FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > The Aftermath

The Aftermath

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *bernath OP   Couple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

What a day!

Time to get to the point.

Tories got their ass kicked

Lib Dems are rehabilitated and are back and taking on the tories and labour in expected and unexpected places.

Labour rebuilding in the South and holding in the north and rebuilding in Scotland

Greens have become serious

SNP still in charge in Scotland

SF in the driving seat in NI

Welsh Labour continues onward

Just shows that there are many people totally dissatisfied with this current government and its incompetence.

And what the Tories going to do? Rearrange the deckchairs on the torytanic? usually is their go to.

Or are they going to do the right thing and get rid of the biggest problem they have?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"What a day!

Lib Dems are rehabilitated and are back and taking on the tories and labour in expected and unexpected places.

Labour rebuilding in the South and holding in the north and rebuilding in Scotland

Just shows that there are many people totally dissatisfied with this current government and its incompetence.

And what the Tories going to do? Rearrange the deckchairs on the torytanic? usually is their go to.

Or are they going to do the right thing and get rid of the biggest problem they have?"

Boris is a dead man walking,Tory council leaders blaming him for their defeat, the only thing keeping him in the job is that there isn’t a suitable replacement , yet

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"What a day!

Or are they going to do the right thing and get rid of the biggest problem they have?

Boris is a dead man walking,Tory council leaders blaming him for their defeat, the only thing keeping him in the job is that there isn’t a suitable replacement , yet "

There isn’t a suitable replacement because he created a cabinet of loyalists instead of competent Ministers.

First rule of good management - surround yourself with people who want your job, not people who say nice things to you.

"What a day!

Boris is a dead man walking,Tory council leaders blaming him for their defeat, the only thing keeping him in the job is that there isn’t a suitable replacement , yet

There isn’t a suitable replacement because he created a cabinet of loyalists instead of competent Ministers.

First rule of good management - surround yourself with people who want your job, not people who say nice things to you."

Pretty much. They've held off replacing him so far because they have no frontrunner to step in when he goes.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

I think sir kier the hypocrite will be replaced before boris is.

"I think sir kier the hypocrite will be replaced before boris is. "

He definitely will if he gets fined, but Boris the hypocrite will stumble on until he is forced out, one man has morals the other only cares about himself , this is now the Tory way

near ipswich

"I think sir kier the hypocrite will be replaced before boris is.

He definitely will if he gets fined, but Boris the hypocrite will stumble on until he is forced out, one man has morals the other only cares about himself , this is now the Tory way "

As i said before the hypocrite painted himself into a korma he should have shut up about party's months ago and got on with the job of being an opposition.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"What a day!

Or are they going to do the right thing and get rid of the biggest problem they have?"

The Tory propaganda machine, and the Tory supporting press will bring normality back at the next GE. Doesn't matter who is in charge at the top for the Tories. They represent the interests of big business, so they have the money, they represent the interests of the billionaires who own the press, so they get the support.

There is nothing to give me any hope of anything other than more of the same shit government for the foreseeable future.

North West

He definitely will if he gets fined, but Boris the hypocrite will stumble on until he is forced out, one man has morals the other only cares about himself , this is now the Tory way As i said before the hypocrite painted himself into a korma he should have shut up about party's months ago and got on with the job of being an opposition."

And if he is cleared again - then what?

Will it be a cover-up? Double standards?

Or how about just the truth. They had been out campaigning, restaurants were closed because of lockdown and so they ordered a takeaway.

near ipswich

He definitely will if he gets fined, but Boris the hypocrite will stumble on until he is forced out, one man has morals the other only cares about himself , this is now the Tory way As i said before the hypocrite painted himself into a korma he should have shut up about party's months ago and got on with the job of being an opposition.

And if he is cleared again - then what?

Will it be a cover-up? Double standards?

Or how about just the truth. They had been out campaigning, restaurants were closed because of lockdown and so they ordered a takeaway. "

But there were according to reports around 14 restaurants doing outside catering where up to 6 people could mix and also the hotel where he was staying was serving although he lied and said it wasn't.

By *itzi999Woman  over a year ago

Slough

this!!!

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

that is the only way labour will stand a chance if he’s replaced fingers crossed

near ipswich

"I think sir kier the hypocrite will be replaced before boris is. that is the only way labour will stand a chance if he’s replaced fingers crossed "
Who they got to replace him though?

thornaby

"I think sir kier the hypocrite will be replaced before boris is. that is the only way labour will stand a chance if he’s replaced fingers crossed Who they got to replace him though?"
ye they have the same problem as the tories there not much choice but for me anyone but kier

golden fields

"I think sir kier the hypocrite will be replaced before boris is. that is the only way labour will stand a chance if he’s replaced fingers crossed Who they got to replace him though?ye they have the same problem as the tories there not much choice but for me anyone but kier "

Even though Boris broke the law and was fined and Kier wasn't.

