FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Starmer or Truss?

Starmer or Truss?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

At the next election, we'll likely have to pick between Starmer and Truss for PM. Who will you pick?

(And yes I know, we don't vote directly for a PM. Before some pedant brings that up. But in effect, we will be picking our next PM.)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"At the next election, we'll likely have to pick between Starmer and Truss for PM. Who will you pick?

(And yes I know, we don't vote directly for a PM. Before some pedant brings that up. But in effect, we will be picking our next PM.)"

Neither.

I'm extremely unlikely to vote for either.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Truss in a second between the two of them. Starmer is an untrustworthy slimeball.

To be fair it must be pretty difficult for him leading a party of economically illiterate nutjobs and anti semites, and even tougher having to pretend he likes those Union Jacks he has to stand in front of every time he gets interviewed. I'm sure he must feel like vomiting but he manages to hide it well.

"Truss in a second between the two of them. Starmer is an untrustworthy slimeball.

To be fair it must be pretty difficult for him leading a party of economically illiterate nutjobs and anti semites, and even tougher having to pretend he likes those Union Jacks he has to stand in front of every time he gets interviewed. I'm sure he must feel like vomiting but he manages to hide it well. "

Have you been chopping up the Mail + the Express, blending it all into a smoothie and drinking it each day by any chance?

"Truss in a second between the two of them. Starmer is an untrustworthy slimeball.

To be fair it must be pretty difficult for him leading a party of economically illiterate nutjobs and anti semites, and even tougher having to pretend he likes those Union Jacks he has to stand in front of every time he gets interviewed. I'm sure he must feel like vomiting but he manages to hide it well. "

He should ditch the union jacks, it only appeals to the racist half witted flag shagger elements of the population

golden fields

I'm sure you're not the only person with such bizarre out of touch opinions of anyone and everything not Tory.

This is why the Conservatives will keep winning, Truss could kick in their front doors, smash the place up, shit on the living room floor and still count on their votes.

To be fair it must be pretty difficult for him leading a party of economically illiterate nutjobs and anti semites, and even tougher having to pretend he likes those Union Jacks he has to stand in front of every time he gets interviewed. I'm sure he must feel like vomiting but he manages to hide it well.

I'm sure you're not the only person with such bizarre out of touch opinions of anyone and everything not Tory.

This is why the Conservatives will keep winning, Truss could kick in their front doors, smash the place up, shit on the living room floor and still count on their votes."

She's pretty much done that with her mini budget already.

This is why the Conservatives will keep winning, Truss could kick in their front doors, smash the place up, shit on the living room floor and still count on their votes.

She's pretty much done that with her mini budget already."

True, but she likes to be photographed in front of a flag, so that will keep the knuckle dragging flag shaggers happy

True, but she likes to be photographed in front of a flag, so that will keep the knuckle dragging flag shaggers happy "

Bad news! I hear on the grapevine the Tories sold off the flag to Hyperwhooshpoo: a constipation drug. So from now on the flag isn't ours anymore.

True, but she likes to be photographed in front of a flag, so that will keep the knuckle dragging flag shaggers happy

Bad news! I hear on the grapevine the Tories sold off the flag to Hyperwhooshpoo: a constipation drug. So from now on the flag isn't ours anymore.

"

Really? That is bad news for the people who get turned on by flags

Really? That is bad news for the people who get turned on by flags "

It's alright. Truss can just get some fantastically expensive wallpaper to pose in front of, just like Johnson.

By *mateur100Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

"At the next election, we'll likely have to pick between Starmer and Truss for PM. Who will you pick?

(And yes I know, we don't vote directly for a PM. Before some pedant brings that up. But in effect, we will be picking our next PM.)"

As it stands, I'm more likely to vote SKS than Truss...unless this seemingly doomed economic policy somehow reaps rewards.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"He should ditch the union jacks, it only appeals to the racist half witted flag shagger elements of the population "

Respect for a flag makes a person a racist? Is that in every country, or just this one?

"He should ditch the union jacks, it only appeals to the racist half witted flag shagger elements of the population

Respect for a flag makes a person a racist? Is that in every country, or just this one?

"

No,

golden fields

(And yes I know, we don't vote directly for a PM. Before some pedant brings that up. But in effect, we will be picking our next PM.)

As it stands, I'm more likely to vote SKS than Truss...unless this seemingly doomed economic policy somehow reaps rewards. "

Is this doomed economic policy worse than all the other Conservative's doomed policies?

People will go to Starmer. He hasn't done anything wrong yet. People are no longer in the mood for "funny" or "exciting" leaders. However it's very difficult for Labour to win in England, so he may have to run a minority gov and depend on SNP votes.

But he's a sensible chap. Many of his policies will elicit Tory MP's votes.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Those 2 are certainly the likely winners but we don't have to choose either. I do think starmer has improved lately and also seem to be trying to do a Blair who was very successful at winning elections until the war in Iraq. It just remains to be seen if he can get his whole party on board with it

nr faversham

"People will go to Starmer. He hasn't done anything wrong yet. People are no longer in the mood for "funny" or "exciting" leaders. However it's very difficult for Labour to win in England, so he may have to run a minority gov and depend on SNP votes.

