FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Boris is the problem

Boris is the problem

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackal1 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

I was writing on the 30p lunch post and reading my argument it could have been read as anti Brexit even though it wasn’t.

Is it time for Boris to go?

My argument was we need to do what’s best for us as a country. Now I can absolutely accept we’re not rejoin go the EU and would never get the same deal which was so good so that’s not what I’m arguing.

My argument was as the global deals are now proving to be much worse for us than the lost EU trade do we need to make radical changes ? Being part of the customs union would benefit business and reduce both export and import costs. We could all benefit from price reductions right now. I’m not sure if that involves free movement but I don’t think it does . It would also do away with the trouble in NI in one fell swoop. .

Every argument we have at the moment isn’t having a decent voice or discussion because everything keeps being thrown back into the Brexit debate.

Boris won’t allow anything to help us get even a little closer to the EU based purely on saving face. Mainly his. He also has to answer to his right wing backers in the Tory party.

Do we need to remove Boris and replace him with a more moderate Tory who is more open to debate and a less restricted debate on options to help us?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Manchester

Sorry I should have posted “IS” Boris the problem?

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

No

Manchester

"No"

Well that was obviously an interesting and well thought out point which you backed up with facts and references to perfection. Well done

here

Well, looking at the way the voting is going in the Eurovision Song Contest, I think we should be saying “thank you Boris”

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

How vacuous do you have to be support Boris Johnson see above.

here

"Well, looking at the way the voting is going in the Eurovision Song Contest, I think we should be saying “thank you Boris” "

“ Don't forget that the forums are meant to be fun “

By *irtyold manMan  over a year ago

barnsley

If you replaced boris with a monkey from the zoo it would be a step in the right direction

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

I think that Boris is a big problem for the country right now simply because of his dogged ideological intransigence.

The N Ireland protocol thing ought to be seen as the shameful bit of political skulduggery that it was. He knew the consequences of the protocol and even it could be argued that he didn’t understand it, when his own Govts risk analysis was waved in his face by Sophie Ridge, he still denied it. He lied to the people of N Ireland, he lied to journalists and he lied to Parliament. He wanted to win an election and then renage on the deal that won him the election later.

We need governance that is quiet and competent and not, as I said on another thread, one that appears to create daily noise just for the sake of keeping the internal fires burning, maintaining divisions and stoking tension.

The purposely divisive stories that Johnson’s Government pumps out of the propaganda factory are just unnecessary noise and a competent Government would have no need to do this.

Oh… And we all deserve to be treated better than this.

Manchester

"I think that Boris is a big problem for the country right now simply because of his dogged ideological intransigence.

The N Ireland protocol thing ought to be seen as the shameful bit of political skulduggery that it was. He knew the consequences of the protocol and even it could be argued that he didn’t understand it, when his own Govts risk analysis was waved in his face by Sophie Ridge, he still denied it. He lied to the people of N Ireland, he lied to journalists and he lied to Parliament. He wanted to win an election and then renage on the deal that won him the election later.

We need governance that is quiet and competent and not, as I said on another thread, one that appears to create daily noise just for the sake of keeping the internal fires burning, maintaining divisions and stoking tension.

The purposely divisive stories that Johnson’s Government pumps out of the propaganda factory are just unnecessary noise and a competent Government would have no need to do this.

Oh… And we all deserve to be treated better than this.

"

This is my point exactly and I very good post.

It’s not a Tory labour discussion I’m talking about it’s his personality and chaotic style of leadership which is now seriously hurting this country.

Manchester

"Well, looking at the way the voting is going in the Eurovision Song Contest, I think we should be saying “thank you Boris” "

Well they could be looking over and thinking “ oh dear how sad to see the UK’s decline let’s try and cheer them up”

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

And don't underestimate the personal dislike of boris from other eu leaders.

They would give his predecessor a better deal on any issue than him at this stage.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"If you replaced boris with a monkey from the zoo it would be a step in the right direction"

How dare throw insults like that! Monkeys are not that stupid

here

"Well, looking at the way the voting is going in the Eurovision Song Contest, I think we should be saying “thank you Boris”

Well they could be looking over and thinking “ oh dear how sad to see the UK’s decline let’s try and cheer them up” "

#bebravelikeboris

Manchester

"Well, looking at the way the voting is going in the Eurovision Song Contest, I think we should be saying “thank you Boris”

Well they could be looking over and thinking “ oh dear how sad to see the UK’s decline let’s try and cheer them up”

#bebravelikeboris"

Hmmm is this the same man who wouldn’t do interviews before the election and hid in a fridge ?

