FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Problems in the UK

Problems in the UK

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *asyuk OP   Man  over a year ago

West London

Are there any problems in the UK that are not the fault of the EU or immigrants (either legal or illegal)?

If so, what are they?

Is there anything that can be resolved without reference to one of those three things? Anything the UK is able to identify and fix on its own?

If so, what are they?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I would argue that quite a few of the UK's problems relate to those three things though and cannot be solved without talking about them.

I could list a few that I think exist but they relate to my own political views so may not be subjectively for others.

Depends on how you define a problem and what you mean by fix I suppose

"Are there any problems in the UK that are not the fault of the EU or immigrants (either legal or illegal)?

If so, what are they?

Is there anything that can be resolved without reference to one of those three things? Anything the UK is able to identify and fix on its own?

If so, what are they?"

The UK is ‘on its arse’ nothing to do with immigrants but 12 years of Tory governments has destroyed the economy, unless we vote these fuckwits out at the next election we are fucked

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

Dissolution is the big give away but people want more of the stuff and vote em back in in it.

"Dissolution is the big give away but people want more of the stuff and vote em back in in it. "

Eh??

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Are there any problems in the UK that are not the fault of the EU or immigrants (either legal or illegal)?

If so, what are they?

If so, what are they?

The UK is ‘on its arse’ nothing to do with immigrants but 12 years of Tory governments has destroyed the economy, unless we vote these fuckwits out at the next election we are fucked "

Nothing to do with the war in Ukraine then? Or the prices of world energy going through the roof driving all other prices higher ?

Fuxkwits on the streets shooting and stabbing each other? And other innocent people.

It does seem the more diverse the uk becomes the higher the rates of attacks

dudley

"Dissolution is the big give away but people want more of the stuff and vote em back in in it.

Eh??"

Dissolution is when parliament is dissolved no mps no business and no party in office. Nothing zilch and you are free from the tyranny unless you want more of the stuff.

dudley

If so, what are they?

If so, what are they?

The UK is ‘on its arse’ nothing to do with immigrants but 12 years of Tory governments has destroyed the economy, unless we vote these fuckwits out at the next election we are fucked

Nothing to do with the war in Ukraine then? Or the prices of world energy going through the roof driving all other prices higher ?

Fuxkwits on the streets shooting and stabbing each other? And other innocent people.

"

Tolerance for the intolerant

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

If so, what are they?

If so, what are they?"

Not sure what you mean by ‘fix on its own’?

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

If so, what are they?

If so, what are they?"

When a question is this loaded in specifics, I start to doubt the integrity of the person asking the question or the value in the question. I realise I might be doing you an injustice, so I will ask you if you have a view on this yourself, that you could share?

If so, what are they?

If so, what are they?

"

Whats your fix then?

Terra Firma

If so, what are they?

If so, what are they?

Whats your fix then?"

You wasn't prepared to share your "fix" so why ask others to do what you wont? I have provided your comments below for reference.

You said:

"I could list a few that I think exist but they relate to my own political views so may not be subjectively for others.

Depends on how you define a problem and what you mean by fix I suppose"

If so, what are they?

If so, what are they?

Whats your fix then?

You wasn't prepared to share your "fix" so why ask others to do what you wont? I have provided your comments below for reference.

You said:

"I could list a few that I think exist but they relate to my own political views so may not be subjectively for others.

"

Because I didn’t list what I believed to be problems,They did and out of simple curiosity I asked what they’re preferred solution was so I could get a differing view from my own.

What would be your solution for the problems they mentioned?

Terra Firma

If so, what are they?

If so, what are they?

Whats your fix then?

You said:

Because I didn’t list what I believed to be problems,They did and out of simple curiosity I asked what they’re preferred solution was so I could get a differing view from my own.

What would be your solution for the problems they mentioned?"

List away and we can compare and contrast the differences in observations and solutions. Put some skin in the game...

If so, what are they?

If so, what are they?

Whats your fix then?

You said:

List away and we can compare and contrast the differences in observations and solutions. Put some skin in the game..."

Very well,We have to stop being so cowardly about the war in Ukraine find the money,find the weapons they need and more,Bring as many over for training as we can Immediate sanctions against all Russian Allies.

As for energy an immediate push for nuclear power to tide us over while our renewables get up.

Terra Firma

If so, what are they?

If so, what are they?

Whats your fix then?

You said:

List away and we can compare and contrast the differences in observations and solutions. Put some skin in the game...

Very well,We have to stop being so cowardly about the war in Ukraine find the money,find the weapons they need and more,Bring as many over for training as we can Immediate sanctions against all Russian Allies.

As for energy an immediate push for nuclear power to tide us over while our renewables get up."

