FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > John Bolton

John Bolton

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

John Bolton the former National Security Advisor in a recent interview, let it slip. That he had been involved in planning coups on foreign countries.

Is this confirmation that the USA actively plans coups and regime change. Also exposing their hypocrisy as champions of democracy.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Not something we didn't already know. He's probably confirmed it though.

Just don't tell Putin..

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

The shocking thing is, he knows no one will do anything.

By *rincessvenusCouple  over a year ago

Hull

all inteligance agences do it all around the world including us

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

Well, it's not good but it's hardly news.

I think the country we most need to worry about the USA mounting a coup against, is the USA.

It's sharply divided and its democracy - even though it isn't a representative one (any more than the UK's is) - is under threat.

From within.

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

"John Bolton the former National Security Advisor in a recent interview, let it slip. That he had been involved in planning coups on foreign countries.

Is this confirmation that the USA actively plans coups and regime change. Also exposing their hypocrisy as champions of democracy. "

I'm not shocked nor outraged to be honest. I fully expect the CIA and other government intelligence agencies of other nations to be working clandestinely around the world in other nations to effect regime change. Why is that a shock to some ?

The alternative to not having such agencies is open warfare, because once the talking stops, you'd have no other means of steering their regime in the direction you want. The CIA and other intelligence agencies exist to fill that void.

"John Bolton the former National Security Advisor in a recent interview, let it slip. That he had been involved in planning coups on foreign countries.

Is this confirmation that the USA actively plans coups and regime change. Also exposing their hypocrisy as champions of democracy.

I'm not shocked nor outraged to be honest. I fully expect the CIA and other government intelligence agencies of other nations to be working clandestinely around the world in other nations to effect regime change. Why is that a shock to some ?

The alternative to not having such agencies is open warfare, because once the talking stops, you'd have no other means of steering their regime in the direction you want. The CIA and other intelligence agencies exist to fill that void."

One of the reasons the world is fucked because of this mentality. So you think no country should be allowed to tow a independent line from the USA. Whats thee fucking point then,of going around promoting fake demeocracy. Might as well have the American senate choose the next Conservative leader to become PM.

Though am not shocked or surprised, always knew it happened. Surprised the someone so senior let it slip on TV.

So you are basically justifying illegal wars like Iraq if a country doesn't toe the US policy.

It may stop wars like that one, but increases insurgents around the world as we have seen. This is then exported to the west and is called terrorism.

Colchester

As the saying goes, keep your enemies close and your friends closer still.

It's not a bad mentality by any stretch of the imagination. It's a perfectly sensible one, because the moment you take your eye off the ball, you are vulnerable and exposed. And if you are not careful, compromised.

This is politics.

It's preferable to war, of that no one would disagree, but it is a necessity.

We forge alliances, we share values, we support and strengthen our friends.

But the moment we drop the ball on what our enemies are doing is the moment we regret our malfeasance and render ourselves vulnerable.

Of course we should intervene in countries that have appalling human rights records, that torture their own people because of their ethnicity, sexual preferences, or other discriminatory issues.

As for illegal wars ? I don't condone such action. There is a UN to oversee those kind of decisions and justifications.

Take a look at what Amnesty Watch have to say about Iraq. It's pretty awful.

On the basis of what they report alone, that is enough for justify regime change. You don't need to find any other reasons. Should have not bothered with WMD's. Could've gone to to AW, and said "Yeah, you folks are pretty shit because of this, this and this. Sort it out, or we will sort it out for you."

Or we can ignore other countries, let them get on with it, and stand aside whilst they oppress and murder their own people. Cross the road, jog on, not our problem. Some folks don't hold with that belief.

As a general rule, insurgents, and by virtue terrorists, are disaffected people who have been manipulated by their own oppressive governments and dog-whistled to look anywhere else but their own regime and find an enemy to pour their vitriol on. Straight out of the

Machiavellian playbook (and actually a very good technique as it happens). If I was that way inclined and wanted to hold on to power in my country's oppressive regime, it's what I would do. And it's exactly what Dictator's are doing all around the world.

The real question is, what are we going to do about it ?

Well hello CIA.

They are not perfect, and I'd much prefer if there was a non-political "Global Force" that could affect regime change worldwide. Perhaps there is, at a higher level, and the CIA and the like are one of their puppets. But I'd prefer if its activities were open and transparent.

Going off tangent, imagine a group of Marvel Superheroes arrived tomorrow. Their remit ? Fight oppression and tyranny. 1st stop. North Korea. Go in, remove the current regime, install a fair and equitable regime. I know it's not an overnight change, but that's what is needed.

"One of the reasons the world is fucked because of this mentality. So you think no country should be allowed to tow a independent line from the USA. Whats thee fucking point then,of going around promoting fake demeocracy. Might as well have the American senate choose the next Conservative leader to become PM.

Though am not shocked or surprised, always knew it happened. Surprised the someone so senior let it slip on TV.

So you are basically justifying illegal wars like Iraq if a country doesn't toe the US policy.

It may stop wars like that one, but increases insurgents around the world as we have seen. This is then exported to the west and is called terrorism. "

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

For decades the U.S. has been the greatest threat to world peace and the biggest sponsors of terrorism, all with the objective of upholding the "Washington concensus" and crushing anyone with a differing model of development.

