FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > the Steve Bray law

the Steve Bray law

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

(They might as well have called it that.)

Bray has been noisily annoying the government for years. They rammed through anti protest legislation. Some of that kicked in today. Hours after this, the police swarmed Bray, took his speakers + threatened him with arrest.

Yes, Bray is an annoying person. But this feels like a dark day for all of us.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

(Is it worth pointing out our government is talking about breaking the law itself right now when it comes to an international agreement they signed?)

(Is it also worth pointing out the Met could spare a bunch of officers to silence 1 man with some speakers, but for ages they couldn't be bothered to investigate rampant law breaking at the heart of government over Partygate?)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"(They might as well have called it that.)

Bray has been noisily annoying the government for years. They rammed through anti protest legislation. Some of that kicked in today. Hours after this, the police swarmed Bray, took his speakers + threatened him with arrest.

Yes, Bray is an annoying person. But this feels like a dark day for all of us."

I agree, Bray is a bit of a prat but this is just another attempt at the government to ‘cancel ‘ free speech, they are such a bunch of snowflakes

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I remember when his giant mega phone got flattened. I was at an event nearby and saw the fallout.

He was warned that it would happen a couple of weeks ago.

"I remember when his giant mega phone got flattened. I was at an event nearby and saw the fallout.

He was warned that it would happen a couple of weeks ago. "

20 police officer to deal with him today, what a joke

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

im sure his rich backers will bring a law suit so i wouldnt worry too much.

North Bucks

"im sure his rich backers will bring a law suit so i wouldnt worry too much."

I follow him on Twatter. If you go on his fundraiser links he’s raking it in right now. Getting donations every couple of minutes.

near ipswich

"im sure his rich backers will bring a law suit so i wouldnt worry too much.

I follow him on Twatter. If you go on his fundraiser links he’s raking it in right now. Getting donations every couple of minutes. "

good for him does he still live in the same street as jrm?

I follow him on Twatter. If you go on his fundraiser links he’s raking it in right now. Getting donations every couple of minutes. "

Good lad, I will send him a few quid,

"im sure his rich backers will bring a law suit so i wouldnt worry too much."

I hope so, I am happy to help if he sets up a crowdfund

near ipswich

I follow him on Twatter. If you go on his fundraiser links he’s raking it in right now. Getting donations every couple of minutes.

Good lad, I will send him a few quid, "

I dont do twitter so while you are at it can you ask him when he last did a days work and paid tax for me?

Good lad, I will send him a few quid, I dont do twitter so while you are at it can you ask him when he last did a days work and paid tax for me?"

He said it’s none of your business

Good lad, I will send him a few quid, I dont do twitter so while you are at it can you ask him when he last did a days work and paid tax for me?"

And why would he be paying tax for you ?

near ipswich

Good lad, I will send him a few quid, I dont do twitter so while you are at it can you ask him when he last did a days work and paid tax for me?

He said it’s none of your business "

guessed so he is now about as pointless as those standing around telling us the end is nigh,brexits done he and all his backers should move on we are not going back even sks recognizes that.

North Bucks

I follow him on Twatter. If you go on his fundraiser links he’s raking it in right now. Getting donations every couple of minutes. good for him does he still live in the same street as jrm?"

Not sure every time I have seen him he’s been either in the pub or clutching a flattened megaphone.

He’s quite funny to chat to he’s always in Millbank. He shares my views on Brexit

near ipswich

I follow him on Twatter. If you go on his fundraiser links he’s raking it in right now. Getting donations every couple of minutes. good for him does he still live in the same street as jrm?

Not sure every time I have seen him he’s been either in the pub or clutching a flattened megaphone.

He’s quite funny to chat to he’s always in Millbank. He shares my views on Brexit "

whats his view on working and paying tax ever ask him that?

Good lad, I will send him a few quid, I dont do twitter so while you are at it can you ask him when he last did a days work and paid tax for me?

He said it’s none of your business guessed so he is now about as pointless as those standing around telling us the end is nigh,brexits done he and all his backers should move on we are not going back even sks recognizes that. "

He has certainly triggered you , of course we aren’t going to re join the EU, they don’t want us back, you will be long gone if and when we finally find a Brexit benefit though

near ipswich

He said it’s none of your business guessed so he is now about as pointless as those standing around telling us the end is nigh,brexits done he and all his backers should move on we are not going back even sks recognizes that.