Amazing.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

He definitely will if he gets fined, but Boris the hypocrite will stumble on until he is forced out, one man has morals the other only cares about himself , this is now the Tory way As i said before the hypocrite painted himself into a korma he should have shut up about party's months ago and got on with the job of being an opposition."

This is laughable nonsense, even by your pitifully low standards.

If SKS hasn't been effective in opposing the Government, how do you explain the local election results?

Obviously, he can only take credit for what Labour gains there were - but if it wasn't down to his leadership of an opposition; what was it down to?

Low turnout? If that's the excuse; what was stopping loyal Tories from coming out to vote for the people running their outstanding councils?

Could it be, perhaps, it was due to Tory voters being so disgusted by Boris and the creatures he leads, that they stayed at home, rather than vote for a party led by an incompetent liar?

Several Tory MPs - including Tobias Ellwood - have made that point, or similar.

So, if it's the case - it does rather question Boris' leadership.

As for shutting up about 'Partygate' - why should anyone who thinks the PM shouldn't be able to lie to Parliament and get away with it, keep quiet on the issue.

We all know you're perfectly comfortable with having Boris as PM - but many of the rest of us have higher standards.

In any case, whether you like it or not, the Met haven't finished dishing out fines - and Sue Gray's report is still to be published.

As for SKS resigning if he gets fined. I don't really care. I'm not a Labour voter.

near ipswich

He definitely will if he gets fined, but Boris the hypocrite will stumble on until he is forced out, one man has morals the other only cares about himself , this is now the Tory way As i said before the hypocrite painted himself into a korma he should have shut up about party's months ago and got on with the job of being an opposition.

This is laughable nonsense, even by your pitifully low standards.

If SKS hasn't been effective in opposing the Government, how do you explain the local election results?

Obviously, he can only take credit for what Labour gains there were - but if it wasn't down to his leadership of an opposition; what was it down to?

Low turnout? If that's the excuse; what was stopping loyal Tories from coming out to vote for the people running their outstanding councils?

Could it be, perhaps, it was due to Tory voters being so disgusted by Boris and the creatures he leads, that they stayed at home, rather than vote for a party led by an incompetent liar?

Several Tory MPs - including Tobias Ellwood - have made that point, or similar.

So, if it's the case - it does rather question Boris' leadership.

As for shutting up about 'Partygate' - why should anyone who thinks the PM shouldn't be able to lie to Parliament and get away with it, keep quiet on the issue.

We all know you're perfectly comfortable with having Boris as PM - but many of the rest of us have higher standards.

In any case, whether you like it or not, the Met haven't finished dishing out fines - and Sue Gray's report is still to be published.

As for SKS resigning if he gets fined. I don't really care. I'm not a Labour voter."

calm down of course you dont care you have wee Nicola at least she had the sense not to keep banging on about it maybe because there are rumours that stuff about her is yet to come out.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"They had been out campaigning, restaurants were closed because of lockdown and so they ordered a takeaway.

But there were according to reports around 14 restaurants doing outside catering where up to 6 people could mix and also the hotel where he was staying was serving although he lied and said it wasn't."

The hotel served meals until 9pm. The takeaway was ordered 10pm

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

The local elections went fine according to The Express:

“Bullish Boris back on track as red wall keeps faith”

People voted for BoJo knowing he was sacked multiple times from previous jobs as a liar.

He has lied multiple times in power. This includes at the despatch box after having been previously informed.

He has hidden in a fridge to avoid answering questions.

Ministers have kept their jobs after corruption and dishonesty.

Tory donors have made a lot of money from corruption.

People have died as a consequence of not taking Covid seriously.

BoJo made laws and ignored them and either lied or didn't understand them.

He remains in power and his party will not remove him.

What does this say about the promised benefits of Brexit?

What does this say about the integrity of the Conservative party?

What does this say about those who continue to support both the man and the party?

near ipswich

"They had been out campaigning, restaurants were closed because of lockdown and so they ordered a takeaway.

But there were according to reports around 14 restaurants doing outside catering where up to 6 people could mix and also the hotel where he was staying was serving although he lied and said it wasn't.

The hotel served meals until 9pm. The takeaway was ordered 10pm"

well im sure the police will take that into consideration if true im not sure i can believe anything the labour party say at the moment how did they miss that Rayner was there?

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"What a day!

Tories getting a kicking for sure and much predicted. The lib dems were the surprise team in my opinion, closely followed by the greens. I expected Labour to gain most from Tory losses but not sure that's the case. Labour seem very strong in London but not as strong outside of the capital

near ipswich

"What a day!

