FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Met Police officers

Met Police officers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ustintime69 OP   Man  over a year ago

Bristol

Why is there no outcry over the fact that both Wayne Cousins and David Carrick were Firearms officers in the political and diplomatic protection unit? Surely these men should have been subject to a higher standard of vetting than your normal Bobby? I’ll tell you why….because there is no legal requirement for police forces to vet applicants, unlike any other industry!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"Why is there no outcry over the fact that both Wayne Cousins and David Carrick were Firearms officers in the political and diplomatic protection unit? Surely these men should have been subject to a higher standard of vetting than your normal Bobby? I’ll tell you why….because there is no legal requirement for police forces to vet applicants, unlike any other industry!"

What do you mean by vetting? I know they have a number of psychological checks and test for firearms roles, but I'm not sure if that is a one off or ongoing.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I thought they were subject to SV vetting?

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

it would seem that the met police are only recruiting violent sex offenders. the selection procedures must be changed

By *rDiscretionXXXMan  over a year ago

Gilfach

"I’ll tell you why….because there is no legal requirement for police forces to vet applicants, unlike any other industry!"

Are car dealerships required to vet their applicants? Or steel foundries, or supermarkets?

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

If they can disband and re-build the Ulster Constabulary then they can do the same with the MET. At least the UC had the face to admit it was a corrupt organisation.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

But some one how has never been hilighted for an offence has a clean record anyway so what ever vetting you do it might not show anything up.

There needs to be a phone line where you can name and shame and get people involved it will get aroused by some but it's probably the only real way.

By *urreyfun38Couple  over a year ago

croydon

At the moment there are 800 serving Police officers being investigated.

Would seem that they have a real problem

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"At the moment there are 800 serving Police officers being investigated.

Would seem that they have a real problem"

I’m not defending anyone here but aren’t the police subject to a lot of abuse and accusations as part of their job with people who want to get off something?

Even 1 being truthful is too many but the number may be high due to the nature of the job not the reality of the situation.

I have no evidence to support or disprove this it’s just a question to all.

By *mateur100Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

I’m not defending anyone here but aren’t the police subject to a lot of abuse and accusations as part of their job with people who want to get off something?

Even 1 being truthful is too many but the number may be high due to the nature of the job not the reality of the situation.

"

And of course there's no teachers, NHS staff etc have ever been charged with anything

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I’ll tell you why….because there is no legal requirement for police forces to vet applicants, unlike any other industry!

Are car dealerships required to vet their applicants? Or steel foundries, or supermarkets?"

An impressively ridiculous thing to say.

Police hold a rather different position in society than people who work in car dealerships. Police are supposedly there to keep us safe. They often interact with those who are most vulnerable. They encounter situations that are wide open to abuse by the proverbial bad apples. It's far more important we can all trust police than car dealership workers.

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"I’ll tell you why….because there is no legal requirement for police forces to vet applicants, unlike any other industry!

Are car dealerships required to vet their applicants? Or steel foundries, or supermarkets?

Police hold a rather different position in society than people who work in car dealerships. Police are supposedly there to keep us safe. They often interact with those who are most vulnerable. They encounter situations that are wide open to abuse by the proverbial bad apples. It's far more important we can all trust police than car dealership workers."

Reread the bottom line of your opening message. That's what he's referring to. You seemed to be under the impression that EVERYONE bar the police is vetted!

Bristol

Police hold a rather different position in society than people who work in car dealerships. Police are supposedly there to keep us safe. They often interact with those who are most vulnerable. They encounter situations that are wide open to abuse by the proverbial bad apples. It's far more important we can all trust police than car dealership workers.

Reread the bottom line of your opening message. That's what he's referring to. You seemed to be under the impression that EVERYONE bar the police is vetted!"

It wasn’t my intention to say that everyone is vetted but many people who have to deal with the public are and there are some police forces who do not vet but my point is that surely if you are to become a firearms officer then you should be subject to more substantial checks/vetting than normal beat officers and that one would imagine that this would bring up accusations of rap* and abuse but evidently it doesn’t happen. I think that’s bad, what’s your opinion?

Gilfach

"It wasn’t my intention to say that everyone is vetted ..."

Fair enough.

