FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Russia gets its arse kicked

Russia gets its arse kicked

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *akie32 OP   Man  over a year ago

winchester

great to see that a fource of russian special forces have been wiped out including nearly 60 tanks as they tried to take Kharkiv, Ukrains second city, what looked like an easy win for russia seems to becoming anything but, and now russia has been banned from SWIFT, and that will have far reaching implications for the country. im so pleased and long may they get thier arses handed to them.

Well done ukrain, my thoughts are with you

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The rat is most dangerous when its backed into a corner. He has been humiliated by the nation that hates the most... and for the whole world to see. Putler is fucking insane so its far from over...

* he hates the most, I meant... So its very personal for Putler

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

"The rat is most dangerous when its backed into a corner. He has been humiliated by the nation that hates the most... and for the whole world to see. Putler is fucking insane so its far from over... "

I agree. It wasn’t the easy victory that he thought it was going to be. Either Putin backs out (unlikely) or it is going to get very nasty.

From what I have read Putin has unleashed just under half of his amassed forces so far, with these humiliations he may order all into Ukraine, going to be a bloodbath

Where both your thoughts are as true as is seen, our thoughts should be with the innocence caught up in this unjustly attack and invasion.

Ukraine the brave!!!

Its like they learned nothing from Afghanistan in the 80s or when we had our turn you cant invade a country if you dont have the population onside and expect an easy victory

Its all on that putin psycho and his numpty generals just waiting for him to start the chem warfare

Truly horrifying scenes... What got me the most were images of cancer stricken kids in bomb shelters... Ruskis are fucking vermin

Animals attacks are more deadly when they’re backed into a corner.

A humiliated Vlad’ & has mob will attempt to raze Ukraine to the ground. If anything this is a more dangerous situation than if he’d been allowed to walk into Kyiv unchallenged.

"super power" my arse...

By *oyalmarine64Man  over a year ago

Alloa

I'm here on stand by to put the final nail in his coffin. Russia are not the mega force people thought they once were. Ukraine are holding strong and only getting pushed back by the severe amount of numbers not by tactics. If nato ever give the call to send us then Russia will truly be done. I for one hope they do, but that's me just looking for a fight with them haha

By *TMA that man againMan  over a year ago

worester

"Truly horrifying scenes... What got me the most were images of cancer stricken kids in bomb shelters... Ruskis are fucking vermin"

The "Ruskis"? Not the people, not the general population.

Just Putin, his inner circle of kleptocrats etc.

Sadly, despite large protests from many, most of the "Ruskis" are being fed a tissue of lies about a "liberation" . News outlets there banned from using words like war, invasion, attack etc...

winchester

I agree with all of your comments, but im so pleased that Putin isnt getting it all his own way, i have no dought that Russia will win, but its good to see the Ukrainians making it hard for them.

I do think alot of the blame lies with the western leaders tho, this invasion was always going to happen, and we should have done more, and sooner, but atleast sanctions are now happening. I think Putin hs mde a big misjudgment in this invasion, it does show how removed from reality he is.

I also think the russian army doesnt really have the heart for this war, however the Ukrainians will stop at nothing to defend themselves, and yes i feel for all involved.

I would be amazed if the russians dont take this into thier own hands and get rid of Putin tbh, they dont want a war

winchester

"I'm here on stand by to put the final nail in his coffin. Russia are not the mega force people thought they once were. Ukraine are holding strong and only getting pushed back by the severe amount of numbers not by tactics. If nato ever give the call to send us then Russia will truly be done. I for one hope they do, but that's me just looking for a fight with them haha "

Problem is that Ukraine isnt part of nato, so our hands are to a point tied

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

He can’t afford to lose this fight. He needs an outcome that will save him face and maintain His strong man image.

I can’t see an easy way out of this yet.

Until then Slava Ukraini!!

Sadly, despite large protests from many, most of the "Ruskis" are being fed a tissue of lies about a "liberation" . News outlets there banned from using words like war, invasion, attack etc...

Trust me, majority of russians / russian-speakers are all behind Putin and are justifying this invasion.

Until then Slava Ukraini!!

Geroyam Slava!!! Smert vorogam!!!

Alloa

"I'm here on stand by to put the final nail in his coffin. Russia are not the mega force people thought they once were. Ukraine are holding strong and only getting pushed back by the severe amount of numbers not by tactics. If nato ever give the call to send us then Russia will truly be done. I for one hope they do, but that's me just looking for a fight with them haha

Problem is that Ukraine isnt part of nato, so our hands are to a point tied"

Exactly why I'm still here waiting on nato to make a call or for Russia to step foot into Poland then we can rain down

By *agerMorganMan  over a year ago

Canvey Island

Putin has absolutely screwed himself with this attack. It’s gone from a “could win” to “need to win” otherwise he’s out of office.

The worst part is that the Russians are moving extremely heavy artillery in towards Kyiv, which may indicate a repeat of Georgia where they bombard and flatten it

But I’m happy to see the Ukrainians putting up fierce resistance & taking the fight back to them.

"The rat is most dangerous when its backed into a corner. He has been humiliated by the nation that hates the most... and for the whole world to see. Putler is fucking insane so its far from over... "

Don't believe the BBC or the UK governments view on this. They say they have reporters all over Ukraine, but its funny how none have seen anything that they are reporting.

If Russia really want to, they can flatten Ukraine in minutes, as for the UK, London is run by Russians so they won't do that much except talk the talk while receiving billions a year of Russian billionaires.

Canvey Island

"Don't believe the BBC or the UK governments view on this. They say they have reporters all over Ukraine, but its funny how none have seen anything that they are reporting.

If Russia really want to, they can flatten Ukraine in minutes, as for the UK, London is run by Russians so they won't do that much except talk the talk while receiving billions a year of Russian billionaires. "

what? You genuinely think the reporters are going to casually pop their head out during a bombardment?

Geez.

Out of office? Who's will sack him? He's a dictator. No one voted him into power.

What bombardment?

Canvey Island

Ah I see, you’re one of those “if I can’t see it, it hasn’t happened” types.

Cheerio.

Yes I do. They were on the front line in Northern Ireland, Afghanistan and Syria, so why not in Ukraine?

If Russia really want to, they can flatten Ukraine in minutes, as for the UK..

They really want to... and have been trying to do so for the last 4 days only to get their arses kicked by Ukrainians.

2800 Ruskis dead and 200 captured

By *losguygl3Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

"What bombardment? "

Oh good grief… ‘there’s nothing to see, nothing to see, move along now, move along’…

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

"If Russia really want to, they can flatten Ukraine in minutes, as for the UK..

