FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Italy - the vile disgusting greed

Italy - the vile disgusting greed

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *6traveller OP   Man  over a year ago

Tayside and Midlands

So Italy protects Gucci and Prada ahead of children's lives. Putting a fashion item before saving a life is unforgivable. I hope every right minded person in the world remembers this! I cannot believe the Italian people support their governments refusal to properly punish Putin.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"So Italy protects Gucci and Prada ahead of children's lives. Putting a fashion item before saving a life is unforgivable. I hope every right minded person in the world remembers this! I cannot believe the Italian people support their governments refusal to properly punish Putin. "

Reports were today that there are a lot of their are really angry about what their government have done

By *mateur100Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

As I read it the Italian, Hungarian and German govts opposed the sanctions.

nr faversham

"As I read it the Italian, Hungarian and German govts opposed the sanctions. "

But isn't it a huge surprise to see the EU unity fall apart at the first real test?

By *ack4NinaCouple  over a year ago

Carmarthen

"As I read it the Italian, Hungarian and German govts opposed the sanctions.

But isn't it a huge surprise to see the EU unity fall apart at the first real test?"

As is your thread!

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"So Italy protects Gucci and Prada ahead of children's lives. Putting a fashion item before saving a life is unforgivable. I hope every right minded person in the world remembers this! I cannot believe the Italian people support their governments refusal to properly punish Putin.

Reports were today that there are a lot of their are really angry about what their government have done "

They would be a lot angrier if Russia turns off the heat and electric in winter by cutting off the gas

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

But isn't it a huge surprise to see the EU unity fall apart at the first real test?"

Wasn't brexit a test of eu unity before this?

Which it passed

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

The EU and the way it does things reminds me of:

"What is a Camel?"

A racehorse designed by a committee.

However, with the EU you can usually substitute Camel for a Blackpool Donkey.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"So Italy protects Gucci and Prada ahead of children's lives. Putting a fashion item before saving a life is unforgivable. I hope every right minded person in the world remembers this! I cannot believe the Italian people support their governments refusal to properly punish Putin.

Reports were today that there are a lot of their are really angry about what their government have done

They would be a lot angrier if Russia turns off the heat and electric in winter by cutting off the gas"

He will probably still do it when he does not get his way.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"As I read it the Italian, Hungarian and German govts opposed the sanctions. "

The basic thing is they are at the moment ones against kick Russia out of the SWIFT banking system…

Italy and Germany have the most exposure to Russian bank debt … Hungary was always going to be interesting because it’s leader Orban is close to putin!

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Oligarchs got to be wearing the latest loafers yo.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

But isn't it a huge surprise to see the EU unity fall apart at the first real test?

Which it passed"

A good point well made.

nr faversham

Which it passed

A good point well made."

So a Brexit benefit???

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

If there was no EU, the whole continent would have been one hot mess and probably right now Pootin would have been waiting at the shores of Calais to cross over and invade us, to get so many countries, including the UK to agree on one action is hard enough, but flipping hell, they are getting their act together quick, and generally they are heading into the right direction. There really hasn't been any EU member saying they are supporting Pootin, Even Viktor Orban is even condemning the invasion. That's the power of the EU, push comes to shove they can act.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

So SWIFT payments for Russia will now be curtailed.

It's almost as if there was a discussion to work out how best to do it and understand the consequences? Perhaps even how to work around the fuel price increases and a side negotiation with Saudi to increase their supply?

It's almost as if this was quite a complex thing to do...

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"So SWIFT payments for Russia will now be curtailed.

It's almost as if there was a discussion to work out how best to do it and understand the consequences? Perhaps even how to work around the fuel price increases and a side negotiation with Saudi to increase their supply?

It's almost as if this was quite a complex thing to do..."

For once Easy I agree with you.

nr faversham

Gaxprombank not excluded from swift. Why?

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

"Gaxprombank not excluded from swift. Why? "

Europe would come to grinding halt and the politicians would be blamed.

nr faversham

"Gaxprombank not excluded from swift. Why?

Europe would come to grinding halt and the politicians would be blamed."

So much for solidarity with Ukraine

dudley

So much for solidarity with Ukraine "

Double standards and it stinks.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

So much for solidarity with Ukraine "

How much would you like gas and petrol prices to go up during a global inflation surge?

That's the reality of global diplomacy and politics.

What world do you live in?

Of course, the EU, US and China are key to the effectiveness of the sanctions. The UK is now, sadly, a marginal player except for if we tighten up our financial system to reduce the possibility of Russia bypassing all of this...

nr faversham

How much would you like gas and petrol prices to go up during a global inflation surge?

Of course, the EU, US and China are key to the effectiveness of the sanctions. The UK is now, sadly, a marginal player except for if we tighten up our financial system to reduce the possibility of Russia bypassing all of this..."

Not remotely BUT this is of Europe's making. All western leaders are to blame for pandering to Putin over the years since 2014. There were and are other options. And don't preach solidarity to a nation that is being invaded when your first concern is heating! And you mentioned China? They will do nothing to oppose Russia.

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

China's plan has fallen over, they edged the EU would not be united in its response, now it is, China has a dilemma.

Then there are the latest antics of Putin, they must be really worried now, Putin nucing the Chinese market place is not going to be good for Chinese business. Though they could don their nuclear suits and just help themselves to Russian oil and gas after the west's response.

Their abstention was great diplomacy, it gives them the option of jumping off the fence. They were told it would be over in a day and the EU would not galvanise, seeing it's still ongoing and the EU gave got it in one sock, I suspect they'll intervene in 24 hours and dump Putin. They know they will do more business with Putins replacement AND the western world.

Just hope Putin don't go with a big bang.

dudley

Of course, the EU, US and China are key to the effectiveness of the sanctions. The UK is now, sadly, a marginal player except for if we tighten up our financial system to reduce the possibility of Russia bypassing all of this..."

Whatever it costs to stop Mr putin from what he is doing I would pay the price.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"China's plan has fallen over, they edged the EU would not be united in its response, now it is, China has a dilemma.

Then there are the latest antics of Putin, they must be really worried now, Putin nucing the Chinese market place is not going to be good for Chinese business. Though they could don their nuclear suits and just help themselves to Russian oil and gas after the west's response.

Their abstention was great diplomacy, it gives them the option of jumping off the fence. They were told it would be over in a day and the EU would not galvanise, seeing it's still ongoing and the EU gave got it in one sock, I suspect they'll intervene in 24 hours and dump Putin. They know they will do more business with Putins replacement AND the western world.

Just hope Putin don't go with a big bang. "

Mutually Assured Destruction is the Doctrine, zero sum game, its not good to rule an irradiated wasteland.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"China's plan has fallen over, they edged the EU would not be united in its response, now it is, China has a dilemma.

Just hope Putin don't go with a big bang. "

Think you are right. China have been biding their time but their economy is heavily reliant on Western consumerism. They will eventually have to condemn Putin.

China probably a bit relieved too as “Vlad the Nutter” (TM) is pulling away any further potential attention from accidental Wuhan lab leaks.

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

China is a an expert trader, has been for thousands of years, their military will defend that trade, it means so much to them.

They are fast at learning from others mistakes, as for Taiwan I bet they are now looking to undercut every item made there to sink Taiwan commercially. They have seen just what the West is doing to Russia, and see that trade deals they can do could cause a lot of damage to Taiwan without shot being fired. Will anyone in the west care, nope as long as no one is dying they'll still buy the Chinese goods.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Surely it can be bypassed, by using bitcoin and the likes. Didn't Iran get round sanctions recently, by using that.

» Add a new message to this topic