Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mateur100 OP   Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

Merely asking the question

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"Merely asking the question"

It was reported in the Sun very shortly after the event and damp squibbed into oblivion.

Now the Mail are on an agenda and do have tried to resurrect the story.

By *mateur100 OP   Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

"Merely asking the question

It was reported in the Sun very shortly after the event and damp squibbed into oblivion.

Now the Mail are on an agenda and do have tried to resurrect the story."

I'm grateful for your clarification

By *appy2100Couple  over a year ago

kensington

They all bloody at it.

Partyn and at it as well lol

By *ity_BoyMan  over a year ago

London

"Merely asking the question

Now the Mail are on an agenda and do have tried to resurrect the story."

The deputy editor of the s*n was present at Boris' parties. Explains the attempted deflection

By *athers123Man  over a year ago

Harpenden

"Clutching at straws"

That certainly sounds like someone drinking.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"They all bloody at it.

Partyn and at it as well lol"

Nope, not going to turn this into "they're all bad as each other"

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Any truth in this?"

Having a drink with fellow MP at their constituency with their dinner after a long day in MP surgery.

Boris and his Fleet Street pals, trying to deflect, but the argument is weak just like his excuse of not knowing he was in a party at Downing Street during lockdown.

It depends on your political agenda. What's good for one is good for the other. Let's all be honest...who 100% completely abided by the rules? How can a Prime Minister run a country alone? He needs back up around him. Many members of staff have to eat and drink to carry on. We were hidden away to be kept safe in the beginning cause we didn't understand what we were dealing with. FFS the media must of been videoing and photographing as they stalked all MPs for their own agenda. How else have they got these items. Media are feckin scabs. Not there to help anyone only to sensationalise.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Any truth in this?"
You will be accused of deflection bringing that up mate thats why i didnt

near ipswich

Just read the rest of the posts some people are so predictable.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2022/01/13/keir-starmer-branded-absolute-hypocrite-drinking-staff-lockdown/

Shocked !!! Not.

North West

"https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2022/01/13/keir-starmer-branded-absolute-hypocrite-drinking-staff-lockdown/

Shocked !!! Not."

We’re you shocked when the Sun reported it earlier this year when the story gained as much traction as a wet fart?

It was a work event, full disclosure was made at the time and the event did not constitute a culture of drinking and exceptionalist disregard for rules.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

I think he is too careful to get caught out

Is Kier Starmer the PM?

Did he make the rules for no gatherings?

Did he have dozens of parties with his peers while the rest of the UK were stuck indoors, unable to attend funerals?

Always funny seeing Boris fans stretch and attempt to deflect. It's either that or "they're bad as each other"

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

"They all bloody at it.

Sounds a bit harsh to say they were all breaking the rules. I suspect like the population there is a percentage that broke the rules and probably more revelations to come out yet. It's obviously worse when the rule makers turn out to disregard the very rules they imposed. I saw the SNP head on tv the other morning who would not answer if he knew of any rule breaking by SNP politicians

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"They all bloody at it.

Sounds a bit harsh to say they were all breaking the rules. I suspect like the population there is a percentage that broke the rules and probably more revelations to come out yet. It's obviously worse when the rule makers turn out to disregard the very rules they imposed. I saw the SNP head on tv the other morning who would not answer if he knew of any rule breaking by SNP politicians"

No but I bet his ring was tightening when he was asked that question

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

[Removed by poster at 15/01/22 13:48:49]

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

The first tentative move in operation save big dog

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

In newsagents this morning and kier is on the front pages of some papers for drink parties.... amazing!

Notts

"Is Kier Starmer the PM?

Did he make the rules for no gatherings?

Did he have dozens of parties with his peers while the rest of the UK were stuck indoors, unable to attend funerals?

Always funny seeing Boris fans stretch and attempt to deflect. It's either that or "they're bad as each other"

"

No but he wants to be PM and yes it looks like he did... personally i couldnt give a shit, but pot kettle!

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

"I think he is too careful to get caught out "

He is a Lord, they are all in it togethe. Caught partying on the 21st April 2021.

"They all bloody at it.

This xxxxx

I have nothing more to add, we are off out partying at 7pm till early hours tonight xxxxx Suzi

By *ired_upMan  over a year ago

ashton

"They all bloody at it.

This xxxxx "

It's just not though. He was at a constituency event with a meet and greet via zoom.and also had a beer. This was within the rules, as everyone who has looked past the headline knows.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

What Starmer did wasn't the same kind of thing at all. But the Mail and Sun know their readers will lap it up regardless of the facts, as indeed will some of the usual Tory posters on here.