They really want to... and have been trying to do so for the last 4 days only to get their arses kicked by Ukrainians.

2800 Ruskis dead and 200 captured"

Absolutely. Can't believe what I can't see. Ghosts, UFOs and fairies. Use Google maps and take a look for yourself.

Canvey Island

Did they confirm that number in the end? Did see a tally closer to 3000 and 800 captured. Even so, that’s astonishing!

Thats the official info from yesterday

Canvey Island

"Thats the official info from yesterday "

Wow! That’s staggering losses on Russia.

Who told you that? 138 Ukrainian people dead. Do you believe that as well?

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"Yes I do. They were on the front line in Northern Ireland, Afghanistan and Syria, so why not in Ukraine? "

Where was the front line in Northern Ireland?

"Absolutely. Can't believe what I can't see. Ghosts, UFOs and fairies. Use Google maps and take a look for yourself."

Use the Reply + quote button

Cheltenham

"Absolutely. Can't believe what I can't see. Ghosts, UFOs and fairies. Use Google maps and take a look for yourself."

You do realise that Google maps is NOT a real time thing? The picture of my house was updated three years ago.

Not sure why your point is?

winchester

"Out of office? Who's will sack him? He's a dictator. No one voted him into power. "

im hoping a bullet might sort that one out

Where are these numbers reported?

By *ighty_tightyMan  over a year ago

Norfolk/Suffolk

"Don't believe the BBC or the UK governments view on this. They say they have reporters all over Ukraine, but its funny how none have seen anything that they are reporting.

If Russia really want to, they can flatten Ukraine in minutes, as for the UK, London is run by Russians so they won't do that much except talk the talk while receiving billions a year of Russian billionaires. "

You've not seen the row of blown up tanks, the downed helicopters? The BBC are also showing the Ukraine losses too, the vehicles they have lost.

Agreed, Russia could flatten Ukraine but that's not what Putin claims he wants. He's a liberator in his eyes, no point liberating people who have no homes or are dead.

"I'm here on stand by to put the final nail in his coffin. Russia are not the mega force people thought they once were. Ukraine are holding strong and only getting pushed back by the severe amount of numbers not by tactics. If nato ever give the call to send us then Russia will truly be done. I for one hope they do, but that's me just looking for a fight with them haha

Exactly why I'm still here waiting on nato to make a call or for Russia to step foot into Poland then we can rain down "

My son on standby for Poland

winchester

"Yes I do. They were on the front line in Northern Ireland, Afghanistan and Syria, so why not in Ukraine?

Where was the front line in Northern Ireland?"

Where is the front line in Ukraine? In Ukraine locals are called militia. In Ireland they were terrorists. The front line was everywhere. Different from day to day.

"great to see that a fource of russian special forces have been wiped out including nearly 60 tanks as they tried to take Kharkiv, Ukrains second city, what looked like an easy win for russia seems to becoming anything but, and now russia has been banned from SWIFT, and that will have far reaching implications for the country. im so pleased and long may they get thier arses handed to them.

Well done ukrain, my thoughts are with you"

Ukrainians are being killed /wounded, not Americans take note

Do you speak russian or Ukrainian? I can send you links

Norfolk/Suffolk

"Who told you that? 138 Ukrainian people dead. Do you believe that as well?"

The Ukrainian government are releasing their losses daily.

The Russians claim they haven't lost a thing. They have shut down social media so the Russians can't see what's happening from a westerner perspective.

One side is being open and honest with the world, the other has its red blinkers on

If Russia really want to, they can flatten Ukraine in minutes, as for the UK, London is run by Russians so they won't do that much except talk the talk while receiving billions a year of Russian billionaires.

You've not seen the row of blown up tanks, the downed helicopters? The BBC are also showing the Ukraine losses too, the vehicles they have lost.

Agreed, Russia could flatten Ukraine but that's not what Putin claims he wants. He's a liberator in his eyes, no point liberating people who have no homes or are dead."

Yes I've seen the pictures. Training ground exercises. Its called propaganda.

By *ornywelsh2sumCouple  over a year ago

Neath valley.

"Truly horrifying scenes... What got me the most were images of cancer stricken kids in bomb shelters... Ruskis are fucking vermin

Sadly, despite large protests from many, most of the "Ruskis" are being fed a tissue of lies about a "liberation" . News outlets there banned from using words like war, invasion, attack etc..."

We get the same news isolstion here and get fed shit. Remember saddam hussain abd his weapons of mass distructuon bollocks we were fed. News are the gutter snipes also.the russian people dont want this war.

By *hil911Man  over a year ago

Solihull

Well at least the OP is in the best place, waiting for it to blow over.

Norfolk/Suffolk

Agreed, Russia could flatten Ukraine but that's not what Putin claims he wants. He's a liberator in his eyes, no point liberating people who have no homes or are dead.

Yes I've seen the pictures. Training ground exercises. Its called propaganda. "

Totally agree. There's propaganda in all wars.

There are also those that are deluded and blind

winchester

kicking them out of swift has stopped russian money coming or even staying in the uk, they cant even fly into the country ow, Putin has made Russia a paria, thats why i Hope Putins once friends , who make alot of money in the west, will get rid of him, nothing talkes louder than rich men looking to get richer, and hes stopping that, that maybe his down fall, well i hope so people like Abromavitch, spelling, have made alot of money in the west, they wont like this being stopped, they only cossied up to Putin as long as he helped them make money, and lets not forget they are mainly maffia, so not above dissapering someone who stops laying the golden eggs

Yes I've seen the pictures. Training ground exercises. Its called propaganda. "

Where have you seen the pictures?

"Who told you that? 138 Ukrainian people dead. Do you believe that as well?

The Russians claim they haven't lost a thing. They have shut down social media so the Russians can't see what's happening from a westerner perspective.

One side is being open and honest with the world, the other has its red blinkers on"

Which is which? I bet 2 or 3 weeks ago you wouldn't believe a single word from the UK government, but now ????

198 Ukrainians killed including children. Over 1000 wounded

"

Do you speak russian or Ukrainian? I can send you links"

No I can't.

Where have you seen the pictures?"

On all uk news channels. 4 or 5 videos or photos, constantly on a loop. Have you seen the one with the bloke with an anti tank missile launcher yet? Have a look.

winchester

"Well at least the OP is in the best place, waiting for it to blow over. "

Thanks for that, you know nothing about me or my family, or what im doing to assist, i have family in both Russia and Ukrain, what do you want a dissabled nr 50yearold guy do do apart from open my doors to anyone who needs it. I cant fight, if i was 20 years younger i would be there now, all i can do in reallity is hurt them in the pocket, but that just hurts normal Russian people, who dont really diserve it, thats why i pay tax, so those able to fight and help in that way can, that is how socioty works.