"but many people who have to deal with the public are and there are some police forces who do not vet"

Can you point us to any evidence that some police forces do not vet their officers?

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

Reread the bottom line of your opening message. That's what he's referring to. You seemed to be under the impression that EVERYONE bar the police is vetted!

It wasn’t my intention to say that everyone is vetted but many people who have to deal with the public are and there are some police forces who do not vet but my point is that surely if you are to become a firearms officer then you should be subject to more substantial checks/vetting than normal beat officers and that one would imagine that this would bring up accusations of rap* and abuse but evidently it doesn’t happen. I think that’s bad, what’s your opinion?"

As said if someone has never even been accused of something how would you know how would vetting spot this.

By *hismMan  over a year ago

Ballygonowhere

"it would seem that the met police are only recruiting violent sex offenders. "

What a ridiculous and utterly stupid thing to say.

By *arleyfatboy2019Couple  over a year ago

exeter

It’s absolutely shocking what’s happened. But I don’t think the Met are corrupt. The way I look at it is that there are 26000 met officers. No matter how much vetting you do you are going to get some that slip through the net. Those that do will be very clever at disclosing what they need to . Clearly the vetting needs a complete overhaul. Maybe other forces should vet each others applicants?

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Well seeing as there has been at least one MP in the past year accused of sexual offences (might be more but my memory is hazy) out of 650 then the Met having 2 in 26,000 seems like statistically they are doing better than the HoP!

Not excusing in any way but there will always be bad people who do bad things. That slip through the net. That were fine when recruited but changed. Perhaps the issue is a need fir ongoing psychological assessments. They happen, as far as I am aware, especially fir firearms officers, but I would not be surprised if tightening budgets see things like that falling off or being less thorough?

It is always more shocking when it is a person in a position of trust and more challenging to our concept of a civilised society when we cannot point and say “they were misfits, marginalised, odd, loners, had mental health issues etc”

Brighton

*for not fir

croydon

"

And the false ones can be disproved fairly quickly but the problem is when concerns have been raised that they are ignored or not acted on.

There is also the problem of others not reporting their concerns and the difficulty of actually removing the bad apples

The figure quoted is just those for sexual misconduct or domestic abuse

Note this morning an officer was sacked for having sex whist on duty in a marked van

By *iman2100Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"it would seem that the met police are only recruiting violent sex offenders. the selection procedures must be changed "

The Met employes 43,000 Officers and Staff. We are talking about two men here.

If, for example, two grey haired men in Jarrow (or Kirkby or Bexhill) assaulted someone, would we attack the whole population of those towns? I do perceive a need for the police to tidy up their act, however condeming everyone in the Met for the faults of the few is not fair.

I believe the problem results from the "them and us", all "brothers in arms", attitude a majority of police appear to have. They feel the need to defend and protect fellow officers, even when they know it is wrong.

Bristol

"it would seem that the met police are only recruiting violent sex offenders. the selection procedures must be changed

If, for example, two grey haired men in Jarrow (or Kirkby or Bexhill) assaulted someone, would we attack the whole population of those towns? I do perceive a need for the police to tidy up their act, however condeming everyone in the Met for the faults of the few is not fair.

I believe the problem results from the "them and us", all "brothers in arms", attitude a majority of police appear to have. They feel the need to defend and protect fellow officers, even when they know it is wrong. "

It’s an interesting point about toxic male bonding and group thinking which covers up his behaviour because “that’s only what Dave the bastard does” and with that consent Dave thinks he can push his behaviour even further to reinforce his alpha male position in the group. Poor leadership or a toxic male?

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

We trust that the police recruit and "vet" people suitable for their roll and that during their career they continue to be trained and revetted every year don't we?

If I heard the radio correctly this morning... The implication seemed to be that every policeman / woman has not been vetted and are not subject to continual revetting? Is that true? And when THEY say vetting.. What does that mean...? Is it just a DBS check or is there more to it? The argument that they don't have resources to do it holds no water as they shouldn't be vetting themselves in any case it has to be done by an independent agency.

Does anybody have any better understanding of what is or is not done when someone is recruited to and maintains a career with the police?

