FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Can't Cook, Won't Cook

Can't Cook, Won't Cook

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So Ashfield MP, Lee Anderson, reckons people can cook a healthy, nutritional meal for 30p. Am really struggling for a recipe that meets all those criteria.

So am looking for some help from you fabbers.

Also do we need more chefs as MPs so the country can be taught how to cook..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *itzi999Woman  over a year ago

Slough

Found it!!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/food/18253582/nutritionist-healthy-30p-meals-cost-of-living-crisis/

"Found it!!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/food/18253582/nutritionist-healthy-30p-meals-cost-of-living-crisis/"

Can a bowl of porridge or soup be classed as a meal..?

I thought they are starters.

Slough

Porridge is breakfast!

"Porridge is breakfast! "

For most people, but I our MP expects people to have it for lunch and dinner too

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

When a paper owned by a billionaire runs an article telling plebs how to eat for 30p...

Mitzi why are you so in love with exclamatiom marks? Are you just perpetually outraged after mainlining tabloid bullshit for so long?

By *exy_HornyCouple  over a year ago

Leigh

30p restricts your diet a bit too much but it is perfectly possible to eat 3 nutritious meals a day for less than £2 a head. 50p each for breakfast and lunch then £1 for the evening meal.

We cook everything from scratch and have been doing this for years. We never buy overpriced rubbish such as pasta sauce, make your own from a tin of tomatoes and some herbs. Etc....

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

How can someone cook if there is no food?

The MP is a proper bellend.

Also if they advising you live on porridge it might as well be saying subsist on Gruel.

What is going to be then next radical policy from the tories? Workhouses?

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

In theory you can do this... Although im not convinced by the costs (or that a nutritionist isn't always a qualified person)

But I remember seeing something that says the challenge is the bulk buy of things, and then the transportation. The first put strain on budget. But the second can be the problem. How much weight is a week's worth of ship for 4. Can you carry that on the bus? Walk with it?

We often take cars for granted. Not everyone has that luxury.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Has anyone actually done the maths on all of this. Obviously it is possible to eat cheaply but is that really going to provide the right nutrition and balanced diet we all actually need to be healthy.

Does that 30p really provide 5 portions of fruit and 5 portions of vegetables each day? Where’s the protein? Fish or meat? And even if you can get all that for 30p or 50p or £1 etc, what quality will it be?

The only way to get meat that cheaply will be to open the floodgates to low quality hormone injected meat from USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand...aha so that is the plan! Create demand through poverty!

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

The cost of the gas or electricity to cook it also has to be included.

Brighton

So I just did a quick google on price of apples and the cheapest I could find was 16p each.

So I guess you could eat two apples, break your 30p budget by 2p and be short of fruit and veg portions by 8 each day. Sure that would be fine for your health though right?

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"So I just did a quick google on price of apples and the cheapest I could find was 16p each.

So I guess you could eat two apples, break your 30p budget by 2p and be short of fruit and veg portions by 8 each day. Sure that would be fine for your health though right?"

isn't it 3 meals a day. So six apples. Isn't that better ... Ps they better had been British apples.

Brighton

"30p restricts your diet a bit too much but it is perfectly possible to eat 3 nutritious meals a day for less than £2 a head. 50p each for breakfast and lunch then £1 for the evening meal.

We cook everything from scratch and have been doing this for years. We never buy overpriced rubbish such as pasta sauce, make your own from a tin of tomatoes and some herbs. Etc...."

Not disputing (actually in awe of the £2 per head for three meals).

Genuine question - can you provide a menu with ingredients to illustrate how this is possible?

We also prepare and cook our own food. Luckily for us this is not a financial decision but more a quality and controlling additives decision. We eat a lot of fish and a bit of meat. We are pretty good with our fruit and veg. No way we are spending as little as £2 per head per day though.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Aldi are selling a big bag of carrots for 18p. A family of four could surely survive on them for a couple of days ? Plus a box of matches is 17p so they could burn old newspapers for heat.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Thought maybe I had moved to a first world country. My mistake.