Thank you for your usefull insite, very helpfull

Cheltenham

On all uk news channels. 4 or 5 videos or photos, constantly on a loop. Have you seen the one with the bloke with an anti tank missile launcher yet? Have a look. "

What is your view on the audio of the Russian warship being told to fuck off by the border guards on Snake Island and then blowing them to pieces? Is that propaganda too?

Kyiv Post is in English: www.kyivpost.com

If Russia really want to, they can flatten Ukraine in minutes, as for the UK, London is run by Russians so they won't do that much except talk the talk while receiving billions a year of Russian billionaires. kicking them out of swift has stopped russian money coming or even staying in the uk, they cant even fly into the country ow, Putin has made Russia a paria, thats why i Hope Putins once friends , who make alot of money in the west, will get rid of him, nothing talkes louder than rich men looking to get richer, and hes stopping that, that maybe his down fall, well i hope so people like Abromavitch, spelling, have made alot of money in the west, they wont like this being stopped, they only cossied up to Putin as long as he helped them make money, and lets not forget they are mainly maffia, so not above dissapering someone who stops laying the golden eggs"

They've not kicked any Russians out of the yet. Even the Russian embassy is open

winchester

"Well at least the OP is in the best place, waiting for it to blow over. "

May i ask how you are helping???

On all uk news channels. 4 or 5 videos or photos, constantly on a loop. Have you seen the one with the bloke with an anti tank missile launcher yet? Have a look.

What is your view on the audio of the Russian warship being told to fuck off by the border guards on Snake Island and then blowing them to pieces? Is that propaganda too?"

What boarder guards? And who's blown up a Russian war ship? Definitely not Ukraine. They have no warships.

winchester

"

They've not kicked any Russians out of the yet. Even the Russian embassy is open "

From what ive read they have been removed from SWIFT, and as for kicking them out, it does take time unless we are actually at war with them, and until nato steps in then it will take time, if however the russians invade a nato country then it all changes, and Putin knows this, this is why he hasnt done so yet, it would be alot easyer if he did, but im not sure even he is that crazy

Alloa

Exactly why I'm still here waiting on nato to make a call or for Russia to step foot into Poland then we can rain down

My son on standby for Poland "

Don't worry too much he will be fine

What is your view on the audio of the Russian warship being told to fuck off by the border guards on Snake Island and then blowing them to pieces? Is that propaganda too?

What boarder guards? And who's blown up a Russian war ship? Definitely not Ukraine. They have no warships. "

She was referring to a Russian warship who bombed a unit of Ukrainian border guards on an island they refused to surrender on.

As you are so sceptical on everything, what are your views on what is actually happening? I agree not to believe everything you read especially from certain media, but you seem to not believe anything at all.

What boarder guards? And who's blown up a Russian war ship? Definitely not Ukraine. They have no warships.

She was referring to a Russian warship who bombed a unit of Ukrainian border guards on an island they refused to surrender on.

As you are so sceptical on everything, what are your views on what is actually happening? I agree not to believe everything you read especially from certain media, but you seem to not believe anything at all."

It was an audio.. not proof of anything.

An yes I'm sceptical, absolutely. And you believe the BBC and uk government?

As you are so sceptical on everything, what are your views on what is actually happening? I agree not to believe everything you read especially from certain media, but you seem to not believe anything at all."

I think Russia is a bully that should have been stopped years ago but Britain had other ideas. Let's take in as many Russians as possible. The war in Ukraine has been happening for 10 years. Didn't hear people complaining until last week.

As you are so sceptical on everything, what are your views on what is actually happening? I agree not to believe everything you read especially from certain media, but you seem to not believe anything at all.

I think Russia is a bully that should have been stopped years ago but Britain had other ideas. Let's take in as many Russians as possible. The war in Ukraine has been happening for 10 years. Didn't hear people complaining until last week. "

Russia has carried out 2 (yes 2) chemical attacks in the UK. What did Britain do about this? Nowt. Zilch. Fk All. Funny what people forget. We should have sent the RAF to Moscow then.

Norfolk/Suffolk

One side is being open and honest with the world, the other has its red blinkers on

Which is which? I bet 2 or 3 weeks ago you wouldn't believe a single word from the UK government, but now ???? "

I'm not as sceptical as you are. I look at everything and judge it on merit. I'm British, I like to believe the British government rather than an egomaniac that invaded a country 8 years ago and has just decided to try and take it over all because it wants to be more westernised.

"Truly horrifying scenes... What got me the most were images of cancer stricken kids in bomb shelters... Ruskis are fucking vermin"

I wouldn't blame the Russian people, nations aren't evil individuals are good or bad whatever nationality.

I did my best as a medic to to help anyone wounded, troops kids, babies

I take no pleasure in anyone killed, regardless of natjonality

Norfolk/Suffolk

I think Russia is a bully that should have been stopped years ago but Britain had other ideas. Let's take in as many Russians as possible. The war in Ukraine has been happening for 10 years. Didn't hear people complaining until last week.

Russia has carried out 2 (yes 2) chemical attacks in the UK. What did Britain do about this? Nowt. Zilch. Fk All. Funny what people forget. We should have sent the RAF to Moscow then."

Those two attacks, do you think they are the only ones that Russia has committed on foreign soil? Do you think that the UK hasn't done something similar that just isn't public knowledge.

Espionage goes on behind closed doors all the time. For whatever reason these two attacks were more public than others. Sending the RAF against an airforce that outnumbers us 5 to one isn't exactly logical

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

"Yes I do. They were on the front line in Northern Ireland, Afghanistan and Syria, so why not in Ukraine?

Where was the front line in Northern Ireland?

Where is the front line in Ukraine? In Ukraine locals are called militia. In Ireland they were terrorists. The front line was everywhere. Different from day to day. "

In Ukraine locals are called hero's for fighting an invading force bent on killing civilians.

Also called that in ireland pal

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Where are these numbers reported?"

They are not…. The Russian defence ministry are not releasing any official figures for soldiers being killed or injured….

So that is probably not a good sign

But those numbers are probably coming from the Ukrainian defence ministry… so take with a pinch of salt

Which is which? I bet 2 or 3 weeks ago you wouldn't believe a single word from the UK government, but now ????

I'm not as sceptical as you are. I look at everything and judge it on merit. I'm British, I like to believe the British government rather than an egomaniac that invaded a country 8 years ago and has just decided to try and take it over all because it wants to be more westernised."

