FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Cut Free and Disconnected.. Gas

Cut Free and Disconnected.. Gas

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rFunBoy OP   Man  over a year ago

Longridge

Seems that when I mentioned to others, including my local councillor and posts here - that the suggestion of sabotaged gas pipes was a ludicrous and lunatic idea.

Well, it appears that Russian underwater expertise has been called up on to destroy gas pipes which is now apparent the EU has now been disconnected from supply, permanently.

Three seismic explosions detected at the time pressure on the pipes dropped and impossible to be accidents.

Wonder how long before non Russian pipelines such as the 40% UK supply pipes from Norway are also deliberately damaged to help freeze us into submission.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Doesn't matter. Putin is doomed. The only question is whether he can find somewhere to run to

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

Why would the Russians blow it up, they can switch it off, same result.

It doesn't make sense??

Longridge

Who else?

It's a statement.. you've phucked it, even though we'd never buy from them again.

There were 3 confirmed explosions.

So someone did.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan  over a year ago

Gilfach

"Who else?

It's a statement.. you've phucked it, even though we'd never buy from them again.

So someone did."

The Russians have nothing to gain. They want to freeze Europe into submission, then be able to turn the gas back on when we accept Russia's new border. They can't dangle the offer of more gas if there's no pipeline.

So who does benefit? Possibly someone that has lots of gas, or oil, and wants to expand into new markets. Which other countries have large supplies of gas and oil, and are known to have submarines?

Longridge

Don't know why they are allowing it to vent to atmosphere as its more logical to ignite it and burn it off.

Methane damn site more damaging to the planet than Carbon Dioxide.

"Don't know why they are allowing it to vent to atmosphere as its more logical to ignite it and burn it off.

Methane damn site more damaging to the planet than Carbon Dioxide."

Well Germany is firing up their coal power plants so I think that has leak is irrelevant.

Longridge

At least they've got some..

We blew ours up in a hail of glory for TV cameras..

Acid rain to Moscow..

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Seems that when I mentioned to others, including my local councillor and posts here - that the suggestion of sabotaged gas pipes was a ludicrous and lunatic idea.

Well, it appears that Russian underwater expertise has been called up on to destroy gas pipes which is now apparent the EU has now been disconnected from supply, permanently.

Three seismic explosions detected at the time pressure on the pipes dropped and impossible to be accidents.

Wonder how long before non Russian pipelines such as the 40% UK supply pipes from Norway are also deliberately damaged to help freeze us into submission."

He’s desperate, he knows he is losing badly, and his threats have no impact, he will have to come the negotiating table soon, or there will be no one left in Russia as they have left to escape the place. Guess it’s not going to be fun ruling a country of one person.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"At least they've got some..

We blew ours up in a hail of glory for TV cameras..

Acid rain to Moscow.."

The last fully functioning UK coal power station, Ratcliffe on Soar, has had its decommissioning delayed.

One of the generators was due to be taken out this Autumn, but that has been put back to next Spring.

The operator...Uniper of Germany!

Longridge

Ironic...

Is Putin letting us know he can damage our underwater infrastructure such as pipes, the numerous electricity interconnects and Internet and phone cables.

Suddenly, they are vulnerable..

--- --- --- ---

Russian submarines threatening undersea network of internet cables, says UK defence chief Sir Tony Radakin

https://news.sky.com/story/russian-submarines-threatening-undersea-network-of-internet-cables-says-uk-defence-chief-sir-tony-radakin-12511437

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Well Russia always has been one to use unconventional warfare in its methods.

Longridge

I personally think those charges, along with many others on other pipes and cables were planted a long time ago for remote, timed detonation to avoid accusations.

I wonder if the Norwegian Navy and others are actively searching for more now they've mobilised?

I suggested sabotage of this infrastructure before to sarcastic responses.

Well, now it seems I wasn't wrong, next question being will they do the same to the Norway-UK Gas supply link, if they do, we've lost 40% of our Gas supply for Winter.

There was also the 'mysterious' explosion not widely reported of the LNG Terminal in Texas over the summer, leaving Europe short on deliveries.

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

"Who else?

So someone did."

Who else?

Wouldn't surprise me if the yanks did it

Longridge

No..

We would be buying Gas from them already if we could, just a small issue of a mysteriously sabotaged LNG in Texas during summer.

Gas is currently dirt cheap in the USA, so no need to blow up pipes to convince us to buy it.

Gilfach

"Wouldn't surprise me if the yanks did it."

"No..

We would be buying Gas from them already if we could, just a small issue of a mysteriously sabotaged LNG in Texas during summer.

Gas is currently dirt cheap in the USA, so no need to blow up pipes to convince us to buy it."

