FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Client Journalists

Client Journalists

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hebrituk OP   Couple  over a year ago

London

Not sure if people have noticed that journalists seemed to be more interested in creating the narrative then reporting it? I know that journalists don’t get access to government unless they tow the line and push the prescribed political agenda. The RMT strike is a good example of journalists trying to misdirect the public.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Not sure if people have noticed that journalists seemed to be more interested in creating the narrative then reporting it? I know that journalists don’t get access to government unless they tow the line and push the prescribed political agenda. The RMT strike is a good example of journalists trying to misdirect the public. "
facts dont sell papers.

I do agree tho. It's shocking which angles are reported on and which are brushed away.

I think people want to read "news" that matches and gives "credibility" to their feelings. Rather than have news that may make them challenge their views of the world"

Rwanda is, imo, a prime example. The strikes are similar.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"Not sure if people have noticed that journalists seemed to be more interested in creating the narrative then reporting it? I know that journalists don’t get access to government unless they tow the line and push the prescribed political agenda. The RMT strike is a good example of journalists trying to misdirect the public. facts dont sell papers.

I do agree tho. It's shocking which angles are reported on and which are brushed away.

I think people want to read "news" that matches and gives "credibility" to their feelings. Rather than have news that may make them challenge their views of the world"

Rwanda is, imo, a prime example. The strikes are similar. "

Definitely.

The media plays a huge role in influencing people to vote for shit like more Conservative rule, Brexit etc. All things that are actively damaging to the country.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

If the right wing media which is 80% owned by Boris supporters focus on the agenda over and over it’s hard to break away from the view you are fed.

If you tell a lie often enough people will believe it eventually. Trump for example.

A lot of people are lazy and don’t bother to find the reality. They only read a corrupted version of the truth. As above they look for reassurance on their bias.

How disgraceful the once elite newspaper the Times will retract a story to tow the party line. Other journalists have written the same accusations after checking the source. No legal threats so far from Boris.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"Not sure if people have noticed that journalists seemed to be more interested in creating the narrative then reporting it? I know that journalists don’t get access to government unless they tow the line and push the prescribed political agenda. The RMT strike is a good example of journalists trying to misdirect the public. "

Some examples of journalists trying to misdirect the public in relation to the RMT strike would be helpful. I'm not saying they have or haven't, I'd just like to know where you think they have.

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

If the UK media is so right wing as some on here claim it is, how come the partygate story has acheived so much publicity and for so long?

Plus would also like to remind some short memory people on hear that the Conservative PM and Chancellor at the time campaigned for the UK to remain in the EU.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"If the UK media is so right wing as some on here claim it is, how come the partygate story has acheived so much publicity and for so long?

Plus would also like to remind some short memory people on hear that the Conservative PM and Chancellor at the time campaigned for the UK to remain in the EU."

Exactly people seem to forget that, i think people believe what they want and look for content to back up their beliefs they dont read media that doesnt correspond with their views.The internet is as much to blame with the algorithms that continually bombard you with only the news they have worked out you like.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"If the UK media is so right wing as some on here claim it is, how come the partygate story has acheived so much publicity and for so long?

Plus would also like to remind some short memory people on hear that the Conservative PM and Chancellor at the time campaigned for the UK to remain in the EU."

So did liz truss

ROMFORD

Plus would also like to remind some short memory people on hear that the Conservative PM and Chancellor at the time campaigned for the UK to remain in the EU.

So did liz truss "

So basically she has accepted the result of the referendum and got on with the job she has been given.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

So did liz truss "

See some people can get over it.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Did the right wing media break partygate ? Or have they had to follow this story once it became part of the public's conciousness?

What angle have taken on it ? Throwing a sitting duck PM under his red bus doesnt stop them from being right wing. The focus on SKS is interesting here. Itvttiws to make the story about the rules. Not the culture and the lying.

I'd also question if brexit was right versus left. The blue wall came beacause if left backing Brexit... Which makes me think this issue splits parties.

Tbh my issue isn't about bias it's about quality. Maybe they are linked. As I think bias is harder if you also have to do quality journalism

So did liz truss See some people can get over it."

Get over what?

So did liz truss

So basically she has accepted the result of the referendum and got on with the job she has been given.

"

Yes, the vast majority of people have accepted the result of the referendum (myself included) people are struggling to accept just how shit Brexit has become,

golden fields

Plus would also like to remind some short memory people on hear that the Conservative PM and Chancellor at the time campaigned for the UK to remain in the EU.Exactly people seem to forget that, i think people believe what they want and look for content to back up their beliefs they dont read media that doesnt correspond with their views.The internet is as much to blame with the algorithms that continually bombard you with only the news they have worked out you like. "

How do you guys feel about your infallible party having a leader who campaigned against the infallible brexit?

Surely one of these two things don't add up!

golden fields

Why are you suggesting that only the left wing care about the PM being a lying cheating sack of shit, who breaks the rules he set, while British people died alone in hospital?

Bit insulting to everyone else who isn't left wing.

ROMFORD

Why are you suggesting that only the left wing care about the PM being a lying cheating sack of shit, who breaks the rules he set, while British people died alone in hospital?