I am with you on this

They are not…. The Russian defence ministry are not releasing any official figures for soldiers being killed or injured….

But those numbers are probably coming from the Ukrainian defence ministry… so take with a pinch of salt "

Why not a good sign that Russia aren't releasing numbers?

Agree that news will be skewed to benefit whoever is reporting it.

Norfolk/Suffolk

But those numbers are probably coming from the Ukrainian defence ministry… so take with a pinch of salt

Agree that news will be skewed to benefit whoever is reporting it. "

The Russians won't report losses, they do not show weakness. If the public see how badly it is going there will be protests

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"Thats the official info from yesterday "

I think that's the "official" figures from the Ukraine department of propaganda.

It's good to see the advance has been stalled but it's never an occasion to celebrate deaths.

It's good to see the advance has been stalled but it's never an occasion to celebrate deaths.

I beg to differ. They came to kill, and got what they deserved. Animals

I think that's the "official" figures from the Ukraine department of propaganda.

Propaganda of what? How dare you???

winchester

"

I beg to differ. They came to kill, and got what they deserved. Animals"

I would agreewith you, but i wander how many of the actual Russian troops being killed really have thier hearts in the fight, i susspect not, i do feel abit sorry for them, i would expext most are under duress of some sort to fight

I would agreewith you, but i wander how many of the actual Russian troops being killed really have thier hearts in the fight, i susspect not, i do feel abit sorry for them, i would expext most are under duress of some sort to fight..

Ukrainians are kind-hearted unlike russians or chechens so will send them back or exchange eventually.

You can't help but feel sorry for 20 something lads though. But again, they are the enemy - not exactly the time to get emotional. The nation is trying to survive

winchester

"

I would agreewith you, but i wander how many of the actual Russian troops being killed really have thier hearts in the fight, i susspect not, i do feel abit sorry for them, i would expext most are under duress of some sort to fight..

Ukrainians are kind-hearted unlike russians or chechens so will send them back or exchange eventually.

You can't help but feel sorry for 20 something lads though. But again, they are the enemy - not exactly the time to get emotional. The nation is trying to survive "

i was on about the russian soldiers not the ukrainians, they are protecting their home, and i would do the same,

on a side note i seems this has been moved out of the lounge and is under a politics sub forum that i cant see unless i click on topics ive posted on? whats going on there?

winchester

ah just seen the politics, forum burried down in the countries list, could it be moved up so its more noticable please mods, like next to the virus forum?

i was on about the russian soldiers not the ukrainians, they are protecting their home, and i would do the same...

So was I. Plenty of videos of young russians captured and being interrogated by Ukrainians. Some of them were shown talking on the phone to their parents who were equally shocked to find out their sons were in Ukraine.

By *esYesOMGYes!Man  over a year ago

M20

A large chunk of Ukrainians consider themselves at the heart of Russian bloodline. Reason being, the area the Ukraine and Belarus covers was seat that grew become greater Russia. To many Ukrainians and Russians, the Ukraine is as Russian as London is English.

To many Ukrainians and Russians, the Ukraine is as Russian as London is English.

Ukraine is Ukrainian majority of population are bilingual but that does not make them russian.

all around

"I think that's the "official" figures from the Ukraine department of propaganda.

Propaganda of what? How dare you??? "

Lol

Agree that news will be skewed to benefit whoever is reporting it.

The Russians won't report losses, they do not show weakness. If the public see how badly it is going there will be protests"

"

I beg to differ. They came to kill, and got what they deserved. Animals

I would agreewith you, but i wander how many of the actual Russian troops being killed really have thier hearts in the fight, i susspect not, i do feel abit sorry for them, i would expext most are under duress of some sort to fight"

They are still people.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Can’t believe anyone is actually trying to defend, or at least excuse, an armed invasion of another state.

Very happy to see the hacker collective Anonymous have taken over all Russian state TV channels and started broadcasting actual footage showing what the Russians are doing (ie targeting civilians and state infrastructure not just military targets).

Anonymous have also taken down Russian state websites, switched off a gas supply, released millions of Govt emails held in Belarus and they have only just started etc etc.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"I'm here on stand by to put the final nail in his coffin. Russia are not the mega force people thought they once were. Ukraine are holding strong and only getting pushed back by the severe amount of numbers not by tactics. If nato ever give the call to send us then Russia will truly be done. I for one hope they do, but that's me just looking for a fight with them haha "

What are you waiting for? Liz Truss says it's ok for you to go and you know you'll be made welcome.

Or are you just full of talk?

all around

"Can’t believe anyone is actually trying to defend, or at least excuse, an armed invasion of another state.

Very happy to see the hacker collective Anonymous have taken over all Russian state TV channels and started broadcasting actual footage showing what the Russians are doing (ie targeting civilians and state infrastructure not just military targets).

Anonymous have also taken down Russian state websites, switched off a gas supply, released millions of Govt emails held in Belarus and they have only just started etc etc."

I don't think anyone is defending or excusing an invasion.

Support for Ukraine is unanimous but that doesn't justify celebration of unnecessary deaths on either side even if the cause is justified.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Can’t believe anyone is actually trying to defend, or at least excuse, an armed invasion of another state.

Anonymous have also taken down Russian state websites, switched off a gas supply, released millions of Govt emails held in Belarus and they have only just started etc etc."

That’s great and now the whole world will see just what Belarus has been up to and just how complicit they are

winchester

thing that worries me , Putin has the big red button, if it goes badly for him, who knows what he will do? i hope his generals wont let him, but you never know

Brighton

Anonymous have also taken down Russian state websites, switched off a gas supply, released millions of Govt emails held in Belarus and they have only just started etc etc.

Support for Ukraine is unanimous but that doesn't justify celebration of unnecessary deaths on either side even if the cause is justified."

Nope pretty sure I have seen plenty of posts across these forums blaming Nato expansion or EU expansion etc etc basically anything except blaming Putin for ordering a hot war. That’s excusing in my book.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Support for Ukraine is unanimous but that doesn't justify celebration of unnecessary deaths on either side even if the cause is justified.

Nope pretty sure I have seen plenty of posts across these forums blaming Nato expansion or EU expansion etc etc basically anything except blaming Putin for ordering a hot war. That’s excusing in my book."

The steps are pretty simple to see.

Excusing = Sympathy = Collaboration = Treason.

Norfolk/Suffolk

Nope pretty sure I have seen plenty of posts across these forums blaming Nato expansion or EU expansion etc etc basically anything except blaming Putin for ordering a hot war. That’s excusing in my book."