But he's a sensible chap. Many of his policies will elicit Tory MP's votes."

He's already ruled out an SNP alliance and why would those thick as shit Tory voters be wanted by the Labour party anyway?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

If it’s a choice between the two I think I would choose the adult…. Truss is playing a rather bad experiment with the economy on theory we know doesn’t work!

Saying that I think labour will be the largest party.. but I think they will need a nod from the SNP and the Liberal Democrat’s to actually govern

Not a coalition but a working minority government

nr faversham

"If it’s a choice between the two I think I would choose the adult…. Truss is playing a rather bad experiment with the economy on theory we know doesn’t work!

Saying that I think labour will be the largest party.. but I think they will need a nod from the SNP and the Liberal Democrat’s to actually govern

Not a coalition but a working minority government "

And if her experiment does work? Not that I think it will but where's your argument then?

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Neither.

I'm extremely unlikely to vote for either."

So you’re a disillusioned Tory then.

Gloucestershire

And who took the jam out of your donut? Eh? Tommy?

Terra Firma

"If it’s a choice between the two I think I would choose the adult…. Truss is playing a rather bad experiment with the economy on theory we know doesn’t work!

Would that be a nod for a Ref2 guarantee?

golden fields

Neither.

So you’re a disillusioned Tory then. "

So disillusioned that I've never voted Tory in my life.

Gloucestershire

Neither.

So you’re a disillusioned Tory then.

So disillusioned that I've never voted Tory in my life. "

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

[Removed by poster at 28/09/22 20:13:44]

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Neither, as they both look as bad a each other. I would rather vote for the monster raving looney party, at least I knew I would be voting for a looney

Newcastle and Gateshead

Not a coalition but a working minority government

Would that be a nod for a Ref2 guarantee?"

No…. Greater devolution powers yep.. but an indyref2.. no!. I don’t think the snp are going to want to be the people who let the tories back in by squabbling with labour

By *teveuk77Man  over a year ago

uk

"Neither, as they both look as bad a each other. I would rather vote for the monster raving looney party, at least I knew I would be voting for a looney "

Seriously?! What's Starmer done that you really object to?

By *ayturners turn hayMan  over a year ago

Wellingborugh

Liz Truss . She has a great track record. Has Starmer ever done anything worth mentioning in his life. ?

(And yes I know, we don't vote directly for a PM. Before some pedant brings that up. But in effect, we will be picking our next PM.) Liz Truss . She has a great track record. Has Starmer ever done anything worth mentioning in his life. ? "

Tbh , Liz Truss is a far far better PM than Boris but she is forecasted to get trounced at the next GE

golden fields

(And yes I know, we don't vote directly for a PM. Before some pedant brings that up. But in effect, we will be picking our next PM.) Liz Truss . She has a great track record. Has Starmer ever done anything worth mentioning in his life. ? "

I thought Truss had relaxed the pollution regulations resulting in shit all over our beaches? Plus there is the small matter of putting Britain's economic reputation in the blender.

(And yes I know, we don't vote directly for a PM. Before some pedant brings that up. But in effect, we will be picking our next PM.) Liz Truss . She has a great track record. Has Starmer ever done anything worth mentioning in his life. ?

I thought Truss had relaxed the pollution regulations resulting in shit all over our beaches? Plus there is the small matter of putting Britain's economic reputation in the blender."

Thats what he meant. Some people like shit.

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

Right now, this is probably the best option. We'd have more reason than ideology.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Truss’ track record has been enhanced over the last few days!

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

" Has Starmer ever done anything worth mentioning in his life. ? "

Earning the title Sir through his work ?

I'd like to see them in a threesome with the new Italian PM.

Brighton

"I'd like to see them in a threesome with the new Italian PM. "

Truss and Starmer

By *ustintime69Man  over a year ago

Bristol

Oh dear Mr Hay….oh dear oh dear

Terra Firma

What Truss has done in a very small amount of time is elevate the popularity of SKS, in my opinion.

He seemed to struggle with Boris, he actually seems to shine now.

Remarkable turnaround.

Brighton

"What Truss has done in a very small amount of time is elevate the popularity of SKS, in my opinion.

He seemed to struggle with Boris, he actually seems to shine now.

Remarkable turnaround."

Silver lining and all that. Maybe Truss was a plant. She started life as a Lib Dem after all! So perhaps she is an agent provocateur buried deep and long into the Tories to ultimately bring them down!

Or she is simply shit!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

'worse than boris'..

What a proud legacy she will have..

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

the fact is that as far as the silent majority are concerned, all Sir Kier has to do is not be Truss or Karteng

in Lancashire

Is it all a part of resetting the Tory party with the view of focus upon the next GE?

Cause a financial crisis not dissimilar to the crash of 08/09, then backtrack and everyone goes phew thank fuck when all along it was only a deflection from the previous 12 yrs of poor growth, wage cuts and incompetent management by the previous 3 Tory PM's?

A 'cunning plan'..