The war in Ukraine and our strategy, is well outside of my pay grade, I will listen and learn...

however, I agree that we should be pushing our nuclear power plant program to remove reliance on our energy provided by external suppliers who can control our basic needs through cost.

We do seem to be slow in the uptake and I hear or read it is too much of a long term investment to make a difference, start now and that lead time start to fall is my feeling. I also agree that with nuclear we become more self sufficient, allowing us to to concentrate on renewable energy to replace our nuclear capabilities over a more stable longterm plan.

I also have no qualification in energy, but my thoughts seem to make sense to me, happy to be schooled by anyone who can clarify the rights on wrongs of my assumptions.

If so, what are they?

If so, what are they?

Whats your fix then?

You said:

As for energy an immediate push for nuclear power to tide us over while our renewables get up."

Why don't we just declare war on Russia?

The American policy of industrial warfare brings in a lot for them.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

If so, what are they?

If so, what are they?"

Not read thread but clearly @EasyUK this is a rhetorical question because the answer is pretty much everything could be resolved and nothing is caused by the EU or immigrants.

Now the EU and immigrants may exacerbate certain problems, but they are not the cause. The former has been caused by Brexit and the latter by the foreign policies of UK and other first world governments.

But as I say, YOU know that and posed the question to drive a debate. Will go back and read the thread now (wonder if I will be surprised by the responses).

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

The hateful class system that has only gotten worse over the decades. Kids are being fed lies that they can be who they want to be but it still falls on who you know or who your family are.

Newcastle under Lyme

Another one is the constant focus on London as of it is the UK. 7/8 People in the UK don't live in London.

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

If so, what are they?

If so, what are they?

Not read thread but clearly @EasyUK this is a rhetorical question because the answer is pretty much everything could be resolved and nothing is caused by the EU or immigrants.

Now the EU and immigrants may exacerbate certain problems, but they are not the cause. The former has been caused by Brexit and the latter by the foreign policies of UK and other first world governments.

But as I say, YOU know that and posed the question to drive a debate. Will go back and read the thread now (wonder if I will be surprised by the responses)."

Theres plenty of problems in the uk,want people in the uk dont want are more problems comming over in dinghys illegally,charity starts at home.Now france doent want them,germany doesnt or holland and italy,greece for thst matter,and neither does the uk,if they can say no so can we

By *ustintime69Man  over a year ago

Bristol

If so, what are they?

If so, what are they?

"

It’s always easy to point the finger at diversity. What’s your background?

If so, what are they?

If so, what are they?

Whats your fix then?

You said:

As for energy an immediate push for nuclear power to tide us over while our renewables get up.

Why don't we just declare war on Russia?

The American policy of industrial warfare brings in a lot for them.

"

Declaring war is a complicated endeavour and would have a lot of political disadvantage(and complications) and practicality would be a problem as we would have a hard time bringing in allies and most other countries aid to Ukraine would likely dry up.

The power of the US Military allows them to maintain their power status more easily yes and arms treaties do bring in a lot of money for them.I wouldn't say it brings in a lot for them not nearly as much as people think.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

If so, what are they?

If so, what are they?"

1) Education is clearly a problem when the next Prime Minister doesn’t understand the difference between hard work and productivity.

2) The privatisation experiment has failed ordinary people because in times of turmoil (like now), others privatised companies protect themselves and their shareholders and make ordinary people carry the burden of cost.

3) As people we need to stop being politically tribal and start valuing competence over personality and misguided loyalty. This could start with an acceptance that if a Government is not there to represent and protect the overwhelming majority of its own ordinary citizens, what is the point of Government?

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

"Theres plenty of problems in the uk,want people in the uk dont want are more problems comming over in dinghys illegally,charity starts at home.Now france doent want them,germany doesnt or holland and italy,greece for thst matter,and neither does the uk,if they can say no so can we"

All those countries you list take in massively more refugees than we do, and don't have half the self-inflicted problems that we do.

I don't claim to know anything about your life but I can guarantee it won't be made worse by another 25 desperate people risking life and limb in one of the world's busiest shipping lanes. It would definitely be improved by a few unaccountable billionaires paying a few extra quid in tax though.

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Theres plenty of problems in the uk,want people in the uk dont want are more problems comming over in dinghys illegally,charity starts at home.Now france doent want them,germany doesnt or holland and italy,greece for thst matter,and neither does the uk,if they can say no so can we"
are these countries saying no, or are the asylum seekers not asking to take refuge there?

I thought many of these countries take more per capita than us by quite a way.

