FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Disposable Income

Disposable Income

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *V-Alice OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

Nobody seems to be talking about it much - if at all - but it's an important factor in the economy.

Due to the various increases in the cost of living, for all but very few of us, disposable income is going to decrease. For many millions, it's going to plummet.

Lack of it will drive many of those already in poverty into destitution; and, perhaps, crime.

Those that Theresa May called the 'Just About Managing'; they won't be anymore, they'll be driven into increasing debt and poverty.

Those still able to pay their bills, will be having fewer new cars, holidays, nights out, little luxuries.

How so? Well, the majority of people can't spend the same money twice.

If you've paid all your bills and you've got 20% less than you used to have left over; that's a big dent in your spending power. It may even put you off taking a loan, since you'd have repayments to worry about.

In any event, Sunak is going to have less money to play with, over the next two years (at least) from VAT and the various taxes on businesses, whose profits will be smaller.

I know he's got other things on his mind, at the moment; but he's going to have to think about how he'll share out a smaller pie.

If he can't afford to borrow - and after the last two years, he can't, really - who's going to be in line for the pain this time?

It'll have to be the people who actually have any money left; which, as a Tory Chancellor, is the complete opposite of his primary function - protect the wealth of the wealthy.

It'll be interesting to see what he does.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've actually got more disposable income due to good pay rise and lowering my out goings but spending less as I see some companies take piss with increasing prices used to go out every weekend not now very rarely go out as cost of a pint 3.50 same pint at home.60 p takeaway going same cheaper to eat out than takeaway.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

[Removed by poster at 09/04/22 17:27:40]

7 of my friends disposable incomes has increased by over 400% as they still work from home and are saving in car journeys wear and tear on vehicles - fuel - eating at lunchtime from local shops - clothing - office birthday showers - perfumes - cosmetics - hair products - laundry/dry cleaning etc etc.

"7 of my friends disposable incomes has increased by over 400% as they still work from home and are saving in car journeys wear and tear on vehicles - fuel - eating at lunchtime from local shops - clothing - office birthday showers - perfumes - cosmetics - hair products - laundry/dry cleaning etc etc."

That's that then - if your friends are an example of how well things are going then things are certainly looking up!

Excellent news

"7 of my friends disposable incomes has increased by over 400% as they still work from home and are saving in car journeys wear and tear on vehicles - fuel - eating at lunchtime from local shops - clothing - office birthday showers - perfumes - cosmetics - hair products - laundry/dry cleaning etc etc.

That's that then - if your friends are an example of how well things are going then things are certainly looking up!

Excellent news "

Awww Ruining your race to bottom?

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"Nobody seems to be talking about it much - if at all - but it's an important factor in the economy.

Due to the various increases in the cost of living, for all but very few of us, disposable income is going to decrease. For many millions, it's going to plummet.

Lack of it will drive many of those already in poverty into destitution; and, perhaps, crime.

Those that Theresa May called the 'Just About Managing'; they won't be anymore, they'll be driven into increasing debt and poverty.

Those still able to pay their bills, will be having fewer new cars, holidays, nights out, little luxuries.

How so? Well, the majority of people can't spend the same money twice.

If you've paid all your bills and you've got 20% less than you used to have left over; that's a big dent in your spending power. It may even put you off taking a loan, since you'd have repayments to worry about.

In any event, Sunak is going to have less money to play with, over the next two years (at least) from VAT and the various taxes on businesses, whose profits will be smaller.

I know he's got other things on his mind, at the moment; but he's going to have to think about how he'll share out a smaller pie.

If he can't afford to borrow - and after the last two years, he can't, really - who's going to be in line for the pain this time?

It'll have to be the people who actually have any money left; which, as a Tory Chancellor, is the complete opposite of his primary function - protect the wealth of the wealthy.

It'll be interesting to see what he does."

Your right for many disposable income will reduce which is never good. Tax increases and price rises will insure this as is happening elsewhere. I have been lucky in that for the last year and a bit my job is far more secure ( though obviously not guaranteed) and wage rises far bigger than expected. Having said that the way things are going that could be wiped out and I will have to cut back. Personally and regretfully I will probably not go abroad for hols and do a staycation instead

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

it seems that a random person on the internet's 7 friends will inadvertently save enough money from the imposition of covid measures to ensure the country's economy doesn't suffer from lack of disposable income. perhaps we should let the chancer of the exchequer mr high risk anus, that his job may be safe after all.

"it seems that a random person on the internet's 7 friends will inadvertently save enough money from the imposition of covid measures to ensure the country's economy doesn't suffer from lack of disposable income. perhaps we should let the chancer of the exchequer mr high risk anus, that his job may be safe after all. "

7 x 7 x 7 x 7 ad infinitum . . .

Awww Bless.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

it appears that internet randoms have flawed methodology regarding arithmetic exponential theory and it's application to socio-economic modelling.

I wonder how many times you read yourself back lmao?

I found a 20p coin under my settee while hoovering if that's disposable income

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Got promoted. Have had the benefit of that swallowed up and now got the stress of running the department for fuck all extra remuneration and the expectation to lead by example so no more working from home as much.

Suppose I better put in for a hybrid.

Good times.

Ayr

"7 of my friends disposable incomes has increased by over 400% as they still work from home and are saving in car journeys wear and tear on vehicles - fuel - eating at lunchtime from local shops - clothing - office birthday showers - perfumes - cosmetics - hair products - laundry/dry cleaning etc etc."

Drivel that doesn't address the reality of what's going to happen to the economy.

How very like you to be so utterly pointless.

Ayr

So, here we are, four weeks on - and it's an issue, after all.

One the Government doesn't seem to be willing to take advice on; especially when it comes to the poor.

"So, here we are, four weeks on - and it's an issue, after all.

One the Government doesn't seem to be willing to take advice on; especially when it comes to the poor."

7% last time. Might top 10% next. Up and up she goes!

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Easy way out of this according to Rachel Maclean the safeguarding minister.

Just get another higher paying job or take on some extra work.

Brilliant.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"Easy way out of this according to Rachel Maclean the safeguarding minister.

Just get another higher paying job or take on some extra work.

Brilliant.

"

Or become an MP. The £87k baseline salary is easy to top up with consultancy fees. In fact, there is no ceiling to what you can earn through your 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc job. Nobody even checks you have enough time to do your actual 1st job either, although that one also comes with a very generous expenses package!

"7 of my friends disposable incomes has increased by over 400% as they still work from home and are saving in car journeys wear and tear on vehicles - fuel - eating at lunchtime from local shops - clothing - office birthday showers - perfumes - cosmetics - hair products - laundry/dry cleaning etc etc.

Excellent news

Awww Ruining your race to bottom?"

Haha you sussed it quick

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

I guess they didn't have much disposable income to begin with if it's up over 400% or they drive maclarens to work

I guess they didn't have much disposable income to begin with if it's up over 400% or they drive maclarens to work "

Their disposable income has not gone up a penny, it is their discretionary spending power that has changed. Their income and tax liabilities will largely be the same. Some fixed and optional costs will have been saved hence an increase in their discretionary budget.

» Add a new message to this topic