Not exactly.

Ukraine recently voted to look into joint NATO.

Russia didn't want this

Russia annexed Crimea and the Doonbos.

NATO is the part of the issue but not NATO themselves.

Gloucestershire

Nope pretty sure I have seen plenty of posts across these forums blaming Nato expansion or EU expansion etc etc basically anything except blaming Putin for ordering a hot war. That’s excusing in my book.

Not exactly.

Russia didn't want this

NATO is the part of the issue but not NATO themselves."

Is this a Russian bot?

all around

Excusing = Sympathy = Collaboration = Treason. "

You're confusing analysis with excusing, an easy thing to do

Bristol

NATO is just the excuse he is using this has been planned long before they expressed an interest in joining Nato.

He is worried because more and more Russians are looking towards western values and not his outdated autocracy

By *ity_BoyMan  over a year ago

London

People calling for our armed forces to fight in Ukraine are stupid.

If UK armed forces enter Ukraine to fight Russian then it triggers article 5 as it's considered that Russia is attacking the UK. This will then trigger World War 3.

NATO is a defensive pact. Joining NATO does not threaten neighbouring countries, as long as they don't attempt to attack a NATO country. You cannot blame NATO for Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Norfolk/Suffolk

Not exactly.

Russia didn't want this

NATO is the part of the issue but not NATO themselves.

Is this a Russian bot?"

Would a Russian bot be speaking negatively of the motherland?

Brighton

You're confusing analysis with excusing, an easy thing to do "

Context is everything. Putin’s paranoia and imperialistic designs to recreate a territorial equivalent of Stalin’s USSR is what drives this. He assumes NATO is an offensive rather than defensive organisation. Where any sane person would realise that a country wanting to join NATO (and in Ukraine’s case not having actually joined) was in order to protect their security not attack Russia. If Russia is not aggressive then there is nothing to fear from NATO. Claiming otherwise does indeed smack of Russian (Putin) sympathies. Putin is the aggressor here. Nobody attacked Russia or harmed Russian citizens.

Gloucestershire

[Removed by poster at 27/02/22 13:51:59]

Bristol

"People calling for our armed forces to fight in Ukraine are stupid.

If UK armed forces enter Ukraine to fight Russian then it triggers article 5 as it's considered that Russia is attacking the UK. This will then trigger World War 3.

NATO is a defensive pact. Joining NATO does not threaten neighbouring countries, as long as they don't attempt to attack a NATO country. You cannot blame NATO for Russia's invasion of Ukraine."

Exactly this until he by his actions involves a nato country no action can be taken by military forces.

Nothing in the rules says that member and non member states cannot provide help with arms and emergency supplies.

Putin threatening Sweden and Finland will only drive them closer to joining nato because to not means they will be another target later on down the line

Gloucestershire

Context is everything. Putin’s paranoia and imperialistic designs to recreate a territorial equivalent of Stalin’s USSR is what drives this. He assumes NATO is an offensive rather than defensive organisation. Where any sane person would realise that a country wanting to join NATO (and in Ukraine’s case not having actually joined) was in order to protect their security not attack Russia. If Russia is not aggressive then there is nothing to fear from NATO. Claiming otherwise does indeed smack of Russian (Putin) sympathies. Putin is the aggressor here. Nobody attacked Russia or harmed Russian citizens."

No one wants to invade Russia! Let’s be clear here.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Now he's put his nuclear deterrent on high alert. This fuckwit is really starting to lose the plot.

Ayr

"thing that worries me , Putin has the big red button, if it goes badly for him, who knows what he will do? i hope his generals wont let him, but you never know"

It's highly unlikely that any of the officers under him would carry out such an order, were he to give it.

If he were to issue it, there would almost certainly be a coup.

That said, who replaces him? I've said it before - he's Don Corleone and there's no Michael to succeed him.

all around

Context is everything. Putin’s paranoia and imperialistic designs to recreate a territorial equivalent of Stalin’s USSR is what drives this. He assumes NATO is an offensive rather than defensive organisation. Where any sane person would realise that a country wanting to join NATO (and in Ukraine’s case not having actually joined) was in order to protect their security not attack Russia. If Russia is not aggressive then there is nothing to fear from NATO. Claiming otherwise does indeed smack of Russian (Putin) sympathies. Putin is the aggressor here. Nobody attacked Russia or harmed Russian citizens."

Maybe I missed a post somewhere but nobody as far as I can see is "claiming" anything, we (including you) are having a discussion. Trying to stifle the discussion is exactly what Putin does.

Free speech and freedom of thought are what supporting Ukraine is supposed to be about after all.

I could be wrong as I'm not as interested as some but didn't Putin claim that Ukraine joining NATO would allow NATO forces and weapons to be deployed in the Russian borders and probably allowed him to whip up support internally for his invasion ?

It doesn't matter if it is right or wrong it's not "supporting Russia" to ask these questions

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

Just to throw something else in. Russia was/is paying Ukraine a historical $2bn a year as a result of running gas through it. On top of it being a top corn, wheat and barley producer it is a metal producing nation. Russia have a GDP equivalent to Italy and per capita equivalent to that of Chile, Panama and Croatia ($25,763)

Russia has a lot to gain by treating this as a political war - we should realise wars are rarely about that what we are told.

Bristol

Yes it’s all about money, him and his mates would strip the country and get even richer while the population will get poorer

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 27/02/22 14:29:03]

Ayr

NATO is a defensive pact. Joining NATO does not threaten neighbouring countries, as long as they don't attempt to attack a NATO country. You cannot blame NATO for Russia's invasion of Ukraine."

Indeed. I think another question worth asking is this:

How many of the outraged people contributing to all the various forums regarding this subject have come to their outrage just this week; or if they've been angry about it since Crimea was annexed?

IF you did give a shit (and it's a big if) before this week - did you do anything to get your MP, particularly if he/she was a member of the ruling Tory party, to do anything about sanctioning Putin, or stopping dirty Russian money buying up property in London?

If you did - well done you. If you didn't - spare us all your anger.

Like it or not, your Government's complacency - assented to by you (if you voted Tory) contributed to the circumstances that led us to where we are now.

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

NATO is a defensive pact. Joining NATO does not threaten neighbouring countries, as long as they don't attempt to attack a NATO country. You cannot blame NATO for Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Indeed. I think another question worth asking is this:

How many of the outraged people contributing to all the various forums regarding this subject have come to their outrage just this week; or if they've been angry about it since Crimea was annexed?

IF you did give a shit (and it's a big if) before this week - did you do anything to get your MP, particularly if he/she was a member of the ruling Tory party, to do anything about sanctioning Putin, or stopping dirty Russian money buying up property in London?