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

"Theres plenty of problems in the uk,want people in the uk dont want are more problems comming over in dinghys illegally,charity starts at home.Now france doent want them,germany doesnt or holland and italy,greece for thst matter,and neither does the uk,if they can say no so can we are these countries saying no, or are the asylum seekers not asking to take refuge there?

"

The uk is a small overcrowded area , France is 3 times the size & has a similar sized population

Its not a small amount of people crossing the channel is it,they are comming from Afghanistan, Ukraine as well as france,these people are crossing half the surface of the globe to get here,why would they want to do that do you think,and i for one doesnt want to pay for it.Education yes teach them how to stay in their own country and build and change there,i dont want my country changing for them to come here for handouts and jumping the queue,what about our citizens

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

It’s simply pathetic to read a thread that specifically asks about non-immigrant problems and almost all of the posts are about refugees/asylum seekers. Must be 80% or more triggered beyond comprehension.

How hard can it be to work out that it isn’t brown people arriving in dinghy’s that are causing problems in society. It is the multi-millionaires and billionaires who control much of the Press in this country and want you to be focused on something they know will trigger you instead of looking at the real problems.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Theres plenty of problems in the uk,want people in the uk dont want are more problems comming over in dinghys illegally,charity starts at home.Now france doent want them,germany doesnt or holland and italy,greece for thst matter,and neither does the uk,if they can say no so can we are these countries saying no, or are the asylum seekers not asking to take refuge there?

The uk is a small overcrowded area , France is 3 times the size & has a similar sized population "

France takes c 3x us. So the space per refugee is the same.

Not quite a fair measure but interesting I think.

Of course over crowdeded is relative. We clearly have space. It's how we want to use it (and that includes building upwards)

People arriving in dinghies,are not all brown people,apparently a high percentage are albanians now and they will be the faces the average uk citizen will have contact with.Inner cities espacially will be the favoured places to set up organised crime drug trafficking and prostitution by these gangs.Have we got to still pretend these criminals are refugees,it will be uncontrollable crime on our streets which will lead to everybody else thinking the same and lock up your daughters.The majority of uk population want this stopped and its the billionaires and politicians dont give a ....

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"People arriving in dinghies,are not all brown people,apparently a high percentage are albanians now and they will be the faces the average uk citizen will have contact with.Inner cities espacially will be the favoured places to set up organised crime drug trafficking and prostitution by these gangs.Have we got to still pretend these criminals are refugees,it will be uncontrollable crime on our streets which will lead to everybody else thinking the same and lock up your daughters.The majority of uk population want this stopped and its the billionaires and politicians dont give a ...."
50pc of Albanians arent granted refugee status. I'm curious why you think the other half aren't refugees either.

We also seem to be taking action here as well including possibly fast tracking Albanianbcases so we can remove them quicker and getting in the Alabanian police.

It's a as tho we can deal with those taking the piss while also seeking to care for those with a genuine need.

Albanians are coming over now to the uk,aswell as the usual young fit men cant be arsed to stay in there country etc,i might be wrong but is Albania part of the EU,if so why are they comming all the way over here when they have free movement over borders within the EU if they dont want to stay in own country.I know why and most other people know why but were getting to the point where we cant talk the truth anymore,you cant even talk to them or film them,its all becoming very worrying

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

",i might be wrong "

You are.

Looks like accenaion negotiations have started.

https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/press/press-releases/2022/07/19/intergovernmental-conference-at-ministerial-level-on-the-accession-of-albania/

"Albanians are coming over now to the uk,aswell as the usual young fit men cant be arsed to stay in there country etc,i might be wrong but is Albania part of the EU,if so why are they comming all the way over here when they have free movement over borders within the EU if they dont want to stay in own country.I know why and most other people know why but were getting to the point where we cant talk the truth anymore,you cant even talk to them or film them,its all becoming very worrying"

Do you mean ethnic Albanians or Albanian nationals?,Cause ethnic Albanians are spread across multiple countries

When did this movement start?,depending on the dates a lot could be counted as fleeing.

If so, what are they?

If so, what are they?

Whats your fix then?

You said:

The war in Ukraine and our strategy, is well outside of my pay grade, I will listen and learn...

however, I agree that we should be pushing our nuclear power plant program to remove reliance on our energy provided by external suppliers who can control our basic needs through cost.

We do seem to be slow in the uptake and I hear or read it is too much of a long term investment to make a difference, start now and that lead time start to fall is my feeling. I also agree that with nuclear we become more self sufficient, allowing us to to concentrate on renewable energy to replace our nuclear capabilities over a more stable longterm plan.

I also have no qualification in energy, but my thoughts seem to make sense to me, happy to be schooled by anyone who can clarify the rights on wrongs of my assumptions.

