FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Zahawi's helpful advice if you're struggling

Zahawi's helpful advice if you're struggling

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

In Zahawi's words: we should all look at our energy consumption. It is a difficult time.

That's the advice from the guy who used taxpayer's money to heat the stables at his second home.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *teveuk77Man  over a year ago

uk

"In Zahawi's words: we should all look at our energy consumption. It is a difficult time.

That's the advice from the guy who used taxpayer's money to heat the stables at his second home."

He is right. We should....

But to hear it from someone like him when many of us have been watching our consumption for years is just laughable.

"In Zahawi's words: we should all look at our energy consumption. It is a difficult time.

That's the advice from the guy who used taxpayer's money to heat the stables at his second home.

But to hear it from someone like him when many of us have been watching our consumption for years is just laughable."

His words made me vomit a little bit in my mouth.

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

That's the advice from the guy who used taxpayer's money to heat the stables at his second home."

We will be selling our piss if people keep on accepting the brainwash and the illusion, that the polite calls are on this earth with your interest at the top of their list every dawn. that's if folk can afford a pot to piss in.

uk

But to hear it from someone like him when many of us have been watching our consumption for years is just laughable.

His words made me vomit a little bit in my mouth."

I read this morning he said that even people earning £45k may struggle. Yes they will and people earning a lot more. The more money we have the more commitments many of us have like bigger mortgages, higher council tax bills. These can't simply be stopped. Also, I bet on average, a family with one earner on £45k has more outgoings than a single person earning £30k.

Is this a hint that those earning below £45k are going to get help whilst those above get none? If so, I am diverting what I earn above this into my salary sacrificed pension to ensure I am below this threshold.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Zahawi is another tax dodging thieving cun7

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I read this morning he said that even people earning £45k may struggle. Yes they will and people earning a lot more. The more money we have the more commitments many of us have like bigger mortgages, higher council tax bills. These can't simply be stopped. Also, I bet on average, a family with one earner on £45k has more outgoings than a single person earning £30k.

Is this a hint that those earning below £45k are going to get help whilst those above get none? If so, I am diverting what I earn above this into my salary sacrificed pension to ensure I am below this threshold."

Everyone will have to make sacrifices but the sacrifices somebody who earns above 45000 a year will have to make will have a lower impact probably on their basic standard of living the those under.

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Is this a hint that those earning below £45k are going to get help whilst those above get none? If so, I am diverting what I earn above this into my salary sacrificed pension to ensure I am below this threshold."

I'd imagine the government would use or reference salary, not your take home. Although that would require competence ....

That said, if you are happy to live of less, it's worthwhile looking at yet pension regardkess ...

uk

Is this a hint that those earning below £45k are going to get help whilst those above get none? If so, I am diverting what I earn above this into my salary sacrificed pension to ensure I am below this threshold.I'd imagine the government would use or reference salary, not your take home. Although that would require competence ....

That said, if you are happy to live of less, it's worthwhile looking at yet pension regardkess ..."

They don't use reference salary for tax, child benefit so no chance for this. I don't even know if HMRC would know what my reference salary is!

uk

Is this a hint that those earning below £45k are going to get help whilst those above get none? If so, I am diverting what I earn above this into my salary sacrificed pension to ensure I am below this threshold.

Everyone will have to make sacrifices but the sacrifices somebody who earns above 45000 a year will have to make will have a lower impact probably on their basic standard of living the those under. "

That very much depends on their disposable income. Does parents sacrifice their children so they can afford it?

Also, couple with one earner on a £45k salary vs a couple both earning £44k. Who will be impacted the most?

By *ayturners turn hayMan  over a year ago

Wellingborugh

His statement is simply basic common sense . It is one which most people would be wise to observe. People do not need their central heating turned on full blast .

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

That's the advice from the guy who used taxpayer's money to heat the stables at his second home. His statement is simply basic common sense . It is one which most people would be wise to observe. People do not need their central heating turned on full blast . "

who on earth has the heating full blast ATM? Other than indoor farmers

Everyone will have to make sacrifices but the sacrifices somebody who earns above 45000 a year will have to make will have a lower impact probably on their basic standard of living the those under.