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

If the UK ever did rejoin the EU (not for many years if at all) then without question we would never have the sweet deal we had before. We will likely be compelled to join the Euro, be part of Schengen and there is talk if removing vetoes (that would never have happened if we had stayed).

Bet the Brexiters will then say it was all a leftie remainer long term conspiracy to trick the British people into an ultimately closer more integrated EU! It won’t be Brexiters fault whatever happens

By *ayturners turn hayMan  over a year ago

Wellingborugh

#bebravelikeboris

Hmmm is this the same man who wouldn’t do interviews before the election and hid in a fridge ? "

. Why would he waste his time doing a television interview ? How many people actually watch television or think that asking loaded questions is desirable . He election strategy was an outstanding success with an 80 seat majority. No one can fault that

Wellingborugh

"I was writing on the 30p lunch post and reading my argument it could have been read as anti Brexit even though it wasn’t.

My argument was we need to do what’s best for us as a country. Now I can absolutely accept we’re not rejoin go the EU and would never get the same deal which was so good so that’s not what I’m arguing.

My argument was as the global deals are now proving to be much worse for us than the lost EU trade do we need to make radical changes ? Being part of the customs union would benefit business and reduce both export and import costs. We could all benefit from price reductions right now. I’m not sure if that involves free movement but I don’t think it does . It would also do away with the trouble in NI in one fell swoop. .

Every argument we have at the moment isn’t having a decent voice or discussion because everything keeps being thrown back into the Brexit debate.

Boris won’t allow anything to help us get even a little closer to the EU based purely on saving face. Mainly his. He also has to answer to his right wing backers in the Tory party.

Do we need to remove Boris and replace him with a more moderate Tory who is more open to debate and a less restricted debate on options to help us?

"

. However Boris is working very closely with the EU and doing all he can to resolve legacy issues . Leaving the EU had little impact on import or export costs and on a simplistic basis we are only talking about a few extra bits of paperwork. I do not see many companies complaining, they have simply adapted to changing circumstances. The rising costs crisis is global so whether or not we are a member of the EU has no impact on costs . If large companies were complaining about leaving thd EU I would be concerned.

The key issue or concern for anyone is the energy crisis and the war in Ukraine . Last time I checked only about 20 % of the current grain crop was planted in Ukraine and the window for planting crops is very limited. The impact of this is immediate unlike leaving the EU which had no real economic impact. If you want proof just look at the fall in value of pension funds since last October .

The reality is that we can do little about the cost of living crisis. Money does not appear from no where.

Boris is addressing the issue of the NI protocol and taking action to resolve it.

With a successfull EU exit, management of Covid 19 ( the key measure being excess deaths) and Ukraine regarding him as a hero we can safely ignore the opinions of the Boris haters .

The local elections were simply a short term set back. What actually matters is the general election .

The most serious issue facing Boris is that of home ownership which is the natural base of the Conservative party voter. While some younger people will receive inheritances who may help , in the longer term the voting base will be lost if the problems of generation rent are not addressed .

A rocky road lies ahead but there is little the government can do about it in the short term . We cannot build a nuclear power station over night .

Brighton

#bebravelikeboris

Hmmm is this the same man who wouldn’t do interviews before the election and hid in a fridge ? . Why would he waste his time doing a television interview ? How many people actually watch television or think that asking loaded questions is desirable . He election strategy was an outstanding success with an 80 seat majority. No one can fault that "

He lied. He got elected. Simple!

“Get Brexit Done”

“Oven Ready Deal”

“Build Back Better”

“Boris Lies Always”

Manchester

#bebravelikeboris

Hmmm is this the same man who wouldn’t do interviews before the election and hid in a fridge ? . Why would he waste his time doing a television interview ? How many people actually watch television or think that asking loaded questions is desirable . He election strategy was an outstanding success with an 80 seat majority. No one can fault that "

His team hid him in a fridge to stop him answering questions the public wanted to know the answer to. They were worried and rightly so he didn’t know what he was talking about.

His election victory was purely Brexit not his ability as PM which is proving correct as time goes on. He’s a shambles.

Also the simple fact is more people didn’t vote for Boris than did so most of the country don’t support him.

As for who watches tv? Here you go.

The television industry in the United Kingdom made 16.36 billion pounds in 2019.

In 2019, the average daily viewing time in the UK was 183 minutes.