If you did - well done you. If you didn't - spare us all your anger.

Like it or not, your Government's complacency - assented to by you (if you voted Tory) contributed to the circumstances that led us to where we are now."

Maybe invasion is a line in the sand.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Well I for one am absolutely terrified by the news reports of the special nuclear action being put in place by Putin.

He is saying that it's due to alleged threat's by NATO.

It appears that he is at the point of no return.

I just hope that the Russian people can join together to get him out of office before something truly terrible happens.

Fingers crossed a general or a close aid Will have enough guts to lock him up before it's too late.

We are on the brink

"Well I for one am absolutely terrified by the news reports of the special nuclear action being put in place by Putin.

I just hope that the Russian people can join together to get him out of office before something truly terrible happens.

Fingers crossed a general or a close aid Will have enough guts to lock him up before it's too late.

We are on the brink "

Thankfully we have our own nuclear weapons too

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Well I for one am absolutely terrified by the news reports of the special nuclear action being put in place by Putin.

We are on the brink

Thankfully we have our own nuclear weapons too "

Great more dead innocent civilians.

Norfolk/Suffolk

We are on the brink "

Are we?

He's just repeating the threat he's already made.

If he was serious would he really have given two warnings? He would have just kept quiet and hit the big red button when he felt the need.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

We are on the brink "

i can't see it happening but with the vasy majority of the military 'out of town' then this would be the optimum time for a backlash from the people.

We are on the brink

Great more dead innocent civilians."

Would you like him to nuke us and we not retaliate?

Brighton

Context is everything. Putin’s paranoia and imperialistic designs to recreate a territorial equivalent of Stalin’s USSR is what drives this. He assumes NATO is an offensive rather than defensive organisation. Where any sane person would realise that a country wanting to join NATO (and in Ukraine’s case not having actually joined) was in order to protect their security not attack Russia. If Russia is not aggressive then there is nothing to fear from NATO. Claiming otherwise does indeed smack of Russian (Putin) sympathies. Putin is the aggressor here. Nobody attacked Russia or harmed Russian citizens.

Maybe I missed a post somewhere but nobody as far as I can see is "claiming" anything, we (including you) are having a discussion. Trying to stifle the discussion is exactly what Putin does.

Free speech and freedom of thought are what supporting Ukraine is supposed to be about after all.

I could be wrong as I'm not as interested as some but didn't Putin claim that Ukraine joining NATO would allow NATO forces and weapons to be deployed in the Russian borders and probably allowed him to whip up support internally for his invasion ?

It doesn't matter if it is right or wrong it's not "supporting Russia" to ask these questions"

Check across various threads and also wider social media. The Putin apologists are out there. They aren’t “asking questions” they are stating it is the fault of others (but not Putin). There has been no provocation that warrants the invasion of another state.

Gloucestershire

It doesn't matter if it is right or wrong it's not "supporting Russia" to ask these questions"

Ah! the Tucker Carlson defence. Ask questions in such away to remove yourself from liability as it’s a question not a statement.

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

It doesn't matter if it is right or wrong it's not "supporting Russia" to ask these questions

Check across various threads and also wider social media. The Putin apologists are out there. They aren’t “asking questions” they are stating it is the fault of others (but not Putin). There has been no provocation that warrants the invasion of another state."

Very true, if you delve into the posts on Ukraine earlier in the week you will find some posters who were blaming NATO and the West for everything and believing the bullshit Russian propaganda, hell they even believed that Russian forces invading would reduce the bloodshed in Ukraine.

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

The people of Russia are not the issue. I know Russians and this is not them, nor have they sought war.

Only ONE PERSON in Russia is the problem, not the population, who get put in prison everytime they protest. Putin is vermin, the vast majority of Russians are honest decent people with no voice.

Bristol

"Truly horrifying scenes... What got me the most were images of cancer stricken kids in bomb shelters... Ruskis are fucking vermin

The people of Russia are not the issue. I know Russians and this is not them, nor have they sought war.

Only ONE PERSON in Russia is the problem, not the population, who get put in prison everytime they protest. Putin is vermin, the vast majority of Russians are honest decent people with no voice."

Yup totally this

Near on his whole county is dismayed at what is happening not in their name

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

none compliance gets you locked up in any country, insulate Britain members got locked up for protesting and the majority of people agree with their stance.

Longridge

We've had these threats before.

There is a time to accept your fate. If, a big if, although very possible that Putin decides to take it to this level then there is little you or I can do about it.

Having lived as a child through the thick of the 80s Cold War where USSR was going to nuke us with a 3 minute warning.

My only hope is should this be the case, is that on the day the submarines surface and BBC Radio 4 is silent, that Boris ticked the "Retaliate" option on the form he filled out when he became PM and the guys start and finish the job to its conclusion..

If Putin's intention is Murder-Suicide then that is exactly what he gets.

One thing we cannot do, is change anything, so think straight and plan as best you can.

At least in the 70s, we had 'protect and survive" books sent. I'd not expect this government to try to prepare the country for nuclear strike.

I think I'll dig out Frankie Goes T Hollywood's - Tow Tribes. "If you grandmother should die whilst in the shelter - put her outside bitbdont forget to tag her for identification purposes".

Striking features is Putin's intention, don't let him win...

Longridge

"none compliance gets you locked up in any country, insulate Britain members got locked up for protesting and the majority of people agree with their stance."

The problem with IB was blocking roads, risking peoples lives on motorways - not the issues they were highlighting or fact they were protesting.

Bristol

"none compliance gets you locked up in any country, insulate Britain members got locked up for protesting and the majority of people agree with their stance."

Not even in the same league

dudley

"none compliance gets you locked up in any country, insulate Britain members got locked up for protesting and the majority of people agree with their stance.

Not even in the same league "

So protesting to protect the environment and bring awerness gets you locked up, what are the authorities afraid of, I will tell you, none compliance is infectious.

all around

Ah! the Tucker Carlson defence. Ask questions in such away to remove yourself from liability as it’s a question not a statement.

"

As far as I understand asking questions on a forum is fine as is stating opinions, attacking other people for their posts isn't.

By *ity_BoyMan  over a year ago

London

"none compliance gets you locked up in any country, insulate Britain members got locked up for protesting and the majority of people agree with their stance.

So protesting to protect the environment and bring awerness gets you locked up, what are the authorities afraid of, I will tell you, none compliance is infectious."

They weren't locked up for their beliefs or protesting about the environment.

They were locked up for causing disruption to major infrastructure.