Only Anerican soft power (propaganda, Hollywood, media) kept this hidden in plain sight.

The world has changed and any government outside the "rules based international order" (roughly 80% of the planet) sees the U.S.A. for what it really is. A predatory, oligarchical state who has no friends, only vassals. It doesn't negotiate or compromise, only dictates; possessing a messianic belief in exceptionalism.

"As the saying goes, keep your enemies close and your friends closer still.

It's not a bad mentality by any stretch of the imagination. It's a perfectly sensible one, because the moment you take your eye off the ball, you are vulnerable and exposed. And if you are not careful, compromised.

This is politics.

It's preferable to war, of that no one would disagree, but it is a necessity.

We forge alliances, we share values, we support and strengthen our friends.

But the moment we drop the ball on what our enemies are doing is the moment we regret our malfeasance and render ourselves vulnerable.

Of course we should intervene in countries that have appalling human rights records, that torture their own people because of their ethnicity, sexual preferences, or other discriminatory issues.

As for illegal wars ? I don't condone such action. There is a UN to oversee those kind of decisions and justifications.

Take a look at what Amnesty Watch have to say about Iraq. It's pretty awful.

On the basis of what they report alone, that is enough for justify regime change. You don't need to find any other reasons. Should have not bothered with WMD's. Could've gone to to AW, and said "Yeah, you folks are pretty shit because of this, this and this. Sort it out, or we will sort it out for you."

Or we can ignore other countries, let them get on with it, and stand aside whilst they oppress and murder their own people. Cross the road, jog on, not our problem. Some folks don't hold with that belief.

As a general rule, insurgents, and by virtue terrorists, are disaffected people who have been manipulated by their own oppressive governments and dog-whistled to look anywhere else but their own regime and find an enemy to pour their vitriol on. Straight out of the

Machiavellian playbook (and actually a very good technique as it happens). If I was that way inclined and wanted to hold on to power in my country's oppressive regime, it's what I would do. And it's exactly what Dictator's are doing all around the world.

The real question is, what are we going to do about it ?

Well hello CIA.

They are not perfect, and I'd much prefer if there was a non-political "Global Force" that could affect regime change worldwide. Perhaps there is, at a higher level, and the CIA and the like are one of their puppets. But I'd prefer if its activities were open and transparent.

Going off tangent, imagine a group of Marvel Superheroes arrived tomorrow. Their remit ? Fight oppression and tyranny. 1st stop. North Korea. Go in, remove the current regime, install a fair and equitable regime. I know it's not an overnight change, but that's what is needed.

One of the reasons the world is fucked because of this mentality. So you think no country should be allowed to tow a independent line from the USA. Whats thee fucking point then,of going around promoting fake demeocracy. Might as well have the American senate choose the next Conservative leader to become PM.

It may stop wars like that one, but increases insurgents around the world as we have seen. This is then exported to the west and is called terrorism. "

Total bullshit that paints the US has moral custodians of all good and just and the rest of the world has all incapable of self governance without US authority.

The fact is a lot of these horrible regimes came to power and hold onto power because of US blessing. Its only when the dog bites its masters hand like Saddam did, do we suddenly get told they are horrible people doing this and that to their innocent people. Until then, they are important allies who need our support, just like the house of Saud and other similar regimes that are in power.

A lot of the people of these countries want democracy like we have but can't have it. The fact is small countries are and have always been pawns in geo politics of the bigger powers even before Roman times. These coups by underground spies have always happened.

Like I said the only surprise to me is, John Bolton admitting it publicly, and people like yourself who continue to believe we do it out of the kindness of our heart for the greater good of that countries people or ours. When it is in fact to benefit a few powerful individuals and companies. But then reading your last bit about super heroes am not surprised you believe the noble lines our governments feed us.

Colchester

The US are moral custodians and the rest of the world incapable of self-governance ? Hardly.

There are numerous other nations that self-govern and share common values. These are allied countries.

However, we should not let our guard down and we do need to monitor our allies. That is just good spycraft.

As much as I don't expect New Zealand to become a hostile nation any time soon, I'd want eyes and ears inside their borders checking things are all running ok. After all, who's to say the next government doesn't become hostile ? Or they are infiltrated with spies from an enemy government to mine who are seeking to undermine them, and therefore me by extension ?

The world is not quite as binary as you seem to imply (US bad, imperial hegemony, blah blah blah).Everyone is fighting for their little bit of turf. Because they have to. Because there is no other alternative. We are all just as bad as each other. Except some nations are an awful lot worse.

One of the questions MI6 will ask you if you are called to an interview for a role in the service is, "Where do you draw the line ? Women, children, innocents ?"

The correct answer is "I don't."

Because as sure as eggs are eggs, hostile actors don't and we have to sink to their level to try and keep up.

So quite where you get the idea that I think the US or the UK are moral custodians is beyond me. All nations are in a constant battle with one another for survival. Not all are going to survive. The question is, will you ?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

John Bolton is a bloodthirsty psychopath who has gloated over the death of innocent children and who actively wants to plunge the world into war, death and murder.

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"Putin is a bloodthirsty psychopath who has gloated over the death of innocent children and who actively wants to plunge the world into war, death and murder."

You're spot on there.

Winston

» Add a new message to this topic