In the UK, 8.48 million TV households paid for a Sky TV package in 2019, and almost 4 million for cable.

TV watching statistics by age show that the TV reach among children ages 4+ was about 60 million in summer 2019.

In 2020, there were 1.35 million UK households without television.

In the first quarter of 2021, the BBC News channel was one of the most popular TV Channels in the UK.

In 2018, ITV had the highest revenue growth among networks that amounted to £122.6 million.

In 2019, Online TV revenue exceeded 3 billion pounds in the UK.

In the summer of 2020, 15 million UK households had at least one Netflix account.

Average UK household spends around £444 per year on television services.

No one then obviously.

Manchester

"I was writing on the 30p lunch post and reading my argument it could have been read as anti Brexit even though it wasn’t.

. However Boris is working very closely with the EU and doing all he can to resolve legacy issues . Leaving the EU had little impact on import or export costs and on a simplistic basis we are only talking about a few extra bits of paperwork. I do not see many companies complaining, they have simply adapted to changing circumstances. The rising costs crisis is global so whether or not we are a member of the EU has no impact on costs . If large companies were complaining about leaving thd EU I would be concerned.

The key issue or concern for anyone is the energy crisis and the war in Ukraine . Last time I checked only about 20 % of the current grain crop was planted in Ukraine and the window for planting crops is very limited. The impact of this is immediate unlike leaving the EU which had no real economic impact. If you want proof just look at the fall in value of pension funds since last October .

The reality is that we can do little about the cost of living crisis. Money does not appear from no where.

Boris is addressing the issue of the NI protocol and taking action to resolve it.

With a successfull EU exit, management of Covid 19 ( the key measure being excess deaths) and Ukraine regarding him as a hero we can safely ignore the opinions of the Boris haters .

The local elections were simply a short term set back. What actually matters is the general election .

The most serious issue facing Boris is that of home ownership which is the natural base of the Conservative party voter. While some younger people will receive inheritances who may help , in the longer term the voting base will be lost if the problems of generation rent are not addressed .

A rocky road lies ahead but there is little the government can do about it in the short term . We cannot build a nuclear power station over night ."

You do write some utter crap!

Wellingborugh

A rocky road lies ahead but there is little the government can do about it in the short term . We cannot build a nuclear power station over night .

You do write some utter crap! "

What I think is probably irrelevant. Why matters is what the country as a whole think . Last time I checked Boris won an 80 seat majority which most people will accept as being a fantastic achievement. It is the opinion of the electorate that counts , not that of a small but very vocal minority.

Wellingborugh

#bebravelikeboris

Hmmm is this the same man who wouldn’t do interviews before the election and hid in a fridge ? . Why would he waste his time doing a television interview ? How many people actually watch television or think that asking loaded questions is desirable . He election strategy was an outstanding success with an 80 seat majority. No one can fault that

His team hid him in a fridge to stop him answering questions the public wanted to know the answer to. They were worried and rightly so he didn’t know what he was talking about.

His election victory was purely Brexit not his ability as PM which is proving correct as time goes on. He’s a shambles.

Also the simple fact is more people didn’t vote for Boris than did so most of the country don’t support him.

The television industry in the United Kingdom made 16.36 billion pounds in 2019.

In the UK, 8.48 million TV households paid for a Sky TV package in 2019, and almost 4 million for cable.

TV watching statistics by age show that the TV reach among children ages 4+ was about 60 million in summer 2019.

In the first quarter of 2021, the BBC News channel was one of the most popular TV Channels in the UK.

In 2018, ITV had the highest revenue growth among networks that amounted to £122.6 million.

In the summer of 2020, 15 million UK households had at least one Netflix account.

No one then obviously. "

. So what were the viewing figures of the programme in question. ?

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

A rocky road lies ahead but there is little the government can do about it in the short term . We cannot build a nuclear power station over night ."

if leaving the EU was so negligible, I don't get why NIP is such an issue. (not expecting you to answer tho!)

I love that you point to a successful EU exit (when we are seeking to cancel the NIP and still haven't got checks in. And the increase in asylum seekers may be a result of leaving the Dublin convention).

And covid management (where excess deaths were not great, but luckily OU managed to pull is out).

I have no idea on Ukraine tbh. In a country where men are volunteering to put their lives at risk, I'd have thought hero would be a meaningful term.

North West

[Removed by poster at 15/05/22 11:48:19]

North West

You do write some utter crap! What I think is probably irrelevant. Why matters is what the country as a whole think . Last time I checked Boris won an 80 seat majority which most people will accept as being a fantastic achievement. It is the opinion of the electorate that counts , not that of a small but very vocal minority."

