FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Fleeing Russia

Fleeing Russia

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Adjacent territories such as Georgia and Kazakhstan are reporting tens of thousands of Russians fleeing the call up, immense queues at the border.

Someone on here called them cowards. Are they? Or is refusing to be fed into the meat grinder of Ukraine simply a rational act? Obviously I think it's the latter.

I guess it feeds into larger questions of patriotism and what that means. We love our homes and families, but does that have to mean sacrificing ourselves for a government controlled by a gangster - or by big business?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Would you stick around to be thrown into a meat grinder just to satisfy the ego of 1 man?

"Would you stick around to be thrown into a meat grinder just to satisfy the ego of 1 man? "

Man, woman, military-industrial complex....not likely!

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"Adjacent territories such as Georgia and Kazakhstan are reporting tens of thousands of Russians fleeing the call up, immense queues at the border.

Someone on here called them cowards. Are they? Or is refusing to be fed into the meat grinder of Ukraine simply a rational act? Obviously I think it's the latter.

I guess it feeds into larger questions of patriotism and what that means. We love our homes and families, but does that have to mean sacrificing ourselves for a government controlled by a gangster - or by big business?"

I can't say I blame them for trying to get out. Their country is not under threat and has not been invaded so there is not the same motivation that the Ukrainians have (protecting your homeland). Also anyone starting a 6 month tour has to endure it through the winter months assuming they live long enough

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

It's been said some of them are even considering flying with Ryanair

"It's been said some of them are even considering flying with Ryanair "

They must be desperate

I read a report on the bc earlier that conscription officers are being sent to the border of Georgia to hand papers to those trying to leave.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Old men sending young and poor to die. Nothing ever changes.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Maybe Putin should just ask for volunteer's from the so allegedly large amount of Russians who support his war.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"It's been said some of them are even considering flying with Ryanair "

Brighton

[Removed by poster at 28/09/22 12:52:34]

Brighton

There used to be a very pro-Russian chap that posted on here for a few weeks but not seen him since. He was also pro-China and basically anti-western democracy. I am assuming he headed over to volunteer to fight for the Russians?

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"There used to be a very pro-Russian chap that posted on here for a few weeks but not seen him since. He was also pro-China and basically anti-western democracy. I am assuming he headed over to volunteer to fight for the Russians?

"

I vaguely remember him. Just a kid I think being the Devils avocado.

Maldon

"Maybe Putin should just ask for volunteer's from the so allegedly large amount of Russians who support his war.

"

NOT A FUCKING WAR OR INVASION.

It’s a special military operation, comrade.

Maldon

"Old men sending young and poor to die. Nothing ever changes."

That’s an awful truth indeed.

"Old men sending young and poor to die. Nothing ever changes.

That’s an awful truth indeed. "

It does always seem to go that way. There should be a global rule where the person who pushes the war has to go to the front to fight themselves. Bet we'd soon get fewer wars.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Maybe Putin should just ask for volunteer's from the so allegedly large amount of Russians who support his war.

NOT A FUCKING WAR OR INVASION.

It’s a special military operation, comrade. "

I was looking at some news online. Apparently Georgia has 150 thousand Russians to deal with - people are taking their families out. One guy had walked in with his wife and 3 or 4 kids, saying his eldest was 17 and he wasn't going to let Putin have him.

MEANWHILE Azerbaijan is taking the opportunity to attack Armenia while Russia is busy elsewhere. The Belarusian leader is embarrassing Putin in person on TV. I wonder how things are in Syria?

» Add a new message to this topic