FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Election

Election

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aleforfun22 OP   Man  over a year ago

Lancashire

What's everybody's thoughts on the next election who you going to be voting.has borris lost it through his lies .what can labour do to catch up or for the first time ever let another party have a go who will support the old people.the NHS. And not so well of families. And look after all our country instead of the rich.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

I'll vote, despite the fact that I know the tories will win.

Conservative voters don't give a fuck how corrupt they are, how much the party and laugh while British people die of covid. Nobody seems to give a fuck that they used the pandemic to make their pals rich with public money.

They were behind the brexit clusterfuck. Which their supporters still seem to think is a good idea.

What can you do.

Lancashire

"I'll vote, despite the fact that I know the tories will win.

Conservative voters don't give a fuck how corrupt they are, how much the party and laugh while British people die of covid. Nobody seems to give a fuck that they used the pandemic to make their pals rich with public money.

They were behind the brexit clusterfuck. Which their supporters still seem to think is a good idea.

What can you do. "

Lancashire

I agree what you say that the tories don't care about anyone but themselves but surely if Boris gets found guilty he will lose a lot of his supporters and his party will be damaged big time

golden fields

"I agree what you say that the tories don't care about anyone but themselves but surely if Boris gets found guilty he will lose a lot of his supporters and his party will be damaged big time "

People keep saying that with every scandal. But it never makes a difference.

Lancashire

Hopefully this one will as people was dying and not being able to see there families cause they stuck to his rules then he was having parties and he lied about.doesn't go down well with most of the public.unless they are up his backside

golden fields

"Hopefully this one will as people was dying and not being able to see there families cause they stuck to his rules then he was having parties and he lied about.doesn't go down well with most of the public.unless they are up his backside "

I hope so too. But I don't have much optimism.

Lancashire

Fingers crossed

By *ornyone30Man  over a year ago

ABERDEEN

Doesnt matter who you vote for, they are all rich out of touch arseholes who think of nobody but themselves. Sack the house of lords, stop mps having 2nd jobs and limit their expenses to a reasonable amount, 2nd homes? Fuck that, if you accept a job miles from home, thats your look out, and let us decide when they get a pay rise

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

There are more than just 2 main parties and I'm fed up with the binary mindset that the media constantly promotes.

We both vote long-term, for the future. We like to get the manifestos and spend some time reading them, discussing their relevance and importance.

We both know the party we would like to see in power may not make it at the election, but a vote for them is a vote denied to the parties we don't like, and well as a slow, steady growth of their power base.

By *mateur100Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

What can you do. "

Are you suggesting that anyone who's ever voted Tory is to blame for anything that's gone wrong in the nation (or world?).

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not voting for tories, labour (if they exist anymore?) libtards, Green Party (probably vegan nutters) so that leaves a nice independent party please.

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

What can you do. "

Maybe if labour were to put up a credible leader as candidate they may have more success.

The only reason Johnson got the win in the last general election was because his opposition was Corbyn.

Now Corbyn has gone, they chose Starmer to lead the way, and to be honest, he doesn’t seem much better.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What can you do.

Maybe if labour were to put up a credible leader as candidate they may have more success.

The only reason Johnson got the win in the last general election was because his opposition was Corbyn.

Now Corbyn has gone, they chose Starmer to lead the way, and to be honest, he doesn’t seem much better. "

To win the next election labour need to start telling lies, unfortunately, at present , lies and bull shit wins referendums and elections .

golden fields

What can you do.

Are you suggesting that anyone who's ever voted Tory is to blame for anything that's gone wrong in the nation (or world?).

"

No.

golden fields

What can you do.

Now Corbyn has gone, they chose Starmer to lead the way, and to be honest, he doesn’t seem much better. "

The opposite of voting Tory isn't voting labour. There are many other options, don't vote, vote for some other party etc.

It's time to stop pointing at labour during a discussion of how the Tories are running the country into the ground for their own profit.

golden fields

What can you do.

