit infections is surely a good thing.

Again, fortunately the infection rate in the UK is decreasing whereas that in France and other European countries is doing the opposite.

Of course, mainland Europe has not run out of testing kits ...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

"URGENT UPDATE FOR BRITISH RESIDENTS IN EU:

Following a French Government decision, on 28/12/2021, unless they hold French residency, British citizens are now considered 3rd country citizens and can no longer transit France by road to reach their country of residence in the EU.

I think I remember the UK putting France on Amber list because of infection rate of Réunion (10,000km from Fr mainland) - that took weeks to sort out..

Fortunately, not many people on here will be affected and France did warn people well before Christmas to not travel as restrictions could be brought in.

All makes sense really and anything to try and limit infections is surely a good thing.

Again, fortunately the infection rate in the UK is decreasing whereas that in France and other European countries is doing the opposite.

Of course, mainland Europe has not run out of testing kits ..."

Well maybe Europe could be so kind as to donate some to a lowly 3rd country like the uk if they have excess testing kits available then everything will be fine, doubt it though lmfao.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

The French Interior Ministry are saying that isn't the case, and the information being put out by Eurotunnel is incorrect.

Providing you have proof of residence, you have 24 hours to transit France.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

The uk left the eu and became a 3rd party by default…. Isn’t that what people voted for?

By *mateur100Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

The uk left the eu and became a 3rd party by default…. Isn’t that what people voted for? "

Isn't this COVID related? How does Brexit get pulled into everything?

By *coptoCouple  over a year ago

Côte d'Azur & Great Yarmouth

Fabio beat me to it:

“British citizens are now considered 3rd country citizens”

The UK formally left the EU on 31 January 2020 at 23:59 Brussels time and has been a “Third Country” ever since; so of course we’re “3rd country citizens”!

“British citizens … can no longer transit France by road”

British citizens AND ANYBODY ELSE can only enter France from the UK for special reasons - holiday and transit isn’t considered a valid reason. French nationals can return to their own country of course, so too can Brits with French residency, which gives us the same rights.

Nothing to do with sovereignty or (non)free movement, ANY country can impose its own health rules. Or even, when we were in the EU and had a bit of clout, opt-out of things like Schengen, Europe’s Banking Union and the obligation to adopt the euro, the Charter of Fundamental Human Rights etc. And, if you’re The Iron Lady, you could get a good rebate from ‘em, too!

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

just go in a rubber boat without a passport, travel through to anywhere you want apparently, works the other way round

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

The uk left the eu and became a 3rd party by default…. Isn’t that what people voted for?

Isn't this COVID related? How does Brexit get pulled into everything? "

Because some just cannot let go.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Isn't this COVID related? How does Brexit get pulled into everything? Because some just cannot let go. "

Because you didn’t read _copto full explanation… did you?? But heck… cheap pop…

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Keep shooting Diver eventually (but not so far) something might even stick

But please. Would you properly read and understand your own Anti-Brexit posts BEFORE you post them? Just saves us all having to point out the errors to you.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Again just covid related and a country trying to slow the spread. The UK has imposed rules on others before for the same reason. The unfortunate thing is people's jobs in France are being lost due to this as their winter break places are like ghost towns

"

'Lateral flow tests France: Shortages at pharmacies as demand rises

Rise in number of children being tested suggested as major cause with the situation impacted too by general stock and staff shortages'

From CX France. 8 December.

[Removed by poster at 30/12/21 11:32:31]

[Removed by poster at 30/12/21 11:34:46]

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/uk-covid-test-shortage-brexit-b1983976.html

Have a proper read through.

In Britain, the tests are required to come out of self-isolation early, and the government's messaging has heavily emphasised at-home testing as a way of keeping safe – especially ahead of seeing family members at Christmas. It is unsurprising, therefore, that demand is particularly high.

'But the approach taken by the UK has not been mirrored in all European countries. Germany and Greece, for example, are two EU member states that stopped offering free tests, after health authorities argued that the availability of free, rapid, at-home testing was discouraging people from getting a vaccine. If someone thinks they can stay safe or access events simply by testing, they might see it as an alternative to getting a jab. '

Both countries began imposing charges for tests, with some exemptions for people on low incomes and other categories. Pharmacists in Germany have said this has significantly hit demand. Unsurprisingly, shortages have not really been an issue in either country. While vaccination was the publicly stated reasoning for imposing charges in both countries, the backdrop of an international run on at home kits was inevitably the context. '

(sorry I missed stuff).

near ipswich

when countries in the eu are testing less than a 1/3 of the people the uk its not surprising I dont think they are free to everyone all across Europe either so would guess that if people have to buy them they wont be so popular.

" when countries in the eu are testing less than a 1/3 of the people the uk its not surprising I dont think they are free to everyone all across Europe either so would guess that if people have to buy them they wont be so popular."

Snap. read above lol.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

I know some European countries are not accepting negative lfts, as a means of gaining entry to venues.

Its a full vaccination record, or you are not getting in.

near ipswich

" when countries in the eu are testing less than a 1/3 of the people the uk its not surprising I dont think they are free to everyone all across Europe either so would guess that if people have to buy them they wont be so popular.

Snap. read above lol. "

yeah you beat me to it,happy new year.

" when countries in the eu are testing less than a 1/3 of the people the uk its not surprising I dont think they are free to everyone all across Europe either so would guess that if people have to buy them they wont be so popular.

Snap. read above lol. yeah you beat me to it,happy new year."

happy new year. Too

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"just go in a rubber boat without a passport, travel through to anywhere you want apparently, works the other way round "
don't say that the poor things won't have any boats to come here in

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"

As this bit is rubbish I didn't read the rest

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The French government announced on Thursday that is has temporarily lifted its ban on UK nationals travelling through France to return to their homes in the EU, to avoid large numbers of Brits being stranded in the UK after the Christmas holidays.

"The French government announced on Thursday that is has temporarily lifted its ban on UK nationals travelling through France to return to their homes in the EU, to avoid large numbers of Brits being stranded in the UK after the Christmas holidays."

That has already been said above. As they have right of Residency it was fit and proper. Any other Brit or anyone else for that matter is restricted.

You are now agreeing against your own post lol.

» Add a new message to this topic