FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Who is prepping?

Who is prepping?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rFunBoy OP   Man  over a year ago

Longridge

I've just ordered an LPG Conversion kit for the boiler. Tomorrow 3x 47kg propane and auto switch over regulator.

If Biden forces Nordstream closures, its going to be a cold winter, they claim we don't use Russia gas but soon, non Russian gas is going to the highest bidder.

Considering up to 30% of our electricity is gas fired generation, are we heading towards blackouts.

Generator Transfer Switch, solar backed batteries in place with 5kw Generator. Time to start stashing petrol.

Long term, I think I'll stay off grid as the £92 per year Standing Charge is nearly the same as 2x 47kg refills.

Still got bog rolls from the Christmas stash.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

DO NOT ever "stash" petrol, unless it is a small amount in an approved container.

In one petrol shortage crisis, a man filled his bath with petrol. It resulted in the whole street being evacuated!

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

nope dont have any gas.

Longridge

"DO NOT ever "stash" petrol, unless it is a small amount in an approved container.

In one petrol shortage crisis, a man filled his bath with petrol. It resulted in the whole street being evacuated! "

Depends how it's stashed.. sensible or like an idiot. I'll just fill the boat tanks and add treatment to stop it going stale, pump some out as it is needed giving 250 litres always available if needed.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"I've just ordered an LPG Conversion kit for the boiler. Tomorrow 3x 47kg propane and auto switch over regulator.

If Biden forces Nordstream closures, its going to be a cold winter, they claim we don't use Russia gas but soon, non Russian gas is going to the highest bidder.

Considering up to 30% of our electricity is gas fired generation, are we heading towards blackouts.

Generator Transfer Switch, solar backed batteries in place with 5kw Generator. Time to start stashing petrol.

Long term, I think I'll stay off grid as the £92 per year Standing Charge is nearly the same as 2x 47kg refills.

Still got bog rolls from the Christmas stash."

Do whatever you need to do.

But most of these shortages are exasperated by people stockpiling bog roll, petrol, pickled onion monster munch etc.

By *eggy_FemaleWoman  over a year ago

between now and never

"I've just ordered an LPG Conversion kit for the boiler. Tomorrow 3x 47kg propane and auto switch over regulator.

I got a few tins of corned beef stashed…. Just in case

Longridge

I'll do you a trade on some corned beef for tinned Tuna?

Monster munch is safe, dont buy them.

Petrol's been safely stashed every winter for last 10 years in case of storm that cuts power for days.

I imagine many in the North East wished they'd kept a Generator and fuel ready after Arwen.

Gas supply disruption is high possibility, so yep, converting boiler to remove reliance on mains gas.

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

Russia don't want to sell us the gas, China has said it will take every molecule of Russian gas with a pipeline to China being constructed, if Russian turned off the supply of gas to europe, they would be accused of holding Europe to ransom so instead those pesky russians will get the west to turn it off for them. And the west thinking yeah that told them.

Longridge

At least sending to China doesn't come with the baggage attached as is the case with the EU.

To threaten to switch off the Interbank SWIFT payment system will also be another shoot yourself in the foot.

China and Russia already have their own Interbank systems in place which when comes to the crunch will be ramped up with the benefits of transfers being hidden from Western prying eyes.

There used to be a day these threats may have worked but both Russia and China are at a stage to tell the West to go F themselves.

» Add a new message to this topic