Brighton

"Thought maybe I had moved to a first world country. My mistake. "

5/6th richest country in the world no less. Shame so much of that wealth is owned by such a small % of the population. Looks like the “trickle down” hasn’t happened!

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

A condition of using the Sutton n Ashfield food bank, is that long term particpants sign up for budgetary and cooking classes, supplied by outside agencies.

Brighton

"A condition of using the Sutton n Ashfield food bank, is that long term particpants sign up for budgetary and cooking classes, supplied by outside agencies."

On the surface that is a good thing and good skills to have (if somewhat patronising).

But...

Call me a cynic but who are the agency providing those classes and who are they connected to?

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"A condition of using the Sutton n Ashfield food bank, is that long term particpants sign up for budgetary and cooking classes, supplied by outside agencies.

On the surface that is a good thing and good skills to have (if somewhat patronising).

But...

Call me a cynic but who are the agency providing those classes and who are they connected to?"

Yup and who’s making money from it

Leigh

"

Genuine question - can you provide a menu with ingredients to illustrate how this is possible?

We also prepare and cook our own food. Luckily for us this is not a financial decision but more a quality and controlling additives decision. We eat a lot of fish and a bit of meat. We are pretty good with our fruit and veg. No way we are spending as little as £2 per head per day though. "

So, like you we don't particularly need to limit our food spend but we eat healthily at around £2 per head per day. We cook from scratch because we prefer the taste and we like to know what is in our food.

We do all our shopping in Lidl, as we find it has everything we need as we cook from basic ingredients. We buy whatever is on offer that week and then make meal plans to suit. We will also buy any meat at the end of its date at 30% off and freeze it. Also, salad etc. is often 20p and they also often have 5kg veg boxes at £1.50 where the veg is past its' best but still usable.

This week's offers we will pick up are 5 apples for 59p, 600g satsumas for 69p, 1kg red onions at 69p and a bunch of spring onions for 29p.

Even at full price an example is 1 kg chicken thighs (British red tractor approved but not free range etc.) is £1.55. This does 6 portions for us so 2 days for the three of us. We slow cook them in the slow cooker with some spices and do a "Mexican" comprising refried beans (33p can chickpeas and half an onion); salsa (other half onion and a few small vine tomatoes); guacamole (avocado at 59 to 79p and half an onion); served in romaine heart leaves. Total for 3 portions a bit over £3 including things like fresh coriander. But the next day we have the rest of the chicken in a curry with a handful of lentils, a pepper, the other half onion, a tin of tomatoes and some rice - total about £2 for 3 portions.

There will be curry left over so our daughter takes it to school for lunch - this meal is therefore "free".

We eat vegetarian 2 or 3 times a week so those meals are less than £1 a head then sometimes we eat beef or lamb which is more than the £1 allowance. Fish, depending on how much you eat and what you serve it with is also slightly more. On average though it is perfectly possible.

Breakfast is usually 2 of the Lidl "fake Weetabix" at 6p each plus milk some sultanas, glass of orange juice and a coffee. Slightly less than 50p.

Lunch may be home made bread with cheese and pickle or ham and lettuce; an apple, a few grapes and a satsuma. Slightly more than 50p on the ham days.

Veg box stuff will make a soup in the slow cooker - probably one evening for the three of us plus 3 school lunches.

Sausage or bacon pasta using the high quality no additive RSPCA approved meat (£2) plus pasta (12p); a tin of tomatoes (28p); onion (10p); herbs and spices (10p) and shavings of parmesan (10p) is under £1 a head with left overs for school lunch next day.

We don't throw anything away - even meat and veg which people have served but not eaten goes into the curry or soup next day.

We plan the meals so if we know we will have leftovers they are used the next day or frozen (we freeze the Christmas Dinner leftovers and make pies with it in January and February).

Again, we do this because we like it and it is more environmentally friendly - not because we "need" to.