"

Yeah its not great when literally the French state controls large parts of our energy industry.It is a long road but its one we’re better choosing than having chosen for us later.

I realised I forgot to answer his second point that is due to a lack of understanding on my part I do not understand what these types actually mean when they say diversity or things like that,easily leading to misunderstandings.

If someone could explain to me I would be grateful.

Bristol

"Its not a small amount of people crossing the channel is it,they are comming from Afghanistan, Ukraine as well as france,these people are crossing half the surface of the globe to get here,why would they want to do that do you think,and i for one doesnt want to pay for it.Education yes teach them how to stay in their own country and build and change there,i dont want my country changing for them to come here for handouts and jumping the queue,what about our citizens"

Funny how this always comes around.

In the pre-Tory times we spent money on overseas development, the Tories stopped it and now we have no close influence on these countries. Allegedly there are Tik Tok videos showing how wonderful life is in the UK and how easy it is to get here via speedboat which are making young people want to come here. It makes you wonder if the people trafficking gangs are being sponsored by the fsb? It’s difficult isn’t it when you promote an idea of how exceptional we are as a nation and then don’t want people coming here especially if those peoples main influence is western media. The flip side of course is that we have an ageing population and not enough young people willing to do jobs like fruit picking etc so maybe a scheme that brings them here temporarily for this kind of work would be better than what we do now?

Oh so we cant take pictures of our life in uk now crazy.I always wanted to live in usa what with all the glamorous films and stars living over there.But i knew the only way to live there was thru the propper channels as you are breaking their laws.Simple and thats how it should be here but we have made a situation where a criminal has more rights and has to be helped in every way to fulfil that crime blah blah

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Oh so we cant take pictures of our life in uk now crazy."

Where did that come from?

" I always wanted to live in usa what with all the glamorous films and stars living over there.But i knew the only way to live there was thru the propper channels as you are breaking their laws."
you are free to try and claim asylum there.

"Albanians are coming over now to the uk,aswell as the usual young fit men cant be arsed to stay in there country etc,i might be wrong but is Albania part of the EU,if so why are they comming all the way over here when they have free movement over borders within the EU if they dont want to stay in own country.I know why and most other people know why but were getting to the point where we cant talk the truth anymore,you cant even talk to them or film them,its all becoming very worrying"

Its called Karma, its payback for when the British went into everybody else's countries and did a lot worse.

What like inventing the covid vaccine lol

By *astmale123Man  over a year ago

Parkhead Glasgow

Hmmmm quite a few problems can be linked directly to the tories under thatcher privatising everything... High gas price? Well british gas is a for profit company after it was sold off so what do you expected? Trains rubbish and expensive? Private companies so tough, high water bills, leaks and no investment water systems... Private companies lol critical infrastructure should be public owned and never operated as for profit. Look at the USA and see what for profit means for utilities!

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"Oh so we cant take pictures of our life in uk now crazy. "

And they say that reading the Daily Outrage has no effect on how people think. Lol.

Lol havent bought a paper in 10 yrs know all

And are you still blaming thatcher,jesus.Bad investment,creaming the profits by gready business men who do absolutely f... all for uk economy.Thatcher had to pull uk out of the abyss caused by unions,i know we need them but they took the mick,every year we had to strike it got workers no where apart from lost earnings.Wont have long to see how labour perform and yes get these tories out but i doubt much will change for the workers

West London

Unsurprising result.

Some broader explorations, but those who want to talk about immigration only seem to be able to talk about immigration.

One unable to conceptualise anything else and needing clarification of a post understandable to everyone else.

If you blame everything on one or two (minor) factors you will be devoid of thought and solutions when it turns out that the world is complicated and there are no simple answers.

Or you could tackle one problem at a time,and get thru the list asap,so people in britain can live the life they are due rather than put things off for another day.Perhaps the most pressing problems first

West London

"Or you could tackle one problem at a time,and get thru the list asap,so people in britain can live the life they are due rather than put things off for another day.Perhaps the most pressing problems first"

You actually believe that immigration is and has been the single biggest problem facing the UK?

There is and has not been anything more important?

