FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > BBC grill Truss

BBC grill Truss

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *otMe66 OP   Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

BBC radio gilled Truss, the montage of clips clearly puts Truss on the ropes in all exchanges.

The BBC have taken the gloves off.

Listen here https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-63078726

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"BBC radio gilled Truss, the montage of clips clearly puts Truss on the ropes in all exchanges.

Listen here https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-63078726"

The brilliant thing is that each of the local stations only had 5 minutes each and they used it so skilfully to rip truss limb from limb….it was like playing a game of mortal Kombat and spending ages finding the best way to “finish him”

The fact she thought the energy plan was the be all means there some very stubborn and Nieve people working in no.10

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"BBC radio gilled Truss, the montage of clips clearly puts Truss on the ropes in all exchanges.

Finally.

I wonder why now, and not for the past 13 years.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Finally.

I wonder why now, and not for the past 13 years."

Because they know she's toast now. The BBC has been under direct government control since Blair's time, it's only now that Truss is fatally wounded that there is any opportunity for them to show any backbone.

By *otMe66 OP   Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

The brilliant thing is that each of the local stations only had 5 minutes each and they used it so skilfully to rip truss limb from limb….it was like playing a game of mortal Kombat and spending ages finding the best way to “finish him”

The fact she thought the energy plan was the be all means there some very stubborn and Nieve people working in no.10"

I was shocked at how the BBC turned into the hunter, I was then shocked at how they tore her apart, I was then shocked at the way Truss could be heard shrinking away.

I think she would have welcomed a mortal combat finish, to put her out of her misery

Newcastle and Gateshead

Finally.

I wonder why now, and not for the past 13 years."

1) the brilliance of local radio and because they get so little time they actually make questions count

2) it also goes to show that Westminster political journalists are way too chummy or way too scared thinking if they go this hard they won’t get other interviews!

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Only read bits about it but sounds like these stations really got their act together to grill her. Hopefully SKS is taking notes ready for the next PMQ session

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

They presented her with the questions posed by their listeners, some of whom are very worried..

She dodged a lot of the questions and has been shown by fact checking to have not been accurate on some she did answer..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It was a pretty thorough drubbing. I'm expecting an announcement soon that local BBC radio stations will all be facing privatisation.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

imagine actually grilling her, flame grilled pork markets!

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

She comes across as someone in a work interview who had three examples of where they have done a good job and no matter the question, pauses, and tries to crowbar one of the three in.

Energy prices are up. Got it.

It's because of nasty Putin. Got it.

You helped with the cap. Got it.

That was three weeks ago.

Since then you've offet any good by fucking up people's mortgages (and so probably rent). And you've fucked the gilts market up so pensions are having to sell assets at depressed prices. No doubt creating a funding gap that will swallow any tax savings you've created them. And the BoE has had to step in which must be sicken if you are a free marketer.

By *mateur100Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

She's awful. The Tory party membership that voted her in should be ashamed. And I've been a Tory voter most of my adult life

By *actilemale4uMan  over a year ago

London

She's either a genius or completely mad.

Finally.

I wonder why now, and not for the past 13 years.

1) the brilliance of local radio and because they get so little time they actually make questions count

2) it also goes to show that Westminster political journalists are way too chummy or way too scared thinking if they go this hard they won’t get other interviews! "

Local regional journalist or presenters are not chummy with the ministers like the London based ones are

golden fields

"She's either a genius or completely mad. "

Why did she do it?

golden fields

"She's awful. The Tory party membership that voted her in should be ashamed. And I've been a Tory voter most of my adult life"

Ashamed of the policies, or ashamed of her poor performance during the interviews?

By *mateur100Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

"She's awful. The Tory party membership that voted her in should be ashamed. And I've been a Tory voter most of my adult life

Ashamed of the policies, or ashamed of her poor performance during the interviews?"

I didn't agree with the policies, her interviews are poor and I didn't and still do not understand why the Tory parliamentary party voted for her.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

[Removed by poster at 29/09/22 22:52:29]

golden fields

"She's awful. The Tory party membership that voted her in should be ashamed. And I've been a Tory voter most of my adult life

Ashamed of the policies, or ashamed of her poor performance during the interviews?

I didn't agree with the policies, her interviews are poor and I didn't and still do not understand why the Tory parliamentary party voted for her. "

Her campaign to be PM was well funded. But yeah, also don't know why, she doesn't seem to be doing the party any favours. Although I still believe the Conservatives will be voted in again at the next GE.

Newcastle and Gateshead

Irony being in all the debates and all the hustings it wasn’t like Rishi didn’t lay out what would happen if she went thru with their plans……

If I was him my lip would be bleeding having to keep my mouth closed from saying “I told you so!!”

I didn't agree with the policies, her interviews are poor and I didn't and still do not understand why the Tory parliamentary party voted for her. "

Because they are imbeciles

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

they voted her in because they knew she would be a disaster and could be thrown out again in short order allowing Boris to come romping back in as the party savior .

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

I was rather hoping this thread title was some kind of report of Truss being given the starring role in a spit roast...

No not that sort of spit roast (dirty minds!), more that she was tied to a pole and being rotated over a hot flame in order to warm up her brain pan a little.

» Add a new message to this topic