Tories getting a kicking for sure and much predicted. The lib dems were the surprise team in my opinion, closely followed by the greens. I expected Labour to gain most from Tory losses but not sure that's the case. Labour seem very strong in London but not as strong outside of the capital"

I wasn't surprised at all pretty much predicted it on an earlier thread.People that could not bring themselves to vote tory because of boris either went green or liberal thats normal mid term but when it comes to a general election and big boy politics they wont as they have no policies to speak of.Unless you count nuclear disarmament which is totally ridiculous with the state of the world at the moment.

Anyway ive had my fun today have a great weekend all.

North West

"I think sir kier the hypocrite will be replaced before boris is. that is the only way labour will stand a chance if he’s replaced fingers crossed Who they got to replace him though?ye they have the same problem as the tories there not much choice but for me anyone but kier "

That's not quite right though is it.

Labour have some talented people on both the front and back benches now.

Person to person, the entire Labour front bench is far more on top of their game than their Conservative counterparts

Rayner V Raab?

Reeves V Sunak?

Cooper V Patel?

Lammy V Truss?

Nandy V Gove?

Allin-Khan V Javed?

Leeds

Who is v Dorries ?

"Who is v Dorries ?"

Me and 65 million others

Leeds

"Who is v Dorries ?

Me and 65 million others "

thornaby

"I think sir kier the hypocrite will be replaced before boris is. that is the only way labour will stand a chance if he’s replaced fingers crossed Who they got to replace him though?ye they have the same problem as the tories there not much choice but for me anyone but kier

Person to person, the entire Labour front bench is far more on top of their game than their Conservative counterparts

Rayner V Raab?

Reeves V Sunak?

Cooper V Patel?

Lammy V Truss?

Nandy V Gove?

Allin-Khan V Javed?

"

the only one on there for me is nandy

North West

"I think sir kier the hypocrite will be replaced before boris is. that is the only way labour will stand a chance if he’s replaced fingers crossed Who they got to replace him though?ye they have the same problem as the tories there not much choice but for me anyone but kier

Rayner V Raab?

Reeves V Sunak?

Cooper V Patel?

Lammy V Truss?

Nandy V Gove?

Allin-Khan V Javed?

the only one on there for me is nandy "

Right, so just to take one on that list.

You are saying that Priti Patel is a better communicator, dissector and orator than Yvette Cooper? Yvette Cooper is Champions League and Patel is 2nd Division (at best).

thornaby

Rayner V Raab?

Reeves V Sunak?

Cooper V Patel?

Lammy V Truss?

Nandy V Gove?

Allin-Khan V Javed?

the only one on there for me is nandy

Right, so just to take one on that list.

You are saying that Priti Patel is a better communicator, dissector and orator than Yvette Cooper? Yvette Cooper is Champions League and Patel is 2nd Division (at best). "

no I never said that the only one on that list to be leader of the party is nandy

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

the con-servthemselves are now proven to be unelectable

West London

"What a day!

Tories getting a kicking for sure and much predicted. The lib dems were the surprise team in my opinion, closely followed by the greens. I expected Labour to gain most from Tory losses but not sure that's the case. Labour seem very strong in London but not as strong outside of the capitalI wasn't surprised at all pretty much predicted it on an earlier thread.People that could not bring themselves to vote tory because of boris either went green or liberal thats normal mid term but when it comes to a general election and big boy politics they wont as they have no policies to speak of.Unless you count nuclear disarmament which is totally ridiculous with the state of the world at the moment.

Anyway ive had my fun today have a great weekend all. "

Both the Liberal Democrats and Greens have perfectly coherent policies.

More so than the Conservative party. What are the key policies that you support from them compared to the Greens and LidDems?

West London

The hotel served meals until 9pm. The takeaway was ordered 10pmwell im sure the police will take that into consideration if true im not sure i can believe anything the labour party say at the moment how did they miss that Rayner was there? "

What do you believe that the Conservative party say?

By *ayturners turn hayMan  over a year ago

Wellingborugh

"What a day!

. However some were predicting losses of circa 800 seats , only 500 were lost. In some areas the Conservatives actually gained. It was hardly a great result for Labour as gains were very modest . In NI the Unionist vote was split and no one was expecting a great result in Scotland.

What matters is the next election . Unless there is a dramatic change the silent majority will recognise that Boris is the best leader for the country .

His achievements will no go unnoticed

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

what matters is how people vote on the day and in scotland they have told the conservative and unionist party that they are just a third tier political group that no longer has any place north of the border. and the voters have said what now matters in ireland is reunification.

North West

"What a day!