By *ulaMan  over a year ago

Hitchin

Unless you have watched the full speech from Lee about 8 minutes you are only getting tit bits from newspapers,in the speech he explains it very well un like the media giving very little of it.

"Thought maybe I had moved to a first world country. My mistake. "

Fastest growing economy in the G7, apparently

"Unless you have watched the full speech from Lee about 8 minutes you are only getting tit bits from newspapers,in the speech he explains it very well un like the media giving very little of it."

It takes him 8 minutes?

Hitchin

cooking on a bootstrap web site is a good start.

I think he meant to say "30p a portion" Still, he's waffling nonsense. You should check out Jack Monroe on anti social media or Google her, she is great for cooking on a very tight budget

"Found it!!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/food/18253582/nutritionist-healthy-30p-meals-cost-of-living-crisis/"

Are you supporting Lee Anderson on this ?

Brighton

"

We also prepare and cook our own food. Luckily for us this is not a financial decision but more a quality and controlling additives decision. We eat a lot of fish and a bit of meat. We are pretty good with our fruit and veg. No way we are spending as little as £2 per head per day though.

So, like you we don't particularly need to limit our food spend but we eat healthily at around £2 per head per day. We cook from scratch because we prefer the taste and we like to know what is in our food.

We do all our shopping in Lidl, as we find it has everything we need as we cook from basic ingredients. We buy whatever is on offer that week and then make meal plans to suit. We will also buy any meat at the end of its date at 30% off and freeze it. Also, salad etc. is often 20p and they also often have 5kg veg boxes at £1.50 where the veg is past its' best but still usable.

This week's offers we will pick up are 5 apples for 59p, 600g satsumas for 69p, 1kg red onions at 69p and a bunch of spring onions for 29p.

Even at full price an example is 1 kg chicken thighs (British red tractor approved but not free range etc.) is £1.55. This does 6 portions for us so 2 days for the three of us. We slow cook them in the slow cooker with some spices and do a "Mexican" comprising refried beans (33p can chickpeas and half an onion); salsa (other half onion and a few small vine tomatoes); guacamole (avocado at 59 to 79p and half an onion); served in romaine heart leaves. Total for 3 portions a bit over £3 including things like fresh coriander. But the next day we have the rest of the chicken in a curry with a handful of lentils, a pepper, the other half onion, a tin of tomatoes and some rice - total about £2 for 3 portions.

There will be curry left over so our daughter takes it to school for lunch - this meal is therefore "free".

We eat vegetarian 2 or 3 times a week so those meals are less than £1 a head then sometimes we eat beef or lamb which is more than the £1 allowance. Fish, depending on how much you eat and what you serve it with is also slightly more. On average though it is perfectly possible.

Breakfast is usually 2 of the Lidl "fake Weetabix" at 6p each plus milk some sultanas, glass of orange juice and a coffee. Slightly less than 50p.

Lunch may be home made bread with cheese and pickle or ham and lettuce; an apple, a few grapes and a satsuma. Slightly more than 50p on the ham days.

Veg box stuff will make a soup in the slow cooker - probably one evening for the three of us plus 3 school lunches.

Sausage or bacon pasta using the high quality no additive RSPCA approved meat (£2) plus pasta (12p); a tin of tomatoes (28p); onion (10p); herbs and spices (10p) and shavings of parmesan (10p) is under £1 a head with left overs for school lunch next day.

We don't throw anything away - even meat and veg which people have served but not eaten goes into the curry or soup next day.

We plan the meals so if we know we will have leftovers they are used the next day or frozen (we freeze the Christmas Dinner leftovers and make pies with it in January and February).

Again, we do this because we like it and it is more environmentally friendly - not because we "need" to."

Awesome!

I have copied that into my notes and will look at doing something similar for a few weeks to see how we get on. We thought we were pretty good at eating well but at sensible prices but you guys have taken it to another level.

Love it.

Hitchin

"I think he meant to say "30p a portion" Still, he's waffling nonsense. You should check out Jack Monroe on anti social media or Google her, she is great for cooking on a very tight budget "

No he is not 100% correct, truth hurts, cant have people told the truth any more.