Tin town

"it would seem that the met police are only recruiting violent sex offenders. the selection procedures must be changed

I believe the problem results from the "them and us", all "brothers in arms", attitude a majority of police appear to have. They feel the need to defend and protect fellow officers, even when they know it is wrong. "

That's a good point and partly down to the media and our growing love for throwing rocks at people who trip up.

Police are ultimately drawn from our society..

So if they are a bunch of criminals it reflects on our society as much as upon them as individuals. Even so.. If their recruitment is genuinely unvetted that is shocking.

All police are vetted but there are various levels of vetting from simple checks to much deeper depending on the specific roles.

Revetting only occurs generally for the more advanced vetting

Someone who's been in the police for a long time may not have been vetted at all or at least for a significant amount of time

However the diplomatic units that these creeps have come from would be subject to increased vetting levels

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Are teachers or social workers to be revetted every year? They are in contact with children and vulnerable people all the time?

Who says an annual check is enough? People's behavior changes more quickly than that

They could be vetted by family to get into the Force

Like rats through windows

Not forgetting Watkinson newly deceased must've had some good buddies

Even wore glasses

Thats Vetti

By *hropshireGentMan  over a year ago

Shropshire

I’m sure this is the tip of the iceberg. It’s not just the MET either. I remember reading a article about one of the smaller forces in the UK and they had spent around £3m paying officers on full pay that were suspended for a 12 month period.

Tin town

"Are teachers or social workers to be revetted every year? They are in contact with children and vulnerable people all the time?

Who says an annual check is enough? People's behavior changes more quickly than that "

An initial and annual, independent and meaningful one would seem to be a massive improvement on what happens now. If at all.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

"Why is there no outcry over the fact that both Wayne Cousins and David Carrick were Firearms officers in the political and diplomatic protection unit?"

Perhaps the priviledge and entitlement of those they guard rubbed off on them?

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

No male officer should have any contact with a female domestic abuse victim.

The only male involvement should be in dealing with the male partner then left to females only.

This is it what they mean by vulnerable women - low esteem frightened then a man in shining armour turns up and gives her his phone number saying call me anytime.

Seen it many times, copper befriends female who mostly takes advantage and what he can before moving on the next one when they get 'too needy'.

Sexual Predation a it's worst.

"No male officer should have any contact with a female domestic abuse victim.

The only male involvement should be in dealing with the male partner then left to females only.

This is it what they mean by vulnerable women - low esteem frightened then a man in shining armour turns up and gives her his phone number saying call me anytime.

Seen it many times, copper befriends female who mostly takes advantage and what he can before moving on the next one when they get 'too needy'.

Sexual Predation a it's worst."

Wow!

Shropshire

Sexual Predation a it's worst."

That comment is wrong on so many levels!

Some females are abused by females you know…

A lot of men are victims of domestic abuse too…

I have read quite a few of your posts and you are ver opinionated and small minded but this is unreal!

In this day and age all folks in positions of power should sit a lie detector test as part of vetting

"Are teachers or social workers to be revetted every year? They are in contact with children and vulnerable people all the time?

Who says an annual check is enough? People's behavior changes more quickly than that "

in my old job, which wasn't social work or teaching, I had to pay a yearly fee to the dbs vetting service, after my first dbs was complete.

then I gave my employer the reference number and they check on my dbs every year.

so it is possible

Glasgow

Vetting is one way, but the problem with organisations like the police is they sponsor a "brotherhood" culture where it becomes wrong to rat on your fellow officers; whatever they do.

So, the biggest question for the Met is, who knew about this 20 year serial rapist and said nothing?

This is similar to the Jimmy Savile scandal where Johnny Rotten was the only one to say anything and was kept off the BBC for years after.

It is not vetting that is required now but an erradication of the mafia style culture of secrecy when faced with an offender in the ranks.

croydon

"In this day and age all folks in positions of power should sit a lie detector test as part of vetting"

You do realise that a lie detector can easily be fooled.

By *astandFeistyCouple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

https://news.sky.com/story/serving-dorset-police-officer-charged-with-rape-and-other-sexual-offences-12799124

Ita not just The Met

Thinking about it

The officers have got surrounds people that are watching corroborating in plane daylight

Nothing here then - was the said

Must be 4+ watching this - never seen any genuine love or a smile without cost

Brighton

"Vetting is one way, but the problem with organisations like the police is they sponsor a "brotherhood" culture where it becomes wrong to rat on your fellow officers; whatever they do.

