FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > NCA and ppe fraud

NCA and ppe fraud

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ostafun OP   Man  over a year ago

near ipswich

Good to see that they are gathering evidence against those who have ripped us all off,lets hope they can recover money and prosecute.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Interesting to see this also involves the Isle of Man Constabulary. Wonder if they are investigating the company with “links” to Tory Peer Michelle Moane and her husband Doug Barrowman? She used her position to exploit the “VIP lane” to secure orders for this company (with no track record of medical supplies) that sourced from China then charged a 300% mark up that was tax free as IoM is a tax haven.

Remain sceptical though as doubt this investigation will involve Tory MPs and Ministers, afterall the NCA is underfunded and who provides their budget!

By *ostafun OP   Man  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Interesting to see this also involves the Isle of Man Constabulary. Wonder if they are investigating the company with “links” to Tory Peer Michelle Moane and her husband Doug Barrowman? She used her position to exploit the “VIP lane” to secure orders for this company (with no track record of medical supplies) that sourced from China then charged a 300% mark up that was tax free as IoM is a tax haven.

Remain sceptical though as doubt this investigation will involve Tory MPs and Ministers, afterall the NCA is underfunded and who provides their budget! "

I think its best to wait and see before speculating dont you?

Brighton

"Interesting to see this also involves the Isle of Man Constabulary. Wonder if they are investigating the company with “links” to Tory Peer Michelle Moane and her husband Doug Barrowman? She used her position to exploit the “VIP lane” to secure orders for this company (with no track record of medical supplies) that sourced from China then charged a 300% mark up that was tax free as IoM is a tax haven.

Remain sceptical though as doubt this investigation will involve Tory MPs and Ministers, afterall the NCA is underfunded and who provides their budget! I think its best to wait and see before speculating dont you?"

Where’s the fun in that?

By *rDiscretionXXXMan  over a year ago

Gilfach

"I think its best to wait and see before speculating dont you?"

If you're going to speculate, you have to do it before the facts come out.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

Remain sceptical though as doubt this investigation will involve Tory MPs and Ministers, afterall the NCA is underfunded and who provides their budget! "

It will be interesting to see what comes out.

Let's hope that people who unethically profited from the disaster capitalism opportunities provided by the pandemic get some consequences.

I'm sceptical. But it will be interesting to see what happens.

Brighton

"I think its best to wait and see before speculating dont you?

If you're going to speculate, you have to do it before the facts come out."

Brighton

Oh look I was right...

“National Crime Agency raids London home of Conservative peer, Baroness Michelle Mone while Isle of Man police execute warrants at four addresses on the island associated with her husband's offshore business.“

By *ayturners turn hayMan  over a year ago

Wellingborugh

"Oh look I was right...

“National Crime Agency raids London home of Conservative peer, Baroness Michelle Mone while Isle of Man police execute warrants at four addresses on the island associated with her husband's offshore business.“"

However a raid is very different to having any evidence that a crime was committed . I prefer to assume that everyone is innocent unto proved guilty. Look at what happened to Cliff Richard when false assumptions were made

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Oh look I was right...

“National Crime Agency raids London home of Conservative peer, Baroness Michelle Mone while Isle of Man police execute warrants at four addresses on the island associated with her husband's offshore business.“ However a raid is very different to having any evidence that a crime was committed . I prefer to assume that everyone is innocent unto proved guilty. Look at what happened to Cliff Richard when false assumptions were made

"

What happened to Cliff Richard?

"Oh look I was right...

“National Crime Agency raids London home of Conservative peer, Baroness Michelle Mone while Isle of Man police execute warrants at four addresses on the island associated with her husband's offshore business.“ However a raid is very different to having any evidence that a crime was committed . I prefer to assume that everyone is innocent unto proved guilty. Look at what happened to Cliff Richard when false assumptions were made

"

Btw, you do need some evidence before making a ‘raid’

Brighton

"Oh look I was right...

"

You do like defending these people don’t you.

