FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Are we heading for world war 3

Are we heading for world war 3

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *kd2019 OP   Man  over a year ago

North

Just after watching the news there and I feel America or another country with arms is going to have to do something if Russia take Ukraine where will they stop you’d think at this day and age it’s hard to believe this is happening it’s like reading something from a History book

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

I think the army or people will overthrow him to be honest if it gets to that stage

North

"I think the army or people will overthrow him to be honest if it gets to that stage"
so long putin has money the army will stay going I read somewhere he has 560 billion in reserves for this war

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"I think the army or people will overthrow him to be honest if it gets to that stageso long putin has money the army will stay going I read somewhere he has 560 billion in reserves for this war"

What use is 560 billion if nobody will sell you a MacDonald's or an iphone

By *ightower2021Man  over a year ago

donegal

"I think the army or people will overthrow him to be honest if it gets to that stageso long putin has money the army will stay going I read somewhere he has 560 billion in reserves for this war

What use is 560 billion if nobody will sell you a MacDonald's or an iphone "

If he got 560 billion there will always be someone to sell him stuff

North

"I think the army or people will overthrow him to be honest if it gets to that stageso long putin has money the army will stay going I read somewhere he has 560 billion in reserves for this war

someone made that point to me alright but the world is corrupt

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

Russia is still allies with China which happens to be a global leader in production of anything you can think off (maybe not McDonald's, but Russians aren't as obsessed with it as western world anyway).

Also from what I hear on Russian radio - they're reassured that all sanctions are temporary and businesses that are local are actually looking forward to foreign franchises closing off, so they can get a chance to expand in their place.

I'm afraid pulling Russian vodka from supermarkets, renaming frozen chicken and not directly shipping some German cars into the country isn't going to motivate the terrorist to stop the war.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Just after watching the news there and I feel America or another country with arms is going to have to do something if Russia take Ukraine where will they stop you’d think at this day and age it’s hard to believe this is happening it’s like reading something from a History book"

We are already in WW3. Liberal democracies vs Autocratic Kleptocracies.

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

It is not looking good, but hopefully the economic sanctions will make life for the proletariat in Russia so intolerable that they decide to get rid of him; I think, to coin a phrase, that he has cut a rod for his own back.

Putin has misjudged public opinion and world opinion about this invasion.

Russia has a very long history of cruel dictators from Ivan the terrible, the Tsars, Stalin and now Vladimir Putin, the psycho

He is an exceptionally dangerous megalomaniac, who needs to be dispatched asap.

If his kelptocratic and criminal cronies have their assets sequestrated especially in London and New York, they are going to be extremely displeased with this needless war.

The rubbleisation of Kiev must be stopped, but the NATO cannot intervene as he would press the button, as a desperate cornered rat.

By *eirdre40Couple  over a year ago

Dublin South

I seriously doubt that the West will do anything more than they are currently doing even though it seems they are getting the support from citizens in many countries to intervene with force.

If the US and others did decide to become militarily involved then the Chinese might chance their arm and go after Taiwan which would put pressure on the US and possibly Japan to react and then it's possible we would face WW3.

It only takes a few head cases and there are plenty of them in power.

Seriously doubt it will happen though.

By *hyeyesMan  over a year ago

meath

What's the difference between this invasion and all the other countries America has invaded ?

By *inxnmasterCouple  over a year ago

naughty valley

"What's the difference between this invasion and all the other countries America has invaded ?"

The money made in wars is not lining the usual pockets

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"What's the difference between this invasion and all the other countries America has invaded ?

The money made in wars is not lining the usual pockets "

Isn't it? The global economy - and it still is one - is dependent on oil, gas, minerals, etc.

Unfortunately, it's incorrect to suggest the the usual pockets aren't being lined.

As for heading into WW III - I really hope not; but I'm not confident enough to say no. When I was younger, at the height of the Cold War, I'd have said no way, nobody's that mental; even though it did seem like an ever present threat.

Now, I fear it could happen because - for all its many faults - that was an era of a certain rationality amongst our various politicians; and a public understanding that a nuclear war was unwinnable - for the entire planet.

Lately, that's been giving way to a certain kind of populism, in various countries - some of them with nuclear weapons - who seem to have the frightening attitude of "If we can't have the ball, we'll burst it."

