FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Rishi Sunak publicity stunt..

Rishi Sunak publicity stunt..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Photo opportunity, filling up a Kia car to look like one of the people?

Apparently the knob didn't know how to pay for the petrol but how would a millionaire with a billionaire wife know how to do that?!, And drive a Kia? Fucking knob borrowed the far from an employee ffs

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"Photo opportunity, filling up a Kia car to look like one of the people?

Apparently the knob didn't know how to pay for the petrol but how would a millionaire with a billionaire wife know how to do that?!, And drive a Kia? Fucking knob borrowed the far from an employee ffs

"

He was asked what pump he was paying for and he said 3, he mentioned he had other stuff too and was then asked to "scan here" he held up his card. He made a simple mistake, and I've not been asked to scan my own items to a handheld like like that before. A simple mistake whilst under pressure....

Some people just can't help being critical of anything or anyone.

He was asked what pump he was paying for and he said 3, he mentioned he had other stuff too and was then asked to "scan here" he held up his card. He made a simple mistake, and I've not been asked to scan my own items to a handheld like like that before. A simple mistake whilst under pressure....

Some people just can't help being critical of anything or anyone. "

Publicity stunt gone wrong though?

Why did he pretend to drive a Kia and borrow instead of his own?

Why did he think people would swallow this nonsense?

People are going to suffer through his political choice

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Easy mistake to make under the pressure of the cameras in a situation that might not be normal.

The real issue is with the person who should have been directing the publicity stunt. They did a piss poor job.

I literally have no idea how my bills are paid. It someone was to film

Me using online banking I’d prob look a muppet too.

I’m no Tory but it is quite obvious from his body language that he has more in common with Mr. Bean than Fred Dibnah.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"

Fair enough it's embarrassing. But really this kind of thing is a distraction from the government's complete inability to run the country effectively.

"Easy mistake to make under the pressure of the cameras in a situation that might not be normal.

The real issue is with the person who should have been directing the publicity stunt. They did a piss poor job.

I literally have no idea how my bills are paid. It someone was to film

Me using online banking I’d prob look a muppet too.

I’m no Tory but it is quite obvious from his body language that he has more in common with Mr. Bean than Fred Dibnah. "

I'd have more respect for him if hadn't have done it. I feel a bit insulted by the attempt as'm going to struggle a bit but yeah Mr bean, lol should have used an old pea green mini

"

Fair enough it's embarrassing. But really this kind of thing is a distraction from the government's complete inability to run the country effectively."

Far more embarrassing really is that “we” keep voting in people who have absolutely no clue how most of the population of this country actually live. And then secondly most embarrassing is the apathy to do anything about it.

Like I commented in the rejoin eu thread, we’re a long way from people mobilising to do something which will really make a difference.

Terra Firma

Some people just can't help being critical of anything or anyone.

Publicity stunt gone wrong though?

Why did he pretend to drive a Kia and borrow instead of his own?

Why did he think people would swallow this nonsense?

People are going to suffer through his political choice"

His car will be a bullet and bomb proof Jag that is driven by personal protection officers.

Nobody is swallowing anything, it was story bout the fuel duty, he posed for some pics and swiped a debit card when asked to swipe.

Don't let the small stuff get in the way...

golden fields

"

Fair enough it's embarrassing. But really this kind of thing is a distraction from the government's complete inability to run the country effectively.

Far more embarrassing really is that “we” keep voting in people who have absolutely no clue how most of the population of this country actually live. And then secondly most embarrassing is the apathy to do anything about it.

Like I commented in the rejoin eu thread, we’re a long way from people mobilising to do something which will really make a difference. "

Completely agree. The problem is that the vast majority of the media supports the Tories. The big money is behind the Tories, because that's who they represent, and legislate for.

With the backing of the media and with the money on their side they don't lose.

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"

Like I commented in the rejoin eu thread, we’re a long way from people mobilising to do something which will really make a difference.

Completely agree. The problem is that the vast majority of the media supports the Tories. The big money is behind the Tories, because that's who they represent, and legislate for.

With the backing of the media and with the money on their side they don't lose."

