Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 30/07/22 16:01:39]

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

[Removed by poster at 30/07/22 16:18:14]

This was originally about the withdrawal from Afghanistan seeing as news popped up recently with my government expressing some “regrets” over the evacuation.

Basically Afghanistan was abandoned by my government who assumed an authoritarian Islamist regime would immediately take over and that this was its destiny somehow.

However news in two other countries recently show that things do not always play out this way

In Libya the French attacked the Gaddafi regime in support of a rebellion and called in the USA and my government.My government left with the USA after Gaddafi was killed assuming that the rebel government would be overthrown and replaced with a military dictatorship that had arisen in parts of the country.This military dictatorship was supported by France and Russia and have failed to take the country and this civil war has ground to a stalemate.Today the USA ruled it had committed war crimes in one of its offensives

In Iraq my government and the USA invaded to overthrow the murderous tyrant Saddam and install a USA friendly government but troubles mounted and we withdrew assuming the country would quickly fall under Iranian domination.Today protestors against Iranian influence stormed the government buildings.Much is left up in the air but clearly this is not the outcome we thought would be happening.

Are we too quick perhaps to assume a natural destiny for a country and its citizens

believing it cannot be altered?

Do we misjudge the effects of our actions upon a countries future and that if its people?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

How long have you got..?

"How long have you got..?"

How long do you need?

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

"How long have you got..?

How long do you need?"

Drop the dollar or threaten to drop the green back you get killed. saddam, gaddafi, assad escaped by the skin of his teeth by inviting Russia into the country to implement a campaign against western backed moderate head choppers. plus they stopped the theft of oil in convoys of trucks heading to turkey.

» Add a new message to this topic