He won an 80 seat majority by lying. He conned vast swathes of the country by lying to them, lying to journalists and lying to Parliament.

If you regard success as being admirable at any cost, then you are debasing the great historical nature of democracy in this country.

Truth matters

Honesty matters

Principles matter

Integrity matters

To suggest that they don't matter and anything goes in politics as long as there is a win - then this country will be no better than the banana republics that we normally laugh at.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

You're arguing against the forums pet troll. Feel free to carry on feeding him (I personally love his work and would find this place duller without him and Tom). But don't think he has any skin in this game.

Brighton

"You're arguing against the forums pet troll. Feel free to carry on feeding him (I personally love his work and would find this place duller without him and Tom). But don't think he has any skin in this game.

"

“Haymaker keeps gaslighting”

Three words slogans!

Manchester

#bebravelikeboris

Hmmm is this the same man who wouldn’t do interviews before the election and hid in a fridge ? . Why would he waste his time doing a television interview ? How many people actually watch television or think that asking loaded questions is desirable . He election strategy was an outstanding success with an 80 seat majority. No one can fault that

No one then obviously. . So what were the viewing figures of the programme in question. ? "

The banks of the press he ran away from so take your pick!

By *ulaMan  over a year ago

Hitchin

"If the UK ever did rejoin the EU (not for many years if at all) then without question we would never have the sweet deal we had before. We will likely be compelled to join the Euro, be part of Schengen and there is talk if removing vetoes (that would never have happened if we had stayed).we had a good deal Maggie got us then Blair gave it away,one reason for leaving.

Bet the Brexiters will then say it was all a leftie remainer long term conspiracy to trick the British people into an ultimately closer more integrated EU! It won’t be Brexiters fault whatever happens "

Brighton

"If the UK ever did rejoin the EU (not for many years if at all) then without question we would never have the sweet deal we had before. We will likely be compelled to join the Euro, be part of Schengen and there is talk if removing vetoes (that would never have happened if we had stayed).we had a good deal Maggie got us then Blair gave it away,one reason for leaving.

Bet the Brexiters will then say it was all a leftie remainer long term conspiracy to trick the British people into an ultimately closer more integrated EU! It won’t be Brexiters fault whatever happens "

You need to learn how quotes work and not embed your response within my words!

Are you saying the UK did not have a veto?

Wellingborugh

You do write some utter crap! What I think is probably irrelevant. Why matters is what the country as a whole think . Last time I checked Boris won an 80 seat majority which most people will accept as being a fantastic achievement. It is the opinion of the electorate that counts , not that of a small but very vocal minority.

He won an 80 seat majority by lying. He conned vast swathes of the country by lying to them, lying to journalists and lying to Parliament.

If you regard success as being admirable at any cost, then you are debasing the great historical nature of democracy in this country.

Truth matters

Honesty matters

Principles matter

Integrity matters

To suggest that they don't matter and anything goes in politics as long as there is a win - then this country will be no better than the banana republics that we normally laugh at."

. However I do not think it is a as easy to deceive the British public as you are appearing to suggest.

During the election campaign each party presented their policies the public evaluated them and then voted accordingly.

Apart from a very vocal minority I do not see many people complaining about the performance of Boris or his honesty.

The underlying issue is that those who disagree with him cannot accept his success . They have no viable alternative policies and their only policy appears to be to criticise Boris. This is hardly a recipe for election success.

Ukraine regard him as a hero.

Wellingborugh

A rocky road lies ahead but there is little the government can do about it in the short term . We cannot build a nuclear power station over night .if leaving the EU was so negligible, I don't get why NIP is such an issue. (not expecting you to answer tho!)

I love that you point to a successful EU exit (when we are seeking to cancel the NIP and still haven't got checks in. And the increase in asylum seekers may be a result of leaving the Dublin convention).

And covid management (where excess deaths were not great, but luckily OU managed to pull is out).

I have no idea on Ukraine tbh. In a country where men are volunteering to put their lives at risk, I'd have thought hero would be a meaningful term.

"

You will not get everything correct first time around . The NIP is one issue that needs to be addressed and the government have indicated that an action plan is in progress to resolve it. Ni simply has to be treated the same as the rest of the UK.