Or are they going to do the right thing and get rid of the biggest problem they have?. However some were predicting losses of circa 800 seats , only 500 were lost. In some areas the Conservatives actually gained. It was hardly a great result for Labour as gains were very modest . In NI the Unionist vote was split and no one was expecting a great result in Scotland.

What matters is the next election . Unless there is a dramatic change the silent majority will recognise that Boris is the best leader for the country .

His achievements will no go unnoticed "

We can safely say that his actions have not gone unnoticed and that losses of 400 Council seats were 150 more than most commentators wildest estimates.

Boris is now a cancer in a Conservative Party the doesn’t control a single council in Wales, Scotland and N Ireland.

West London

"What a day!

Or are they going to do the right thing and get rid of the biggest problem they have?. However some were predicting losses of circa 800 seats , only 500 were lost. In some areas the Conservatives actually gained. It was hardly a great result for Labour as gains were very modest . In NI the Unionist vote was split and no one was expecting a great result in Scotland.

Strange interpretation.

There was an election. People did not vote for the Conservative party and votes for other parties in sufficient numbers for the Conservative party to lose over 400 council seats nationwide.

What matters to the people living in these areas are these elections and they have expressed their preferences.

Many current and now former

Conservative councilors have acknowledged the heaviness of the loss and indicated why they thought it was so.

Interesting that you have a Daily Express interpretation of the outcome and where you have come up with the inflated "predictions" that you have in attempt to mitigate the magnitude of the loss.

It is what everyone sees.

The general election is another matter and we shall see those results when they happen.

Gloucestershire

"What a day!

I never heard the Labour Party proclaim that number, David Lammy said at least 200 for labour which they beat, get your facts straight please.

you also mean the vocal minority, who talk about the silent majority. 30% vote share only for tories, vs 70% combined for the opposition, you tell me who is the silent majority is?

golden fields

"What a day!

This rhubarb is exactly how the Daily Express reported the election results.

thornaby

"What a day!

"

so are you going to stick your neck out and predict a labour win then ?

golden fields

"What a day!

so are you going to stick your neck out and predict a labour win then ?"

In the next general election? Absolutely not. Zero chance of anything except more of the same shit from the Tories. Doesn't matter if they replace Boris or not. They're rotten to the core, and guaranteed to be re-elected.

If thay is the case then there is no hope for the UK.

Welcome to North Korea

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"What a day!

Let’s highlight Mr Hay’s point a bit better...

ONLY 500 [councillor’s seats] WERE LOST

500!!!!!!

But you try to spin that as a victory because it could have been worse!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Black Knight “it’s only a flesh wound”

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"What a day!

In the next general election? Absolutely not. Zero chance of anything except more of the same shit from the Tories. Doesn't matter if they replace Boris or not. They're rotten to the core, and guaranteed to be re-elected. "

Don’t forget:

1) Boundary changes - that favour Tories.

2) Requirement for Photo ID* - that favours the Tories.

3) Electoral Commission no longer independent - that favours the incumbent (oh currently the Tories).

*to solve a problem that does not exist. At last GE there were, wait for it, FOUR cases of voter fraud. Yet the mandating of photo ID disenfranchises several million people as they either do not drive and/or have a passport. Which demographic do these people come from? Oh yes the poorest in society and, oh look at that, least likely to vote Tory. Bye bye democracy, death by a thousand cuts.

golden fields

"What a day!

In the next general election? Absolutely not. Zero chance of anything except more of the same shit from the Tories. Doesn't matter if they replace Boris or not. They're rotten to the core, and guaranteed to be re-elected.

Don’t forget:

3) Electoral Commission no longer independent - that favours the incumbent (oh currently the Tories).

*to solve a problem that does not exist. At last GE there were, wait for it, FOUR cases of voter fraud. Yet the mandating of photo ID disenfranchises several million people as they either do not drive and/or have a passport. Which demographic do these people come from? Oh yes the poorest in society and, oh look at that, least likely to vote Tory. Bye bye democracy, death by a thousand cuts."

The vast majority of the written, broadcast and digital press outright supports the Tories, and the small minority that don't, do a shit job at holding them to account.

Gloucestershire

"What a day!

Don’t forget:

*to solve a problem that does not exist. At last GE there were, wait for it, FOUR cases of voter fraud. Yet the mandating of photo ID disenfranchises several million people as they either do not drive and/or have a passport. Which demographic do these people come from? Oh yes the poorest in society and, oh look at that, least likely to vote Tory. Bye bye democracy, death by a thousand cuts."

The tories will try everything in their arsenal to disenfranchise the British people from voting.

They use the Right wing press all the time to dissuade voters from going to elections,

Main argument you here is they are aRe all the same.

Sorry not all politician’s are the same. It’s easy to spot them they are all sitting on the opposition benches.

» Add a new message to this topic