FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Disneyland…..

Disneyland…..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ild_oats OP   Man  over a year ago

the land of saints & sinners

The latest casualty of Brexit is the direct “Disneyland Express” from the UK to the Magic Kingdom, east of Paris.

For the past 26 years – with a brief interruption for Covid – Eurostar has been running high-speed trains from London to Disneyland Paris.

The Channel Tunnel train operator will abandon the route from 6 June 2023. Eurostar blames difficult economic circumstances plus the logistical implications of Brexit and said it was concentrating on the core cities it serves in France, Belgium and the Netherlands.

This appears to be another example of the fallout from Brexit.

Good to see this is a gift that keeps on giving…..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ustintime69Man  over a year ago

Bristol

Well we should all jolly well be staying at home and supporting our own theme parks

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

We need to stop all trains running as we simply don’t have enough electricity. Can we wait until the end of September though as I’m off on the Eurostar next week for a three week Euro rail trip.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Oh no, how will we ever cope with this inconvenience?

Meanwhile in the real world, normal people are worried about food and fuel prices.

By *rLibertineMan  over a year ago

North Suffolk

"Oh no, how will we ever cope with this inconvenience?

Meanwhile in the real world, normal people are worried about food and fuel prices. "

I think the OP was simply highlighting the fact that Eurostar is cutting back its services partly due to Brexit. I wouldn’t expect it to be peoples biggest concern at the moment but that’ still no reason not to acknowledge it’s just another unintended disbenefit of Brexit. Rather than focusing on the reference to Disneyland think of it more as further restriction on the UK population’s ability to travel abroad.

By *ild_oats OP   Man  over a year ago

the land of saints & sinners

Meanwhile in the real world, normal people are worried about food and fuel prices.

I think the OP was simply highlighting the fact that Eurostar is cutting back its services partly due to Brexit. I wouldn’t expect it to be peoples biggest concern at the moment but that’ still no reason not to acknowledge it’s just another unintended disbenefit of Brexit. Rather than focusing on the reference to Disneyland think of it more as further restriction on the UK population’s ability to travel abroad.

"

Exactly… like all stories there is more than just the headlines

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

"

Almost as if instead of restricting the freedom of movement of hundreds of millions of Europeans, in fact we've restricted our own.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Almost as if instead of restricting the freedom of movement of hundreds of millions of Europeans, in fact we've restricted our own. "

Anyone who can get access to a cheap dinghy can come and live in the UK. I'm sure the same freedom of movement applies the other way around, if you are desperate to move to Romania.

» Add a new message to this topic