FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > So... is Trump gonna run again?

So... is Trump gonna run again?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

At this point, I think he will.

He's seen that there was no negative consequence to him from his attempted coup + the big lie. Largely, it seems, because the authorities are scared of indicting him + pissing of his deluded followers.

He also knows if he runs he can spin any attacks on him as politically motivated or fake news.

And he knows he can grift for a shitload of money from his deluded followers.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heNerdyFembyWoman  over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

"At this point, I think he will.

He's seen that there was no negative consequence to him from his attempted coup + the big lie. Largely, it seems, because the authorities are scared of indicting him + pissing of his deluded followers.

He also knows if he runs he can spin any attacks on him as politically motivated or fake news.

And he knows he can grift for a shitload of money from his deluded followers."

His primary reason to run again I think is he thinks that will prevent legal proceedings against him.

Saying that if he does run, that opens him up to losing again and I am not entirely convinced he is delusional enough to think that isn't a possibility and his narcissism wouldn't allow him to lose...

But what do i know?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

And he knows he can grift for a shitload of money from his deluded followers."

I hope he does, he will destroy the Republican Party

Eastbourne (she/they)

I hope he does, he will destroy the Republican Party "

Honestly I think DeSantis will challenge him regardless and could well get the nomination... He is MUCH scarier

Honestly I think DeSantis will challenge him regardless and could well get the nomination... He is MUCH scarier"

I don't know much about him beyond his name. What makes him so bad?

Eastbourne (she/they)

Honestly I think DeSantis will challenge him regardless and could well get the nomination... He is MUCH scarier

I don't know much about him beyond his name. What makes him so bad?"

An argument could be made that he is even more right wing, even more evangelical, even more anti-progress.

His narcissism is not crippling and he had a MUCH better education to draw on that Trump.

95% of the anti-progressive laws we hear out of the states are either his work or Greg Abbots

An argument could be made that he is even more right wing, even more evangelical, even more anti-progress.

His narcissism is not crippling and he had a MUCH better education to draw on that Trump.

95% of the anti-progressive laws we hear out of the states are either his work or Greg Abbots"

Sounds worrying.

The thing with Trump - much like Johnson - is he doesn't actually have any ideology beyond doing whatever he thinks is best for himself. So, yes, a guy who actually + actively pushes a nasty ideology could be worse in some ways.

By *ustintime69Man  over a year ago

Bristol

95% of the anti-progressive laws we hear out of the states are either his work or Greg Abbots

Sounds worrying.

The thing with Trump - much like Johnson - is he doesn't actually have any ideology beyond doing whatever he thinks is best for himself. So, yes, a guy who actually + actively pushes a nasty ideology could be worse in some ways."

Just like Steve Baker over here then!

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I won’t be surprised if he makes a run for the White House, these several years have taught me that anything is possible.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Perfect storm coming.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

The only reason he is still in a position to run today is that Fox News did him a solid last night by not showing the prime time hearings … whereas every other single news network and the 3 main networks did

Eastbourne (she/they)

there is a part of me that kinda wants the following to happen.

Biden administration reaches out to Trump and offers him a Pardon on the Federal level for everything he has done up until today. This pardon is conditional on him never running for or endorsing another political race.

This has some benefits:

1. it stops Trump running in 2024

2. It lets Biden off the hook from running in 2024 as he will be unelectable from most democrats.

3. It allows the whole Trump conversation to END

4. Trump will still be on the hook for state level investigations.

Without Trump in the conversation the US can return to talking about things like Policy

Newcastle and Gateshead

"there is a part of me that kinda wants the following to happen.

Biden administration reaches out to Trump and offers him a Pardon on the Federal level for everything he has done up until today. This pardon is conditional on him never running for or endorsing another political race.

This has some benefits:

2. It lets Biden off the hook from running in 2024 as he will be unelectable from most democrats.

Without Trump in the conversation the US can return to talking about things like Policy"

Already had their chance to do this.. as part of someone being found guilty in impeachment, part of that punishment is they can never hold any federal office!!!

Eastbourne (she/they)

"there is a part of me that kinda wants the following to happen.

This has some benefits:

Without Trump in the conversation the US can return to talking about things like Policy

Already had their chance to do this.. as part of someone being found guilty in impeachment, part of that punishment is they can never hold any federal office!!! "

True but a Pardon deal wouldn't involve convincing his cultists in the senate to agree to the deal. It would be between the WH and Trump himself, no-one else.