Simple yes/no answers:

1) Is it acceptable to you during a national emergency to exploit your position to secure contracts for a company you/your spouse is involved with - YES / NO

2) Is it acceptable to you during a national emergency to add a 300% mark up to the PPE you sourced from China - YES / NO

3) Is it acceptable to you that this was all done via a company that had zero experience in procuring medical supplies inc PPE - YES / NO

4) Is it acceptable to you that this company is registered in an offshore tax haven meaning that not a penny of tax has been paid on that 300% mark up - YES / NO

5) Are the NCA and IoM Constabulary allowed to raid offices/property without a warrant - YES / NO

6) Does the British Justice system grant Warrants without justifiable evidence - YES / NO

Thanks for playing.

"Good to see that they are gathering evidence against those who have ripped us all off,lets hope they can recover money and prosecute."

No doubt they’ll spend millions more of tax payers money to ultimately just say “yes, we were ripped off...here’s the bill”

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"Oh look I was right...

What happened to Cliff Richard? "

He was suspected of PPE fraud but turns out he was caught flogging theatre gowns in the west end . He was a bit confused pooor lad!

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Oh look I was right...

"

I agree here.

I also believe once found guilty, then they continue to be so until a court over turns the decision.

By *ayturners turn hayMan  over a year ago

Wellingborugh

"Oh look I was right...

Simple yes/no answers:

1) Is it acceptable to you during a national emergency to exploit your position to secure contracts for a company you/your spouse is involved with - YES / NO

2) Is it acceptable to you during a national emergency to add a 300% mark up to the PPE you sourced from China - YES / NO

3) Is it acceptable to you that this was all done via a company that had zero experience in procuring medical supplies inc PPE - YES / NO

4) Is it acceptable to you that this company is registered in an offshore tax haven meaning that not a penny of tax has been paid on that 300% mark up - YES / NO

5) Are the NCA and IoM Constabulary allowed to raid offices/property without a warrant - YES / NO

6) Does the British Justice system grant Warrants without justifiable evidence - YES / NO

Thanks for playing."

. My statement was not defending anyone. I simply pointed out that the exercise of a search warrant is hardly evidence that a crime has been committed. What happened to Cliff Richard shows how dangerous it is to make false assumptions . All the allegations of Carl Beech were subsequently proved to be false. It is hardly unreasonable to require evidence before accusing someome of wrong doing. In answer to your first two questions there was a national crisis and we had to compete on the world market to obtain ppe by any means possible. Doing businness with China is not easy. Someone I know paid for a shipping container and was scammed. They subsequently had to close their businness down as the losses involved were substantial The operating margin would need to reflect the risks taken. For Q3 the most important aspect would be businness experience in any product It makes no difference where a company is registered. Any funds transfered to the UK would still be taxed on a remittance basis . The amount of evidence required to obtain a warrant is not very high . How many courts or magistrates decline such requests ? Taking legal action against the police is very expensive and the cards are loaded firmly in favour of the police.

By *ustintime69Man  over a year ago

Bristol

"Oh look I was right...

Simple yes/no answers:

Thanks for playing.. My statement was not defending anyone. I simply pointed out that the exercise of a search warrant is hardly evidence that a crime has been committed. What happened to Cliff Richard shows how dangerous it is to make false assumptions . All the allegations of Carl Beech were subsequently proved to be false. It is hardly unreasonable to require evidence before accusing someome of wrong doing. In answer to your first two questions there was a national crisis and we had to compete on the world market to obtain ppe by any means possible. Doing businness with China is not easy. Someone I know paid for a shipping container and was scammed. They subsequently had to close their businness down as the losses involved were substantial The operating margin would need to reflect the risks taken. For Q3 the most important aspect would be businness experience in any product It makes no difference where a company is registered. Any funds transfered to the UK would still be taxed on a remittance basis . The amount of evidence required to obtain a warrant is not very high . How many courts or magistrates decline such requests ? Taking legal action against the police is very expensive and the cards are loaded firmly in favour of the police. "

At the time the loans were being given out the government wanted to be seen to be doing something heroic but as a friend of mine who works for one of the big four banks said, the banks asked what they should do regarding due diligence on the companies requesting loans and were told that they were to get on with giving out the loans and that the government (ie taxpayer) would pick up the tab if there were any defaults. In one case he knows of a person owned 13 companies, 9 of which were dormant and he claimed the full loans for each company, then spent those loans on high end vehicles and dividends and shortly after rolled the 9 dormant companies over. It brings a whole new level of corruption to the clay feet of Boris and Rishi!

» Add a new message to this topic