By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Just more woke shite!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"Just more woke shite!

"

What's anti racism got to do with the Daily Mail/Beano report on Labour?

Bristol

"Just more woke shite!

What's anti racism got to do with the Daily Mail/Beano report on Labour?"

No comment

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Just more woke shite!

"

Do you know what woke means?

golden fields

"Just more woke shite!

What's anti racism got to do with the Daily Mail/Beano report on Labour?

No comment "

Then why did you say it?

This forum is the most bizarre place on line.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Just more woke shite!

Do you know what woke means? "

It seems you should be directing that question to the person who thinks its only about anti racism or do you think that too?

In this day and age can anyone really blame YC for dodging the question? It is going to upset so many whatever definition is used. It is one of those “can’t win” questions. I’d dodge it myself in any kind of public forum (mr). Just not worth the agree to open the can of worms.

"Just more woke shite!

Do you know what woke means? It seems you should be directing that question to the person who thinks its only about anti racism or do you think that too? "

What is it about then?

near ipswich

"Just more woke shite!

Do you know what woke means? It seems you should be directing that question to the person who thinks its only about anti racism or do you think that too?

What is it about then? "

So you dont know then i can see why you was asking now sorry.

"Just more woke shite!

Do you know what woke means? It seems you should be directing that question to the person who thinks its only about anti racism or do you think that too?

What is it about then? So you dont know then i can see why you was asking now sorry. "

I shall rephrase, what does it mean you you?

This is the definition of woke

‘alert to injustice in society, especially racism’

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

"In this day and age can anyone really blame YC for dodging the question? It is going to upset so many whatever definition is used. It is one of those “can’t win” questions. I’d dodge it myself in any kind of public forum (mr). Just not worth the agree to open the can of worms.

"

What about OP dodging questions.

Why post this and say nothing else

kildare

"Just more woke shite!

What is it about then? So you dont know then i can see why you was asking now sorry.

"

In fairness i think it means other social injustices too,like LGTBQ+ rights.

What I don't understand is how that is supposed to be a bad thing

But of course to certain mindsets it is

"Just more woke shite!

What is it about then? So you dont know then i can see why you was asking now sorry.

But of course to certain mindsets it is"

I agree, I can only assume the people using it as an insult at stupid, confused or both

near ipswich

"Just more woke shite!

"

having or marked by an active awareness of systemic injustices and prejudices, especially those related to civil and human rights: obviously racism fits into this category but so do many other things.You and your mate seem to think its exclusive to racism which it is obviously not.Happy to help.

"Just more woke shite!

having or marked by an active awareness of systemic injustices and prejudices, especially those related to civil and human rights: obviously racism fits into this category but so do many other things.You and your mate seem to think its exclusive to racism which it is obviously not.Happy to help. "

No I don’t, good effort though , do you think ‘woke’ should he used as an insult ? Surely you are woke ?

near ipswich

"Just more woke shite!

having or marked by an active awareness of systemic injustices and prejudices, especially those related to civil and human rights: obviously racism fits into this category but so do many other things.You and your mate seem to think its exclusive to racism which it is obviously not.Happy to help.

No I don’t, good effort though , do you think ‘woke’ should he used as an insult ? Surely you are woke ? "

Well im glad to hear that, was it used as an insult? surely anyone who knows what the word means would take it for that but i guess anyone who doesnt might see it as an insult which in turn makes them woke.

"Just more woke shite!

No I don’t, good effort though , do you think ‘woke’ should he used as an insult ? Surely you are woke ? Well im glad to hear that, was it used as an insult? surely anyone who knows what the word means would take it for that but i guess anyone who doesnt might see it as an insult which in turn makes them woke. "

‘ Just more woke shite!’

near ipswich

"Just more woke shite!

No I don’t, good effort though , do you think ‘woke’ should he used as an insult ? Surely you are woke ? Well im glad to hear that, was it used as an insult? surely anyone who knows what the word means would take it for that but i guess anyone who doesnt might see it as an insult which in turn makes them woke.

‘ Just more woke shite!’ "

Why do you see the use of the word as an insult? i dont understand please explain.

"Just more woke shite!