Under the current agreement firms in NI may not be eligible for loans under the Covid recovery scheme as the EU have stated that it is ending the temporary relaxation of state aid restrictions. In addition the agreement has prevented Rishi Sunak applying a UK VAT cut on devices such as solar panels in Northern Ireland

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

A rocky road lies ahead but there is little the government can do about it in the short term . We cannot build a nuclear power station over night .if leaving the EU was so negligible, I don't get why NIP is such an issue. (not expecting you to answer tho!)

You will not get everything correct first time around . The NIP is one issue that needs to be addressed and the government have indicated that an action plan is in progress to resolve it. Ni simply has to be treated the same as the rest of the UK.

Under the current agreement firms in NI may not be eligible for loans under the Covid recovery scheme as the EU have stated that it is ending the temporary relaxation of state aid restrictions. In addition the agreement has prevented Rishi Sunak applying a UK VAT cut on devices such as solar panels in Northern Ireland "

we signed up for NI to not be treated the same. That's not a bug, it's a feature.

You could argue the COVID loans was an unintended consequence to a once in a generation event. I'd accept that, and could see an argument for trying to use article 16 to do something here.

The VAT point. Feature, not bug.

Wellingborugh

Under the current agreement firms in NI may not be eligible for loans under the Covid recovery scheme as the EU have stated that it is ending the temporary relaxation of state aid restrictions. In addition the agreement has prevented Rishi Sunak applying a UK VAT cut on devices such as solar panels in Northern Ireland we signed up for NI to not be treated the same. That's not a bug, it's a feature.

You could argue the COVID loans was an unintended consequence to a once in a generation event. I'd accept that, and could see an argument for trying to use article 16 to do something here.

The VAT point. Feature, not bug. "

. However we had no choice but to sign it. That is why it now needs to be reversed and very quickly.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Under the current agreement firms in NI may not be eligible for loans under the Covid recovery scheme as the EU have stated that it is ending the temporary relaxation of state aid restrictions. In addition the agreement has prevented Rishi Sunak applying a UK VAT cut on devices such as solar panels in Northern Ireland we signed up for NI to not be treated the same. That's not a bug, it's a feature.

The VAT point. Feature, not bug. . However we had no choice but to sign it. That is why it now needs to be reversed and very quickly. "

no choice? We held all the cards, no?

We could have gone for Mays deal. That irrc achieved your aim of treating NI the same as rUK

Or, after he got his overwhelming majority, he could have overturned the Benn Act and gone no deal.

All options could have been on the table.

But if we had no choice then what new choices do we have now? And why ?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

So if Boris goes who’s next in line?

Gove, Dorries, Patel?

Manchester

"So if Boris goes who’s next in line?

Gove, Dorries, Patel?

"

I think Hunt is circling.

here

When time is up for Boris, and that’s not any time soon, Conservatives will elect Wallace.

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

I’ve not been on here for a long time. So out of the loop, but judging by the complete lack of awareness in this post, I’m guessing this is Pat under yet another new account?

-Matt

Barbados

You do write some utter crap! What I think is probably irrelevant. Why matters is what the country as a whole think . Last time I checked Boris won an 80 seat majority which most people will accept as being a fantastic achievement. It is the opinion of the electorate that counts , not that of a small but very vocal minority."

You do realise that due to our FPTP electrical system it was exactly *because* or a small vocal minority that Boris got that 80 seat majority. You don’t understand that, right?

Barbados

"So if Boris goes who’s next in line?

Gove, Dorries, Patel?

"

Scary thought.

-Matt

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"

Is this what they used to call the Norway option or am I mixed with the single market

North West

The VAT point. Feature, not bug. . However we had no choice but to sign it. That is why it now needs to be reversed and very quickly. "

Why no choice?

Theresa May’s deal was better than what was finally negotiated and despite knowing that it would create a border in the Irish Sea, he swore blind that it wouldn’t and promised in the 2019 manifesto that there would be no more negotiations with the EU… And here we are three years later.

It is important that we all look back as to how we ended up where we are. N Ireland is stolen land, it doesn’t belong to us. We stole it, violently.

There have been troubles ongoing since the partition but these were largely put to bed by the Good Friday Agreement (which the DUP incidentally have always rejected) which was facilitated by both the U.K. and Eire being in the Single Market and Customs Union.

The U.K. unilaterally decided to upset the applecart by deciding to quit the Single Market and the Customs Union and worse, announce the intention to diverge from EU regulations.

