FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Kaliningrad Oblast

Kaliningrad Oblast

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oubleswing2019 OP   Man  over a year ago

Colchester

Blink and you'll miss it, but sandwiched between northern Poland and Lithuania is quite a sizable Russian semi-exclave.

It's the principal base for the Russian Baltic Fleet and hosts significant land and air forces.

I've noticed on Flight Radar that USAF recon aircraft have been devoting increasing amounts of time in the northern border of Poland, keeping an eye on Kalingrad. Quite natural to do so given these current times.

I just hope the forces in Kalingrad wisely decide to stay put.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *elanie de la CoeurTV/TS  over a year ago

Dublin

Both the founder of Tangerine Dream (Edgar Froese) and the lead singer of Steppenwolf (John Kay) were born there.

It was East Prussia and part of Germany then.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Both the founder of Tangerine Dream (Edgar Froese) and the lead singer of Steppenwolf (John Kay) were born there.

It was East Prussia and part of Germany then."

It was part of what was East Prussia until the end of WWII. They called it Königsberg then. The Soviet's annexed it in 1945 and re-named it in 1946.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Both the founder of Tangerine Dream (Edgar Froese) and the lead singer of Steppenwolf (John Kay) were born there.

It was East Prussia and part of Germany then."

And there was me thinking Tangerine Dream came from Blackpool.

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Most if the Billion pound Superyatchs are heading there to prevent them being arrested. Putin's very expensive one escaped and bolted there this or last week..

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Blink and you'll miss it, but sandwiched between northern Poland and Lithuania is quite a sizable Russian semi-exclave.

It's the principal base for the Russian Baltic Fleet and hosts significant land and air forces.

I've noticed on Flight Radar that USAF recon aircraft have been devoting increasing amounts of time in the northern border of Poland, keeping an eye on Kalingrad. Quite natural to do so given these current times.

I just hope the forces in Kalingrad wisely decide to stay put."

After the war they moved all the ethnic poles out and moved all the ethnic Russians in…..

Plus it’s where the first line of Russia air defence is, with the ones they have in Belarus and the enclave they have in Moldova

» Add a new message to this topic