"I think he meant to say "30p a portion" Still, he's waffling nonsense. You should check out Jack Monroe on anti social media or Google her, she is great for cooking on a very tight budget

No he is not 100% correct, truth hurts, cant have people told the truth any more."

He is just another Tory who is living in La La land abs is rightly being ridiculed , these buffoons provide so much comedy

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

I was digging the garden just now, and the amount of worms gave me pause for thought. Free grub(s)!

Mind you, the shits in government would still be claiming back the gardening costs on expenses.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

My take: budgeting and food prep will be beneficial to some (possibly many). We don't teach the basocs at school and so any issues will be passed down thru generations.

It's great the food bank is doing those courses. We shouldn't be relying on volunteers to provide basic life skills like this. Politicians should be looking at something startegic. Could be part of leveling up.

But that's a longer burn. If you live hand to mouth today it's really hard to break the cycle. Eating cheaply often needs a larder of food. Where does that money come from? How is it transported? How is it stored? (Often ppl are freezing bulk made food. Not always possible)

Suggesting long term ideas can feel tone deaf when ppl are facing short term issues. Exacerbated by price increases. Especially if they are relying on some state beenfits (I assume these haven't increase by 10pc....)

All be it I agree about leaving to cook prepare food even I couldn't do it for 30 unless I cooked enough for 3 months but then can't store it freezer not big enough.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"So Ashfield MP, Lee Anderson, reckons people can cook a healthy, nutritional meal for 30p. Am really struggling for a recipe that meets all those criteria.

Also do we need more chefs as MPs so the country can be taught how to cook.."

an MP with zero life experience then no change there

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

See that the Kent conservatives pictured grinning manickly at the opening of yet another food bank have now been pictured tucking into a celebratory buffet crass behavior at worst

Hitchin

"So Ashfield MP, Lee Anderson, reckons people can cook a healthy, nutritional meal for 30p. Am really struggling for a recipe that meets all those criteria.

Also do we need more chefs as MPs so the country can be taught how to cook.. an MP with zero life experience then no change there "

Not done your homework have you he brought up 2 children on his own,but it makes you feel better posting crap.

Hitchin

"I think he meant to say "30p a portion" Still, he's waffling nonsense. You should check out Jack Monroe on anti social media or Google her, she is great for cooking on a very tight budget

No he is not 100% correct, truth hurts, cant have people told the truth any more.

He is just another Tory who is living in La La land abs is rightly being ridiculed , these buffoons provide so much comedy "

Its be cause he is a Tory is it well he saw the light left Labour and joined the Torys,cant knock a man for that.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Also do we need more chefs as MPs so the country can be taught how to cook.. an MP with zero life experience then no change there "

A single parent bringing up kids on a minimal budget for 17 years.

Ticks the box don’t you think?

thornaby

Also do we need more chefs as MPs so the country can be taught how to cook.. an MP with zero life experience then no change there

Not done your homework have you he brought up 2 children on his own,but it makes you feel better posting crap."

not on 30 pence a day he didn’t get a grip

Hitchin

Also do we need more chefs as MPs so the country can be taught how to cook.. an MP with zero life experience then no change there

"

Careful they can't take the truth,they will need a lay down

Hitchin

Not done your homework have you he brought up 2 children on his own,but it makes you feel better posting crap. not on 30 pence a day he didn’t get a grip "

I'd put money on the fact you have not seen the full speech or you would understand what he was putting across.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"

having seen his bio, the flack he is getting is harsh.

Miner for ten years. Then citizen advice for ten. Then went to work for hostels for homeless.

I suspect this is a closer to his heart for him than many.

thornaby

Not done your homework have you he brought up 2 children on his own,but it makes you feel better posting crap. not on 30 pence a day he didn’t get a grip

I'd put money on the fact you have not seen the full speech or you would understand what he was putting across."

you would win your bet mate iv not seen it I’m commenting on the 30 pence a day

thornaby

Miner for ten years. Then citizen advice for ten. Then went to work for hostels for homeless.

