FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Slough council

Slough council

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ools and the brain OP   Couple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Bankrupt and must have known for some time things going pear shaped,yet still had the audacity to fork out 20k on plants for new council offices.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"Bankrupt and must have known for some time things going pear shaped,yet still had the audacity to fork out 20k on plants for new council offices."

Like many councils both Tory and labour it’s not their money so not a problem.

Government leads by example in squandering taxpayers cash. Thousands of containers still being stored full of not fit for purpose PPE .

By *ustintime69Man  over a year ago

Bristol

I think Heathrow is in Slough council’s borough so if you think how many businesses related to it have gone tits up over the pandemic, it’s hardly surprising that they are potentially bankrupt with no income from all these businesses and paying out pandemic support grants. There’s always a bigger picture than what the Daily Heil likes to push out!

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"I think Heathrow is in Slough council’s borough so if you think how many businesses related to it have gone tits up over the pandemic, it’s hardly surprising that they are potentially bankrupt with no income from all these businesses and paying out pandemic support grants. There’s always a bigger picture than what the Daily Heil likes to push out! "

Yes I agree they are hurting as driving local spend but critically the business rates are paid to central government and then re-distributed .

The councils have had repeated massive cuts in their central government paid budgets .

Unless they double the local council tax to private householders they have to make cuts in services. It’s controlled by the government ultimately.

Oh and before anyone says Tory councils are better at this, the average Labour council across the country charges £300 less per year to each household to try and balance their ever shrinking books . (Fact read as a statement in parliament to correct yet another Boris lie. )

We need a grown up government . Whether that’s real Tory or Labour I don’t care but this right wing mess are not fit for purpose .

By *hocolate37Man  over a year ago

Heathrow

"I think Heathrow is in Slough council’s borough so if you think how many businesses related to it have gone tits up over the pandemic, it’s hardly surprising that they are potentially bankrupt with no income from all these businesses and paying out pandemic support grants. There’s always a bigger picture than what the Daily Heil likes to push out! "

Heathrow's in Hounslow Borough Council.

By *ustintime69Man  over a year ago

Bristol

"I think Heathrow is in Slough council’s borough so if you think how many businesses related to it have gone tits up over the pandemic, it’s hardly surprising that they are potentially bankrupt with no income from all these businesses and paying out pandemic support grants. There’s always a bigger picture than what the Daily Heil likes to push out!

Heathrow's in Hounslow Borough Council."

I stand corrected but for the sake of argument I bet a lot of Heathrow trade goes through Slough estates and I doubt that’s been an easy ride

By *ools and the brain OP   Couple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"I think Heathrow is in Slough council’s borough so if you think how many businesses related to it have gone tits up over the pandemic, it’s hardly surprising that they are potentially bankrupt with no income from all these businesses and paying out pandemic support grants. There’s always a bigger picture than what the Daily Heil likes to push out!

I stand corrected but for the sake of argument I bet a lot of Heathrow trade goes through Slough estates and I doubt that’s been an easy ride"

I think Slough comes under Berkshire which probably has higher rates then Middlesex, which is probably why all the trading estates are on the Middlesex side.

Either way 20k on plants is shocking.

By *hocolate37Man  over a year ago

Heathrow

I stand corrected but for the sake of argument I bet a lot of Heathrow trade goes through Slough estates and I doubt that’s been an easy ride"

Oh, point absolutely taken...my post was just for clarity. Having said that, what Jools and the Brain said is correct. And Slough isn't as close to Heathrow as you'd think...

» Add a new message to this topic