The best we can hope for is what's happening now - that NATO does everything it can to avoid Russia feeling the need to use nukes.

It's hateful to say it - but if that means sacrificing Ukraine so that our children don't need to inhabit a radioactive wasteland; it's the preferable option.

"What's the difference between this invasion and all the other countries America has invaded ?

The money made in wars is not lining the usual pockets "

It is, plenty of U.S and U.K arms going to Ukraine. In turn this is causing Nato countries to increase defence spending.

So for arms companies, its a win,win.

"

It's hateful to say it - but if that means sacrificing Ukraine so that our children don't need to inhabit a radioactive wasteland; it's the preferable option."

Yes hateful to do so, but its not like Ukrainians aren't doing similar selfish deeds.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/5/thats-poland-now-walk-arab-students-plight-out-of-ukraine

"What's the difference between this invasion and all the other countries America has invaded ?"

Is this a trick question?

One army uses conscripts the other doesnt?

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

I suppose if there is one possible advantage of Boris Johnski and his Kleptocracy being totally kompromat and the UK being awash with dirty Russian money and Oligarchs who are not really being sanctioned, it is that we might not get nuked by Putin!

"I suppose if there is one possible advantage of Boris Johnski and his Kleptocracy being totally kompromat and the UK being awash with dirty Russian money and Oligarchs who are not really being sanctioned, it is that we might not get nuked by Putin!"
We just get to die out slowly and very painfully in the nuclear winter that follows

Brighton

"I suppose if there is one possible advantage of Boris Johnski and his Kleptocracy being totally kompromat and the UK being awash with dirty Russian money and Oligarchs who are not really being sanctioned, it is that we might not get nuked by Putin! We just get to die out slowly and very painfully in the nuclear winter that follows "

Hey I was trying to find a silver lining amongst all this sh1t

By *TMA that man againMan  over a year ago

worester

"I suppose if there is one possible advantage of Boris Johnski and his Kleptocracy being totally kompromat and the UK being awash with dirty Russian money and Oligarchs who are not really being sanctioned, it is that we might not get nuked by Putin! We just get to die out slowly and very painfully in the nuclear winter that follows "

Maybe a nuclear winter could sort out global warming??

By *readsOfValhallaCouple  over a year ago

birmingham

Been keeping a very close eye on this and have learnt more geo politics and history in the past week then I have in my whole life... I'm pretty confident we're ok for ww3

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

[Removed by poster at 05/03/22 19:21:00]

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

"It is, plenty of U.S and U.K arms going to Ukraine. In turn this is causing Nato countries to increase defence spending.

So for arms companies, its a win,win."

That should help to keep us as the fastest growing economy in the G7 countries

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Who knows if there will be a ww3 all i know is if the big red button gets pressed im close enough to london to not know to much about it would see the flash and that would be about it

""It is, plenty of U.S and U.K arms going to Ukraine. In turn this is causing Nato countries to increase defence spending.

So for arms companies, its a win,win."

That should help to keep us as the fastest growing economy in the G7 countries"

Every little helps, as Tesco likes to says.

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

"Just after watching the news there and I feel America or another country with arms is going to have to do something if Russia take Ukraine where will they stop you’d think at this day and age it’s hard to believe this is happening it’s like reading something from a History book"

Heading - I think it's started already?

It's time to bite the bullet and accept Ukraine, then Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Romania, Estonia are next.

At what point do we say enough is enough and accept nuclear or not, we are in conflict with a mad man?

By *R DIAMONDMan  over a year ago

manchester

Firstly what’s happening is absolutely horrible

( innocent civilians getting killed , I pray for them all )

What we are seeing on our screens has been happening for years to Palestinians but no country or companies isolate Israel , instead they give them billions of dollars to kill Palestinians …

Why double standards & racism ??

In football Celtic fans waved Palestinian flags in support & the club got fined from FIFA

FIFA stated football has nothing to do with politics

Why now is FIFA praising those who are holding Ukrainian flags ?

TONY BLAIR & GEORGE BUSH KILLED MILLIONS OF IRAQIS WITH THEIR LIES , WHY ARE THEY NOT GETTING DONE FOR WAR CRIMES ??

THEY HAVE BLOOD ON THIER HANDS !!