No I don’t, good effort though , do you think ‘woke’ should he used as an insult ? Surely you are woke ? Well im glad to hear that, was it used as an insult? surely anyone who knows what the word means would take it for that but i guess anyone who doesnt might see it as an insult which in turn makes them woke.

‘ Just more woke shite!’ Why do you see the use of the word as an insult? i dont understand please explain."

I don’t , I am quoting a previous post ‘Just more woke shite!’, it is a strange thing to say, maybe he is a bit confused,

near ipswich

"Just more woke shite!

‘ Just more woke shite!’ Why do you see the use of the word as an insult? i dont understand please explain.

I don’t , I am quoting a previous post ‘Just more woke shite!’, it is a strange thing to say, maybe he is a bit confused, "

Not really if you understand what the word means i took it as statement you seem to have took it as an insult,strange.

kildare

"Just more woke shite!

I agree, I can only assume the people using it as an insult at stupid, confused or both "

Or prejudice bigots

"Just more woke shite!

I agree, I can only assume the people using it as an insult at stupid, confused or both

Or prejudice bigots"

True, but I prefer to give people the benefit of doubt,

"Just more woke shite!

‘ Just more woke shite!’ Why do you see the use of the word as an insult? i dont understand please explain.

I don’t , I am quoting a previous post ‘Just more woke shite!’, it is a strange thing to say, maybe he is a bit confused, Not really if you understand what the word means i took it as statement you seem to have took it as an insult,strange."

More ‘confused shite ‘

Bristol

Woke can and does mean many things and contexts.

The question to the labour mp was a loaded question meant to start an argument on the subject.

I did not answer because there no point I doing so

golden fields

People who use not-being-racist/homophobic as an insult or as if it's a negative trait, are probably not people whom have anything interesting to say.

But it is funny to poke fun at them.

kildare

"Woke can and does mean many things and contexts.

The question to the labour mp was a loaded question meant to start an argument on the subject.

I did not answer because there no point I doing so "

What other meanings?

Serious question.

A couple of the given meanings were posted earlier so what?

golden fields

Just trolling by pretending to think not-being-racist is a bad thing then.

This forum attracts the weirdest people.

golden fields

"Just more woke shite!

having or marked by an active awareness of systemic injustices and prejudices, especially those related to civil and human rights: obviously racism fits into this category but so do many other things.You and your mate seem to think its exclusive to racism which it is obviously not.Happy to help. "

Are you really suggesting that all non-bigotted non-racists are mates?

I'm always open to new friends. And they would have to be not racist. So I'm up for it.

kildare

Assuming you avoid answering this too so I'll say woke has 1 meaning and the context in which it is used is exactly what we are talking about.

If its being used as an insult that says a lot about the person saying it

Bristol

This forum attracts the weirdest people. "

Really?

Ok carry on

golden fields

This forum attracts the weirdest people.

Really?

Ok carry on "

Straight from the dictionary

"alert to injustice in society, especially racism."

Bristol

Assuming you avoid answering this too so I'll say woke has 1 meaning and the context in which it is used is exactly what we are talking about.

If its being used as an insult that says a lot about the person saying it"

Yea ok

golden fields

Yea ok "

Anyway, your pretending to be offended at people who aren't racist, is fairly low quality trolling.

Bristol

Yea ok

Anyway, your pretending to be offended at people who aren't racist, is fairly low quality trolling. "

So are you saying I’m possibly racist now ?

Yea ok

Anyway, your pretending to be offended at people who aren't racist, is fairly low quality trolling.

So are you saying I’m possibly racist now ?"

Are you woke?

golden fields

Yea ok

So are you saying I’m possibly racist now ?"

Try reading what I said again. It was pretty clear that's not what I'm saying.

Bristol

Yea ok

Are you woke? "

Well I’m definitely not racist and again just because the dictionary defines woke does not mean it never gets used in other situations

Yea ok

Are you woke?

Well I’m definitely not racist and again just because the dictionary defines woke does not mean it never gets used in other situations "

So your woke,

golden fields

Yea ok

Are you woke?

Well I’m definitely not racist and again just because the dictionary defines woke does not mean it never gets used in other situations

So your woke, "

Good to know he's woke.