"

hats of to him then but he didn’t feed his kids on 30 pence a day tho

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

hats of to him then but he didn’t feed his kids on 30 pence a day tho "

he probably didn't. But the suggestion was zero life experience. Not sure if we can ask MPs to experience everything they comment on first hand.

Appears he may work closely with the food banks. I wonder if the 30p is a number they recognise ...

Hitchin

Not done your homework have you he brought up 2 children on his own,but it makes you feel better posting crap. not on 30 pence a day he didn’t get a grip

I'd put money on the fact you have not seen the full speech or you would understand what he was putting across.you would win your bet mate iv not seen it I’m commenting on the 30 pence a day "

Do your self a favour listen to it before commenting.

thornaby

hats of to him then but he didn’t feed his kids on 30 pence a day tho he probably didn't. But the suggestion was zero life experience. Not sure if we can ask MPs to experience everything they comment on first hand.

Appears he may work closely with the food banks. I wonder if the 30p is a number they recognise ..."

I was saying if he said he can feed kids on 30 pence a day he’s got zero life experience hats of to him for what he’s done in his past but you know and I know 30 pence a day is nothing it’s just rubbish just my opinion

thornaby

I'd put money on the fact you have not seen the full speech or you would understand what he was putting across.you would win your bet mate iv not seen it I’m commenting on the 30 pence a day

Do your self a favour listen to it before commenting. "

ffs it’s a politics forum is it the rules that you have to research every post ffs I’m just commenting on the op if that’s ok with you lol

hats of to him then but he didn’t feed his kids on 30 pence a day tho he probably didn't. But the suggestion was zero life experience. Not sure if we can ask MPs to experience everything they comment on first hand.

Appears he may work closely with the food banks. I wonder if the 30p is a number they recognise ..."

He has been criticised by several charities and even fellow Tory MPs, maybe his advice was well intentioned though

"Unless you have watched the full speech from Lee about 8 minutes you are only getting tit bits from newspapers,in the speech he explains it very well un like the media giving very little of it."

I listened to most his speech on Radio 4. The main pointers I got was.

1. The need for foodbanks wasn't has great as the mainstream media portrayed.it.

2. If more people could cook from scratch they wouldn't need food banks.

3. The 30p a meal quote.

4. The training programme at foodbanks in his constituency. Challenging other MPs to visit the foodbanks in his area and see.

5. Saying the MPs and the Media wouldn't visit, because they had an agenda.

Cant think of anything else of note he said.

When challenged on his 30p figure in a interview.

He said restaurants and hospitals do it everyday by bulk buying and saving money. Hardly feasible for most people on low incomes.

"Unless you have watched the full speech from Lee about 8 minutes you are only getting tit bits from newspapers,in the speech he explains it very well un like the media giving very little of it.

1. The need for foodbanks wasn't has great as the mainstream media portrayed.it.

3. The 30p a meal quote.

4. The training programme at foodbanks in his constituency. Challenging other MPs to visit the foodbanks in his area and see.

Cant think of anything else of note he said."

So he is stating that there isn’t a great need for food banks whilst promoting what is happening in his local food bank

"

Sometimes people from a certain section of society escape it and join another section. They sometimes feel they have to prove themselves they belong there. So they try a bit harder than they otherwise would.

Like our honourable Home Secretary. A daughter of immigrants. Who now feels she has to be tougher on immigration than everybody else in her current circle.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Unless you have watched the full speech from Lee about 8 minutes you are only getting tit bits from newspapers,in the speech he explains it very well un like the media giving very little of it.

3. The 30p a meal quote.

So he is stating that there isn’t a great need for food banks whilst promoting what is happening in his local food bank "

saying there isn't as great a need isn't the same as sayinv there isn't a need, or that those who are serving the need aren't doing a great job.

3. The 30p a meal quote.

So he is stating that there isn’t a great need for food banks whilst promoting what is happening in his local food bank saying there isn't as great a need isn't the same as sayinv there isn't a need, or that those who are serving the need aren't doing a great job.

