FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Rupa Huq suspension

Rupa Huq suspension

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *otMe66 OP   Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

At a conference fringe event she said of Kwasi Kwarteng, "if you hear him on the the today programme, you wouldn't know he was black." She Mentioned he was superficially black, suggesting he had more in common with Eton.

You know you have over stepped the mark when the likes of Angela Rayner said the remarks were unacceptable.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Shocking.

Labour is still the party of racists and anti-Semites for all the patina of respectability that Starmer is trying to give it.

Terra Firma

"Shocking.

Labour is still the party of racists and anti-Semites for all the patina of respectability that Starmer is trying to give it."

I do feel sorry for Starmer to be honest, he is desperately trying to paint a picture of a civilised labour party that is far removed from the tories, but his MP's seem to like to prove him wrong.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Mr Lammy wanted the subject changed very quickly in his interview.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"At a conference fringe event she said of Kwasi Kwarteng, "if you hear him on the the today programme, you wouldn't know he was black." She Mentioned he was superficially black, suggesting he had more in common with Eton.

You know you have over stepped the mark when the likes of Angela Rayner said the remarks were unacceptable.

"

I have no idea what she was thinking. Should you be able to tell what colour a person is by listening to them on the radio? What's wrong with a black person going to top schools. I am not keen on the guy but because I am not convinced about his policies not because he is black. Labour are better of without her in my opinion

"Shocking.

Labour is still the party of racists and anti-Semites for all the patina of respectability that Starmer is trying to give it."

I would not want to give my vote to any party who are a party of racists and anti—Semites, maybe you can help me not make the mistake, so name them and give examples of why?

Terra Firma

"Shocking.

Labour is still the party of racists and anti-Semites for all the patina of respectability that Starmer is trying to give it.

I would not want to give my vote to any party who are a party of racists and anti—Semites, maybe you can help me not make the mistake, so name them and give examples of why?

"

Not wanting to speak on behalf of the other poster, but, the opening post is an example of the racist element and I think you need look no further than Corbyn's suspension from the Labour party for the other example

By *ustintime69Man  over a year ago

Bristol

"Shocking.

Interesting pov given that she is a brown person

Spectacularly stupid thing to say and her timing makes you wonder whether she is a corbynista or just a bit thick

"Shocking.

Not wanting to speak on behalf of the other poster, but, the opening post is an example of the racist element and I think you need look no further than Corbyn's suspension from the Labour party for the other example "

Ok that's one in the party of racists and anti-Semites and the suspended Corbyn, thank you for that,something I can research when I have the time.

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Racists to the left of me, sex offenders to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with the greens.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Shocking.

Yet she got suspended so fast, and then had to make a grovelling apology for her stupid comments.

That’s decisive, not like the tories, if anything they would probably would give the offending tory MP a peerage or some honour.

Difference between tories and labour, tories dither, labour acts.

Terra Firma

"Shocking.

Yet she got suspended so fast, and then had to make a grovelling apology for her stupid comments.

That’s decisive, not like the tories, if anything they would probably would give the offending tory MP a peerage or some honour.

"

It is a well trodden path, I would expect nothing less

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Shocking.

It is a well trodden path, I would expect nothing less "

that suggest tory scandal is new...

Terra Firma

"Shocking.

It is a well trodden path, I would expect nothing less that suggest tory scandal is new... "

Really

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Not wishing to derail. Never knew she was Konnies sister.

Heres a racist remark I made earlier ...

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Mr Lammy wanted the subject changed very quickly in his interview.

"

There a surprise

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

A bloody good move. The nasty old battle axe seems to have the impression black people can't be successful and get into the best schools in the country, such as Eton which she specifically mentioned.

That sort of race baiting rubbish is exactly why many red wall folk fell out of Labour. If Kier has zero tolerance on these kind of remarks going forward he could very well end up as the next Prime Minister.

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

The Tories are in the worse mess since John Major was PM.

Is this the best that Labour Mp's can do? They have a chance to win the next election and they keep making it more difficult for their selves??

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

I bet keir was gutted, spent nearly on an hour speaking getting standing ovations and exiting with his missus relishing in the afterglow.

Then BANG straight into a storm

On 1 side: a Labour MP said a dumb thing + got suspended for it.

On the other side: Truss + Kwarteng made a disastrous budget to fuck us all over during a cost of living crisis.

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

"I bet keir was gutted, spent nearly on an hour speaking getting standing ovations and exiting with his missus relishing in the afterglow.

Then BANG straight into a storm

"

Maybe, but one of Starmer's lines was about governing with integrity. This gave him a perfect opportunity to demonstrate it. Immediate unanimous condemnation - I haven't seen a single word of backing for her - followed by the removal of the whip and apology before anyone has had the chance to drag the whole party down.

A government response would have backed her and eventually given her a seat in the Lords. And before any tories here deny that I just have two words for you. One is Zach and the other is Goldsmith.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Shocking.

"

Tories make them pm..

By *ugehandsMan  over a year ago

Fife/ Newcastle

Not a Starmer fan but he did the right thing by removing the whip and suspending her from the party quickly. I don't think she should be expelled but there has to be consequences.

It's bizzare that a woman of colour should racist slurs. It makes it even worse when the chairwoman of the Labour Party was sitting next to her when she made the comments but did not challenge her there and then.

» Add a new message to this topic