So why the trolling?

Let's just say not everyone is as brave as JK Rowling

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Trivial tories, but then again everything the tories love doing is talking trivialities. Mountains out of molehills is what they do best, it’s a distraction tactic from the sheer incompetence they don’t want us to see.

By *6travellerMan  over a year ago

Tayside and Midlands

Not as bad as the stupid SNP! Latest TV advert “61 percent of young people have been period shamed”. THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE! 1, 61 percent OF young people are NOT female. 2, only females menstruate. The SNP are incapable of telling the truth. Though I agree with the sentiment that period shaming is totally unacceptable, tell the truth, 61 percent of young females have been period shamed, if that is the accurate percentage.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"People who use not-being-racist/homophobic as an insult or as if it's a negative trait, are probably not people whom have anything interesting to say.

But it is funny to poke fun at them. "

ahh is that what woke us then poking fun at people ?

golden fields

"People who use not-being-racist/homophobic as an insult or as if it's a negative trait, are probably not people whom have anything interesting to say.

But it is funny to poke fun at them. ahh is that what woke us then poking fun at people ?"

Here's the definition of "woke" for you:

thornaby

But it is funny to poke fun at them. ahh is that what woke us then poking fun at people ?

"

only thing I don’t get is why especially racism?

Tayside and Midlands

Check the dictionary! Woke means WEAK. End of.

golden fields

But it is funny to poke fun at them. ahh is that what woke us then poking fun at people ?

only thing I don’t get is why especially racism?"

No idea why. It's just the definition of the word.

golden fields

"Check the dictionary! Woke means WEAK. End of."

You might not be looking at a dictionary there!

"Let's just say not everyone is as brave as JK Rowling "

Depends if you see that as brave, I don’t!

"Let's just say not everyone is as brave as JK Rowling

Depends if you see that as brave, I don’t! "

Many people downright hate what she said. I personally have some concerns and would love to have a debate on the topic. But she went ahead and posted her opinions despite repeated backlash. That's bravery in any language.

golden fields

Many people downright hate what she said. I personally have some concerns and would love to have a debate on the topic. But she went ahead and posted her opinions despite repeated backlash. That's bravery in any language."

Attacking the trans community isn't hugely brave.

She's got a history of it too.

Many people downright hate what she said. I personally have some concerns and would love to have a debate on the topic. But she went ahead and posted her opinions despite repeated backlash. That's bravery in any language.

She's got a history of it too. "

When did she attack the trans community? Did she ever say that all trans people are X, Y or Z? She raised concerns about certain regulations/rules which could be problematic. I don't think that's an attack on the trans community itself.

When did she attack the trans community? Did she ever say that all trans people are X, Y or Z? She raised concerns about certain regulations/rules which could be problematic. I don't think that's an attack on the trans community itself."

Have your opinion, I’ll have mine. Given that trans people are the most at risk group I will never support language that seeks to inflame and attack an already hugely at risk group.

Tayside and Midlands

At risk group? Grow up.

When did she attack the trans community? Did she ever say that all trans people are X, Y or Z? She raised concerns about certain regulations/rules which could be problematic. I don't think that's an attack on the trans community itself.

Have your opinion, I’ll have mine. Given that trans people are the most at risk group I will never support language that seeks to inflame and attack an already hugely at risk group.

"

Of course, you have the right to not speak speak about it. My initial post was about bravery. I don't think bravery is subjective. Honestly speaking her mind even after all the events that happened is bravery by definition. She is one of those rare celebs who refused to bow down to the online mob.

And I don't think she seeked to inflame or attack trans community. It's not like otherwise normal people saw her tweet and decided to attack trans people.

thornaby

No idea why. It's just the definition of the word."

its the especially the racism bit that confused me

golden fields

No idea why. It's just the definition of the word.its the especially the racism bit that confused me "

I'm with you, I also have no idea how they came up with the definition.

thornaby

No idea why. It's just the definition of the word.its the especially the racism bit that confused me

I'm with you, I also have no idea how they came up with the definition."

injustice is injustice to me no especially needed but what do I know lol

» Add a new message to this topic