FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Investments when currency is losing its value

Investments when currency is losing its value

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *litterbabe OP   Woman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

The value of the pound has fallen so much, what is worth investing in that will help beat the high inflation we are experiencing?

The stock market and crypto are not doing well, is there anywhere safe to try and beat inflation, if you have any residual income left to invest?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"The value of the pound has fallen so much, what is worth investing in that will help beat the high inflation we are experiencing?

The stock market and crypto are not doing well, is there anywhere safe to try and beat inflation, if you have any residual income left to invest?

"

Presumably that's the reason the Tories have crashed the value of the pound. So those of them who own investment companies like Somerset capital management, can cash in on "disaster capitalism".

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Probably the best advice is not to take advice from the politics forum of a swingers website!

Bitcoin is actually up slightly, but may be down tomorrow, and anyway way off its peak. And the stock market is a big place, there is always somewhere that is doing well or badly, it's just a case of tracking down the winners. It's easy enough to invest globally via funds and to suit your needs and risk profile if you don't want to rely wholly on standard savings accounts.

But I'm no expert, you should speak to one!

"The value of the pound has fallen so much, what is worth investing in that will help beat the high inflation we are experiencing?

Presumably that's the reason the Tories have crashed the value of the pound. So those of them who own investment companies like Somerset capital management, can cash in on "disaster capitalism"."

Sure, the Tories are running the country to benefit a few dozen hedge fund managers, that would be a really sensible strategy to ensure their long term survival.

"

gold usually best

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Presumably that's the reason the Tories have crashed the value of the pound. So those of them who own investment companies like Somerset capital management, can cash in on "disaster capitalism".

Sure, the Tories are running the country to benefit a few dozen hedge fund managers, that would be a really sensible strategy to ensure their long term survival."

You are giving Truss and chums too much credit. They don’t care about the Tory party. They are building on the self interest approach from Johnson’s Govt and what they as individuals can get out of this. They are creating conditions that a select group of people in the know can benefit from. These ministers will in turn benefit down the line as payback. They know their time in Govt is numbered so they are cashing in.

Sure, the Tories are running the country to benefit a few dozen hedge fund managers, that would be a really sensible strategy to ensure their long term survival.

You are giving Truss and chums too much credit. They don’t care about the Tory party. They are building on the self interest approach from Johnson’s Govt and what they as individuals can get out of this. They are creating conditions that a select group of people in the know can benefit from. These ministers will in turn benefit down the line as payback. They know their time in Govt is numbered so they are cashing in."

Why would they think their time in government is numbered. A General Election is two years away. Labour supporters are getting a little carried away.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

You are giving Truss and chums too much credit. They don’t care about the Tory party. They are building on the self interest approach from Johnson’s Govt and what they as individuals can get out of this. They are creating conditions that a select group of people in the know can benefit from. These ministers will in turn benefit down the line as payback. They know their time in Govt is numbered so they are cashing in.

Why would they think their time in government is numbered. A General Election is two years away. Labour supporters are getting a little carried away."

They know their party will be re-elected regardless of their actions.

I've no idea if Truss will stay as PM for a long time or not. But as long as she serves the needs of her party donors, and those who funded her campaign to become PM, And assuming she doesn't stoop as low as Johnson. I don't see why they would move her on.

hiding from cock pics.

"Probably the best advice is not to take advice from the politics forum of a swingers website!

Bitcoin is actually up slightly, but may be down tomorrow, and anyway way off its peak. And the stock market is a big place, there is always somewhere that is doing well or badly, it's just a case of tracking down the winners. It's easy enough to invest globally via funds and to suit your needs and risk profile if you don't want to rely wholly on standard savings accounts.

But I'm no expert, you should speak to one! "

I have no need to speak to an expert as I'm not looking to invest, I'm just looking at hopefully an interesting conversation on here.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

FTSE 100 isn’t the worst place because it tends to be full of multinationals so it’s “UK idiot proof” … it’s the wider FTSE 250 that might be worth steering clear of…

Other than that… gold! … the US dollar…

By *ister_ee_1981Man  over a year ago

San Fran Exeter

"gold usually best"

This, or based on how shit the world is turning,

Guns, dehydrated food, medicine and a place "off the grid"

Stay positive folks!

The best investment seems to be giving money to the Tory party then asking for a massive government contract. Huge returns pretty much guaranteed

By *ovelifelovefuntimesMan  over a year ago

Where ever I lay my hat

Long term, buy the market and reinvest your dividends

By *hropshireGentMan  over a year ago

Shropshire

I have previously invested in gold. That’s a stable and reliable investment, with the on going political and economic issues I don’t feel property in the UK is currently a hood or stable investment.

In June this year I sold one of my rental properties, I had owned it for 5 years, it returned me a monthly income of £700 for 4 years and when I sold the property it sold for £20k more than it owed me.

I invested £150k into palladium in late June this year and it’s currently worth £198k.

Todays value is £1950 a oz, it was £2350 a oz in march 2022.

I know the price fluctuates but I’m hoping it’s a good investment in uncertain times…

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

How long am investing for? And why? May I need it quicker than that ?

Investing is the means, not the ends.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

Pork markets and British cheese

hiding from cock pics.

"I have previously invested in gold. That’s a stable and reliable investment, with the on going political and economic issues I don’t feel property in the UK is currently a hood or stable investment.

In June this year I sold one of my rental properties, I had owned it for 5 years, it returned me a monthly income of £700 for 4 years and when I sold the property it sold for £20k more than it owed me.

I invested £150k into palladium in late June this year and it’s currently worth £198k.

Todays value is £1950 a oz, it was £2350 a oz in march 2022.

I know the price fluctuates but I’m hoping it’s a good investment in uncertain times…"

That really does sound like a brilliant investment, the only thing is where would you store precious metals, it can't be easy to keep a quantity of something so valuable safe.

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

The answer is the forex market.

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

"

gold usually best"

Only in times of uncertainty, or times of certain doom

when the economy is doing well gold performs poorly (it's why Gordon Brown sold it - it was kinda worthless at that moment in time)

so yes - invest in gold

By *ugarbonkCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire

"

You are giving Truss and chums too much credit. They don’t care about the Tory party. They are building on the self interest approach from Johnson’s Govt and what they as individuals can get out of this. They are creating conditions that a select group of people in the know can benefit from. These ministers will in turn benefit down the line as payback. They know their time in Govt is numbered so they are cashing in."

This exactly. No (democratic) government can remain indefinitely in power so the best way to access control is to bet on both horses.

I honestly believe that the Tories are deliberately going so right wing and against the working/middle class as they know the game is up and it's the final cash grab before they are booted out.

Then we will have a Labour government who will return to 'sensible' Tory lite policies and who will be greeted as our saviours. Meanwhile the politics of the UK will have made a massive move to the right and the political 'sponsors' will all be happy with the status quo.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

My best advice is to invest in tins of beans. I've got 24 buried at the bottom of the garden because the way the BOE bailed out the pound this week I'd expect it to go the same way as the Papiermark and you'll soon be pushing a wheel barrow to Asda filled with £ notes in order to buy a single tin of beans. I also believe beans go really nice with Zimbabwean sadza.

» Add a new message to this topic