Jump to: Newest in thread

By *I Two OP   Couple  over a year ago

all around

Are they blowing off the cobwebs or have they all been demolished

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *itzi999Woman  over a year ago

Slough

"Are they blowing off the cobwebs or have they all been demolished"

I think they have all been demolished- all fossil fuels are heavy pollutants.

By *6travellerMan  over a year ago

Tayside and Midlands

The biggest pollutant is too many humans in the world.

By *I Two OP   Couple  over a year ago

all around

"Are they blowing off the cobwebs or have they all been demolished

I think they have all been demolished- all fossil fuels are heavy pollutants. "

Principals won't provide heat and food

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

There are still coal powered UK power plants. But they are due to be closed by October 2024.

Time for a rethink and keep them going for the foreseeable future.

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

Running nicely the one I past yesterday.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"The biggest pollutant is too many humans in the world. "

Alright Thanos

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Recycled into hard-core!!

There are currently three active coal-fired power stations operating in the United Kingdom.

They have a total generating capacity of 4.52GW - Strangely, non near Eastleigh.

Longridge

I was quoted 57p/kw Elec on a 2 year yesterday.. these prices are calculated over expected prices over the period.

It has been accepted October is at least 40% increase on top of the 54% in April, so mind boggles what next year is going to be on Capped rates..

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Recycled into hard-core!!

There are currently three active coal-fired power stations operating in the United Kingdom.

They have a total generating capacity of 4.52GW - Strangely, non near Eastleigh.

"

Radcliffe On Trent is often producing when I drive past, although the coal mountain there is being taken away by train, ready for imminent decommissioning.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

shame that the conservative and unionist party government wasted 12 years instead of fixing the roofs with solar panels while the sun was shining.

By *appyPandaMan  over a year ago

Kilkenny, but Dublin is more fun

I think they have all been demolished- all fossil fuels are heavy pollutants.

Principals won't provide heat and food"

And an increasingly inhospitable world with climates that become more and more unpredictable won't be providing enough food either.

We've been lucky enough the last few decades with the ocean absorbing most of the excess heat, but things are starting to accelerate now.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

I don’t know what everyone is complaining about. Dividends and share prices over the last thirty years have been great.

Who needs to invest when they are making so much Wonga?

All good and will secure our energy future according to the very clever parliamentarians. Hmmmmm

"I don’t know what everyone is complaining about. Dividends and share prices over the last thirty years have been great.

Who needs to invest when they are making so much Wonga?

All good and will secure our energy future according to the very clever parliamentarians. Hmmmmm "

Reality doesn't really care about dividends, share prices or the imaginary economy dreamed up by a species of still primitive ape with tribalistic tendencies that advanced rapidly on this ancient planet since the end of the last ice age and convinced itself that the universe revolved around it.

I'm not saying humans are evil. We're incredible for advancing so much due to our innate curiosity and a capability for deep social bonds and ability to work together that allowed our civilisations to flourish once things were stable enough where agriculture could begin. I just honestly think we advanced too quickly without really knowing the true costs of the rapid advancement that's happened in the last hundred or so years.

Our whole existence as a species capable of complex civilisation has been about 0.0000022% of the total lifespan of this earth.

By *orianGrey200Man  over a year ago

birmingham

8 billion ppl on the planet but if we stand any chance of survival we need to lose half. Judging by the level of intelligence of most idiots on tik tok and similar media crap I'd say it's achievable.

By *orianGrey200Man  over a year ago

birmingham

No U turns now, the planet is more important than us humans.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"8 billion ppl on the planet but if we stand any chance of survival we need to lose half. Judging by the level of intelligence of most idiots on tik tok and similar media crap I'd say it's achievable. "

Talk to that Lad in Russia. He has a plan.

"No U turns now, the planet is more important than us humans."

Don't lose too much hope. Regardless of what happens, the planet will continue with us or without, and life finds a way to flourish. We've had many mass extinction events in the past but life in all its splendor came back, and it will again even if we let things deteriorate to the point that our extinction happens.

It's definitely sad to see the remarkable and beautiful ecosystems around us that may be no more, but new ones will replace them eventually, and even flourish in our abandoned dead cities and towns

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Forget worrying about the climate change, the nutter in Russia has put any efforts back decades with all the carbon released into the atmosphere and it will be shed loads more to rebuild a whole country.

Drill for oil and frack away were fucked now anyway

Longridge

They've been running today, 3GW Coal at 4pm ready for tea time I suspect. Gas was 20GW all day..

Currently coal 0.83GW, Gas 14.31GW

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I did see a news item that Britain's power stations are in desperate need of replacing. The new Chinese station is being built in the south but I don't know how much percentage /area it will supply, the whole southeast of uk?

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

"I did see a news item that Britain's power stations are in desperate need of replacing. The new Chinese station is being built in the south but I don't know how much percentage /area it will supply, the whole southeast of uk?

"

Where in the south? The Bradwell in Essex site earmarked hasn’t even had the ground fully tested yet & the locals are still fighting not to have it.

It’s also still twenty years away even if it’s forced on them.

S

"Forget worrying about the climate change, the nutter in Russia has put any efforts back decades with all the carbon released into the atmosphere and it will be shed loads more to rebuild a whole country.

Drill for oil and frack away were fucked now anyway "

This current civilisation so focused on the growth of imaginary wealth, constant consumerism, global supply chains that are taken for granted and living at such an unsustainable scale is most likely fucked, but that's not to say humanity is.

We can adapt and live past this era where our whole norm is pure lunacy if things don't get too drastic, and maybe prosper once again in a century or two after our collapse, but only if the conditions are liveable and not remove our capability for agriculture.

Regardless, life will go on. Our whole existence has been the most brief flicker of time here on this ancient planet, so if we're gone, we're gone.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Energy security and energy independence, that’s what we go for!

Coal, Oil, Gas - prices that a dependent on global demand, volatile, in countries with tyrants

Solar, wind, hydro, nuclear, tidal. Not part of global price fluctuations.

Energy efficiency and minor reductions in consumption is 1st step to being a self sufficient energy nation.

People who believe that we cannot do it are being lied to, because those who advocate continued use of these fossil fuels are lining their pockets now with high fuel prices and will continue to do so at our expense!

Longridge

There is only one problem..

Do you trust the government to deliver?

Tont blah blah blah Blair first brought the term "Energy Security" in the wake of 9//11. "We need to reduce our reliance on Energy from other countries"

What did he do? Nothing

What did Cameron do? Nothing

What did May do? Nothing

What's Johnson done? Signed off a few windmills.

Right now at 1:24am, our Electricity supply is from 40% Gas fired generation. It has been steady for the last week 24 hours per day.

Seriously, don't trust the clueless clowns and look after yourself.

Spoke to a friend today, 30kw Solar array at home and about to install 80kw batteries.

I've just ordered another 3kw for home to complimentthe existing 6kw, currently have 10kw batteries and soon to upgrade to 40kw.

Today 4x Propane bottles arrives and a combination of the Solar, LPG means, if needed I can disconnect from the Grid if needed.

Do it by yourself if you believe the government will fail..

» Add a new message to this topic