It is wholly and solely down to The Brexit Champions to fix this. It is not the EU’s fault, it is not Eire’s fault and it is not the fault of Remainers. All of the aforementioned stated ad nauseum that the actions and direction chosen by the Brexit negotiators would deliver a complex problem on N Ireland and would risk effective Government in the Province and potentially a return to violence.

Actions have consequences and the fire that Johnson & Co are playing with us very real. They would be best advised to negotiate quietly, with all stakeholders and promote compromise. Dogged belligerence will not work with this situation.

Wellingborugh

The VAT point. Feature, not bug. . However we had no choice but to sign it. That is why it now needs to be reversed and very quickly.

Why no choice?

Theresa May’s deal was better than what was finally negotiated and despite knowing that it would create a border in the Irish Sea, he swore blind that it wouldn’t and promised in the 2019 manifesto that there would be no more negotiations with the EU… And here we are three years later.

It is important that we all look back as to how we ended up where we are. N Ireland is stolen land, it doesn’t belong to us. We stole it, violently.

There have been troubles ongoing since the partition but these were largely put to bed by the Good Friday Agreement (which the DUP incidentally have always rejected) which was facilitated by both the U.K. and Eire being in the Single Market and Customs Union.

The U.K. unilaterally decided to upset the applecart by deciding to quit the Single Market and the Customs Union and worse, announce the intention to diverge from EU regulations.

It is wholly and solely down to The Brexit Champions to fix this. It is not the EU’s fault, it is not Eire’s fault and it is not the fault of Remainers. All of the aforementioned stated ad nauseum that the actions and direction chosen by the Brexit negotiators would deliver a complex problem on N Ireland and would risk effective Government in the Province and potentially a return to violence.

Actions have consequences and the fire that Johnson & Co are playing with us very real. They would be best advised to negotiate quietly, with all stakeholders and promote compromise. Dogged belligerence will not work with this situation."

. However I do not think that the citizens of NI regard it as being stolen land ( to use your terminology ). As things stand support for a United Ireland is around 35 % so support for the union is still strong. There are no valid reasons as to why NI should be treated any differently to any other part of the UK.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

The VAT point. Feature, not bug. . However we had no choice but to sign it. That is why it now needs to be reversed and very quickly.

Why no choice?

Actions have consequences and the fire that Johnson & Co are playing with us very real. They would be best advised to negotiate quietly, with all stakeholders and promote compromise. Dogged belligerence will not work with this situation.. However I do not think that the citizens of NI regard it as being stolen land ( to use your terminology ). As things stand support for a United Ireland is around 35 % so support for the union is still strong. There are no valid reasons as to why NI should be treated any differently to any other part of the UK. "

so back to Mays deal then. now that is what I call a u turn !!

Manchester

Why no choice?

Actions have consequences and the fire that Johnson & Co are playing with us very real. They would be best advised to negotiate quietly, with all stakeholders and promote compromise. Dogged belligerence will not work with this situation.. However I do not think that the citizens of NI regard it as being stolen land ( to use your terminology ). As things stand support for a United Ireland is around 35 % so support for the union is still strong. There are no valid reasons as to why NI should be treated any differently to any other part of the UK. "

So why don’t you support Boris who wanted the border to treat NI differently? You make it up as you go along and being our resident troll please can you at least try to get near to a valid argument . Yours are just obviously full of made up shit!! Very poor showing .

Wellingborugh

Why no choice?

Actions have consequences and the fire that Johnson & Co are playing with us very real. They would be best advised to negotiate quietly, with all stakeholders and promote compromise. Dogged belligerence will not work with this situation.. However I do not think that the citizens of NI regard it as being stolen land ( to use your terminology ). As things stand support for a United Ireland is around 35 % so support for the union is still strong. There are no valid reasons as to why NI should be treated any differently to any other part of the UK.

So why don’t you support Boris who wanted the border to treat NI differently? You make it up as you go along and being our resident troll please can you at least try to get near to a valid argument . Yours are just obviously full of made up shit!! Very poor showing . "

. It sounds like the truth hurts to some posters . The government are already taking action to resolve the issue and hopefully it will satisfy the majority of residents in NI who still support the Union.

It might be worth bearing in mind that the Boris haters are simply a small but very vocal minority . It seems some people have difficulty either recognising or accepting the governments success .

Manchester

Why no choice?

Actions have consequences and the fire that Johnson & Co are playing with us very real. They would be best advised to negotiate quietly, with all stakeholders and promote compromise. Dogged belligerence will not work with this situation.. However I do not think that the citizens of NI regard it as being stolen land ( to use your terminology ). As things stand support for a United Ireland is around 35 % so support for the union is still strong. There are no valid reasons as to why NI should be treated any differently to any other part of the UK.

