FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Is Crypto a scam?

Is Crypto a scam?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So FTX, one of the big crypto exchanges, has filed for bankruptcy, owing creditors tens of billions of dollars.

It had apparently been using customers' funds to prop up a failing sister company.

$400 million has gone missing in an alleged "hack".

Its founder was the biggest donor to the US Democrats after George Soros.

Some see crypto as a means of protecting individuals against the power of the state, as global governments get ever keener to surveil and control citizens' expenditure and behaviour.

So is crypto the future, or a giant Ponzi scheme?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

I have three layers

Blockchain and some of.the ideas could be reveloutionary.

Individual coins ATM are not delivering the benefits. They aren't currency but an asset and terribly hyped

The industry that has sprung up around it. Awful. Not helped by legislators struggling with it, and the customers almoat snubbing the idea they need regulation.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Yes it is because you may gain a profit only if there is enough people who have bought then you pull out at the right time otherwise you lose same as the rest so it's a huge gamble with no guarantee their will be a profit

By *orleymanMan  over a year ago

Leeds

"So FTX, one of the big crypto exchanges, has filed for bankruptcy, owing creditors tens of billions of dollars.

It had apparently been using customers' funds to prop up a failing sister company.

$400 million has gone missing in an alleged "hack".

Its founder was the biggest donor to the US Democrats after George Soros.

Some see crypto as a means of protecting individuals against the power of the state, as global governments get ever keener to surveil and control citizens' expenditure and behaviour.

So is crypto the future, or a giant Ponzi scheme?"

Its easy to accuse it ofnbeing so.

Fundamentally the principle of it is brilliant. A currency that doesn't devalue as only a certain amount exists that can be used globally. In practice it hasn't really worked. But I would hope it does eventually.

I avoid all other crypto bar btc because they haven't proven themselves to be completely decentralised.

Most exchanges I think are corrupt bar coinage which must follow listing rules and the corporate veil can be pierced.

Its a shame something so ideologically brilliant became so corrupted.

I still have my 8 btc from 2012-2014 hoping for the next breakout.

I'd seriously avoid using any exchanges or other crypto than btc and coin base.

» Add a new message to this topic