So, the biggest question for the Met is, who knew about this 20 year serial rapist and said nothing?

This is similar to the Jimmy Savile scandal where Johnny Rotten was the only one to say anything and was kept off the BBC for years after.

It is not vetting that is required now but an erradication of the mafia style culture of secrecy when faced with an offender in the ranks. "

Didn’t know that about Mr Lydon! Interesting.

Glasgow

"Vetting is one way, but the problem with organisations like the police is they sponsor a "brotherhood" culture where it becomes wrong to rat on your fellow officers; whatever they do.

It is not vetting that is required now but an erradication of the mafia style culture of secrecy when faced with an offender in the ranks.

Didn’t know that about Mr Lydon! Interesting."

https://youtu.be/v4OzI9GYag0

Brighton

https://youtu.be/v4OzI9GYag0"

Tin town

https://youtu.be/v4OzI9GYag0"

What a fucking rotter

Gilfach

"This is similar to the Jimmy Savile scandal where Johnny Rotten was the only one to say anything and was kept off the BBC for years after."

"Didn’t know that about Mr Lydon! Interesting."

"https://youtu.be/v4OzI9GYag0"

Lydon was referring to the then-common gossip that Jimmy Saville was rumoured to visit mortuaries late at night (I'm weasel wording it so as not to get the thread shut down). He didn't actually know anything, he was just hunting at rumours that he'd heard. Plenty of other people said similar things, but he's the one that gets all the attention because he was vague about it, so it appears to fit what we know now.

If you really want to see evidence that Saville and others were known to show attention to minors, you should watch "Superstar", episode 7 of series 3 of the Goodies, which contains a sight gag where the young female TotP audience members were given their own entrance to Television Centre.

Glasgow

"This is similar to the Jimmy Savile scandal where Johnny Rotten was the only one to say anything and was kept off the BBC for years after.

https://youtu.be/v4OzI9GYag0

Lydon was referring to the then-common gossip that Jimmy Saville was rumoured to visit mortuaries late at night (I'm weasel wording it so as not to get the thread shut down). He didn't actually know anything, he was just hunting at rumours that he'd heard. Plenty of other people said similar things, but he's the one that gets all the attention because he was vague about it, so it appears to fit what we know now.

If you really want to see evidence that Saville and others were known to show attention to minors, you should watch "Superstar", episode 7 of series 3 of the Goodies, which contains a sight gag where the young female TotP audience members were given their own entrance to Television Centre."

I suspect if Lydon had known the full extent of Savil's (Yes Sa Vile Not Saville) wrong doings he would have gone to the police.

He was however talking about rumours he heard. There were obviously some BBC people who knew exactly what he did and stayed quiet.

Lydon had witnessed it thats why he spoke

The matter of time taken to be heard is the furious

Imagine being him and seeing it

Where those images or videos would gone

Not a dogs kennel

Shropshire

In the news this morning.

“Trainee police officer, 31, who groomed 100 girls as young as nine from all over the world on Tiktok and asked them to send him naked pictures is jailed for four years”

Tin town

"In the news this morning.

“Trainee police officer, 31, who groomed 100 girls as young as nine from all over the world on Tiktok and asked them to send him naked pictures is jailed for four years”

"

Is it that the vetting process isn't very good? Or that they didn't do one? Or that it's very hard to find tiktok videos?

By *anlovesboobsWoman  over a year ago

Near Oswestry

[Removed by poster at 04/02/23 17:50:40]

Sexual Predation a it's worst.

That comment is wrong on so many levels!

Some females are abused by females you know…

A lot of men are victims of domestic abuse too…

I have read quite a few of your posts and you are ver opinionated and small minded but this is unreal! "

Yep, totally agree with you. Ive not seen his other posts, but i call BS.

By *anlovesboobsWoman  over a year ago

Near Oswestry

The person that made that comment needs a public social rehabilitation course. With a mind set like that he is as dangerous as most sexual predators

» Add a new message to this topic