Now Corbyn has gone, they chose Starmer to lead the way, and to be honest, he doesn’t seem much better.

To win the next election labour need to start telling lies, unfortunately, at present , lies and bull shit wins referendums and elections ."

The only way Labour can win is to do what Blair did, and become a second Tory party, represent big business over British people. Then they might have a chance.

nr faversham

What can you do.

No."

"Conservative voters don't give a fuck" suggests otherwise.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Its a long way off but as usual i will look at the party manifesto,s see which one most resembles the needs for me and my family and vote accordingly.

golden fields

What can you do.

No.

"Conservative voters don't give a fuck" suggests otherwise."

No it doesn't.

nr faversham

"Its a long way off but as usual i will look at the party manifesto,s see which one most resembles the needs for me and my family and vote accordingly. "

Sadly the days of being able to trust the contents of a manifesto seem to have long gone.

near ipswich

"Its a long way off but as usual i will look at the party manifesto,s see which one most resembles the needs for me and my family and vote accordingly.

Sadly the days of being able to trust the contents of a manifesto seem to have long gone. "

I dont agree i think all parties try to stick to their pledges although they dont always succeed due to many reasons and you are never going to get everything you want but hey ho that's life.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

Labour will win the next election.

Why? This is the first election since labour voters voted conservative on mass to secure Brexit.

Labour will take most of London, the North and Midlands, turning conservative strongholds red in those areas. This will be the Boris after effect, the polar opposite of that last election.

Other parties have really not had a minute to shine with world events and the constant headlines of corruption and sleaze. Don't forget we have another 2 years of Boris's shenanigans, and history would indicate there is a lot more to come from him yet.

Will Labour make a good government? Can it be worse, will be the question, and the tipping point for conservative voters switching.

I hate to say this but Labour need a strategist that has a mind that can cut through the periphery and focus on the win. They need their own Cummings to stand a chance, they certainly haven't got an insider with that skillset.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Problem is if anyone else gets in after the Tories it's going to take more than one term in power to turn things around.

I mean the Tories are still blaming labour now for stuff they did when last in power.

I don't have any strong affiliations to any of the parties but Kier Starmer seems like an honest enough man.

But don't they all!!

I don't know who I will vote for but I certainly won't be broadcasting it.

It's no one's business other than mine.

nr faversham

"Problem is if anyone else gets in after the Tories it's going to take more than one term in power to turn things around.

I mean the Tories are still blaming labour now for stuff they did when last in power.

I don't have any strong affiliations to any of the parties but Kier Starmer seems like an honest enough man.

But don't they all!!

It's no one's business other than mine."

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"Problem is if anyone else gets in after the Tories it's going to take more than one term in power to turn things around.

But don't they all!!

It's no one's business other than mine."

We need new optimism as a country, after all the turmoil we have been through. I don't care where that comes from as long as it happens.

The feeling of a fresh start, hopefully will kickstart the economy and give us a chance to put this period behind us.

Now what anthem do we need?

The other parties should already be planting this seed, where are they!!!!

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

"I agree what you say that the tories don't care about anyone but themselves but surely if Boris gets found guilty he will lose a lot of his supporters and his party will be damaged big time "

He was already discredited long ago for lying and got sacked. People don't care they'll still blindly vote for him

golden fields

"I agree what you say that the tories don't care about anyone but themselves but surely if Boris gets found guilty he will lose a lot of his supporters and his party will be damaged big time

He was already discredited long ago for lying and got sacked. People don't care they'll still blindly vote for him "

Yep. And if they should get rid of Boris and put someone else in for the next election, it will just be more of the same.

near ipswich

But don't they all!!

We need new optimism as a country, after all the turmoil we have been through. I don't care where that comes from as long as it happens.

The feeling of a fresh start, hopefully will kickstart the economy and give us a chance to put this period behind us.