I am not convinced it is the way forward but its something I am mulling over.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"I won’t be surprised if he makes a run for the White House, these several years have taught me that anything is possible."

Apart from the extreme far right, and other assorted confused nut jobs. Would he get any votes anymore?

Eastbourne (she/they)

"I won’t be surprised if he makes a run for the White House, these several years have taught me that anything is possible.

Apart from the extreme far right, and other assorted confused nut jobs. Would he get any votes anymore?"

Well he hasn't won the popular vote yet, that didn't stop him though

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

I do hope Mr trump runs for potus the guaranteed lather people will get into will be comedic gold.

golden fields

"I do hope Mr trump runs for potus the guaranteed lather people will get into will be comedic gold. "

It'll be funny if he runs. But it's not worth the laughs if he wins, fucks over normal US people and tries to crack on heating the planet as fast as possible.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Had a tip that Michelle Obama is a possible for 2024. She has some heavy financial backers.

Bannon's been found guilty on two charges of contempt of Congress. As far as I know, this means he'll get jail time.

This could get interesting if he turns on Trump to try for some sort of leniency...

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Bannon's been found guilty on two charges of contempt of Congress. As far as I know, this means he'll get jail time.

This could get interesting if he turns on Trump to try for some sort of leniency..."

Anyway between 30 days and 1 year on each charge…. The fact that the jury only took two hours to come back shows it was an open and shut case!

They may make an example of him because what he did was so blatant and thought he was above the law! And to deter anyone else from trying that stunt!

"Bannon's been found guilty on two charges of contempt of Congress. As far as I know, this means he'll get jail time.

This could get interesting if he turns on Trump to try for some sort of leniency...

Anyway between 30 days and 1 year on each charge…. The fact that the jury only took two hours to come back shows it was an open and shut case!

They may make an example of him because what he did was so blatant and thought he was above the law! And to deter anyone else from trying that stunt! "

If only they'd make an example of Trump...

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

20 years behinds bars is a better option. They just need to get on with it.

golden fields

"20 years behinds bars is a better option. They just need to get on with it."

As much as that would feel good, I don't know if that would solve the problems in the US. They're so divided and their political compass has been pulled so far to the right, I don't know what would fix their country.

Trump is just the tip of the iceberg.

By *ryan...Man  over a year ago

1950's Original

"Had a tip that Michelle Obama is a possible for 2024. She has some heavy financial backers. "

I've been saying she should run for years ..well liked...

Unfortunately and amazingly Trump is the bookies favourite to win

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

"Had a tip that Michelle Obama is a possible for 2024. She has some heavy financial backers.

Unfortunately and amazingly Trump is the bookies favourite to win"

surely all the democrats need to do is keep showing pics of the capitol riot & ask is this what you want to vote for?

By *ryan...Man  over a year ago

1950's Original

"Had a tip that Michelle Obama is a possible for 2024. She has some heavy financial backers.

Unfortunately and amazingly Trump is the bookies favourite to win

surely all the democrats need to do is keep showing pics of the capitol riot & ask is this what you want to vote for? "

Don't call me Shirley

By *rDiscretionXXXMan  over a year ago

Gilfach

"surely all the democrats need to do is keep showing pics of the capitol riot & ask is this what you want to vote for? "

I don't think you understand. The Capitol riots are exactly what a lot of Trump supporters want to see. Showing the footage again will just remind them that their guy got cheated out of an election, and will make them more determined to see that the cheaters don't steal it a second time.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Who cares whether he does or doesn't, it's only the "orange man bad" brigade who seem remotely interested in him.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Who cares whether he does or doesn't, it's only the "orange man bad" brigade who seem remotely interested in him."

He polling to win

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

"surely all the democrats need to do is keep showing pics of the capitol riot & ask is this what you want to vote for?

I don't think you understand. The Capitol riots are exactly what a lot of Trump supporters want to see. Showing the footage again will just remind them that their guy got cheated out of an election, and will make them more determined to see that the cheaters don't steal it a second time."

the nutty trump supporters will always vote for trump , its the people in the middle that you need to win an election

golden fields

"Who cares whether he does or doesn't, it's only the "orange man bad" brigade who seem remotely interested in him.

He polling to win "

Utterly terrifying

» Add a new message to this topic