That very much depends on their disposable income. Does parents sacrifice their children so they can afford it?

Also, couple with one earner on a £45k salary vs a couple both earning £44k. Who will be impacted the most?

"

Well cut off has to be somewhere.

That's the advice from the guy who used taxpayer's money to heat the stables at his second home. His statement is simply basic common sense . It is one which most people would be wise to observe. People do not need their central heating turned on full blast . "

Hay, many people will suffer and die over the cost of living crisis. Maybe save your trolling for areas where it's not a matter of life and death.

Wellingborugh

That's the advice from the guy who used taxpayer's money to heat the stables at his second home. His statement is simply basic common sense . It is one which most people would be wise to observe. People do not need their central heating turned on full blast .

Hay, many people will suffer and die over the cost of living crisis. Maybe save your trolling for areas where it's not a matter of life and death."

It sounds like your are totally unaware of the measures already in place and have no contact with the less well off in society. There is already a 37 billion pound support package in place to help the less well off , many of whom will receive a one off payment of up to £650 in addition to other benefits. No one is going to die . Times are tough for everyone - the energy crisis is worldwide and not unique to the UK.

That's the advice from the guy who used taxpayer's money to heat the stables at his second home. His statement is simply basic common sense . It is one which most people would be wise to observe. People do not need their central heating turned on full blast .

Hay, many people will suffer and die over the cost of living crisis. Maybe save your trolling for areas where it's not a matter of life and death.It sounds like your are totally unaware of the measures already in place and have no contact with the less well off in society. There is already a 37 billion pound support package in place to help the less well off , many of whom will receive a one off payment of up to £650 in addition to other benefits. No one is going to die . Times are tough for everyone - the energy crisis is worldwide and not unique to the UK. "

Give it a rest, Hay. You know v well a lot of people will suffer and die over this. Your trolling here is leaving a bad taste in the mouth.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Hay, many people will suffer and die over the cost of living crisis. Maybe save your trolling for areas where it's not a matter of life and death.It sounds like your are totally unaware of the measures already in place and have no contact with the less well off in society. There is already a 37 billion pound support package in place to help the less well off , many of whom will receive a one off payment of up to £650 in addition to other benefits. No one is going to die . Times are tough for everyone - the energy crisis is worldwide and not unique to the UK. "

that was in May. But it's okay folks, the beer you can no longer afford ... It's not as expensive as it could have been.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

" There is already a 37 billion pound support package in place to help the less well off , many of whom will receive a one off payment of up to £650 in addition to other benefits. No one is going to die . Times are tough for everyone - the energy crisis is worldwide and not unique to the UK. "

£650 plus £400 aren't going to pay a £4k bill

Wellingborugh

" There is already a 37 billion pound support package in place to help the less well off , many of whom will receive a one off payment of up to £650 in addition to other benefits. No one is going to die . Times are tough for everyone - the energy crisis is worldwide and not unique to the UK.

£650 plus £400 aren't going to pay a £4k bill"

No one said that it will. However not everyone will have a £4k bill many will be lower and no doubt additional support will be put in place

Wellingborugh

Hay, many people will suffer and die over the cost of living crisis. Maybe save your trolling for areas where it's not a matter of life and death.It sounds like your are totally unaware of the measures already in place and have no contact with the less well off in society. There is already a 37 billion pound support package in place to help the less well off , many of whom will receive a one off payment of up to £650 in addition to other benefits. No one is going to die . Times are tough for everyone - the energy crisis is worldwide and not unique to the UK.

Give it a rest, Hay. You know v well a lot of people will suffer and die over this. Your trolling here is leaving a bad taste in the mouth."

However what matters is what most people think. There is already a £37 billion support package in place and additional help will be made available by the government . You seen to be the only person eager for people to die. The government would not allow that to happen.

. .