The other parties should already be planting this seed, where are they!!!! "

Exactly where are they? all i hear is the slagging off what the government are doing thats easy what i dont hear is what they intend doing and how they are going to pay for it.

Its so easy being the opposition but when it comes to winning you have to have believable and popular policies something labour have failed in all to often.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

considering that the conservatives have broken every manifesto promise since the run up to the 2010 election then anyone who thinks that waiting to read a future manifesto before voting tory is a complete and utter idiot.

near ipswich

"considering that the conservatives have broken every manifesto promise since the run up to the 2010 election then anyone who thinks that waiting to read a future manifesto before voting tory is a complete and utter idiot. "
You obviously haven't read any then, so how do you non idiots decide how to vote im interested to know.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

But don't they all!!

The other parties should already be planting this seed, where are they!!!! Exactly where are they? all i hear is the slagging off what the government are doing thats easy what i dont hear is what they intend doing and how they are going to pay for it.

Its so easy being the opposition but when it comes to winning you have to have believable and popular policies something labour have failed in all to often."

I agree you’re right the Labour Party needs to draw some stated approach. Personally I think. A fairer tax regime collecting money from corporations and very rich individuals would be a good start.

Nuclear weapons yes

Nuclear power absolutely. Joint venture the key utilities so the government can use excess profits to improve services but investors can get a return above the going rates. Also only U.K. based investors. Very easy with a monopoly.

Get rid of the lords. 200 in a second house max. PR elected. Adopt 2009 expenses recommendations. ( still not adopted 13 years later.)

Do away with party politics at local council level. I have never understood the benefit of that. Oh an intelligence test for councillors and no one over 70.

Throw money at education. No not the staff wages but more teachers to pupils ratio and facilities. Join the customs union to help business.

The above is mute as the Tory party machine is well funded and oiled to deceive. Notice how at every PM questions the PM says “captain hindsight” and “we took the big decisions”. Every time. That’s not an accident as it’s a re enforcing thought for the voters and it avoids anyone saying you didn’t answer the question. I think the opposition should start calling Boris, Billy as in Billy Liar.

Political party broadcast for any opposition over

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"What's everybody's thoughts on the next election who you going to be voting.has borris lost it through his lies .what can labour do to catch up or for the first time ever let another party have a go who will support the old people.the NHS. And not so well of families. And look after all our country instead of the rich."

You mention another party that will support old people, the NHS, not so well off families instead of the rich. What party is this? I will not decide until closer to the time but whoever I vote for need to earn it

nr faversham

But don't they all!!

The other parties should already be planting this seed, where are they!!!! Exactly where are they? all i hear is the slagging off what the government are doing thats easy what i dont hear is what they intend doing and how they are going to pay for it.

Its so easy being the opposition but when it comes to winning you have to have believable and popular policies something labour have failed in all to often.

I agree you’re right the Labour Party needs to draw some stated approach. Personally I think. A fairer tax regime collecting money from corporations and very rich individuals would be a good start.

Nuclear weapons yes

Nuclear power absolutely. Joint venture the key utilities so the government can use excess profits to improve services but investors can get a return above the going rates. Also only U.K. based investors. Very easy with a monopoly.

Get rid of the lords. 200 in a second house max. PR elected. Adopt 2009 expenses recommendations. ( still not adopted 13 years later.)

Do away with party politics at local council level. I have never understood the benefit of that. Oh an intelligence test for councillors and no one over 70.

Throw money at education. No not the staff wages but more teachers to pupils ratio and facilities. Join the customs union to help business.

The above is mute as the Tory party machine is well funded and oiled to deceive. Notice how at every PM questions the PM says “captain hindsight” and “we took the big decisions”. Every time. That’s not an accident as it’s a re enforcing thought for the voters and it avoids anyone saying you didn’t answer the question. I think the opposition should start calling Boris, Billy as in Billy Liar.