Gloucestershire

So protesting to protect the environment and bring awerness gets you locked up, what are the authorities afraid of, I will tell you, none compliance is infectious."

And why we have the right to vote, if protesters in this democracy want to implement change then they better do it by the ballot box, not once have I seen any of these campaigners knock on the door of local people in their respective areas. They automatically jump from step 1 to step 4 without going through steps 2 and 3. They think that mobilising support is how many likes they get on Facebook or Instagram is an indication of mass support. If people are so committed to the causes they want then do it though the proper channels like writing to their MP to raise these important questions.

All people get fed these days if you don't like something cause disruption on a mass scale or invade a country. Doesn't matter if your MP isn't the one you voted for, they are your MP and they represent all constituents not whatever amount supported them in the GE.

By *orianGrey200Man  over a year ago

birmingham

This war was started by the West years ago, we learned nothing from the history books.

Bristol

Rubbish

Can you imagine what would happen in Russia if someone glued their hands to the road ?

Here they check the Wally is ok

In Russia they would just pull their hands away leaving a good layer of skin on the floor.

Nothing to do with non compliance it’s to do with stopping everyone else going about their legal business

Bristol

"This war was started by the West years ago, we learned nothing from the history books."

So the west made Putin who he is today ?

Explain I’m sure we’re all keen to be enlightened

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

"This war was started by the West years ago, we learned nothing from the history books.

So the west made Putin who he is today ?

Explain I’m sure we’re all keen to be enlightened "

Sorry to disappoint you but people of russia and russian-speakers from Baltic states are all behind him and supported him all through invasion of S. Ossetia, annexation of Crimea and Donbass. Just join one of the russian speaking groups on FB and see for yourself. Also, the amount of "aquafresh" flags on FB accounts supporting invasion of Ukraine speaks for its.

*itself

Bristol

"

Sorry to disappoint you but people of russia and russian-speakers from Baltic states are all behind him and supported him all through invasion of S. Ossetia, annexation of Crimea and Donbass. Just join one of the russian speaking groups on FB and see for yourself. Also, the amount of "aquafresh" flags on FB accounts supporting invasion of Ukraine speaks for its."

This is Facebook we are talking about, Putins favourite way to spread misinformation

Literally thousands of fake profiles spouting crap!

Gloucestershire

"This war was started by the West years ago, we learned nothing from the history books."

Please provide the narrative which led you to this conclusion please.

Gloucestershire

"

Sorry to disappoint you but people of russia and russian-speakers from Baltic states are all behind him and supported him all through invasion of S. Ossetia, annexation of Crimea and Donbass. Just join one of the russian speaking groups on FB and see for yourself. Also, the amount of "aquafresh" flags on FB accounts supporting invasion of Ukraine speaks for its."

The day I use Facebook as a place to obtain factual information from, is the day I sprout wings and fly.

This is Facebook we are talking about, Putins favourite way to spread misinformation

They were no fakes, unfortunately...

Gloucestershire

"

They were no fakes, unfortunately..."

Personally Met all these souls? had a cup of tea with them?

Bristol

"

They were no fakes, unfortunately..."

There are thousands of them

I know of at least 1 right now

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

[Removed by poster at 27/02/22 20:29:12]

I haven't personally, but we did have mutual acquaintances... They were 100% real people

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"great to see that a fource of russian special forces have been wiped out including nearly 60 tanks as they tried to take Kharkiv, Ukrains second city, what looked like an easy win for russia seems to becoming anything but, and now russia has been banned from SWIFT, and that will have far reaching implications for the country. im so pleased and long may they get thier arses handed to them.

Well done ukrain, my thoughts are with you"

Several reports have said Russia should be dominant in open ground but once in cities Ukraine could inflict heavy casualties even if eventually overwhelmed. So far that's proving true and as long as the west can keep getting weapons in then it could be very expensive for Russia in many ways

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

When you have old ladies with dodgy eyesight behind windows armed with a weapon, Russian soldiers will be worried.

Taking ground is easy, keeping it is harder and make no mistake those Russian troops will soon see they have no support from Russian citizens. Once you don't have the citizens support then you will question your actions. Some of them will see Ukrainians as their own as well.

From what I've seen so far the Russian troops do not look that professional.

"

I know of at least 1 right now "

I am starting to wonder if some Russian bots/ fake profiles are actually on the Fab forums with some of the things spouted

Gloucestershire

"I haven't personally, but we did have mutual acquaintances... They were 100% real people"

There are generally 3 reasons why Facebook sources are terrible for reliability.

1. Fake accounts are easy to make.

2. Social Media uses algorithms to connect people in echo chambers, so if your associate is recommended a friend they could be fake profile, and it could be unwittingly or wittingly. But because you trust the friend as an immediate source, you automatically trust the immediate sources friend, which leads to false information being spread.

3. Accounts can be hijacked, and people locked out of their accounts, and the perpetrators start using these accounts to spread false or misleading information.

There are reasons why Facebook isn't a news outlet its a social media platform.

Listen, I didn't use FB to research Clinical significanve of GNBs. I have been in various interests groups for years and got to know some people.

Being reported Belarusian troops have been spotted loading on to planes for assault on Kiev, along with a separate report of multiple Russian tanks filing towards Kiev. If this is true about Belarus, then a third country having boots on the ground could surely lead to more?

Bristol

"Being reported Belarusian troops have been spotted loading on to planes for assault on Kiev, along with a separate report of multiple Russian tanks filing towards Kiev. If this is true about Belarus, then a third country having boots on the ground could surely lead to more? "

Belarus has been hosting around 30,000 Russian troops for some time now

Gloucestershire

"Listen, I didn't use FB to research Clinical significanve of GNBs. I have been in various interests groups for years and got to know some people. "

And I am saying that trusting anything on FB is practically impossible because the system is geared to get likes and uses algorithms to put you into places with interests which suit your psychological profile. So if you are in groups which are saying what you believe then the friends you make are just part of the same echo chamber.

But the great thing about Facebook is it free and you get free services though.

"Being reported Belarusian troops have been spotted loading on to planes for assault on Kiev, along with a separate report of multiple Russian tanks filing towards Kiev. If this is true about Belarus, then a third country having boots on the ground could surely lead to more?

Belarus has been hosting around 30,000 Russian troops for some time now "

Not about hosting, I know that, rather they are actually joining a physical assault on Ukraine

Ayr

Well done ukrain, my thoughts are with you

Several reports have said Russia should be dominant in open ground but once in cities Ukraine could inflict heavy casualties even if eventually overwhelmed. So far that's proving true and as long as the west can keep getting weapons in then it could be very expensive for Russia in many ways"

It was always going to be - and the Russians knew that. They've invaded Ukraine before - when they took it back off the Nazis.

