FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Did you see the queens speech?

Did you see the queens speech?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I did and I was surprised that prince charles delivered the queens speech in the parliament on tuesday morning, standing in for his mother for the first time after the monarch. I can understand why as it was due to her ongoing mobility issues, how did you think the speech went? I thought it went well.

The speech, which was mainly focused on the economy, set out the governments priorities for the coming months, boris under pressure over the cost of the living crisis.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I did and I was surprised that prince charles delivered the queens speech in the parliament on tuesday morning, standing in for his mother for the first time after the monarch."

Why were you surprised that it was Prince Charles? Who did you think was going to stand in? Rylan?

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"I did and I was surprised that prince charles delivered the queens speech in the parliament on tuesday morning, standing in for his mother for the first time after the monarch.

Why were you surprised that it was Prince Charles? Who did you think was going to stand in? Rylan?"

I would have tuned into that.

By *ustintime69Man  over a year ago

Bristol

"I did and I was surprised that prince charles delivered the queens speech in the parliament on tuesday morning, standing in for his mother for the first time after the monarch.

Why were you surprised that it was Prince Charles? Who did you think was going to stand in? Rylan?"

I think he’d have done a better job

Why were you surprised that it was Prince Charles? Who did you think was going to stand in? Rylan?

I think he’d have done a better job "

I wasnt surprised it was charles, just that the queen didnt do the speech there.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

I think it was quite clear from Charles’ mannerisms, expressions and tone of voice that he didn’t really support much of what be had to read out and could basically see through what was in effect a load of wank!

Not Charles’ fault but there was quite some irony reading out something focused on the cost of living crisis while surrounded by so much gold!

"I think it was quite clear from Charles’ mannerisms, expressions and tone of voice that he didn’t really support much of what be had to read out and could basically see through what was in effect a load of wank!

Not Charles’ fault but there was quite some irony reading out something focused on the cost of living crisis while surrounded by so much gold!"

You are right there, he did it well, also it is the ministers that is writing the speeches, not them

Brighton

"I think it was quite clear from Charles’ mannerisms, expressions and tone of voice that he didn’t really support much of what be had to read out and could basically see through what was in effect a load of wank!

Not Charles’ fault but there was quite some irony reading out something focused on the cost of living crisis while surrounded by so much gold!You are right there, he did it well, also it is the ministers that is writing the speeches, not them "

Being pedantic, it will have been a Civil Servant or SpAd that wrote the speech with sign off from PM ultimately.

The Queen/Charles just reads what is written. But it was clear to me from watching Charles that was not altogether comfortable with the content!

Brighton

*he

Not Charles’ fault but there was quite some irony reading out something focused on the cost of living crisis while surrounded by so much gold!You are right there, he did it well, also it is the ministers that is writing the speeches, not them

Being pedantic, it will have been a Civil Servant or SpAd that wrote the speech with sign off from PM ultimately.

The Queen/Charles just reads what is written. But it was clear to me from watching Charles that was not altogether comfortable with the content!"

Yes, it will have been them as well who writes the speeches, you are right there. I also think that he didnt like it so much. I wonder if they could have some input in the speeches before hand, to add or remove what they want?

Brighton

Not Charles’ fault but there was quite some irony reading out something focused on the cost of living crisis while surrounded by so much gold!You are right there, he did it well, also it is the ministers that is writing the speeches, not them

The Queen/Charles just reads what is written. But it was clear to me from watching Charles that was not altogether comfortable with the content!Yes, it will have been them as well who writes the speeches, you are right there. I also think that he didnt like it so much. I wonder if they could have some input in the speeches before hand, to add or remove what they want? "

Very little input or influence and certainly not in terms of the topics covered, only marginally the way something might be said. The monarch basically parrots what the Govt writes.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I see no point in ever watching it.

The Queen/Charles just reads what is written. But it was clear to me from watching Charles that was not altogether comfortable with the content!Yes, it will have been them as well who writes the speeches, you are right there. I also think that he didnt like it so much. I wonder if they could have some input in the speeches before hand, to add or remove what they want?

Very little input or influence and certainly not in terms of the topics covered, only marginally the way something might be said. The monarch basically parrots what the Govt writes."

I think that too, they are mostly just representatives of the country rather than being able to influence their ideas or politics or say whats wrong, should they beable to have more say in things? I wonder how the politics would of looked like then

» Add a new message to this topic