FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Making Your minDUP

Making Your minDUP

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ealthy_and_Hung OP   Man  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

the highly vocal minority who are the so called democratic unionist party, have announced that they are taking their ball home on the gravy train, making unionism even far more unpopular that is already is.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *isandhers691127Couple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

Lol teach them to side with bozo then get shafted

the north of eire clearly desrves better than these shower of freeloading idiot unionists

By *ayturners turn hayMan  over a year ago

Wellingborugh

"the highly vocal minority who are the so called democratic unionist party, have announced that they are taking their ball home on the gravy train, making unionism even far more unpopular that is already is. "
. I think you will find that that people who support the Union are in the majority in Northern Ireland, the only issue is that their vote is split between three parties. Sinn Fein have not gained any ground , they were able to take advantage of a split vote.

All the Unionists in NI want is to be treated the same as any other citizen of the UK. This simply involves removing the protocol.

The Nationalist parties hardly have a good record of co operating with other elected representatives in NI. They actually prevented a government being formed for three years.

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"the highly vocal minority who are the so called democratic unionist party, have announced that they are taking their ball home on the gravy train, making unionism even far more unpopular that is already is. . I think you will find that that people who support the Union are in the majority in Northern Ireland, the only issue is that their vote is split between three parties. Sinn Fein have not gained any ground , they were able to take advantage of a split vote.

All the Unionists in NI want is to be treated the same as any other citizen of the UK. This simply involves removing the protocol.

The Nationalist parties hardly have a good record of co operating with other elected representatives in NI. They actually prevented a government being formed for three years. "

can I use this "split vote" to say the UK is remain .... (I can't actually recall if it's true or not but that was the argument).

Tbh if they wanted to be treated the same, they should have support Mays deal !!

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"the highly vocal minority who are the so called democratic unionist party, have announced that they are taking their ball home on the gravy train, making unionism even far more unpopular that is already is. . I think you will find that that people who support the Union are in the majority in Northern Ireland, the only issue is that their vote is split between three parties. Sinn Fein have not gained any ground , they were able to take advantage of a split vote.

The Nationalist parties hardly have a good record of co operating with other elected representatives in NI. They actually prevented a government being formed for three years. "

Precisely

[Removed by poster at 14/05/22 08:39:16]

i think you'll find that when those that represent the voters who are indifferent to renunification of eire by standing as neutral are discounted, then the representatives of the voters who stand for reunification of eire are in the majority as of last friday. luckily sinn fein now represent the largest group of people in the north of eire and have an exemplary record of working cross party to acheive a long lasting peace.

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

"i think you'll find that when those that represent the voters who are indifferent to renunification of eire by standing as neutral are discounted, then the representatives of the voters who stand for reunification of eire are in the majority as of last friday. luckily sinn fein now represent the largest group of people in the north of eire and have an exemplary record of working cross party to acheive a long lasting peace. "

Also the majority of parties in ni support the protocol.

the silent majority majority of the parties wish to get on with trying to fix the mess that the government has created since 2010 ..... but the highly vocal minority of DUP unionists are stopping them while simultaneously free loading off the tax payer.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"the silent majority majority of the parties wish to get on with trying to fix the mess that the government has created since 2010 ..... but the highly vocal minority of DUP unionists are stopping them while simultaneously free loading off the tax payer. "

Your welcome to your opinion of course

kildare

"the silent majority majority of the parties wish to get on with trying to fix the mess that the government has created since 2010 ..... but the highly vocal minority of DUP unionists are stopping them while simultaneously free loading off the tax payer.

Your welcome to your opinion of course"

The opinion of the vast majority of people in ni want the protocol to work.

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

no one in NI was involved in negotiating the protocol with the EU, this is another BJ mess to get Brexit done

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Dup are only serving to enhance the sensible voices of the moderates, they are on the decline and their vote share going forward won't be helped by playing such games with the services people expect political parties to deliver ..

kildare

"no one in NI was involved in negotiating the protocol with the EU, this is another BJ mess to get Brexit done "

The dup were very involved but involved with boris and they believed what he told them.again all bullshit and lies

This is all his mess

Wellingborugh

"no one in NI was involved in negotiating the protocol with the EU, this is another BJ mess to get Brexit done "
. However, you would not expect people I NI to be involved. It was negotiated on their behalf by the UK government . The problem is that the EU have taken a totally unrealistic attitude towards enforcement and ignored the impact on the citizens of NI.