Different times, different armies, different weapons - for sure.

Pretty much the same terrain and difficulties with urban combat; which the Russian army does have a lot of recent experience with.

They're used to losses on a large scale; even in this day and age.

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

"

I know of at least 1 right now

I am starting to wonder if some Russian bots/ fake profiles are actually on the Fab forums with some of the things spouted "

Brighton

As far as I understand asking questions on a forum is fine as is stating opinions, attacking other people for their posts isn't."

Why do you feel attacked? By whom?

You should go back to my opening post that you commented on. Nobody was singled out. In fact I didn’t even specifically reference this thread. I stated the Putin apologists were out and about trying to point finger of blame everywhere else. They were/are. I stand by that statement.

Brighton

Care to elaborate?

all around

As far as I understand asking questions on a forum is fine as is stating opinions, attacking other people for their posts isn't.

You should go back to my opening post that you commented on. Nobody was singled out. In fact I didn’t even specifically reference this thread. I stated the Putin apologists were out and about trying to point finger of blame everywhere else. They were/are. I stand by that statement."

It wasn't you it was the last paragraph if the post I quoted.

Brighton

You should go back to my opening post that you commented on. Nobody was singled out. In fact I didn’t even specifically reference this thread. I stated the Putin apologists were out and about trying to point finger of blame everywhere else. They were/are. I stand by that statement.

It wasn't you it was the last paragraph if the post I quoted. "

Ok but to be fair, positioning things as a question is indeed a well used tactic to actually undermine others views.

So being on that track...

Q. Who do you think is to blame for the war in Ukraine and why?

all around

"

Q. Who do you think is to blame for the war in Ukraine and why?"

I already stated I don't know, unlike the experts here that have progressed from epidemiology and immunology to warcraft and political strategy.

My original comment if you care to read it is that whoever or whatever is to blame it's immoral to celebrate death and destruction, if you think that makes me a collaborator or traitor then fill your boots

"I agree with all of your comments, but im so pleased that Putin isnt getting it all his own way, i have no dought that Russia will win, but its good to see the Ukrainians making it hard for them.

I do think alot of the blame lies with the western leaders tho, this invasion was always going to happen, and we should have done more, and sooner, but atleast sanctions are now happening. I think Putin hs mde a big misjudgment in this invasion, it does show how removed from reality he is.

I also think the russian army doesnt really have the heart for this war, however the Ukrainians will stop at nothing to defend themselves, and yes i feel for all involved.

I would be amazed if the russians dont take this into thier own hands and get rid of Putin tbh, they dont want a war"

History has shown defenders of their lands can face huge odds and be victorious or victorious in defeat. The battles of The Alamo, Thermopylae and Saraghari are prime examples of this.

Plus the Russians will have a lot of conscripts who are wondering what the fuck they are fighting for.

Plus people who thought Russia would win in a week were in cloud cuckoo land. Remember the coalition took over 5 weeks in Iraq, in 2003.

"

I do think alot of the blame lies with the western leaders tho, this invasion was always going to happen, and we should have done more, and sooner, but atleast sanctions are now happening."

Maybe they wanted him to invade and make it his Waterloo and he fell hook, line and sinker

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

"

I already stated I don't know, unlike the experts here that have progressed from epidemiology and immunology to warcraft and political strategy.

My original comment if you care to read it is that whoever or whatever is to blame it's immoral to celebrate death and destruction, if you think that makes me a collaborator or traitor then fill your boots"

It is very clear who started this war - Russia. Who the hell else could it be, they crossed the border.

Not just this current situation, but anyone in a countries military uniform crossing any border unannounced or uninvited is very serious. Remember the landing craft that ended up in Spain instead of Gibraltar, clearly a mistake but but not welcome either.

dudley

"

My original comment if you care to read it is that whoever or whatever is to blame it's immoral to celebrate death and destruction, if you think that makes me a collaborator or traitor then fill your boots

It is very clear who started this war - Russia. Who the hell else could it be, they crossed the border.

Not just this current situation, but anyone in a countries military uniform crossing any border unannounced or uninvited is very serious. Remember the landing craft that ended up in Spain instead of Gibraltar, clearly a mistake but but not welcome either. "

8 yrs of bombing the dpr and lpr regions brought the Russian federation in to protect that area.

Norfolk/Suffolk

"

Not just this current situation, but anyone in a countries military uniform crossing any border unannounced or uninvited is very serious. Remember the landing craft that ended up in Spain instead of Gibraltar, clearly a mistake but but not welcome either.

8 yrs of bombing the dpr and lpr regions brought the Russian federation in to protect that area."

And those 8 years of bombing, was that because Russia had previously invaded?

dudley

"

8 yrs of bombing the dpr and lpr regions brought the Russian federation in to protect that area.

And those 8 years of bombing, was that because Russia had previously invaded?"

Which area are you talking about.?

Brighton

"

My original comment if you care to read it is that whoever or whatever is to blame it's immoral to celebrate death and destruction, if you think that makes me a collaborator or traitor then fill your boots"

1. I haven’t said that of you.

2. My first post on this thread was not a quote+reply to anyone specific, it was a general point that is true of these forums and wider social media and I stand by it. You chose to reply to me.

winchester

We are on the brink

Thankfully we have our own nuclear weapons too "

and that helps how, they kill us, we kill them, no winners,alot of dead people, it isnt the answer, the only point of having nucs is willy waving, as everyone knows that as soon as one is fired then everyone will, no win sutuation

Brighton

We are on the brink

and that helps how, they kill us, we kill them, no winners,alot of dead people, it isnt the answer, the only point of having nucs is willy waving, as everyone knows that as soon as one is fired then everyone will, no win sutuation"

Hopefully the point was that the nuclear deterrent is just that, a deterrent that prevents anyone from being stupid enough to press the button and unleash mutually assured destruction.

You gotta hope that Vlad the nutter has enough sane generals around him to put a bullet in his head if he attempts to “press the button”

We are on the brink

and that helps how, they kill us, we kill them, no winners,alot of dead people, it isnt the answer, the only point of having nucs is willy waving, as everyone knows that as soon as one is fired then everyone will, no win sutuation

Hopefully the point was that the nuclear deterrent is just that, a deterrent that prevents anyone from being stupid enough to press the button and unleash mutually assured destruction.

You gotta hope that Vlad the nutter has enough sane generals around him to put a bullet in his head if he attempts to “press the button”"

» Add a new message to this topic