"

Ah, so we need food banks but not as many? Fair enough, he is still talking rubbish about 30p meals

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

3. The 30p a meal quote.

So he is stating that there isn’t a great need for food banks whilst promoting what is happening in his local food bank saying there isn't as great a need isn't the same as sayinv there isn't a need, or that those who are serving the need aren't doing a great job.

Ah, so we need food banks but not as many? Fair enough, he is still talking rubbish about 30p meals "

don't disagree on that bit.

I wonder what a sensible amount may be (I'm very blessed that I don't have to budget to this extent)

Whatever the number, being able to budget and cook will help. Not necessarily solve for everyone. But help.

3. The 30p a meal quote.

Ah, so we need food banks but not as many? Fair enough, he is still talking rubbish about 30p meals don't disagree on that bit.

I wonder what a sensible amount may be (I'm very blessed that I don't have to budget to this extent)

Whatever the number, being able to budget and cook will help. Not necessarily solve for everyone. But help. "

That’s true, maybe he should have come up with a more reasonable figure, he has recently stated that it’s possible because it happens in restaurants,

Leigh

"

Whatever the number, being able to budget and cook will help. Not necessarily solve for everyone. But help. "

As we posted above, £2 per head per day for three good meals is easily doable. So he is about 100% out. 30p per head per meal is possible for some meals but means missing out on higher quality ingredients and restricts variety.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

I mean it's just a diversion tactic. It's the Tories way to change the conversation from their ideological austerity to something that's someone else's fault/responsibility.

Good banks rocketed in number because of the Tories, not because everyone suddenly forgot how to budget.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

3. The 30p a meal quote.

Ah, so we need food banks but not as many? Fair enough, he is still talking rubbish about 30p meals don't disagree on that bit.

Whatever the number, being able to budget and cook will help. Not necessarily solve for everyone. But help.

That’s true, maybe he should have come up with a more reasonable figure, he has recently stated that it’s possible because it happens in restaurants, "

do you have a link for this? I can only find that he says his food bank serves on a budget. (which TBF is a similar point)

"

The point about the lack of cooking skills is definitely there. You see it in the supermarket all the time. Trolleys filled to the brim with frozen ready made meals costing multiples of what it would cost to cook fresh. But I don't think these are the people using foobanks.

Add to that the amount of food we throw in bin because of overbuying there is a issue.

3. The 30p a meal quote.

That’s true, maybe he should have come up with a more reasonable figure, he has recently stated that it’s possible because it happens in restaurants, do you have a link for this? I can only find that he says his food bank serves on a budget. (which TBF is a similar point)"

No sorry , no link. Might be on BBC sounds if available.

Jack Monroe wrote a great blog on her website (cooking on a bootstrap) about 4 weeks ago that covers a lot of the comments on this thread. The blog title is "it's not about the pasta, Kevin", thought it might be against rules to post link. It's well worth a read though.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"

Hitchin

Ready Steady Cook Batch Cooking, Lee Anderson has just posted on YouTube with children they have been helping

"Ready Steady Cook Batch Cooking, Lee Anderson has just posted on YouTube with children they have been helping "

Is this the same Lee Anderson who staged a ‘knock door encounter ‘ on channel 4? What is this latest stunt on YouTube ??

I wonder if MPs dining expenses are anywhere near 30p a meal, remember after all we are all in this together.

Wonder what happened to that slogan..

"I wonder if MPs dining expenses are anywhere near 30p a meal, remember after all we are all in this together.

Wonder what happened to that slogan.. "

Or weren't we supposed to be leveling up..

thornaby

"I wonder if MPs dining expenses are anywhere near 30p a meal, remember after all we are all in this together.

haha great point we are all init but not together lol

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Now that would be a challenge to the parliament kitchens.

The subsidised booze would blow the budget at the first sip.

Hitchin

At Lee is trying to help unlike Rupa Huq

who ran away from GB news like a sprinter.

