FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Italy stopping males leave ship

Italy stopping males leave ship

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So Italy as stopped 35 men leaving a German humanity ship lawyers and activist's are demanding to let them leave.should we be looking to employ there new politicians.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Praise for neo-fascist politicians or policies?

We must be in the politics forum.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"So Italy as stopped 35 men leaving a German humanity ship lawyers and activist's are demanding to let them leave.should we be looking to employ there new politicians."

Are the Tories not hateful enough, and don't use foriegners and immigrants as a tactic enough?

There are other options right here that are more into fear based politics. Reform, Reclaim, BNP etc.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"Praise for neo-fascist politicians or policies?

We must be in the politics forum. "

Another post without any substance, loving your work

"So Italy as stopped 35 men leaving a German humanity ship lawyers and activist's are demanding to let them leave.should we be looking to employ there new politicians."

No, what do you think?

"Praise for neo-fascist politicians or policies?

We must be in the politics forum.

Another post without any substance, loving your work

"

Loved it enough to comment

Seem to have touched a nerve, criticising the far right???

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 07/11/22 08:58:49]

Terra Firma

"So Italy as stopped 35 men leaving a German humanity ship lawyers and activist's are demanding to let them leave.should we be looking to employ there new politicians.

Are the Tories not hateful enough, and don't use foriegners and immigrants as a tactic enough?

There are other options right here that are more into fear based politics. Reform, Reclaim, BNP etc."

After reading the article, it appears the authorities have screened and removed 501 people from 2 boats, those that were not vulnerable are asked to leave Italian waters.

I appears they have allowed those that should have access to asylum in and banned those that shouldn't.

Have Italy taken strong action whilst being fair?

"So Italy as stopped 35 men leaving a German humanity ship lawyers and activist's are demanding to let them leave.should we be looking to employ there new politicians.

There are other options right here that are more into fear based politics. Reform, Reclaim, BNP etc.

After reading the article, it appears the authorities have screened and removed 501 people from 2 boats, those that were not vulnerable are asked to leave Italian waters.

I appears they have allowed those that should have access to asylum in and banned those that shouldn't.

Have Italy taken strong action whilst being fair?"

As long as they have kept within the law

Terra Firma

Have Italy taken strong action whilst being fair?

As long as they have kept within the law "

That is the shady part. The Italian government are saying the ships are picking migrants up and bringing them to shore when they are not in danger, the ships are saying they were in danger.

That will be decided in court.

The interesting thing here is the tactic of intercepting the charity boats and screening onboard before making land.

By *astlincscoupleCouple  over a year ago

Tinsel Town

The charity and private company hiring the vessel's will be losing out.

The more refugees they take on board and disembark, the more money the can justify charging.

Profit over people sadly.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

I think part of the Italian's argument is that the migrants are the responsibility of the country of the ship's flag, in this case Germany.

Terra Firma

"I think part of the Italian's argument is that the migrants are the responsibility of the country of the ship's flag, in this case Germany.

"

This is true, however the charity boats are using the law that a person at risk should be taken to the nearest safe land for help.

If the Italian government have removed any vulnerable people from the boats, it will be interesting to see how the boat owners will argue those remaining need immediate help.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

No, what do you think? "

I totally agree with what they are doing and yes I wished we had politicians that are strong to do the job.

No, what do you think? I totally agree with what they are doing and yes I wished we had politicians that are strong to do the job."

I don’t have a problem if they do it within the law, why do you think our politicians ‘aren’t strong enough’ ?

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

No, what do you think? I totally agree with what they are doing and yes I wished we had politicians that are strong to do the job."

There's lots of political parties here that would suit you, no need to look towards Italy.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"I think part of the Italian's argument is that the migrants are the responsibility of the country of the ship's flag, in this case Germany.

This is true, however the charity boats are using the law that a person at risk should be taken to the nearest safe land for help.

If the Italian government have removed any vulnerable people from the boats, it will be interesting to see how the boat owners will argue those remaining need immediate help."

Is it being at risk on the ship or being at risk back in their home country?. I suppose if they were allowed ashore then the local authorities would have no choice but to process them which could take time to work out the claims. Looks like a court will be involved

Terra Firma

If the Italian government have removed any vulnerable people from the boats, it will be interesting to see how the boat owners will argue those remaining need immediate help.

Is it being at risk on the ship or being at risk back in their home country?. I suppose if they were allowed ashore then the local authorities would have no choice but to process them which could take time to work out the claims. Looks like a court will be involved"

Good question, I assumed it was on the ship as those who were deemed to be vulnerable were taken off. But going back to your point it could be they were not deemed vulnerable back in their homeland.

As you say, the courts will need to settle this one.

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

It sounds like some are saying Italy isn't obey the UN law of the Sea. No idea if true .. but that would need to be another set of international treaties we drop out of if we wish to "play hard"

Terra Firma

"It sounds like some are saying Italy isn't obey the UN law of the Sea. No idea if true .. but that would need to be another set of international treaties we drop out of if we wish to "play hard"

"

I read that too, but here they are making it to land or are being picked up as they get into difficulty. There was a charity boat in the channel, not heard a lot about that for a while.

» Add a new message to this topic