I havent said its the biggest problem facing the uk,it is growing to be one i think tho.You wouldnt like it if you threw a party at say your house and a large party of people uninvited turned up and started drinking your beer and eating your buffet.Then started wandering around upstairs looking for the toilet lol.Yes controlled immigration has got to be good for everyone.But lets admit this invasion is going to have repercussions for all people already here,im not willing to drop my guard and encourage more migrants to come here its upsetting the status quo of this country,control it yes but dont upset the balance for the natives how is that good for anybody.Really these people should try and change the country they are comming from and rebuild that not run away,look at what we have gone thru to get here.I know you wont agree but just giving you my two pence worth lol

West London

"I havent said its the biggest problem facing the uk,it is growing to be one i think tho.You wouldnt like it if you threw a party at say your house and a large party of people uninvited turned up and started drinking your beer and eating your buffet.Then started wandering around upstairs looking for the toilet lol.Yes controlled immigration has got to be good for everyone.But lets admit this invasion is going to have repercussions for all people already here,im not willing to drop my guard and encourage more migrants to come here its upsetting the status quo of this country,control it yes but dont upset the balance for the natives how is that good for anybody.Really these people should try and change the country they are comming from and rebuild that not run away,look at what we have gone thru to get here.I know you wont agree but just giving you my two pence worth lol"

What did I write in the first post to define the purpose of the thread to be?

Ha ha,so sorry yes bit off track,you set the trap and i fell for it,i keep on looking into fab and have other things to do,so i apologise, i do notice your threads are skirting around the racism subject and like to join in when i can,but the headline is the subject and overtime i forgot all the comments as i read the latest one.But game over and have you any say or are you just stirring things up,what other problems do you think of in uk

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"Ha ha,so sorry yes bit off track,you set the trap and i fell for it,i keep on looking into fab and have other things to do,so i apologise, i do notice your threads are skirting around the racism subject and like to join in when i can,but the headline is the subject and overtime i forgot all the comments as i read the latest one.But game over and have you any say or are you just stirring things up,what other problems do you think of in uk"

You will notice this alot

West London

"Ha ha,so sorry yes bit off track,you set the trap and i fell for it,i keep on looking into fab and have other things to do,so i apologise, i do notice your threads are skirting around the racism subject and like to join in when i can,but the headline is the subject and overtime i forgot all the comments as i read the latest one.But game over and have you any say or are you just stirring things up,what other problems do you think of in uk"

It wasn't a "trap" or any sort of a trick.

It was very direct because automatically blaming problems on others is rarely constructive.

The intention was to encourage those who only ever post on problems of immigration and the EU to consider some other topics.

It hasn't happened.

People will surely only post on subjects that interest them,or perhaps want to put forward their views after reading others ideas.Its all about discussing and realising other peoples views and joining in .There are a few regulars on here still playing their games of shutting discusssion down and trying to end the debate,even picking up on grammar,for me they should be reported but its not the end of the world is it.There are a 1001 problems in the uk and im sure you have proved that we keep going back to immigration as if we are showing our true colours but its not there country its mine and im sure i can have a say on that ok

Newcastle under Lyme

The feudal system never really went away. Instead of just Royals and barons, we now have large corporations and vested interest groups to add to the list of those that rule over us.

West London

"People will surely only post on subjects that interest them,or perhaps want to put forward their views after reading others ideas.Its all about discussing and realising other peoples views and joining in .There are a few regulars on here still playing their games of shutting discusssion down and trying to end the debate,even picking up on grammar,for me they should be reported but its not the end of the world is it.There are a 1001 problems in the uk and im sure you have proved that we keep going back to immigration as if we are showing our true colours but its not there country its mine and im sure i can have a say on that ok"

You seem absolutely convinced that there is some sort of an agenda. That's on you.

I asked what I intended to ask which was just for a change to discuss something else of importance.

The fact that some people are so focused on immigration to the exclusion of other, more important, topics is interesting. That's all.

Just for clarity, it's not "your" country it's "our" country. That includes many of the people who were not born here and have contributed to society for many years. It also includes those who were born here and contribute nothing.

I have have always read the forums including the political one and always notice your posts,and i wonder why you have to post a new one with the connection to immigration when all the other posts are surely moaning at the problems with in the world,uk and politics and the subjects vary and do not include or mention immigration. It is 'my' country and also other uk citizens and i along with others can have a say in it,certainly about people trying to get into it illegally to me you seem to have an agenda of exposing racial tensions in peoples comments and your very good on the keyboard great crack on not a problem for me im to busy living life

"I have have always read the forums including the political one and always notice your posts,and i wonder why you have to post a new one with the connection to immigration when all the other posts are surely moaning at the problems with in the world,uk and politics and the subjects vary and do not include or mention immigration. It is 'my' country and also other uk citizens and i along with others can have a say in it,certainly about people trying to get into it illegally to me you seem to have an agenda of exposing racial tensions in peoples comments and your very good on the keyboard great crack on not a problem for me im to busy living life"

Eh?