EVERY WAR IS CAUSED BY UK & USA THEY PUT THEIR DIRTY NOSES IN EVERY ONES BUISNESS !!

"I suppose if there is one possible advantage of Boris Johnski and his Kleptocracy being totally kompromat and the UK being awash with dirty Russian money and Oligarchs who are not really being sanctioned, it is that we might not get nuked by Putin! We just get to die out slowly and very painfully in the nuclear winter that follows

Hey I was trying to find a silver lining amongst all this sh1t "

Bugger Silver, If you find a lead lining let me know

Brighton

"I suppose if there is one possible advantage of Boris Johnski and his Kleptocracy being totally kompromat and the UK being awash with dirty Russian money and Oligarchs who are not really being sanctioned, it is that we might not get nuked by Putin! We just get to die out slowly and very painfully in the nuclear winter that follows

Hey I was trying to find a silver lining amongst all this sh1t

Bugger Silver, If you find a lead lining let me know "

Like Indiana Jones hiding in the fridge! Johnski’s antics are starting to make sense!!!!!

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

We're already in it; the only saving grace is that the prevailing wind in Ireland is usually from the south west and fallout will be blown away from Ireland.

This current crisis is, once again, being caused by an autocratic paranoid megalomaniacal dictator who has murdered beaten and poisoned his way into a position surrounded by sycophants and wannabes.

As Churchill famously said, democracy is the world political system, apart from all the others!

Putin is not going to stop at Ukraine, Poland and the Baltic states of Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia are next.

Restoration of the USSR to its former glory is his goal; to redress the humiliation of 1989-1991.

Brighton

Wars are fought by young men who don’t know each other and don’t hate each other but caused by old men who do know each other and do hate each other.

"Firstly what’s happening is absolutely horrible

What we are seeing on our screens has been happening for years to Palestinians but no country or companies isolate Israel , instead they give them billions of dollars to kill Palestinians …

In football Celtic fans waved Palestinian flags in support & the club got fined from FIFA

TONY BLAIR & GEORGE BUSH KILLED MILLIONS OF IRAQIS WITH THEIR LIES , WHY ARE THEY NOT GETTING DONE FOR WAR CRIMES ??

EVERY WAR IS CAUSED BY UK & USA THEY PUT THEIR DIRTY NOSES IN EVERY ONES BUISNESS !!"

This exactly, I'd love to hear a logical sane answer to this question!!

EVERY WAR IS CAUSED BY UK & USA THEY PUT THEIR DIRTY NOSES IN EVERY ONES BUISNESS !!

This exactly, I'd love to hear a logical sane answer to this question!!

"

Especially from the usual suspects like fabio etc..

manchester

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

EVERY WAR IS CAUSED BY UK & USA THEY PUT THEIR DIRTY NOSES IN EVERY ONES BUISNESS !!"

You've already posted this

manchester

manchester

You stupid !!

So killing innocent people is good for the economy ??

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

"Wars are fought by young men who don’t know each other and don’t hate each other but caused by old men who do know each other and do hate each other."

Plastic blood thirsty generals sacrificing young blood.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"Just after watching the news there and I feel America or another country with arms is going to have to do something if Russia take Ukraine where will they stop you’d think at this day and age it’s hard to believe this is happening it’s like reading something from a History book

Heading - I think it's started already?

It's time to bite the bullet and accept Ukraine, then Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Romania, Estonia are next.

At what point do we say enough is enough and accept nuclear or not, we are in conflict with a mad man?"

WTF? Nuclear, or not? Are you fucking serious?

Do you think because Hiroshima and Nagasaki got rebuilt, we'll be able to to the same with hundreds of cities worldwide?

There's a reason NATO is bending over backwards to avoid a war with Russia - to avoid the use of nuclear weapons.

If NATO gets involved, it's pretty obvious that it would wipe the floor with Russia - all the logistics, and what we've lately seen of the Russian Armed forces capabilities, point to that outcome.

So, if NATO is destroying his military, humiliating him as much as it's possible to - what do you think Vlad will do? Take defeat gracefully?

The best we can do is stay the fuck out of actual combat and hope to fuck that if Vlad does order the use of nukes, his generals refuse, and depose him.

Nuclear or not? FFS!

Genuinely couldn’t give a flying fuck, nothing I could or yourselves would make a blind bit of difference.

» Add a new message to this topic