"In newsagents this morning and kier is on the front pages of some papers for drink parties.... amazing!"

Shhhh. You will be accused of citing fair play for all lol.

By *hilMan  over a year ago

HOUGHTON LE SPRING

I wonder whether Rachel Johnson will get on the front page of the papers after saying Boris didn't breach rules on LBC.

How creditable/ believable are her comments? Bit embarrassing when she either doesn't know or follow the rules herself, pictured maskless, asleep on a train between London and Exeter on the 10th January 2022, not a mask in sight.

near ipswich

"In newsagents this morning and kier is on the front pages of some papers for drink parties.... amazing!"
You cant mention that its classed as deflecting on here you can only talk about the government breaking rules.Come on you have been on here long enough now shape up.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"In newsagents this morning and kier is on the front pages of some papers for drink parties.... amazing!You cant mention that its classed as deflecting on here you can only talk about the government breaking rules.Come on you have been on here long enough now shape up. "

But it is a desperate smear to try and take the heat of boris….

It’s a bit like smearing Marcus rashford after he made the government look silly on school meals…

Any Dominic Cummings is coming out with more revelations that he definitely knew and is lying to parliament, and Downing Street sources are saying that Johnson was warned about party before it happened and suggested he cancel it

"In newsagents this morning and kier is on the front pages of some papers for drink parties.... amazing!You cant mention that its classed as deflecting on here you can only talk about the government breaking rules.Come on you have been on here long enough now shape up. "

Oops. Sorry Captain Sir lol.

Tie is straight now lol

Notts

"In newsagents this morning and kier is on the front pages of some papers for drink parties.... amazing!You cant mention that its classed as deflecting on here you can only talk about the government breaking rules.Come on you have been on here long enough now shape up.

It’s a bit like smearing Marcus rashford after he made the government look silly on school meals…

Any Dominic Cummings is coming out with more revelations that he definitely knew and is lying to parliament, and Downing Street sources are saying that Johnson was warned about party before it happened and suggested he cancel it "

We now believe Dominic Cummings conservatives smear but labour doesn't more . .... thanks

near ipswich

"In newsagents this morning and kier is on the front pages of some papers for drink parties.... amazing!You cant mention that its classed as deflecting on here you can only talk about the government breaking rules.Come on you have been on here long enough now shape up.

Any Dominic Cummings is coming out with more revelations that he definitely knew and is lying to parliament, and Downing Street sources are saying that Johnson was warned about party before it happened and suggested he cancel it "

I rest my case you say its a deliberate smear but there he is beer in hand with other people is that a smear or someone reporting the facts.What in you eyes constitutes a smear rather than a fact?

By *hilMan  over a year ago

HOUGHTON LE SPRING

Starmer - no clear photographic evidence. Could be a bottle of beer, cola etc.

Possibly four people in photograph, but perspective is poor and no one can judge spacing/ distance between people, or even if they are in the same room, could be looking through doorway. Who knows?

On the other hand garden party photo Johnson is cut and dried, bona fide evidence, conclusive proof of breaking rules

Newcastle and Gateshead

Any Dominic Cummings is coming out with more revelations that he definitely knew and is lying to parliament, and Downing Street sources are saying that Johnson was warned about party before it happened and suggested he cancel it I rest my case you say its a deliberate smear but there he is beer in hand with other people is that a smear or someone reporting the facts.What in you eyes constitutes a smear rather than a fact?"

I would suggest that the newspapers trying to push the sks story (the sun and the daily mail) have known links with Johnson no.10 operation at the moment (one of the 2 parties they had the night before Philip funeral was someone leaving no.10 office for the sun)

The Downing Street sources story came curtesy of the telegraph, which was then corroborated by Dominic Cummings blog with more details…

Unless you are now saying the telegraph have an axe to grind against boris…. I mean, he was a former columnist for them!!!!

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Any Dominic Cummings is coming out with more revelations that he definitely knew and is lying to parliament, and Downing Street sources are saying that Johnson was warned about party before it happened and suggested he cancel it I rest my case you say its a deliberate smear but there he is beer in hand with other people is that a smear or someone reporting the facts.What in you eyes constitutes a smear rather than a fact?