Ha ha ,here is one of them.Wasnt posting to you and not bothering with your games

West London

"I have have always read the forums including the political one and always notice your posts,and i wonder why you have to post a new one with the connection to immigration when all the other posts are surely moaning at the problems with in the world,uk and politics and the subjects vary and do not include or mention immigration. It is 'my' country and also other uk citizens and i along with others can have a say in it,certainly about people trying to get into it illegally to me you seem to have an agenda of exposing racial tensions in peoples comments and your very good on the keyboard great crack on not a problem for me im to busy living life"

It would appear that you then only read my posts in threads about immigration. I comment in many others.

Perhaps that says more about you than me?

Regardless, I don't think that you seem unwilling and unable to discuss any other topic, so not much more to be said.

"Ha ha ,here is one of them.Wasnt posting to you and not bothering with your games"

Do you know how to use ‘quotes’

Im not saying fabtastic,your a bore for the last 3yrs you dont change always the same angle with you,not really an important individual in the forums you do nothing to impress or change peoples minds,did you love the 'young ones'when it was on remind me of one of the characters off that

West London

"Im not saying fabtastic,your a bore for the last 3yrs you dont change always the same angle with you,not really an important individual in the forums you do nothing to impress or change peoples minds,did you love the 'young ones'when it was on remind me of one of the characters off that"

Are you achieving anything with this?

You could start another thread or contribute to something that you are interested in.

You could keep posting here but it doesn't seem to be making you very happy.

Oh sorry i thought we had finished,im happy ,you do seem to assume alot tho.Why have i got to go to another post cant i contribute to this one,this is what its all about.If you post on here i thought people could digest and comment,maybe see if they might have a change of mind.Im gettin a bit sick n tired of listening to other peoples moans just trying to join the party.

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

If so, what are they?

If so, what are they?"

Can we blame ar best incompetent, at worst corrupt politicians and those three things

I don't think so

West London

"Oh sorry i thought we had finished,im happy ,you do seem to assume alot tho.Why have i got to go to another post cant i contribute to this one,this is what its all about.If you post on here i thought people could digest and comment,maybe see if they might have a change of mind.Im gettin a bit sick n tired of listening to other peoples moans just trying to join the party."

You have been busily telling me about your theories my ulterior motives.

If you're happy then please do continue to write whatever you want to write and if that is just about criticising me or other posters or immigration then carry on.

Still confused me why you would but crack on

West London

If so, what are they?

If so, what are they?

Can we blame ar best incompetent, at worst corrupt politicians and those three things

I don't think so"

Certainly incompetent. Not just that though. A engine lack of vision or any strategy about how society might function for the better. I'm not even convinced that they have any interest in making anything better for anyone.

Just power through manipulation of the media and empty words.

Certainly some corruption. There does seem to be an idea that giving money to your friends will lead to success because if they are your friends they must be clever, right?

Doesn't provide us with any solutions except for removing the current party from power.

West London

If so, what are they?

If so, what are they?

When a question is this loaded in specifics, I start to doubt the integrity of the person asking the question or the value in the question. I realise I might be doing you an injustice, so I will ask you if you have a view on this yourself, that you could share?"

There were practically no specifics other than don't discuss the EU or immigration.

What other significant problems and solutions are there?

"Im not saying fabtastic,your a bore for the last 3yrs you dont change always the same angle with you,not really an important individual in the forums you do nothing to impress or change peoples minds,did you love the 'young ones'when it was on remind me of one of the characters off that"

Unfortunately , your not making any sense.

Your not worth a reply either

People moaning about immigration better get used to it. Vast swathes of the world are going to be uninhabitable through climate change.

Just be grateful that you were born in a geographically fortunate location and have empathy for those who need to relocate for whatever reason.

Maldon

If so, what are they?

If so, what are they?

When a question is this loaded in specifics, I start to doubt the integrity of the person asking the question or the value in the question. I realise I might be doing you an injustice, so I will ask you if you have a view on this yourself, that you could share?

There were practically no specifics other than don't discuss the EU or immigration.

What other significant problems and solutions are there?"

On the plus side, we have a great road & rail network. London is one of the greatest cities on Earth. Not without its challenges of course but that takes us close to what we are not allowed to discuss. It continues to develop, the way the area around Barking & Dagenham is changing is staggering. The new rail link can get you from Dagenham to Canary Wharf so fast.

We clearly need to provide plentiful & cheap electricity and this should take priority over woolly sustainable schemes. The odd situation at the moment of electricity supply problems when we are pushing people to EVs and away from gas heating. The expensive nonsense of HS2 which apart from the cost will be a massive draw of electricity when I suspect nobody has ever got off a train at Birmingham and thought ‘I wish that had been 20 minutes quicker’. Still, it’s going to happen, tens of billions have been spent so let’s make the best of it. We need to create more reservoirs to ensure plenty of water during the summer. The current shortages are not a result of less rainfall from climate change. Of course the sewage system needs massive investment to ensure clean beaches.

