FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > The British Broadcasting Corporation (the other BBC)

The British Broadcasting Corporation (the other BBC)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oo hot OP   Couple  over a year ago

North West

Absolutely stellar coverage over the last week, up to and including today.

Broadcasting, commentary and journalistic excellence of unimpeachable quality.

Is it time to finally stop calling for the end of Aunty Beeb?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Beeb should stay..

Jeremy Vine's subject matter has been extremely insensitive sometimes as have a few Radio4 presenters and reporters.

Not even buried the Queen and giving Republicans a voice - a time and a place - which isn't now.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

No, they are part of the establishment and covered for Jimmy Saville. They would just as happily cover for other horrendous acts again.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

The BBC are a mixed bag, the educational programs are so much better production, for example Blue Planet, or any of the Attenborough stuff.

The political stuff and news is poor. They never hold the government to account, and always stack question time with right wingers with a special bias towards Farage.

I don't know how they can move with the times though. It seems like an out dated model.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"No, they are part of the establishment and covered for Jimmy Saville. They would just as happily cover for other horrendous acts again."

I don't think that is the case.

By *ondonFunTimesMan  over a year ago

south east

Really simple. Split the BBC in half. Have BBC News and Factual. That’s got a small licence fee which also covers radio. Around 55 pounds per household per year.

Then have BBC Entertainment & Drama and that’s on monthly subscription or takes ads every hour. It’s the only way it can compete in the future and also keep an independent news service.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm not sure anyone is calling for the end of the BBC. The issue is more about how it is funded.

Personally I never watch or listen to the BBC so can't see why I have to pay for it when no other channels are funded in the same way.

It was probably fine for the 1950's but now with thousands of options available the licence makes no sense.

If people like watching the BBC and are happy to pay for it, carry on. I don't watch it and object to paying for it, as I would for anything I don't use.

» Add a new message to this topic