I would suggest that the newspapers trying to push the sks story (the sun and the daily mail) have known links with Johnson no.10 operation at the moment (one of the 2 parties they had the night before Philip funeral was someone leaving no.10 office for the sun)

The Downing Street sources story came curtesy of the telegraph, which was then corroborated by Dominic Cummings blog with more details…

Unless you are now saying the telegraph have an axe to grind against boris…. I mean, he was a former columnist for them!!!! "

The government are desperately trying to deflect, but it only shows how pathetic they have become, its really weak, we all know you’re trying to rally the base, but the base no longer believes you.

Notts

Any Dominic Cummings is coming out with more revelations that he definitely knew and is lying to parliament, and Downing Street sources are saying that Johnson was warned about party before it happened and suggested he cancel it I rest my case you say its a deliberate smear but there he is beer in hand with other people is that a smear or someone reporting the facts.What in you eyes constitutes a smear rather than a fact?

Unless you are now saying the telegraph have an axe to grind against boris…. I mean, he was a former columnist for them!!!!

The government are desperately trying to deflect, but it only shows how pathetic they have become, its really weak, we all know you’re trying to rally the base, but the base no longer believes you."

Im sure they are in the same way labour is looking for every possible mole hill and calling it a mountain! It works in both directions! One news paper favours one, one the other.... is there any honesty anymore.... politicians... jeez..

By *rLibertineMan  over a year ago

North Suffolk

The government are desperately trying to deflect, but it only shows how pathetic they have become, its really weak, we all know you’re trying to rally the base, but the base no longer believes you."

costa still believes….

By *itzi999Woman  over a year ago

Slough

"Any truth in this?"

Yes he was drinking and partying during covid lockdown.

Newcastle and Gateshead

The government are desperately trying to deflect, but it only shows how pathetic they have become, its really weak, we all know you’re trying to rally the base, but the base no longer believes you.

Im sure they are in the same way labour is looking for every possible mole hill and calling it a mountain! It works in both directions! One news paper favours one, one the other.... is there any honesty anymore.... politicians... jeez.. "

So how many lockdown parties are we up to now? Just curious? At what point do we stop calling it a mole hill in your eyes…..

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I don’t really care to be honest. I am a bit jaded politically. It does seem a bit desperate

A pub in the next village didn’t even close during the pandemic. They could have all gone there.

A woman in Sainsbury's said to me SKS was pissed in the office, and now he's pissed they found out lol.

North West

"Any truth in this?

Yes he was drinking and partying during covid lockdown. "

Johnson was yes - you are right.

SKS was having a beer with his take-away dinner at work.

SKS hasn't presided over a drinking and partying culture. SKS has not allowed his staff to do whatever they want. SKS was not responsible for writing lockdown legislation and then acting like it didnt apply to him.

Johnson on the other hand did all of those things.

It surprises me that Conservative disciples are still trying to support and deflect from Johnston because quite clearly his habitual lying and disassociation with the truth appears to be somewhat electorally damaging.

"Any truth in this?

Yes he was drinking and partying during covid lockdown.

Johnson was yes - you are right.

SKS was having a beer with his take-away dinner at work.

SKS hasn't presided over a drinking and partying culture. SKS has not allowed his staff to do whatever they want. SKS was not responsible for writing lockdown legislation and then acting like it didnt apply to him.

Johnson on the other hand did all of those things.

It surprises me that Conservative disciples are still trying to support and deflect from Johnston because quite clearly his habitual lying and disassociation with the truth appears to be somewhat electorally damaging."

It is desperate and pathetic, sad to see

Notts

Im sure they are in the same way labour is looking for every possible mole hill and calling it a mountain! It works in both directions! One news paper favours one, one the other.... is there any honesty anymore.... politicians... jeez..

So how many lockdown parties are we up to now? Just curious? At what point do we stop calling it a mole hill in your eyes….."

Just read Dominiques quote, it really depends how you say it, mad house while laughing is totally different to mad house with a serious tone.

Personally I think arguing over if it was a party or just drinks, work or not.... did Johnson know in the 1000 memos a day.... would have been low on his list.... it is a waste of effort.

I think all parties are mole hills compared to sorting the vaccines or sorting trade or.....

Im not defending Johnson, Im defending the post, like my nurse was grumpy... yeah she's rushed off her feet... but that doesn't excuse her... it does a bit... she's trained ain't she?... in my view... sure she has lots on etc etc

"Any truth in this?"

We will have to wait for Sue Gray to investigate

By *rLibertineMan  over a year ago

North Suffolk

"A woman in Sainsbury's said to me SKS was pissed in the office, and now he's pissed they found out lol.

"

…which doesn’t really work as it wasn’t true…

next time suggest to her she swap sks for bj

» Add a new message to this topic