We need to speed up the provision of Broadband . Stamford Bridge needs to be redeveloped .

I would like a slimmed down ‘modernised’ parliament with a better level of local government. The Palace of Westminster could become a tourist attraction open only in the summer to save on heating. A new House of Parliament built ideally alongside the NEC or in Corby.

Investment in schools of course. Banning of all food home delivery companies. Before the ‘bleeding heart brigade’ come galloping in I know they are people with health or mobility issues but the shit show that is Deliveroo etc were not created for them. Ban all take away deliveries in fact. Ban electric scooters with immediate effect.

I know from recent experience that we need a massive investment in the Ambulance service and hospitals. We need to train more doctors and nurses. Perhaps the lads riding bikes to deliver burgers to lazy buggers could retrain ?

I’m sure there’s much more but that will do for starters.

I agree with most of that.

Bristol

If so, what are they?

If so, what are they?

On the plus side, we have a great road & rail network. London is one of the greatest cities on Earth. Not without its challenges of course but that takes us close to what we are not allowed to discuss. It continues to develop, the way the area around Barking & Dagenham is changing is staggering. The new rail link can get you from Dagenham to Canary Wharf so fast.

We clearly need to provide plentiful & cheap electricity and this should take priority over woolly sustainable schemes. The odd situation at the moment of electricity supply problems when we are pushing people to EVs and away from gas heating. The expensive nonsense of HS2 which apart from the cost will be a massive draw of electricity when I suspect nobody has ever got off a train at Birmingham and thought ‘I wish that had been 20 minutes quicker’. Still, it’s going to happen, tens of billions have been spent so let’s make the best of it. We need to create more reservoirs to ensure plenty of water during the summer. The current shortages are not a result of less rainfall from climate change. Of course the sewage system needs massive investment to ensure clean beaches.

We need to speed up the provision of Broadband . Stamford Bridge needs to be redeveloped .

I would like a slimmed down ‘modernised’ parliament with a better level of local government. The Palace of Westminster could become a tourist attraction open only in the summer to save on heating. A new House of Parliament built ideally alongside the NEC or in Corby.

Investment in schools of course. Banning of all food home delivery companies. Before the ‘bleeding heart brigade’ come galloping in I know they are people with health or mobility issues but the shit show that is Deliveroo etc were not created for them. Ban all take away deliveries in fact. Ban electric scooters with immediate effect.

I know from recent experience that we need a massive investment in the Ambulance service and hospitals. We need to train more doctors and nurses. Perhaps the lads riding bikes to deliver burgers to lazy buggers could retrain ?

"

Can’t argue with much of that

Terra Firma

If so, what are they?

If so, what are they?

What other significant problems and solutions are there?"

Culture, we have become a blame driven society. Blame drives fear, fear prevents action.

It is rife, from politics, health, education and the things you do not want to discuss in this thread.

A working example can be found in this forum and I will use it to expand on what I mean.

There are many people who post against the sitting government, no matter the subject they will return to the government being at fault and particular politicians. The posts tend to be unbalanced and driven by emotion, often leading to very personal comments being made, comments I would guess not be made in person.

These posters, often say that vote for any party other than the Tories, if challenged on this thinking, the reply is often anything is better than not voting for the tories, stop giving the tories a win.

Now lets fast forward 2+ years, we have a change of government, I predict those same people will still be emotionally charged and blaming the sitting government for everything that they see as wrong with the world. It is certainly happening like that in the US at the moment, the same anti Trump have turned on Biden. They want quick fix wins, or the blame comes down hard.

It is not just politics, the blame culture is in everything, and it is hindering progressive learning.

Brighton

If so, what are they?

If so, what are they?

Culture, we have become a blame driven society. Blame drives fear, fear prevents action.

It is rife, from politics, health, education and the things you do not want to discuss in this thread.

A working example can be found in this forum and I will use it to expand on what I mean.

There are many people who post against the sitting government, no matter the subject they will return to the government being at fault and particular politicians. The posts tend to be unbalanced and driven by emotion, often leading to very personal comments being made, comments I would guess not be made in person.

These posters, often say that vote for any party other than the Tories, if challenged on this thinking, the reply is often anything is better than not voting for the tories, stop giving the tories a win.

Now lets fast forward 2+ years, we have a change of government, I predict those same people will still be emotionally charged and blaming the sitting government for everything that they see as wrong with the world. It is certainly happening like that in the US at the moment, the same anti Trump have turned on Biden. They want quick fix wins, or the blame comes down hard.