So why don’t you support Boris who wanted the border to treat NI differently? You make it up as you go along and being our resident troll please can you at least try to get near to a valid argument . Yours are just obviously full of made up shit!! Very poor showing . . It sounds like the truth hurts to some posters . The government are already taking action to resolve the issue and hopefully it will satisfy the majority of residents in NI who still support the Union.

It might be worth bearing in mind that the Boris haters are simply a small but very vocal minority . It seems some people have difficulty either recognising or accepting the governments success . "

Oh dear it’s getting worse . Rinse and repeat dear dear you should be embarrassed now.

Still you didn’t deny Boris wanted the border so you are leaning .

Wellingborugh

Why no choice?

So why don’t you support Boris who wanted the border to treat NI differently? You make it up as you go along and being our resident troll please can you at least try to get near to a valid argument . Yours are just obviously full of made up shit!! Very poor showing . . It sounds like the truth hurts to some posters . The government are already taking action to resolve the issue and hopefully it will satisfy the majority of residents in NI who still support the Union.

It might be worth bearing in mind that the Boris haters are simply a small but very vocal minority . It seems some people have difficulty either recognising or accepting the governments success .

Oh dear it’s getting worse . Rinse and repeat dear dear you should be embarrassed now.

Still you didn’t deny Boris wanted the border so you are leaning . "

. How would it be possible to be embarrassed on an internet forum? It is not the real world and in any event it is difficult to ascertain why anyone would be embarrassed for supporting government policy . Those who support the government are simply recognising that there were returned to power with a massive majority and supporters simply want to honour the wishes of the electorate. I think it is called common decency and involves respecting the wishes of everyone

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

"Sorry I should have posted “IS” Boris the problem? "

No, you were right first time

Manchester

Why no choice?

Still you didn’t deny Boris wanted the border so you are leaning . . How would it be possible to be embarrassed on an internet forum? It is not the real world and in any event it is difficult to ascertain why anyone would be embarrassed for supporting government policy . Those who support the government are simply recognising that there were returned to power with a massive majority and supporters simply want to honour the wishes of the electorate. I think it is called common decency and involves respecting the wishes of everyone "

No that’s not cutting it either. I’ll give you 2 out 10 for using paragraphs and spelling but content is a zero.

It’s just unacceptable for you to not argue against the statement that Boris knew he wanted a border but didn’t want to tell anyone so said there won’t be.

Think that’s lying.

So personally I wouldn’t expect you to feel embarrassed but I’m embarrassed for you. It’s a like dead or stupid people. Neither will ever feel the pain they inflict on others.

Manchester

[Removed by poster at 15/05/22 19:33:03]

Wellingborugh

Why no choice?

Still you didn’t deny Boris wanted the border so you are leaning . . How would it be possible to be embarrassed on an internet forum? It is not the real world and in any event it is difficult to ascertain why anyone would be embarrassed for supporting government policy . Those who support the government are simply recognising that there were returned to power with a massive majority and supporters simply want to honour the wishes of the electorate. I think it is called common decency and involves respecting the wishes of everyone

No that’s not cutting it either. I’ll give you 2 out 10 for using paragraphs and spelling but content is a zero.

It’s just unacceptable for you to not argue against the statement that Boris knew he wanted a border but didn’t want to tell anyone so said there won’t be.

Think that’s lying.

So personally I wouldn’t expect you to feel embarrassed but I’m embarrassed for you. It’s a like dead or stupid people. Neither will ever feel the pain they inflict on others.

"

..That is quite a statement to state that those who support the government are stupid. Whilst everyone is entitled to an opinion not many go around calling a significant proportion of the population stupid.

Brighton

Jo Maugham (I know righties hate this fella) has said...

“I see the Bank of England has joined judges, the BBC, the NHS, the Human Rights Act, the EU, Channel 4, remainers, the war in Ukraine, civil servants and those who want to work from home as being responsible for the failures of our blameless Government.”

Couldn’t agree more!

BoE warned of Brexit related supply chain inflation and were ignored as “project fear”.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Why no choice?