Political party broadcast for any opposition over "

Fairer tax - we all pay the same %. I'm happy with that, but you won't be

Nuclear weapons - I believe they are needed as a deterrent

Nuclear power - agreed

Lords - not convinced about the replacement ideal but agree it's in need of a revamp

PR - pie in the the sky

Expenses - agreed

Education - agreed but need to accept that higher education isn't for everyone and it's not a bad thing

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

The tories will get a hard kick in the electoral bollocks, been speaking to a lot of people and they are just tired of the rule breaking, the incompetence, the corruption and sleaze, and cost of living crisis.

This is coming from tory voters, they said they will be voting reform, staying at home, or voting Lib Dems, a few even said they would be voting labour. I wasn’t surprised, people can harp on about the tories winning it this time, but it’s practically febrile out there.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

But don't they all!!

Nuclear weapons yes

Political party broadcast for any opposition over

Fairer tax - we all pay the same %. I'm happy with that, but you won't be

Nuclear weapons - I believe they are needed as a deterrent

Nuclear power - agreed

Lords - not convinced about the replacement ideal but agree it's in need of a revamp

PR - pie in the the sky

Expenses - agreed

Education - agreed but need to accept that higher education isn't for everyone and it's not a bad thing

"

We don’t pay the same tax at all and that’s the deceit controlled by the rich elite to convince you otherwise. Sadly you believe it to be true. . Look at the owner of the Daily Mail the paper that rants about people on benefits.

The paper is owned through a tax feee trust in a British tax haven The sole benefactor of the trust is Jonathan Harmsworth.

Invoices are charged across from the trust to avoid profits in the U.K.

Mr Harmsworth was born in the U.K. as were his parents and he lives in Wiltshire. He pays no tax as he claims non domicile status based on his father living in Paris.

He should pay the same top rate of 45% as employees do.

If he and many others are paying nothing. How is that fair? Seriously nothing. Hundreds of millions of earnings now avoid tax on interest too.

Amazon do not pay corporation tax in the U.K. on the vast majority of their profits. They and many others ( I’ve personally witnessed this) just send a bill from a low tax regime country.

If Harmsworth or Lord Bamford are involved in a car accident they would expect. an ambulance and a fire engine and perhaps a judge to watch a case. You and all the average income workers will be paying for all that because they don’t.

For you to read

Fact check: Rothermere saves a fortune in tax each year on account of his ‘non-dom’ status, but these concessions he could have expected to lose when the European Union’s Anti-Tax Avoidance Directive comes into force on January 1 next year. So long as the UK cuts its ties with the EU before then, his lordship, will be sitting pretty.

Do you remember the daily Mail recommending it’s readers to vote leave daily?

https://amp.theguardian.com/business/2014/jul/10/whos-who-britain-legal-offshore-tax-avoidance-james-dyson

To show the total hypocrisy. They actually had the disgusting brazen contempt to print this.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2287216/amp/Revealed-One-UKs-companies-pay-tax.html

Education should give equal credit to vocational I agree.

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

"We don’t pay the same tax at all and that’s the deceit controlled by the rich elite to convince you otherwise. Sadly you believe it to be true. . Look at the owner of the Daily Mail the paper that rants about people on benefits.

The paper is owned through a tax feee trust in a British tax haven The sole benefactor of the trust is Jonathan Harmsworth."

Very true and here's the problem...I know several individuals almost in this category and each one believes they are "owed" something for their altruism in employing thousands of people, many on nat min.wage

One of them freely admits to corporate benefit scrounging. (Known as Corporate Welfare...there are many sites where you can read up about it).

And each whinges about "having to make considerable personal risks to make their business successful", blah blah blah, like a 5-year old showing their parents they can ride a bike, except the bike has tax-payer funded stabilisers on it.

Then Rothmere prints a dog-whistle article about some immigrants coming here to steal your nat.min.wage jobs, whilst legally avoiding another couple of million in taxes.

» Add a new message to this topic