FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Last 12 years - what did you do?

Last 12 years - what did you do?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rFunBoy OP   Man  over a year ago

Longridge

So, since 2010, Luz Truss became an MP and quietly took the money and privileges.

Then suddenly, like a crazed dog, she turns on the economic policy of every Chancellor ever.

She's now set herself a very high bar. We need change, she says.

It's not 'change' I need, it's pound notes in my pocket.

Thick people: https://youtu.be/kGex0kLgNok

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

In 2010 I lost my job coming out of the recession so I got another one - it was shit, my income more than halved overnight but it kept a roof over my head and put food on the table.

After a few months I got a better one, then got promoted a few years later. I developed my skills and experience which enabled me to apply for a better job still. I found lockdown hard but didn’t miss a day’s work and continued to deliver while some of those around me milked ready made excuses to avoid work. Most recently I’ve just secured what I consider to be my ideal role.

I have a better house, car and lifestyle than I possibly could have imagined 12 years ago. Some of my friends earn more than I do, some less. I don’t judge people by the amount of pound notes in their pocket. Neither do I begrudge them the opportunities they have sought out and cultivated.

I now have a better work life balance, I’m earning more and have more disposable income than ever before and am well on track to retire in the next decade.

I’m not altogether sure what your point is, or if you’re just trying to be clever? Perhaps you’re inferring that I should have just sat at home and blamed the government for my woes and licked my wounds for the last 12 years?

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"In 2010 I lost my job coming out of the recession so I got another one - it was shit, my income more than halved overnight but it kept a roof over my head and put food on the table.

After a few months I got a better one, then got promoted a few years later. I developed my skills and experience which enabled me to apply for a better job still. I found lockdown hard but didn’t miss a day’s work and continued to deliver while some of those around me milked ready made excuses to avoid work. Most recently I’ve just secured what I consider to be my ideal role.

I have a better house, car and lifestyle than I possibly could have imagined 12 years ago. Some of my friends earn more than I do, some less. I don’t judge people by the amount of pound notes in their pocket. Neither do I begrudge them the opportunities they have sought out and cultivated.

I now have a better work life balance, I’m earning more and have more disposable income than ever before and am well on track to retire in the next decade.

I’m not altogether sure what your point is, or if you’re just trying to be clever? Perhaps you’re inferring that I should have just sat at home and blamed the government for my woes and licked my wounds for the last 12 years? "

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"In 2010 I lost my job coming out of the recession so I got another one - it was shit, my income more than halved overnight but it kept a roof over my head and put food on the table.

I’m not altogether sure what your point is, or if you’re just trying to be clever? Perhaps you’re inferring that I should have just sat at home and blamed the government for my woes and licked my wounds for the last 12 years? "

Liz Truss is the one blaming previous governments

By *heNerdyFembyWoman  over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

I’m not altogether sure what your point is, or if you’re just trying to be clever? Perhaps you’re inferring that I should have just sat at home and blamed the government for my woes and licked my wounds for the last 12 years?

Liz Truss is the one blaming previous governments "

Not just Truss, Sunak was doing the same thing.

The strange thing is it is working, somehow they are managing to convince Tory voters that labour are responsible for them being shit for the past decade.

Liz Truss is the one blaming previous governments

Not just Truss, Sunak was doing the same thing.

The strange thing is it is working, somehow they are managing to convince Tory voters that labour are responsible for them being shit for the past decade."

But could Tory voters really be so gullible?

Never mind...

By *ohnandJulieCouple  over a year ago

Well done chap!!

Longridge

That while over the last 12 years, she has sat in silence while people have gone through the shit - yet did absolutely nothing, said absolutely nothing.

Now, when it suits, she suddenly finds her voice.

A complete hypocrite..

That is my point..

"That while over the last 12 years, she has sat in silence while people have gone through the shit - yet did absolutely nothing, said absolutely nothing.

A complete hypocrite..

That is my point.."

I agree, but this is the Tory way,

"That while over the last 12 years, she has sat in silence while people have gone through the shit - yet did absolutely nothing, said absolutely nothing.

A complete hypocrite..

That is my point..

I agree, but this is the Tory way, "

Why am I now picturing the Tory Mandalorian? Where he's in bright blue armour. And in episode 1, he nicks all the money from an orphanage in a desert. As he speeds off into the distance, he shouts: This is the Tory way!

A complete hypocrite..

That is my point..

Why am I now picturing the Tory Mandalorian? Where he's in bright blue armour. And in episode 1, he nicks all the money from an orphanage in a desert. As he speeds off into the distance, he shouts: This is the Tory way!"

A complete hypocrite..

That is my point..

Why am I now picturing the Tory Mandalorian? Where he's in bright blue armour. And in episode 1, he nicks all the money from an orphanage in a desert. As he speeds off into the distance, he shouts: This is the Tory way!

"

Then Priti Patel turns up dressed as a tiny storm trooper. She deports him to planet Rwandaah.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

She's dropping some clangers in her desperate attempt to be PM, being part of the government for eight years and now slagging off their economic performance isn't the brightest move..

Imagine in two years as PM she will be saying elect us, we've been in power since 2010 but shit till 2022 ..

A complete hypocrite..

That is my point..

Then Priti Patel turns up dressed as a tiny storm trooper. She deports him to planet Rwandaah."

Ha, what has happened to the Rwanda plan? All gone very quiet

A complete hypocrite..

That is my point..

Then Priti Patel turns up dressed as a tiny storm trooper. She deports him to planet Rwandaah.

Ha, what has happened to the Rwanda plan? All gone very quiet "

Maybe they put Chris Grayling in charge of publicising it?

Longridge

She ain't seriously going to be our next PM?

OMFG!

Boris - all is forgiven.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"She ain't seriously going to be our next PM?

OMFG!

Boris - all is forgiven."

No it fucking isn't! She's as unfit to be PM as he was - but I doubt very much if her version of his arrogance, ignorance and indecisiveness is going to lead to tens of thousands of UK citizens dying, who need not have.

There's a special corner in hell for that useless, lying cunt and I'll be able to see him in the distance when I'm down there with him.

Longridge

"She ain't seriously going to be our next PM?

OMFG!

Boris - all is forgiven.

No it fucking isn't! She's as unfit to be PM as he was - but I doubt very much if her version of his arrogance, ignorance and indecisiveness is going to lead to tens of thousands of UK citizens dying, who need not have.

There's a special corner in hell for that useless, lying cunt and I'll be able to see him in the distance when I'm down there with him."

It was sarcasm.. but your 100%.

What happens when the terrior makes a misstep with Lavrov or Putin? WW3

Unfortunately, they'll may die instead of cold weather or bullets..

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

It's quite credible that while no-Trust and Snake are diverting attention with their mutual shit-flinging, Johnson is getting his benefactors to devise a way for him to stay in No 10 for the next two years - and possibly for good.

In fact I'd put money on him trying it, by whatever foul means suits him.

» Add a new message to this topic