FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Nothing beats tipping off your enemy..

Nothing beats tipping off your enemy..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rFunBoy OP   Man  over a year ago

Longridge

So, ammo is on the way, but time is tight..

So, Russians get told arms are definitely in transit in order that they seek, intercept and destroy them before they arrive.

Unless, I'm missing something?

Good old Boris, oh, hang on.. didn't his big mouth get Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe locked up in Iran..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

"So, ammo is on the way, but time is tight..

So, Russians get told arms are definitely in transit in order that they seek, intercept and destroy them before they arrive.

Good old Boris, oh, hang on.. didn't his big mouth get Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe locked up in Iran.."

Perhaps it may have crossed your mind that such an announcement is deliberate misinformation ?

To goad the enemy in to making a hasty, ill-prepared attack because they think they will be on the advantage when in fact the opposing forces haven't run out at all ?

6,000 rounds later on the front line, and the enemy realise that perhaps they took the information at face-value.

Even Sun Tzu commented that one should make the enemy believe you are strong when you are weak, and weak when you are strong.

I would suggest that any half-decent military analyst would take BJ's announcement with a pinch of salt.

Bluff and double-bluff and it's stuff like this which makes spy novels and war, and even business pretty darn interesting / exciting.

Yes, war is horrible and death is abominable and morally repugnant. But when it's on, it's "time to play" and outfox the enemy

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Vladimir Putin is no enemy of Boris Johnski and his Kleptocracy.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

I dont realy think that putin is interested in any of these reports or speaches.

Arms ahev been flowing ever since the Ivasion and before.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

Good old Boris, oh, hang on.. didn't his big mouth get Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe locked up in Iran..

Perhaps it may have crossed your mind that such an announcement is deliberate misinformation ?

To goad the enemy in to making a hasty, ill-prepared attack because they think they will be on the advantage when in fact the opposing forces haven't run out at all ?

6,000 rounds later on the front line, and the enemy realise that perhaps they took the information at face-value.

Even Sun Tzu commented that one should make the enemy believe you are strong when you are weak, and weak when you are strong.

I would suggest that any half-decent military analyst would take BJ's announcement with a pinch of salt.

Bluff and double-bluff and it's stuff like this which makes spy novels and war, and even business pretty darn interesting / exciting.

Yes, war is horrible and death is abominable and morally repugnant. But when it's on, it's "time to play" and outfox the enemy

"

What do you mean "even" Sun Tzu? LOL

By *rFunBoy OP   Man  over a year ago

Longridge

A lot of things cross my mind.

Strategically, I do not understand the statement "it's on it way, but time is tight".

This indicates 'in transit' and something to monitor movement.

I'd understand more, an announcement claiming they could not get through or it is too late while in the meantime continue the shipments.

I'd also understand claims that equipment had arrived, even though it was still in transit.

Unless, I am really missing the point, it was a strange statement.

Some things over the oast few would be best unsaid in the press, especially today the USA sending more equipment. Why not just send on the QT without publicly broadcasting intentions to alert of further supply movements to seek out.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

The fact that arms and ammunition are being transported to Ukraine all the time is not a secret. The Russians already know full well it's happening and been announced by leaders all over the place

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Oh FFS ... Boris now has a six point plan ... probably a cunning one. Lets hope its an improvement on 'squash the sombraro' 'Oven ready social care plan' '£350m a week to the NHS' or any other of his clusterfooks weve had to endure.

Colchester

"

What do you mean "even" Sun Tzu? LOL"

He was a Chinese general and military expert, circa 544-496 BCE.

Relevant to our era ? In terms of the psychological tactics of war, yes.

By *enny PR9TV/TS  over a year ago

Southport

"

What do you mean "even" Sun Tzu? LOL

He was a Chinese general and military expert, circa 544-496 BCE.

Relevant to our era ? In terms of the psychological tactics of war, yes.

"

Although his teachings on Global thermonuclear war is somewhat limited.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Good old Boris, oh, hang on.. didn't his big mouth get Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe locked up in Iran.."

Passing messages to his Kremlin friends, he is a liability.

Colchester

"

Although his teachings on Global thermonuclear war is somewhat limited. "

Art of War : Chapter 12 : Attack by Fire

1. Sun Tzu said: There are five ways of attacking with fire.

The first is to burn soldiers in their camp; the second is to burn stores; the third is to burn baggage trains; the fourth is to burn arsenals and magazines; the fifth is to hurl dropping fire amongst the enemy.

2. In order to carry out an attack, we must have means available. The material for raising fire should always be kept in readiness.

3&4 Not relevant

5. In attacking with fire, one should be prepared to meet five possible developments:

(a) When fire breaks out inside to enemy's camp, respond at once with an attack from without

(b) If there is an outbreak of fire, but the enemy's soldiers remain quiet, bide your time and do not attack.

(c) When the force of the flames has reached its height, follow it up with an attack, if that is practicable; if not, stay where you are.

(d) If it is possible to make an assault with fire from without, do not wait for it to break out within, but deliver your attack at a favourable moment.

(e) When you start a fire, be to windward of it. Do not attack from the leeward.

I'd say there was more in common with the use of nuclear weapons than without.

» Add a new message to this topic