Still you didn’t deny Boris wanted the border so you are leaning . . How would it be possible to be embarrassed on an internet forum? It is not the real world and in any event it is difficult to ascertain why anyone would be embarrassed for supporting government policy . Those who support the government are simply recognising that there were returned to power with a massive majority and supporters simply want to honour the wishes of the electorate. I think it is called common decency and involves respecting the wishes of everyone "

the electorate voted for the NIP via 2019 GE. Now if HMG wants to use A16 to make small changes (eg yr COVID example) then that's fine. Big old U turns and dicking around with where the border is, especially if it's to placate a minority party, that's laughing at the electorate.

Manchester

Why no choice?

Still you didn’t deny Boris wanted the border so you are leaning . . How would it be possible to be embarrassed on an internet forum? It is not the real world and in any event it is difficult to ascertain why anyone would be embarrassed for supporting government policy . Those who support the government are simply recognising that there were returned to power with a massive majority and supporters simply want to honour the wishes of the electorate. I think it is called common decency and involves respecting the wishes of everyone

Think that’s lying.

..That is quite a statement to state that those who support the government are stupid. Whilst everyone is entitled to an opinion not many go around calling a significant proportion of the population stupid. "

Feel free to point out where I stated those who supported the government are stupid. As usual you make it up.

I think if you read it again I was embarrassed for you not those who blindly support the government.

I could also feel very embarrassed for people who ignorantly believe all they read in the daily Mail but that’s a whole new discussion.

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

"That is quite a statement to state that those who support the government are stupid. Whilst everyone is entitled to an opinion not many go around calling a significant proportion of the population stupid. "

Equally, it doesn't necessarily mean that they might not be!

North West

"However I do not think that the citizens of NI regard it as being stolen land ( to use your terminology ). As things stand support for a United Ireland is around 35 % so support for the union is still strong. There are no valid reasons as to why NI should be treated any differently to any other part of the UK. "

It surprises me not one bit that you have no idea about the history of the island of Ireland.

If there are no valid reasons why NI should be treated differently to any other part of the U.K. and the U.K. has insisted it is going to diverge from EU regulations where will the WTO trade border be? As the Party who is making the change, it is the U.K. responsibility to make and arrange that border.

North West

Why no choice?

Mid it is not possible to be embarrassed on an Internet forum, why do you create a new profile each time you find yourself humiliated on the politics forum and why do you have a different profile on the French forum?

What is there to be embarrassed about?

here

"However I do not think that the citizens of NI regard it as being stolen land ( to use your terminology ). As things stand support for a United Ireland is around 35 % so support for the union is still strong. There are no valid reasons as to why NI should be treated any differently to any other part of the UK.

It surprises me not one bit that you have no idea about the history of the island of Ireland.

If there are no valid reasons why NI should be treated differently to any other part of the U.K. and the U.K. has insisted it is going to diverge from EU regulations where will the WTO trade border be? As the Party who is making the change, it is the U.K. responsibility to make and arrange that border."

Make and arrange a border for what purpose?

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"However I do not think that the citizens of NI regard it as being stolen land ( to use your terminology ). As things stand support for a United Ireland is around 35 % so support for the union is still strong. There are no valid reasons as to why NI should be treated any differently to any other part of the UK.

If there are no valid reasons why NI should be treated differently to any other part of the U.K. and the U.K. has insisted it is going to diverge from EU regulations where will the WTO trade border be? As the Party who is making the change, it is the U.K. responsibility to make and arrange that border.

"

any checking the UK would want to do.

(I don't agree it's the UK responsibility to arrange a border tho. UK and Ireland would have their own responsibility to set up the border if they wanted to)

By *ustintime69Man  over a year ago

Bristol

Why no choice?

Think that’s lying.

..That is quite a statement to state that those who support the government are stupid. Whilst everyone is entitled to an opinion not many go around calling a significant proportion of the population stupid. "

Come on Pat/tractors and trailers/muck spreader….do tell us just who is paying you to put this nonsense on here?

It’s quite hilarious how dogged you are in your pursuit of acting out the common man/little englander/daily mail reader trope.

Keep up the good work, the Kremlin must afford you lmao

By *ustintime69Man  over a year ago

Bristol

Adore you….

North West

"

Are you being serious?

The United Kingdom has not only removed itself from an existing customs zone but also announced that it will diverge from the rules of that customs zone.

It is a requirement of both WTO and conventional international law that the party that changes the rules must ensure that the other party is not adversely damaged by the unilateral action taken.

We are not some kind of rogue, cowboy nation that goes around trampling all over international conventions and laws are we?

Are we????

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

For those who voted for him, you only have yourselves to blame.

Everyone knew he was a fucking idiot, just look at what he did when he was Mayor of London.

» Add a new message to this topic