Apart from the elections they've lost to Labour, or couldn't muster enough votes to govern without a coalition, yup, spot on.

#shortmemory

Winston

golden fields

"

Apart from the elections they've lost to Labour, or couldn't muster enough votes to govern without a coalition, yup, spot on.

#shortmemory

Winston"

New Labour were basically as shit as the Tories. And a long while back now.

"

#shortmemory

Winston

New Labour were basically as shit as the Tories. And a long while back now."

And yet somehow managed to oust the tories.

Winston

By *aunsizefitzallMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"Don't let the small stuff get in the way"

You're right. Let's talk about the big stuff.

How Fishi Sunak father-in-law is still trading in Putins sanctioned Russia or his wife getting furlongh money then closing down six gyms before the scheme finished finished

Terra Firma

""Don't let the small stuff get in the way"

How Fishi Sunak father-in-law is still trading in Putins sanctioned Russia or his wife getting furlongh money then closing down six gyms before the scheme finished finished"

you are getting bogged down with things that really have no influence over anything other than emotions.

golden fields

How Fishi Sunak father-in-law is still trading in Putins sanctioned Russia or his wife getting furlongh money then closing down six gyms before the scheme finished finished

you are getting bogged down with things that really have no influence over anything other than emotions.

"

Yes, ignore the corruption. Just focus on something else.

Terra Firma

Yes, ignore the corruption. Just focus on something else."

What corruption ?

golden fields

Yes, ignore the corruption. Just focus on something else.

What corruption ? "

As mentioned above.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"

Well when we are all led by an incompetent government, this is what will happen and will continue to happen, time and time again.

Wait till may, and express your disapproval at the ballot box.

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

But labour who hasn't been in power for years and haven't been given a chance are awful. Who can do worse them this??? It's a joke! Yet as a country we all take it. Other countries wouldn't have this. Absolute nonsense they haven't got the money due to covid. We are one of the richest countries in the world ... For themselves.... Rant over

golden fields

"But labour who hasn't been in power for years and haven't been given a chance are awful. Who can do worse them this??? It's a joke! Yet as a country we all take it. Other countries wouldn't have this. Absolute nonsense they haven't got the money due to covid. We are one of the richest countries in the world ... For themselves.... Rant over "

But you can't trust Labour, they might not have used the pandemic for disaster capitalism, they might not even hand billions of public money to their friends and neighbors. Ridiculous behaviour.

"But labour who hasn't been in power for years and haven't been given a chance are awful. Who can do worse them this??? It's a joke! Yet as a country we all take it. Other countries wouldn't have this. Absolute nonsense they haven't got the money due to covid. We are one of the richest countries in the world ... For themselves.... Rant over "

How on earth have Labour not been given a chance?

They have the same campaign opportunities as the other parties, take part in the same televised debates as the other parties.....

That the labour party can't gain enough votes to win an election isn't the Conservatives fault, it's that they can't form policies that will get them elected and get enough of their own supporters to believe them and cast their votes accordingly.

Labour "don't get a chance" is baloney.

Winston

golden fields

"But labour who hasn't been in power for years and haven't been given a chance are awful. Who can do worse them this??? It's a joke! Yet as a country we all take it. Other countries wouldn't have this. Absolute nonsense they haven't got the money due to covid. We are one of the richest countries in the world ... For themselves.... Rant over

They have the same campaign opportunities as the other parties, take part in the same televised debates as the other parties.....

That the labour party can't gain enough votes to win an election isn't the Conservatives fault, it's that they can't form policies that will get them elected and get enough of their own supporters to believe them and cast their votes accordingly.

Winston "

They don't have the backing of as much wealthy donors and don't have the majority of the media behind them.

Have a look at the blind policy quiz results. They have the second most popular policies (after the greens).

For the record, I don't think Labour would be much better than the Tories. But there are clearly reasons that people vote against their own interests consistently.