He has certainly triggered you , of course we aren’t going to re join the EU, they don’t want us back, you will be long gone if and when we finally find a Brexit benefit though "

you would like to think that as i said he is irrelevant now and he can stand there for the rest of his life as far as im concerned but hope you are going to fund his pension too.

He said it’s none of your business guessed so he is now about as pointless as those standing around telling us the end is nigh,brexits done he and all his backers should move on we are not going back even sks recognizes that.

He has certainly triggered you , of course we aren’t going to re join the EU, they don’t want us back, you will be long gone if and when we finally find a Brexit benefit though you would like to think that as i said he is irrelevant now and he can stand there for the rest of his life as far as im concerned but hope you are going to fund his pension too. "

Your on a forum talking about him

near ipswich

He has certainly triggered you , of course we aren’t going to re join the EU, they don’t want us back, you will be long gone if and when we finally find a Brexit benefit though you would like to think that as i said he is irrelevant now and he can stand there for the rest of his life as far as im concerned but hope you are going to fund his pension too.

Your on a forum talking about him "

Ah i see that means im triggered?

He has certainly triggered you , of course we aren’t going to re join the EU, they don’t want us back, you will be long gone if and when we finally find a Brexit benefit though you would like to think that as i said he is irrelevant now and he can stand there for the rest of his life as far as im concerned but hope you are going to fund his pension too.

Your on a forum talking about him Ah i see that means im triggered? "

No, it means he isn’t as ‘irrelevant ‘ to you as you stated.

near ipswich

Your on a forum talking about him Ah i see that means im triggered?

No, it means he isn’t as ‘irrelevant ‘ to you as you stated. "

Ok so posting saying he is irrelevant means he is relevant? good to see you are making as much sense as you usually do i will leave you to it in case you start thinking what you say is relevant to me.

Your on a forum talking about him Ah i see that means im triggered?

No, it means he isn’t as ‘irrelevant ‘ to you as you stated. Ok so posting saying he is irrelevant means he is relevant? good to see you are making as much sense as you usually do i will leave you to it in case you start thinking what you say is relevant to me. "

Eh?

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"(Is it worth pointing out our government is talking about breaking the law itself right now when it comes to an international agreement they signed?)"

Can you be more specific as to which law they intend to break as it not easy to keep up with it all is it the NIP or maybe the steel tariff one or maybe another that's been sneaked through

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"(Is it worth pointing out our government is talking about breaking the law itself right now when it comes to an international agreement they signed?)"

They are not, the clauses are in the agreement to change things that do not work for one side or the other.

But carry on

"(Is it worth pointing out our government is talking about breaking the law itself right now when it comes to an international agreement they signed?)

They are not, the clauses are in the agreement to change things that do not work for one side or the other.

But carry on "

We will see, this government already tried to break international law with the Rwanda fuck up, they are clueless

Bristol

"(Is it worth pointing out our government is talking about breaking the law itself right now when it comes to an international agreement they signed?)

But carry on

We will see, this government already tried to break international law with the Rwanda fuck up, they are clueless "

Where did they break the law wit the Rwanda plan? The ECHR’s days are numbered and they still do not know who the judge was, I could have been the nighttime cleaner for all we know

But carry on

We will see, this government already tried to break international law with the Rwanda fuck up, they are clueless

Where did they break the law wit the Rwanda plan? The ECHR’s days are numbered and they still do not know who the judge was, I could have been the nighttime cleaner for all we know "

Do you know the meaning of the word ‘tried’ ? The ECHR days are numbered?? Haha, clueless

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

While Steve Bray is marmite for some, and regardless of your views on Brexit, this action is really worrying.

Fascism has arrived!

The Met seized amplifiers/speakers used to protest outside Parliament, within the first 10 hours of a new law banning noisy protests coming into force.

Who will be next?

Will striking workers be targeted?

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

"While Steve Bray is marmite for some, and regardless of your views on Brexit, this action is really worrying.

Fascism has arrived!

The Met seized amplifiers/speakers used to protest outside Parliament, within the first 10 hours of a new law banning noisy protests coming into force.

Who will be next?

Will striking workers be targeted?"

Protesting is allowed, as long as it’s at a time we say, a place we agree on, and at a volume we control.