But blowing up the Russian pipes would remove the temptation for Europe to cave in to Russia's demands when it starts to get cold.

Gas is currently dirt cheap in the US precisely because they can't export it, so there's too much available. As soon as they get that LNG processing plant back online, they'll be able to export, and the price will go back up again.

Benefits to the US:

1. Less chance of capitulation from a shivering Europe.

2. Russia, the old enemy, has a major source of funding removed.

3. Europe starts to buy more gas from the US.

4. The price goes up, so more profits made in the US.

Longridge

Let's see what happens with the Norwegian pipeline over the next few months.

Not that I'm too fussed as bought enough Propane over the summer off eBay and Facebook to last for over 2 years.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Not so sure its Russians that did actually sabotage the pipes. Could easily have been the USA.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Not so sure its Russians that did actually sabotage the pipes. Could easily have been the USA."

I think most right thinking people realise that the the US and the rest of the west is beyond that kind of tactic.

Longridge

"Not so sure its Russians that did actually sabotage the pipes. Could easily have been the USA."

They have absolutely no reason to. We'd buy every m3 the US can supply if only they could transport it here, without taking EU pipes offline.

Time will tell..

BRIDGEND

"Not so sure its Russians that did actually sabotage the pipes. Could easily have been the USA.

I think most right thinking people realise that the the US and the rest of the west is beyond that kind of tactic.

"

Because we're bastions of morality and good character of course lol

We are absolutely not above that and you're ridiculously naive to think otherwise

Especially the fucking yanks

[Removed by poster at 01/10/22 23:28:11]

"Not so sure its Russians that did actually sabotage the pipes. Could easily have been the USA.

We are absolutely not above that and you're ridiculously naive to think otherwise

Especially the fucking yanks"

wow us fucking yanks.. define your analysis on why the fucking yanks should sabotage pipelines ? When the current administration banned fracking for LNG .

Gilfach

"define your analysis on why the fucking yanks should sabotage pipelines ? When the current administration banned fracking for LNG ."

To quote someone above:

Blowing up the Russian pipes would remove the temptation for Europe to cave in to Russia's demands when it starts to get cold.

Benefits to the US:

1. Less chance of capitulation from a shivering Europe.

2. Russia, the old enemy, has a major source of funding removed.

BRIDGEND

Especially the fucking yanks wow us fucking yanks.. define your analysis on why the fucking yanks should sabotage pipelines ? When the current administration banned fracking for LNG ."

Don't get me wrong, could have been is fucking Brits

But you fucking yanks are a law to yourselves, don't go clutching your handbag because I'm pointing out basic facts

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Probably a joint operation

Longridge

I really must stop scaring people.

I really must stop reading unreliable sources.

I really must stop seeing the truth, governments aren't telling us.

I really must stop watching UK generation figures and absolutely must stop trying to predict the future!!!

BBC News - Homes face winter power cuts in worst-case scenario, says National Grid

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63155827

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/20025192/blackouts-winter-energy-bills-three-hour-power-cut/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Money%2006/10/2022&utm_term=Newsletter_money_daily

Seems to me last time i looked we are surounded by the stuff called water wich can be heated and turned into hydrogen and oxygen and hydrogen is a verry powerful gass so why dont we invest and use it for oure power stations and the excess oxygen can be put back into the air

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Seems to me last time i looked we are surounded by the stuff called water wich can be heated and turned into hydrogen and oxygen and hydrogen is a verry powerful gass so why dont we invest and use it for oure power stations and the excess oxygen can be put back into the air"

How do we heat the water ?

I do agree with hydrogen but you need lots of power to produce it and compress it to liquid.

The same with LNG it takes a lot of power to compress that for transporting.

It about time we stopped all the subsidies for so called green power companies and make them invest their own money and not rely on the public to support their businesses whilst making huge profits

Gilfach

"Seems to me last time i looked we are surounded by the stuff called water wich can be heated and turned into hydrogen and oxygen and hydrogen is a verry powerful gass so why dont we invest and use it for oure power stations and the excess oxygen can be put back into the air"

The energy we can get from hydrogen comes from burning it, i.e. combining it with oxygen to make water. To get the hydrogen, we have to take water, and put lots of energy into it to make it split apart into oxygen and hydrogen.

So the amount of energy we get from burning hydrogen, is the same amount of energy that we have to put into the water to get the hydrogen in the first place. Of course, in practice there will be losses, so we'll end up putting more energy into generating hydrogen than we will get back out of using hydrogen as a fuel.

Hydrogen could be very useful in the future, as it might be a good way of storing and transporting energy, but it can't be used as a primary energy source.

Longridge

150% input.

» Add a new message to this topic