Terra Firma

"But labour who hasn't been in power for years and haven't been given a chance are awful. Who can do worse them this??? It's a joke! Yet as a country we all take it. Other countries wouldn't have this. Absolute nonsense they haven't got the money due to covid. We are one of the richest countries in the world ... For themselves.... Rant over

Winston

They don't have the backing of as much wealthy donors and don't have the majority of the media behind them.

Have a look at the blind policy quiz results. They have the second most popular policies (after the greens).

For the record, I don't think Labour would be much better than the Tories. But there are clearly reasons that people vote against their own interests consistently. "

You do remember labour voters voted conservative in huge numbers to keep Boris in role, and see Brexit through?

golden fields

Winston

For the record, I don't think Labour would be much better than the Tories. But there are clearly reasons that people vote against their own interests consistently.

You do remember labour voters voted conservative in huge numbers to keep Boris in role, and see Brexit through? "

Uh hu. For the benefit of the ultra wealthy, etc. The same people/corporations who benefit from the Tories.

By *itzi999Woman  over a year ago

Slough

this!

Winston

For the record, I don't think Labour would be much better than the Tories. But there are clearly reasons that people vote against their own interests consistently. "

"They don't have the backing of as much wealthy donors" even if that's true, why don't wealthy donors donate to the Labour party?

If people don't donate to the Labour party, that's not the fault of the Conservative party.

"But there are clearly reasons that people vote against their own interests consistently" possibly because they feel the alternative is much worse.

It saddens me that the Labour party seem unable to present a credible alternative.

Government, any government, needs a strong opposition. Currently, there doesn't seem to be one.

Winston

Terra Firma

Winston

"They don't have the backing of as much wealthy donors" even if that's true, why don't wealthy donors donate to the Labour party?

If people don't donate to the Labour party, that's not the fault of the Conservative party.

"But there are clearly reasons that people vote against their own interests consistently" possibly because they feel the alternative is much worse.

It saddens me that the Labour party seem unable to present a credible alternative.

Government, any government, needs a strong opposition. Currently, there doesn't seem to be one.

Winston

"

The next election should rebalance the nation, in my opinion. As far as I'm aware there are no major events that need people to switch parties to make happen.

Labour will in my opinion take the vote, and like you, I'm not convinced the party is capable of government. I'm not convinced with shadow cabinet, they've had many opportunities to shine but miss the mark pretty much every time.

We could simply step out of the noise and confusion of this government into an inactive, silence of the next.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

this was just one bacon sandwich moment for chancer of the exchequor, mr high risk anus .... there will be more on account of him being completely detatched from any kind of reality whatsoever.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

I would sack the plumb who told him it would be a good idea for a photo op

Let’s face it he would not be filling his own car up or even going shopping has a housekeeper to do all of that

Was probably not even his card he paid with.

Not a Tory bash just just seeing it as the PR failure it was

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Winston

Winston

The next election should rebalance the nation, in my opinion. As far as I'm aware there are no major events that need people to switch parties to make happen.

Labour will in my opinion take the vote, and like you, I'm not convinced the party is capable of government. I'm not convinced with shadow cabinet, they've had many opportunities to shine but miss the mark pretty much every time.

We could simply step out of the noise and confusion of this government into an inactive, silence of the next."

I hope your right that there will not be anymore large events between now and the next election. Labour need to step up and show they are a credible alternative and stop making excuses before an election has actually taken place.

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Winston

we should get the greens in power then !

The trouble is a) you have to believe the policies are doable.

And b) not feel your vote is also giving explicit approval to their flagship policies (eg a vote for greens will appear to give support for nuclear disarmament etc even if I'm voting for all their other policies other than the green ones)

Admittedly part of that for Corbyn was the media playing up his more left views.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Winston

For the record, I don't think Labour would be much better than the Tories. But there are clearly reasons that people vote against their own interests consistently. we should get the greens in power then !

The trouble is a) you have to believe the policies are doable.

And b) not feel your vote is also giving explicit approval to their flagship policies (eg a vote for greens will appear to give support for nuclear disarmament etc even if I'm voting for all their other policies other than the green ones)

Admittedly part of that for Corbyn was the media playing up his more left views. "

He didnt need the media to do that he has left views they are his views and the uk is not a left leaning country.

golden fields

Winston

Winston

"

Wealthy donors give less to Labour because they don't prioritise their needs over the needs of British people to the same degree.