It’s not really protesting when the government your protesting against makes the rules on how you do it

By *JB1954Man  over a year ago

Reading

My thought was. I remember seeing on tv . MP’s and other commentators being ? Interviewed. This yes during Brexit and also general election . The interviewer had to give up asking a question to a labour MP. Due to her not being able to hear what was being asked. Her wording was along the lines of . Can someone do or shut him up. How can we get our point of view over to the public . While he is making that noise.? So by using loud speaker and amplifier . He was actually drowning out all points of debate . To which the public could not hear. ? Change mind on how to vote ?

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

"My thought was. I remember seeing on tv . MP’s and other commentators being ? Interviewed. This yes during Brexit and also general election . The interviewer had to give up asking a question to a labour MP. Due to her not being able to hear what was being asked. Her wording was along the lines of . Can someone do or shut him up. How can we get our point of view over to the public . While he is making that noise.? So by using loud speaker and amplifier . He was actually drowning out all points of debate . To which the public could not hear. ? Change mind on how to vote ? "

I never understand the need to do interviews outside the BBC have loads of studios & MPs have offices

Bristol

"My thought was. I remember seeing on tv . MP’s and other commentators being ? Interviewed. This yes during Brexit and also general election . The interviewer had to give up asking a question to a labour MP. Due to her not being able to hear what was being asked. Her wording was along the lines of . Can someone do or shut him up. How can we get our point of view over to the public . While he is making that noise.? So by using loud speaker and amplifier . He was actually drowning out all points of debate . To which the public could not hear. ? Change mind on how to vote ?

I never understand the need to do interviews outside the BBC have loads of studios & MPs have offices

"

probably because it's quick to set up an interview and they do many between votes ect.

Trying to set times for interviewss with mps in offices ect takes time and money a quick chat outside involves just rocking up with a camera man and microphone

By *ustintime69Man  over a year ago

Bristol

But carry on

Where did they break the law wit the Rwanda plan? The ECHR’s days are numbered and they still do not know who the judge was, I could have been the nighttime cleaner for all we know "

Do you even understand what the ECHR is and why it exists?

But carry on

Where did they break the law wit the Rwanda plan? The ECHR’s days are numbered and they still do not know who the judge was, I could have been the nighttime cleaner for all we know

Do you even understand what the ECHR is and why it exists?"

Of course he doesn’t, he probably thinks it’s something that is part of the EU

By *itzi999Woman  over a year ago

Slough

"While Steve Bray is marmite for some, and regardless of your views on Brexit, this action is really worrying.

Fascism has arrived!

Who will be next?

Will striking workers be targeted?"

It’s not fascism. It’s preventing noise pollution. If you wanted fascism, see Kuwait and other neighbouring countries where it’s illegal to have ANY protests.

Bristol

But carry on

Do you even understand what the ECHR is and why it exists?"

Yes I do and know how out of date it is

Bristol

But carry on

Of course he doesn’t, he probably thinks it’s something that is part of the EU "

Your very condescending army you!

But carry on

Of course he doesn’t, he probably thinks it’s something that is part of the EU

Your very condescending army you! "

Army? Just a bit of banter, so why do you think the ECHRs ‘days are numbered ‘ ?

Fascism has arrived!

Who will be next?

It’s not fascism. It’s preventing noise pollution. If you wanted fascism, see Kuwait and other neighbouring countries where it’s illegal to have ANY protests. "

Boo hoo , getting triggered by a bit of noise, this government are such a bunch of snowflakes

Fascism has arrived!

Who will be next?

It’s not fascism. It’s preventing noise pollution. If you wanted fascism, see Kuwait and other neighbouring countries where it’s illegal to have ANY protests. "

So that's the aim, stopping noise pollution. So its a environmental policy..?

Feels like this one has backfired a bit on the Tories. they rammed through new legislation, significantly tagetted at 1 man.

The achievement?

They've hugely raised the public profile of that man. And after they seized his speakers, his crowdfunder to buy new stuff really took off due to all the publicity the government + Met have effectively given him.

Oh and if they try to use this new legislation to clamp down even harder on any large public protests, they're likely to only anger more an already angry public...

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"(They might as well have called it that.)

Yes, Bray is an annoying person. But this feels like a dark day for all of us."

Would this law help in respect of those that were blocking major roads causing delays to people trying to go about their day or not related

By *ustintime69Man  over a year ago

Bristol

But carry on

Yes I do and know how out of date it is "

So can you expand upon your point with a bit of history thrown in because I would be very interested to know how coherent your argument might be?

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

But carry on "

That is not the case.

The case of extreme necessity cannot be made by the simple definition of “extreme necessity.”

» Add a new message to this topic