Bit insulting to everyone else who isn't left wing."

People didn't die alone as there would have been NHS staff in the hospitals.

The whole narrative of dieing alone in hospitals I find insulting to the NHS staff.

golden fields

The whole narrative of dieing alone in hospitals I find insulting to the NHS staff.

"

Okay, reword it to, without their families and loved ones.

But whatever you need to tell yourself to justify Boris and co laughing and partying while people died without seeing their families and loved ones.

Still think it's insulting that you think only left wing people would find this repulsive.

ROMFORD

But whatever you need to tell yourself to justify Boris and co laughing and partying while people died without seeing their families and loved ones.

Still think it's insulting that you think only left wing people would find this repulsive."

So you fail to understand why people were restricted from going into hospitals which were full of patients with Covid-19.!

The Covid-19 virus is spread via airborne droplets and spread at highest when in close proximity.

I do wonder if people actually understand anything about this virus.!

golden fields

Still think it's insulting that you think only left wing people would find this repulsive.

So you fail to understand why people were restricted from going into hospitals which were full of patients with Covid-19.!

The Covid-19 virus is spread via airborne droplets and spread at highest when in close proximity.

I do wonder if people actually understand anything about this virus.!"

I completely understand that.

Seems like Boris didn't, or didn't give a shit.

Either way, still insulting that you claim only left wingers care about these issues. Do you really think that everyone else doesn't care?

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 30/06/22 10:32:59]

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

I think there was little thought put into visiting family members in hospital who were probably going to die, not just covid patients but all the other illnesses.

The ongoing mental impact is yet to fully surface from this restriction. I'm not for one moment saying that people should not have been prevented from going into hospitals on regular visits.

I'm saying in circumstances it was thought a patient was likely to die, arrangements could have been made for a family member to visit and be with them during their final moments.

PPE masks, testing and an isolated room or ward, would have lowered the risks considerably. For many, that was not an option and it can't be reversed.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

people aren't saying the rules were wrong.

But that consistently breaking the rules were wrong.

They shouldn't have had multiple parties because the Covid-19 virus is spread via airborne droplets and spread at highest when in close proximity.

I do wonder if consecutives actually understand anything about this virus.!

Widnes

"Not sure if people have noticed that journalists seemed to be more interested in creating the narrative then reporting it? I know that journalists don’t get access to government unless they tow the line and push the prescribed political agenda. The RMT strike is a good example of journalists trying to misdirect the public.

Some examples of journalists trying to misdirect the public in relation to the RMT strike would be helpful. I'm not saying they have or haven't, I'd just like to know where you think they have."

I'm still waiting for someone to give me an example journalists trying to misdirect the public in relation to RMT. Without some examples this whole thread is just a series of abstract comments about nothing and anything except what the OP was originally about.

"Not sure if people have noticed that journalists seemed to be more interested in creating the narrative then reporting it? I know that journalists don’t get access to government unless they tow the line and push the prescribed political agenda. The RMT strike is a good example of journalists trying to misdirect the public.

Some examples of journalists trying to misdirect the public in relation to the RMT strike would be helpful. I'm not saying they have or haven't, I'd just like to know where you think they have.

I'm still waiting for someone to give me an example journalists trying to misdirect the public in relation to RMT. Without some examples this whole thread is just a series of abstract comments about nothing and anything except what the OP was originally about."

Can you we class the presenters on GB ‘news’ as journalists?

Widnes

I'm still waiting for someone to give me an example journalists trying to misdirect the public in relation to RMT. Without some examples this whole thread is just a series of abstract comments about nothing and anything except what the OP was originally about.

Can you we class the presenters on GB ‘news’ as journalists? "

A journalist is an individual that collects/gathers information in form of text, audio or pictures, processes them to a news-worthy form and disseminates it to the public.

On that bases, outside of their actual news bulletins, I think most of GBN's output fails on "processes them to a news-worthy form". However, after giving it a fair trial for a few months, I no longer really watch GBN much, so that might have changed.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

So did liz truss

Yes, the vast majority of people have accepted the result of the referendum (myself included) people are struggling to accept just how shit Brexit has become, "

yet it’s had little to no impact on your life

golden fields

So did liz truss

Yes, the vast majority of people have accepted the result of the referendum (myself included) people are struggling to accept just how shit Brexit has become, yet it’s had little to no impact on your life "

You should read about the impact Brexit is having on the country. If I'm not mistaken, you voted for it. So it seems odd that you have so little interest that you don't even want to know what's happening.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

To me the fact that a story is true or not is the important issue. I'm not fussed if it's reported in the guardian or the mail. Quite often see articles dismissed simply because of the source.

"Not sure if people have noticed that journalists seemed to be more interested in creating the narrative then reporting it? I know that journalists don’t get access to government unless they tow the line and push the prescribed political agenda. The RMT strike is a good example of journalists trying to misdirect the public. facts dont sell papers.

Rwanda is, imo, a prime example. The strikes are similar.

Definitely.

The media plays a huge role in influencing people to vote for shit like more Conservative rule, Brexit etc. All things that are actively damaging to the country. "

» Add a new message to this topic