In any event there are provisions in the agreement to scrap it in certain circumstances.

Wellingborugh

"no one in NI was involved in negotiating the protocol with the EU, this is another BJ mess to get Brexit done

The dup were very involved but involved with boris and they believed what he told them.again all bullshit and lies

This is all his mess"

. It ie hardly a mess . There is a provision that the agreement can be scrapped if it is not working. It looks more like carefull planning by Boris and his team to me.

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"no one in NI was involved in negotiating the protocol with the EU, this is another BJ mess to get Brexit done

This is all his mess. It ie hardly a mess . There is a provision that the agreement can be scrapped if it is not working. It looks more like carefull planning by Boris and his team to me. "

is there tho? I thought there were provisions to take safeguard measures in certain circumstances.

That's not scarpping the whole lot

Irrc, the exit route is via a stormont vote.

By *loscouplegl3Couple  over a year ago

Gloucester

The EU don’t have to do anything. It’s the UK that was stupid enough to walk away and is now trying to foist conditions that it has zero leverage to attain.

If the UK dumps it’s protocol then a hard border goes in and the IRA will make a return.

If the UK sticks with protocol the other lot will kick off.

Should have stayed in the EU and none of this would have happened.

It’s not like this was unexpected. It was literally discussed within days of the whole Brexit nonsense starting.

Hi, thanks for your reply. what matters is how people vote on the day and the silent majority voted for an end to the shinanigans and corruption by the unionists. luckily we now have an overwhelming majority of republican representatives who are very talented people to carry on with reinforcing peace despite the aggressive and retrograde policies of the dup.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"no one in NI was involved in negotiating the protocol with the EU, this is another BJ mess to get Brexit done . However, you would not expect people I NI to be involved. It was negotiated on their behalf by the UK government . The problem is that the EU have taken a totally unrealistic attitude towards enforcement and ignored the impact on the citizens of NI.

In any event there are provisions in the agreement to scrap it in certain circumstances. "

Are you referring to the article 16 thing which both sides agreed to? I read on the news that the legal advice given to the government has now changed to being legal to act alone due to a increased threat of civil unrest. To me that sounds a bit scary

kildare

This is all his mess. It ie hardly a mess . There is a provision that the agreement can be scrapped if it is not working. It looks more like carefull planning by Boris and his team to me. "

Someone who thinks boris has a plan.

So then you can tell me what happens when the EU does what it says its going to do in response?

After the rigmarole of the courts it will be a trade war.

And that's just a numbers game with boris having much less numbers.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I thought Boris said there would only be a hard border in the North Sea over his dead body. Shouldn't he be at the bottom of the North Sea..?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"no one in NI was involved in negotiating the protocol with the EU, this is another BJ mess to get Brexit done . However, you would not expect people I NI to be involved. It was negotiated on their behalf by the UK government . The problem is that the EU have taken a totally unrealistic attitude towards enforcement and ignored the impact on the citizens of NI.

In any event there are provisions in the agreement to scrap it in certain circumstances.

Are you referring to the article 16 thing which both sides agreed to? I read on the news that the legal advice given to the government has now changed to being legal to act alone due to a increased threat of civil unrest. To me that sounds a bit scary "

Don’t worry we have ‘the human hand grenade’ Liz Truss dealing with it

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

If this is true then a significant number of Unionists must have voted to remain in the EU. They have the next best thing which is staying in the Single Market.

I very much doubt that business minded people in the north would want to ditch the protocol as it gives businesses in NI a competitive advantage over U.K. competitors with barrier free trade into the EU.

My opinion is that Boris knows that this will happen and he and his ideologically aligned mates cannot afford the rest of the U.K. to see an economically booming NI within the Single Market.

» Add a new message to this topic