It is not just politics, the blame culture is in everything, and it is hindering progressive learning. "

That is a good and true observation but (always a but) this current govt are by far the most inept, self serving bunch of crony helping thieving bastards I can ever recall in my lifetime. They actually deserve the blame thrown in their direction. Let’s not forget what the current executive have done since Dec 2019!

I truly do not think we will see the likes again (once Truss is gone). The Conservatives will need to reinvent and purge themselves of the ERG. The disaster capitalists will nonetheless run off into the sunset laughing all the way to the bank.

Brighton

If so, what are they?

If so, what are they?

"

I know this will be a sweeping generalisation, but knowing a few doctors, they are pretty damn smart people. Not really sure your average take away delivery person is up to six years of training and 70hr shifts. Nice idea though!

What I would say on that specific point is that we do indeed need more doctors and nurses so we need to make that career attractive to the clever kids of today. Better pay and conditions. More respect. Why would someone blessed with brains slog themselves as a doctor when they can make a fortune in the city?

Maldon

If so, what are they?

If so, what are they?

I know this will be a sweeping generalisation, but knowing a few doctors, they are pretty damn smart people. Not really sure your average take away delivery person is up to six years of training and 70hr shifts. Nice idea though!

What I would say on that specific point is that we do indeed need more doctors and nurses so we need to make that career attractive to the clever kids of today. Better pay and conditions. More respect. Why would someone blessed with brains slog themselves as a doctor when they can make a fortune in the city? "

Agreed. I was thinking more along the lines of Ambulance drivers, support staff etc.

I forgot to mention electric scooters in my rant. BANNED!

Brighton

If so, what are they?

If so, what are they?

What I would say on that specific point is that we do indeed need more doctors and nurses so we need to make that career attractive to the clever kids of today. Better pay and conditions. More respect. Why would someone blessed with brains slog themselves as a doctor when they can make a fortune in the city?

Agreed. I was thinking more along the lines of Ambulance drivers, support staff etc.

I forgot to mention electric scooters in my rant. BANNED!"

Support staff yeah (and I do get the sentiment so excuse me being pedantic) but “ambulance drivers” are paramedics and highly skilled.

Electric scooter ban hell yeah. And drones!

Terra Firma

If so, what are they?

If so, what are they?

It is not just politics, the blame culture is in everything, and it is hindering progressive learning.

That is a good and true observation but (always a but) this current govt are by far the most inept, self serving bunch of crony helping thieving bastards I can ever recall in my lifetime. They actually deserve the blame thrown in their direction. Let’s not forget what the current executive have done since Dec 2019!

I truly do not think we will see the likes again (once Truss is gone). The Conservatives will need to reinvent and purge themselves of the ERG. The disaster capitalists will nonetheless run off into the sunset laughing all the way to the bank."

I'm not condoning the way certain politicians have behaved or how poor the government is. The blame that gets dished out today hits everything, the restaurants we eat in, the hotels we stay in, eduction, health and pretty much everything in between.

I fear the younger generations are seeing through example, blame is the answer to all problems.

Education is multifaceted, the ability to think is such an important skill and it is being eroded away.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

If so, what are they?

If so, what are they?

I truly do not think we will see the likes again (once Truss is gone). The Conservatives will need to reinvent and purge themselves of the ERG. The disaster capitalists will nonetheless run off into the sunset laughing all the way to the bank.

I'm not condoning the way certain politicians have behaved or how poor the government is. The blame that gets dished out today hits everything, the restaurants we eat in, the hotels we stay in, eduction, health and pretty much everything in between.

I fear the younger generations are seeing through example, blame is the answer to all problems.

Education is multifaceted, the ability to think is such an important skill and it is being eroded away."

My opinion is the opposite.

Too many people are easily distracted and blame immigrants, the EU, Corbyn, Labour, Blaire, etc etc. Absolutely everyone else is at fault for the behaviour of the government, except the government.

Education is the key, we need to start teaching kids how to understand information they take in and how to view it with a critical eye.

Terra Firma

If so, what are they?

If so, what are they?

Education is multifaceted, the ability to think is such an important skill and it is being eroded away.

My opinion is the opposite.

Too many people are easily distracted and blame immigrants, the EU, Corbyn, Labour, Blaire, etc etc. Absolutely everyone else is at fault for the behaviour of the government, except the government.

Education is the key, we need to start teaching kids how to understand information they take in and how to view it with a critical eye."

You opinion seems to be the same as mine.. Blame, it doesn't matter what the examples we give, it boils down to blame and a lack of education that does not promote thinking.

dudley

The lack of law and order due to the diversity agenda being pushed. I can see when a citizen will be arrested for impersonating a police officer when or if they make a citizens arrest.

» Add a new message to this topic