"At Lee is trying to help unlike Rupa Huq

who ran away from GB news like a sprinter. "

Eh?

Hitchin

Eh? "

Labour MP who ran away from addressing the GB news team very funny watching her, typical labour running away, not seen Barry Gardiner since the Chinese money he took.

Eh?

Labour MP who ran away from addressing the GB news team very funny watching her, typical labour running away, not seen Barry Gardiner since the Chinese money he took. "

She ran away because GB ‘news’ are utter shite,who wants to be in that crappy channel , they have about 3 viewers . do you remember when Boris hid in a fridge?

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

lee anderson? people have had enough of fascist poverty experts

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

Eh?

Labour MP who ran away from addressing the GB news team very funny watching her, typical labour running away, not seen Barry Gardiner since the Chinese money he took. "

Imagine that!

Ring any bells for anyone else who might have done that before?

In fairness GB news can shove it up their far right conspiracy loving holes!

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Eh?

Wish they'd show the five seconds before. The "I'll run with you" suggests she was running already.

I love the way that this is about starmer focussuonh too much in partygate. Hasn't the last two weeks been about beergate ?

When did SKS last mention partygate ?

Have any Tories suggested cannibalism to the working class yet? At this rate, it's only a matter of time til one of em does...

Slough

Eh?

Why am I not surprised that half wit ran away?

Eh?

Labour MP who ran away from addressing the GB news team very funny watching her, typical labour running away, not seen Barry Gardiner since the Chinese money he took.

Why am I not surprised that half wit ran away? "

Halfwit is 1 word. Just saying...

Gloucestershire

[Removed by poster at 13/05/22 00:42:06]

Gloucestershire

"Aldi are selling a big bag of carrots for 18p. A family of four could surely survive on them for a couple of days ? Plus a box of matches is 17p so they could burn old newspapers for heat. "

The Daily Mail burns well, it’s full of shit.

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

"Have any Tories suggested cannibalism to the working class yet? At this rate, it's only a matter of time til one of em does..."

Well, they'd eat their own young, that lot.

Brighton

Eh?

Why am I not surprised that half wit ran away?

Halfwit is 1 word. Just saying..."

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Lee Anderson has had the media at one of the cooking classes today.

Not sure how they will report it.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Lee Anderson has had the media at one of the cooking classes today.

Not sure how they will report it."

Some of the papers will put their own spin on it

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

just how many weeks is the tory idiot for ashfield proposing that a weekly shop of £4.50 can go on for? the man is clearly a lunatic.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"Mitzi why are you so in love with exclamatiom marks? Are you just perpetually outraged after mainlining tabloid bullshit for so long?"

Could it due to her being a dom, she is making sure people ow that

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

"Porridge is breakfast! "

"Fry in butter." Funny that's not in the recipe list. Nor is salt and pepper or cooking oil. Is it an assumption that people have these already? If they don't, it adds to cost.

The recipes are low cost but still way over the 30p claim. But it's The Sun so not too surprised that this isn't accurate.

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

"Porridge is breakfast!

"Fry in butter." Funny that's not in the recipe list. Nor is salt and pepper or cooking oil. Is it an assumption that people have these already? If they don't, it adds to cost.

The recipes are low cost but still way over the 30p claim. But it's The Sun so not too surprised that this isn't accurate. "

FYI: My comment was in relation to the Daal and rice recipe in the link provided earlier. I don't recommend frying porridge oats...unless you want to.

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

Ingredients.

1 Large shovel.

1 tin of beans

1 handful of grass cuttings (plentiful at this time of year)

Shovel up whatever you find squashed flat on the road

simmer in baked beans until tender

Garnish with boiled grass

30p meal

Piece of piss

Hitchin

"Ingredients.

1 Large shovel.

1 tin of beans

30p meal

Piece of piss"

It is but gone right over your head how

"Ingredients.

1 Large shovel.

1 tin of beans

30p meal

Piece of piss"

Does the piss accompany the baked bean and grass meal

» Add a new message to this topic