I agree with the rest. All Labour are offering is a slightly less shit Conservative party. Certainly nothing to attract my vote.

By *ayturners turn hayMan  over a year ago

Wellingborugh

Apparently the knob didn't know how to pay for the petrol but how would a millionaire with a billionaire wife know how to do that?!, And drive a Kia? Fucking knob borrowed the far from an employee ffs . There is nothing wrong with posing for a photograph He did not claim to own the car . Would you preferred him to have posed with a more expensive vehicle and if so what difference would it have made? What possible difference does his wife's wealth have to the picture? Many people hsve put their card in the wrong place when attempting to scan it . His assets make no difference to the overall point of the photograph.

"

Winston

Winston

Wealthy donors give less to Labour because they don't prioritise their needs over the needs of British people to the same degree.

I agree with the rest. All Labour are offering is a slightly less shit Conservative party. Certainly nothing to attract my vote."

"Wealthy donors give less to Labour because......." turkeys don't vote for Christmas.

When the Labour party change their stance from wanting to take everything away from the wealthy, maybe the wealthy will start to give more support to their party.

Winston

golden fields

Winston

Winston

I agree with the rest. All Labour are offering is a slightly less shit Conservative party. Certainly nothing to attract my vote.

"Wealthy donors give less to Labour because......." turkeys don't vote for Christmas.

When the Labour party change their stance from wanting to take everything away from the wealthy, maybe the wealthy will start to give more support to their party.

Winston "

Turkeys consistently vote for Christmas. See brexit. See Tories keep getting voted in.

But yes. There you have it. Your second comment hits the nail on the head. This is exactly the problem with the current system. You'll only get elected if you represent those with all the £££.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Don’t know about “publicity stunt” but I am sure there are other words that sound similar that sum up fishi Rishi better!

Gloucestershire

Wow from Rishi sunak being out of touch, to a labour bashing thread is pretty remarkable.

How can I make it simple,

Its like a police officer arresting the passenger in the backseat of the car of a road traffic accident than the inebriated driver who caused the accident.

Labour haven’t been in power for 12 years, yet all the blame for everything that has happened is on them.

Besides there are alternative parties who you could vote for if you don’t like either tory or labour. Your choice at the ballot box

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

it turns out he put petrol in the poor sainsbury workers deisel kia

By *illi3736Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Amazing the absolute shit show the Conservative party have made of the country.From brexit to even the furlough in which they managed to feather the nests of "Friends". Yet despite Cameron.May and the buffon that is Boris some on here think Labour would be worse ? How could it be worse...The tories are running on empty a party drifting with no leadership.

By *TMA that man againMan  over a year ago

worester

"

#shortmemory

Winston

New Labour were basically as shit as the Tories. And a long while back now."

And last time the other option was Corbyn, Watson and Abbott..... don't need to look further than that for Bojo's landslide!!

"Wow from Rishi sunak being out of touch, to a labour bashing thread is pretty remarkable.

Its like a police officer arresting the passenger in the backseat of the car of a road traffic accident than the inebriated driver who caused the accident.

Labour haven’t been in power for 12 years, yet all the blame for everything that has happened is on them.

Besides there are alternative parties who you could vote for if you don’t like either tory or labour. Your choice at the ballot box

"

I'm not seeing Labour bashing or blame for Rishi Sunal (or anything for that matter) being laid on the Labour party.

I must be reading a different thread.

Winston

golden fields

"Wow from Rishi sunak being out of touch, to a labour bashing thread is pretty remarkable.

I'm not seeing Labour bashing or blame for Rishi Sunal (or anything for that matter) being laid on the Labour party.

Winston"

There is some "what about Corbyn" going on though. Which personally I enjoy.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"it turns out he put petrol in the poor sainsbury workers deisel kia "

Is that true? If do then that is truly hilarious

Gloucestershire

Winston"

That’s two tabs open on your browser for you

» Add a new message to this topic