Brighton

"Is it all a part of resetting the Tory party with the view of focus upon the next GE?

Cause a financial crisis not dissimilar to the crash of 08/09, then backtrack and everyone goes phew thank fuck when all along it was only a deflection from the previous 12 yrs of poor growth, wage cuts and incompetent management by the previous 3 Tory PM's?

A 'cunning plan'.."

As cunning as a fox who attended the university of cunning studying a masters degree in cunningness!

Brighton

(And yes I know, we don't vote directly for a PM. Before some pedant brings that up. But in effect, we will be picking our next PM.) Liz Truss . She has a great track record. Has Starmer ever done anything worth mentioning in his life. ?

the fact is that as far as the silent majority are concerned, all Sir Kier has to do is not be Truss or Karteng "

Shhhhh! The silent majority thing belongs to Mr Hay and he won’t like you appropriating it!

in Lancashire

"Is it all a part of resetting the Tory party with the view of focus upon the next GE?

A 'cunning plan'..

As cunning as a fox who attended the university of cunning studying a masters degree in cunningness!"

Or as cunning as a poster with multiple profiles who cunningly part way through a thread responds to a post on a different profile..

Now that's double Baldrick level cunning..

Newcastle and Gateshead

Did you hear the absolute shoeing she got on bbc local radio this morning… it’s like one side did some research this morning, and the other side sounded like a pre recorded bumbling idiot!!!

Good news… regional tv next…. I bet they will have some interesting questions for her!!!

"Did you hear the absolute shoeing she got on bbc local radio this morning… it’s like one side did some research this morning, and the other side sounded like a pre recorded bumbling idiot!!!

Good news… regional tv next…. I bet they will have some interesting questions for her!!! "

It waas hilarious, until I reminded myself this utter fuckwit is in charge.

Brighton

"Did you hear the absolute shoeing she got on bbc local radio this morning… it’s like one side did some research this morning, and the other side sounded like a pre recorded bumbling idiot!!!

Good news… regional tv next…. I bet they will have some interesting questions for her!!!

It waas hilarious, until I reminded myself this utter fuckwit is in charge."

Ain’t that the truth

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

I thought the best bit was the questions about fracking

Newcastle and Gateshead

I thought the best bit was the questions about fracking"

Oh no… my favourite was the bloke at bbc stoke who rightfully pointed out that home owners would spend more in increased interest rates payments on their homes than they are getting in energy rate relief…

Gloucestershire

"Neither, as they both look as bad a each other. I would rather vote for the monster raving looney party, at least I knew I would be voting for a looney "

Of course, you wish you could vote Tory, but you cannot, and damned you’d vote Labour. So obviously the rationale is they are bad as each another.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

It waas hilarious, until I reminded myself this utter fuckwit is in charge."

Yes, indeed. Now do you understand why I was so vexed when so many of you thought her premiership would be "comedy gold"?

Not so fucking funny now, eh?

Although I suppose it would be if it weren't affecting the middle class, in addition to the working poor.

Ayr

I thought the best bit was the questions about fracking

Oh no… my favourite was the bloke at bbc stoke who rightfully pointed out that home owners would spend more in increased interest rates payments on their homes than they are getting in energy rate relief…"

I thought the "So the Bank of England took the action it did because of Vladimir Putin?" moment was pretty good.

Yes, indeed. Now do you understand why I was so vexed when so many of you thought her premiership would be "comedy gold"?

Although I suppose it would be if it weren't affecting the middle class, in addition to the working poor."

In my defence, I think I said Dorries would be comedy gold as PM. (But maybe I'm misremembering.)

Ayr

Although I suppose it would be if it weren't affecting the middle class, in addition to the working poor.

In my defence, I think I said Dorries would be comedy gold as PM. (But maybe I'm misremembering.)"

You are. Though she'd have been just as bad, I'm sure.

We've got two years of this fucking train-wreck to put up with.

I will maintain my sense of humour - but I will never find either of the stupid cunts who just fucked the economy funny.

And neither will any of the vulnerable UK citizens who they're going to harm; to a point that wipes out any good they were forced into doing.

In my defence, I think I said Dorries would be comedy gold as PM. (But maybe I'm misremembering.)

You are. Though she'd have been just as bad, I'm sure.

We've got two years of this fucking train-wreck to put up with.

I will maintain my sense of humour - but I will never find either of the stupid cunts who just fucked the economy funny.

And neither will any of the vulnerable UK citizens who they're going to harm; to a point that wipes out any good they were forced into doing."

Look on the bright side...

(I've got nothing to put here, sadly.)

Actually one good thing. After Johnson + Truss, the Tories will hopefully be out of power for a generation.

(Hopefully it won't be like Mad Max here by this point.)

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

In my defence, I think I said Dorries would be comedy gold as PM. (But maybe I'm misremembering.)"

Maybe we'll find out in a week or two when they ditch Truss and install Dorries... Well they need to follow the trend don't they, and Dorries is the only one I can think of that is so brain dead that people would remember fondly "the good old days when Truss was PM".

» Add a new message to this topic