Leeds

"You seen to be the only person eager for people to die. The government would not allow that to happen.

. . "

The government are allowing people to die. 80 and 90 year olds waiting on the floor for 15 hours for ambulances and dying

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Hay, many people will suffer and die over the cost of living crisis. Maybe save your trolling for areas where it's not a matter of life and death.It sounds like your are totally unaware of the measures already in place and have no contact with the less well off in society. There is already a 37 billion pound support package in place to help the less well off , many of whom will receive a one off payment of up to £650 in addition to other benefits. No one is going to die . Times are tough for everyone - the energy crisis is worldwide and not unique to the UK.

Give it a rest, Hay. You know v well a lot of people will suffer and die over this. Your trolling here is leaving a bad taste in the mouth.However what matters is what most people think. There is already a £37 billion support package in place and additional help will be made available by the government . You seen to be the only person eager for people to die. The government would not allow that to happen.

. . "

What additional help?

Also: care homes.

Tho I realsied this was a WUM when you said we had a government. Everyone is on hols.

Wellingborugh

"You seen to be the only person eager for people to die. The government would not allow that to happen.

. .

The government are allowing people to die. 80 and 90 year olds waiting on the floor for 15 hours for ambulances and dying"

. Maybe that is the fault of the NHS and how it is run. You cannot simply blame the government for everything that goes wrong in life, though some would like to.

Leeds

Surely NHS management and funding is a direct responsibility of the Government ?

I do wonder how Zahawi expects certain people to limit their energy to what they can afford. Get used to eating raw meat? No more of that pricey heating. Just wear three jumpers and a coat all winter indoors if it gets cold. And who needs a warm shower? Ice cold showers can be bracing in January, don't you know.

uk

. .

The government are allowing people to die. 80 and 90 year olds waiting on the floor for 15 hours for ambulances and dying. Maybe that is the fault of the NHS and how it is run. You cannot simply blame the government for everything that goes wrong in life, though some would like to. "

Can you let me know what the UK government has done to try and peacefully resolve the situation in Ukraine? From what I see, all that BoJo has been doing is arming Ukraine which is prolonging this war and impacting the gas prices further.

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Like we haven't already over the last 30 years.

Sick of reading it:

Stick on a jumper

Heating down 2'c

Lights off

Just enough in the kettle

Only cover your veggies

2 minute shower

Loads of others

Same old, same old crap we're already doing. What planet he on?

Longridge

. .

The government are allowing people to die. 80 and 90 year olds waiting on the floor for 15 hours for ambulances and dying. Maybe that is the fault of the NHS and how it is run. You cannot simply blame the government for everything that goes wrong in life, though some would like to.

Can you let me know what the UK government has done to try and peacefully resolve the situation in Ukraine? From what I see, all that BoJo has been doing is arming Ukraine which is prolonging this war and impacting the gas prices further."

EXACTLY what Putin wants

Let Ukraine fall and we can be warm n toasty this Winter.

[Removed by poster at 28/08/22 20:27:26]

. .

The government are allowing people to die. 80 and 90 year olds waiting on the floor for 15 hours for ambulances and dying. Maybe that is the fault of the NHS and how it is run. You cannot simply blame the government for everything that goes wrong in life, though some would like to.

Can you let me know what the UK government has done to try and peacefully resolve the situation in Ukraine? From what I see, all that BoJo has been doing is arming Ukraine which is prolonging this war and impacting the gas prices further."

I hate to tell you this but Russia was planning to pull the plug on us anyway as part of their imperialist agenda.

We would have to live without them anyway why not now?

Longridge

Google Tony Blair's speech on 2006, read every word carefully in respect to Energy Security and what was needed.

You'll see what a shit-show Labour and the Conservatives have presided over for the last 16 years.

Then write to your MP to demand a public enquiry why they did nothing causing the problems we face today.

I didn't have to be like this.

50% to 77% of todays electricity has come from gas. How the hell we survive winter with no electricity from Norway or France?

» Add a new message to this topic